It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426 ... 1542  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
shakes wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Yeah, like people with a doctorate in the Constitution who advocate for an incredibly limited and narrow application of due process protections.

I'm more than 10 years removed from law school, but I only recall 2 semesters of Con Law class with a smattering of constitutional issues in other classes. Hardly a doctorate. Why does she feels to need to embellish everything?

I'm 20 years out of law school, only took the one Con Law 101 class that was mandatory and got a D in it. To this day I probably couldn't tell you which amendment is which. I'll say now what I said 20 years ago as I sat in Con Law not paying attention, "I'm going to get a job doing work comp, me learning the Constitution would be about as relevant as me learning Swahili."

so that begs the question. How relevant is it for uncontested divorce attorneys?

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
She only wants to be praised and beloved.
As opposed to all the people who wanted to be criticized and hated.

It's called being an adult, particularly if you work in media, expect to be criticized. And there are many pundits who made their careers as villains. We can give you another white knight notch if it makes you feel better though.
I think that is quite a stretch. I doubt most of the people she blocks would otherwise be fans and if they hate her enough to get upset about being blocked by her they still probably find a way to see her content.

The problem is, and you can see it in this thread, is that valid criticism often gets drowned out by attacks on her physical characteristics and her personally. She's not getting value if her twitter comments are basically Score Is Doomed types teaching her valuable profanity laced lessons about how horrible she is.

It isn't about white knighting either. I just think it's funny that anyone would be shocked that anyone doesn't want constant twitter attacks against them.

That's a different argument. Having a bot ban people underneath a certain number of Twitter followers to hide the potential of criticism reveals how thin-skinned and ridiculous she is. If you claim to be a journalist or activist then your job is to make your point to as many people as possible. #Thatsdemocracy. She clearly only wants to hear praise, but reserves the right to troll others when it suits her. #thatsdogma

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
She only wants to be praised and beloved.
As opposed to all the people who wanted to be criticized and hated.

It's called being an adult, particularly if you work in media, expect to be criticized. And there are many pundits who made their careers as villains. We can give you another white knight notch if it makes you feel better though.
I think that is quite a stretch. I doubt most of the people she blocks would otherwise be fans and if they hate her enough to get upset about being blocked by her they still probably find a way to see her content.

The problem is, and you can see it in this thread, is that valid criticism often gets drowned out by attacks on her physical characteristics and her personally. She's not getting value if her twitter comments are basically Score Is Doomed types teaching her valuable profanity laced lessons about how horrible she is.

It isn't about white knighting either. I just think it's funny that anyone would be shocked that anyone doesn't want constant twitter attacks against them.

That's a different argument. Having a bot ban people underneath a certain number of Twitter followers to hide the potential of criticism reveals how thin-skinned and ridiculous she is. If you claim to be a journalist or activist then your job is to make your point to as many people as possible. #Thatsdemocracy. She clearly only wants to hear praise, but reserves the right to troll others when it suits her. #thatsdogma
She would've lost her shit last year if say Arrietta had that same bot to block her when she tweeted at him about how "people are hurting today" after Trump won and he asked when the celebs were moving to Canada.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:37 am 

I don't think it is her job to make your point to as many people as possible especially when we are talking about a platform like twitter. Even you have to admit that her twitter is filled a lot of hate filled garbage that doesn't do anything but distract from whatever she is trying to say. Using a bot to clear up a lot of that automatically makes sense. For all we know, it actually gains her viewers as they can read the comments to her articles and her responses.

Imagine that she never blocked a single person. What do you think her twitter would look like? I'm going to guess that it would be unreadable.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:45 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I don't think it is her job to make your point to as many people as possible especially when we are talking about a platform like twitter. Even you have to admit that her twitter is filled a lot of hate filled garbage that doesn't do anything but distract from whatever she is trying to say. Using a bot to clear up a lot of that automatically makes sense. For all we know, it actually gains her viewers as they can read the comments to her articles and her responses.

Imagine that she never blocked a single person. What do you think her twitter would look like? I'm going to guess that it would be unreadable.

She talks about doing freelance since she is only a part timer at 670 and complained the ESPN layoffs would make it more difficult for her to freelance due to increased competition. (such an awful take too)

When you're freelancing, yes it is your job to reach as many people as possible as your job is to deliver clicks to the site paying you. If you don't deliver the clicks, they won't ask you to freelance again.

On a related note, I don't think she's gotten much freelance work lately. Especially since The Cauldron shut down

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:28 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Per usual you have ignored what I have said to make your "point", which originally was that people want to be praised. Now her Twitter would be unreadable if she was not blocking people. Her feed would be the same unless you decided to scroll through everyone who replied to her, but even that is not the argument here. It's that automatically banning accounts based on their number of followers is pre-censorship. This defeats the purpose of her claim that she needs Twitter for her job or to grow her audience.

If someone is attacking her weight or acting crazy she can go ahead and ban then. It's pre-banning people who have not even engaged her.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:30 pm 

"Pre-banning" :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:35 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Per usual you have ignored what I have said to make your "point", which originally was that people want to be praised. Now her Twitter would be unreadable if she was not blocking people. Her feed would be the same unless you decided to scroll through everyone who replied to her, but even that is not the argument here. It's that automatically banning accounts based on their number of followers is pre-censorship. This defeats the purpose of her claim that she needs Twitter for her job or to grow her audience.

If someone is attacking her weight or acting crazy she can go ahead and ban then. It's pre-banning people who have not even engaged her.

Ultimately she is free to do this, but her Twitter is her best tool to get clicks to any article she freelances. She will just have to face the consequences of not getting enough clicks to find repeat business from those who would otherwise pay her to produce content. She'll fall further behind her counterparts who get published regularly.

Tim fucking Baffoe gets published more than her.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:41 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
She uses Twitter constantly but does not understand how it works.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
if she cant comprehend that her public twitter account can still be viewed by twitter users she's banned... she sure as hell won't understand that restricting access to her freelance work will = less clicks

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's what she does. I don't remember exactly when it was, but she did say something about finding a bot or script that would go through her followers and the people they interact with and ban everyone that didn't meet some threshold. Whether that's followers, or following someone she doesn't like, whatever. But she does block people before they ever follow or even interact with her, admits that she doesn't see a lot of trolls, and still complains about the platform and resultant atmosphere. She's a bullshit artist, front to back.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:16 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Inspired by pre-crime. Really it's profiling, which she certainly rails against. These accounts might say something mean. Ban.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That's what she does. I don't remember exactly when it was, but she did say something about finding a bot or script that would go through her followers and the people they interact with and ban everyone that didn't meet some threshold. Whether that's followers, or following someone she doesn't like, whatever. But she does block people before they ever follow or even interact with her, admits that she doesn't see a lot of trolls, and still complains about the platform and resultant atmosphere. She's a bullshit artist, front to back.

I'm laughing because complaining about pre-banning is one of the lamest things I've ever heard. It sounds like an sjw term.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:17 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Inspired by pre-crime. Really it's profiling, which she certainly rails against. These accounts might say something mean. Ban.
:lol: It keeps getting better!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:19 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What do you disagree with? You certainly seem to have nothing to say to dispute it.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Arthur Chu and Sady Doyle do that; anyone who follows prominent Weird Twitter personalities gets preemptively blocked. At least Julie hasn't been divorced for being covered in ants:

Last edited by Curious Hair on Wed May 10, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:31 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

What do you disagree with? You certainly seem to have nothing to say to dispute it.
I'm just enjoying the fact that in a thread dedicated to complaining about SJW Julie and her constant victimhood and offense taking are now complaining that she is "pre-banning" people on twitter because a good portion of them probably don't like her and some would say negative things. Those same "pre-banning" victims can still easily read her tweets and only really lose out on the ability to reply to them.

Throw in a "free speech!" comment with the "pre-crime" and "profiling" and it would be complete.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:32 pm 

If I may though, I seem to remember a lot of talk on here about how she should "take her account private" to avoid trolls. This was actual advice given many times in this thread.

However, "pre-banning" is a terrible thing.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:40 pm 

It looks like she's launching a new podcast called "Burn it all Down."

Sounds like someone is bitter :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If I may though, I seem to remember a lot of talk on here about how she should "take her account private" to avoid trolls. This was actual advice given many times in this thread.

This is a basic logic game.

She insists that she needs Twitter for work. For this to be true it needs her account to be public. She cannot stand criticism, but cannot turn her account private. So she has attempted to create an account that bans people from even attempting to criticize her if she deems that they might.

This is circumventing the purpose of Twitter. It is preventing her from growing her audience, which is supposed to be the point of Twitter that she "needs" for work. If it's a private account then it can be purely for accolades. Attempting to have both defeats the purpose.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

JLN, ogie, and ruffcorn have already gotten about 15-20 minutes in to listening the podcast and are all taking copious notes.... i look forward to their analysis

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:49 pm 

billypootons wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

JLN, ogie, and ruffcorn have already gotten about 15-20 minutes in to listening the podcast and are all taking copious notes.... i look forward to their analysis

Nah, I won't even hate listen to it. I'll get the cliff notes from this thread or Keyana's Twitter

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:53 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

She insists that she needs Twitter for work. For this to be true it needs her account to be public. She cannot stand criticism, but cannot turn her account private. So she has attempted to create an account that bans people from even attempting to criticize her if she deems they they might.

This is circumventing the purpose of Twitter. It is preventing her from growing her audience, which is supposed to be the point of Twitter that she "needs" for work. If it's a private account then it can be purely for accolades. Attempting to have both defeats the purpose.
I don't really care enough to argue whether it is good or bad for her to do it. She would know much better than us given she has at least developed a strong following and worked herself into the media.

It's just very SJW-ish to complain that Julie may have "pre-banned" someone incorrectly.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 2:59 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

She insists that she needs Twitter for work. For this to be true it needs her account to be public. She cannot stand criticism, but cannot turn her account private. So she has attempted to create an account that bans people from even attempting to criticize her if she deems they they might.

I don't really care enough to argue whether it is good or bad for her to do it. She would know much better than us given she has at least developed a strong following and worked herself into the media.

It's just very SJW-ish to complain that Julie may have "pre-banned" someone incorrectly.

This is not a debate on morality. The discussion is defining the purpose a public Twitter account. I would say it is to gain followers. Number of Twitter followers is a metric to measure your media influence, hence her doing her job. Banning people who have not even engaged you runs counter to this, and SJW should be against this under the logic that it is profiling.

The Missing Link wrote:

Last edited by WaitingforRuffcorn on Wed May 10, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know some of you will be disappointed (really1 or 2 LOL)
but she had a change of plans.

Julie DiCaro‏Verified account @JulieDiCaro · 3h3 hours ago

Replying to @ChicagoGod

Sadly, had a change of schedule due to travel. Back on the air Mon night at 10 pm CT.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:24 pm 

Another public encounter. Yet she failed to provide a picture... hmm.
Quote:
Julie DiCaro‏Verified account @JulieDiCaro 4h4 hours ago
Chick @ORD has plugged in her phone and now is sleeping on bench, preventing everyone from using charging station. How far can I go here?

Time to publicly shame this chick. Has she been delayed for hours? Bumped? Who knows. Fuck her because...

Quote:
Julie DiCaro‏Verified account @JulieDiCaro 4h4 hours ago
I should add this is a millennial sleeping with a GD stuffed animal in public.

Millennial. Needs to be shamed.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

Her trip should provide a goldmine of great tweets to ridicule, as they should be.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
There's a special place in hell for women who attack other women. Unless they're doing something that bothers you .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
billypootons wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I barely made it through the poorly mixed intro music (which is copyright infringement, I'm sure), and then heard about 10 seconds of constant clipping as she did the propers. Turned it off.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 4:39 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
I barely made it through the poorly mixed intro music (which is copyright infringement, I'm sure)

Was it "Burn One Down" by Ben Harper?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 420, 421, 422, 423, 424, 425, 426 ... 1542  Next