It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 1540  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Terry's Peeps wrote:
KDdidit wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
Wonder if Julie will now become an avid Doctor Who fan.

I dunno, a woman is one thing, but a white blonde one? Not good enough.

Not Julie, but not surprised to see this out there.

https://twitter.com/GeekMelange/status/ ... 7526209536

If there is a kind and merciful god in this world, then this bitch will set herself on fire next time she does fire-spinning.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Jaw Breaker wrote:
And props to Serena for saying if she played Andy Murray, she would lose 6-0, 6-0, in 5-10 minutes.

I'd actually like to see Murray spot Serena "advantage" in every game and see how she'd do. I think she'd still lose 6-2 6-2. But it'd be entertaining for at least the first set.

They should do it for a couple of their favorite charities, one in the US, one in the UK.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:58 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
conns7901 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I think it'd be about the same with baseball: take one of those girls who kicks boys' balls in at the LLWS and send her through college/organized baseball and she probably cracks Double A but also maybe not.

The gender gap by the time they are Juniors and Seniors is significant. At 12 a lot of times girls are stronger than boys. The best female baseball players in the world wouldn't start on a good varsity high school baseball team.

Dumbass slob Julie needs to simply be pointed to track and field records. The worlds best women's atheletes can't even beat high school boys records in Illinois.

That fat bitch needs to get a life.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:59 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
thewatcher wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I think it'd be about the same with baseball: take one of those girls who kicks boys' balls in at the LLWS and send her through college/organized baseball and she probably cracks Double A but also maybe not.

The gender gap by the time they are Juniors and Seniors is significant. At 12 a lot of times girls are stronger than boys. The best female baseball players in the world wouldn't start on a good varsity high school baseball team.

Dumbass slob Julie needs to simply be pointed to track and field records. The worlds best women's atheletes can't even beat high school boys records in Illinois.

That fat bitch needs to get a life.

And when you think about it, no one ever degrades, or in JDC's terms, "bags" the female gender for the obvious performance differences...it's just a given. The only people bringing it up are people like Julie and that idiot NPR interviewer who goaded McEnroe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
It's conceivable a woman could through an effective 80 mph knuckleball.

Highly unlikely. First you'd have to find a woman with freakishly large hands. Okay, some of those certainly exist. But now one of them would have to dedicate herself to mastering the pitch. There have only been a handful of effective knuckleballers in major league history. The chances of a woman doing it are slim.

I think you could find a few women who are fast and agile enough to cover center. They just wouldn't be able to hit. Did I say .150? I think that's overly generous.

I think its far more likely a woman could have an effective novelty pitch than to make it in center field. I agree some may be fast and agile enough to cover it, but I would set her BA at .050 and still play the under.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:20 am 

TurdFerguson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Highly unlikely. First you'd have to find a woman with freakishly large hands. Okay, some of those certainly exist. But now one of them would have to dedicate herself to mastering the pitch. There have only been a handful of effective knuckleballers in major league history. The chances of a woman doing it are slim.

I think you could find a few women who are fast and agile enough to cover center. They just wouldn't be able to hit. Did I say .150? I think that's overly generous.

I think its far more likely a woman could have an effective novelty pitch than to make it in center field. I agree some may be fast and agile enough to cover it, but I would set her BA at .050 and still play the under.

Jumping in without reading back much but some sort of freakish Brittney Griner type could exist and hit maybe?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
rogers park bryan wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:

Jumping in without reading back much but some sort of freakish Brittney Griner type could exist and hit maybe?

britney griner couldn't make an nba roster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Griner couldn't make Simeon's varsity boys team

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:41 am 

Were talking about baseball though. The point is a woman could have the physicality to hit major league pitching

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Were talking about baseball though. The point is a woman could have the physicality to hit major league pitching

I don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:48 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think so.

To be fair, I don't think Dan Bernstein can either

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:03 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Don't know if she was able to turn on the 100 mph pitches later, or even 80, but she looks good smacking balls around at 60 mph:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think so.

I just don't see it happening. Start with the bat, best i can find the lightest bats used in MLB were by Tony Gwynn and Rod Carew and they were 29oz and 32 inches long.

The heaviest NCAA softball bat I'm seeing is 24oz on a 33 inch bat.

I just can't see them being able to barrel up pitches with the heavier bat.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Psycory wrote:
This makes me think of the time in college when my roommate's girlfriend was convinced she could beat me in an arm wrestling match. She was a softball player and in really good shape. She was left handed and I was right but I said let's wrestle left handed. I kept my arm still at the top for a good 30 seconds while she tried as hard as she could to push my arm down, it never moved. I finally put her out of her misery and it wasn't really close.

Wrong thread. The thread for talking about our greatest sports achievements in life is in the general section.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:01 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I couldn't find the other thread.
Sadly though, you may be correct. Or it is tied with my hole in one at Par King's skyscraper hole.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:02 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Psycory wrote:
This makes me think of the time in college when my roommate's girlfriend was convinced she could beat me in an arm wrestling match. She was a softball player and in really good shape. She was left handed and I was right but I said let's wrestle left handed. I kept my arm still at the top for a good 30 seconds while she tried as hard as she could to push my arm down, it never moved. I finally put her out of her misery and it wasn't really close.

What did you bet her?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:06 am 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
:oops: I missed out on a prime opportunity.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Julie RT'd this story, ostensibly as evidence for her theory that a woman could hang around the minor leagues:

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2017/07/16/242 ... -the-1950s

Making her first start of the year on Saturday, Stacy Piagno picked up a much more important first: a "W." The U.S. Women's National Team member and pitcher for the independent Sonoma Stompers had pitched twice in relief this year, but got the nod against the Pittsburg Diamonds.

She easily dispatched them. Piagno pitched seven innings, surrendering only one run and four hits in the Stompers' 16-1 victory. She also added four strikeouts and retired the final 11 batters she faced.

....Piagno wasn't the only woman to find success on the field on Saturday: Kelsie Whitmore started in left field and collected her first hit of ths season.

There's also a video:

https://twitter.com/SonomaStompers/stat ... 6465062916

That's a 70mph fastball, tops.

Also, calling the 4-team Pacific Association of Professional Baseball Clubs "pro ball" is more than a bit generous. Hell, even calling them "independent ball" is a bit of a stretch. This is barely removed from a beer league.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
From a 2014 article
The Press Democrat wrote:
And for a paycheck something less than winning the lottery? Each team has a monthly salary cap of $15,000 which includes paying two coaches as well as the 22 players.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/sports/243 ... artslide=0

Spread out evenly, that is $625 per month per player/coach. Very "Pro".

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Independent baseball is a grift. Have we forgotten about the Lake County Fielders?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Tafdes
@JulieDiCaro
I really like knowing Ann Coulter flies coach.

Yeah ....but I bet she paid for it HERSELF!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Curious Hair wrote:
Independent baseball is a grift. Have we forgotten about the Lake County Fielders?

Who?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If it wasn't for independant league baseball I couldn't see Buff Bagwell on a Thursday night in Crestwood!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
KDdidit wrote:
If it wasn't for independant league baseball I couldn't see Buff Bagwell on a Thursday night in Crestwood!

You say that like it's a positive.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:58 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I don't think so.

I dont go in too hard (HI CAIRO) on these hypothetical discussions involving body type comparisons but Im pretty sure there are women as strong as the average MLBer.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:03 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Who?

The owner of the Schaumburg Flyers tried to start a new Northern League team in Zion because Schaumburg got sick of him not paying bills. Then Zion never built the stadium they promised, the announcer quit on the air because he wasn't getting paid, the team got kicked out of the league and had to play the end of their schedule against a beer league team from Kenosha. Back when I was doing creative for WXLC/WKRS I sat in on the meetings they had for promotions and stuff and got such a bad vibe. It was a tremendous shitshow.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Remember , Julie thinks there's a special place in hell for women who attack other women. Unless its the icky conservative ones . Then it's game on. This is also the woman who went on a multi page twitter rant against United the day she ditched her kid on his birthday to fly for the fantasy football draft

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:21 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

You say that like it's a positive.

I hear Big Poppa Pump is a fun steroid and alcohol fueled man to run with

Last edited by ToxicMasculinity on Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:39 pm 
Apparently she is going to be drunk tweeting. This should be good.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:47 pm 

Baby McNown wrote:
Apparently she is going to be drunk tweeting. This should be good.

Maybe she will finally solicit a BBC booty call for her BBW self

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 471, 472, 473, 474, 475, 476, 477 ... 1540  Next