It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
When Hub recovers as we all pray. What if he wants to return to light work. I can't believe his family would let him return to be on with Bernstein or Parkins and Spiegel. Hub aptly called his Justin Fields conversations with Bernstein "circular". Bernstein insisted Hub cry uncle and concede Fields should have started earlier. Hub repeatedly was disgusted with vile Bernstein. Then when Parkins setup Hub in the Aaron Rodgers incident. Hub was noticably miffed on subsequent visits to P & S. I can't believe Hub's family will want him with these vile 3 who use their guests in their late 60s as pawns.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:23 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Arthur Arkush will take over for Hub and ruin the family business.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I can't hear Hub Arkush and not think of his work on the Bears radio call for those disappointing teams in the late 80's and early 90's. Despite how badly those teams upset me, I still remember him fondly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:15 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
blackhawksfan wrote:
Arthur Arkush will take over for Hub and ruin the family business.

Didn't Shaw Media take over Pro Footballl Weekly?

I don't think there is an Arkush family business any more.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:16 am 
1000 CLUB

Warren Newson wrote:
I can't hear Hub Arkush and not think of his work on the Bears radio call for those disappointing teams in the late 80's and early 90's. Despite how badly those teams upset me, I still remember him fondly.

My memory is hazy, but I recall a Young Hub excelling in his role as a radio analyst for the Bears.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 5:14 am 

pizza_Place: John's
It was Hub, (Traitor) Wayne Larivee and I forgot the 3rd guy in the radio booth...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:12 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
It was Hub, (Traitor) Wayne Larivee and I forgot the 3rd guy in the radio booth...

It was Dick Butkus screaming "Get it!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: John's
And Majkowski WAS OVER THE LINE!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

My memory is hazy, but I recall a Young Hub excelling in his role as a radio analyst for the Bears.

I always thought he was older than he is but apparentlys he was pretty young when he did those games. My dad would always turn the radio on instead of listen to the national broadcast so it is a fond memory.. When it was Butkus he basically just groaned and grunted the entire game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

He was the analyst, Larrivee was the PBP, and Butkus was the cheerleader.

My oldest son remembers early Hub as the "brought to you by" guy.

Hub did all the live, in game reads from sponsors.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Caller Bob wrote:
And Majkowski WAS OVER THE LINE!

This reminds me...back in the late 70's/early 80's, my dad bowled in a league with Hub at Arlington lanes.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
Seacrest wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Warren Newson wrote:

He was the analyst, Larrivee was the PBP, and Butkus was the cheerleader.

My oldest son remembers early Hub as the "brought to you by" guy.

Hub did all the live, in game reads from sponsors.

If my memory serves me correctly, he could be pessimistic and his criticism could get pointed when things weren't going well. I thought that was why he was moved out of that role.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
too bad mcconnell left before the super bowl team. i believe it was jim hart in the booth with larrivee and butkus. mcconnell was the radio voice of payton's best years. i'm thinking hub was the sideline guy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Larrivee was (and I assume continues to be) a great radio voice for football. I remember listening to Larrivee, Hub and Butkus call games while i was working weekends back in the day and even though I am not a Bears fan, listening to the excitement of the games back in those days is a good memory.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I always crack up when the afternoon show plays the clip of Larrivee saying "Matt Nagy...the arrogance!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 9:59 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Jaw Breaker wrote:
I always crack up when the afternoon show plays the clip of Larrivee saying "Matt Nagy...the arrogance!!!"

I was bothered by a Packers announcer doing Bulls games for WGN.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Jaw Breaker wrote:

Turns out he was right!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:07 am 

Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

especially because Larrivee is a traitor. Do Bucks games if you love wisconsin so much you wig wearing hump

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:25 am 
Site Admin

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

especially because Larrivee is a traitor. Do Bucks games if you love wisconsin so much you wig wearing hump

Larrivee grew up a Packers fan and that was always his dream job if I remember correctly.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:43 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I like Larrivee.

The dagger!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Larrivee grew up a Packers fan and that was always his dream job if I remember correctly.

A face for radio and a wig for Wisconsin.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2022 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

I like Larrivee.

The dagger!

I like him, too, and wish he were still doing Bears' games.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I am a huge Hub fan and my thoughts and prayers are with his Hub and his family.

I do not get the secrecy and privacy that continues to be present. Not a suicide, overdose, aids, etc..... that usually prompt that.

Something that is gonna happen to all of us at sometime, heart attack, cancer, disease, etc.

That said I will respect that and pray for Hub.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:00 pm 
Site Admin

Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

That's a wig?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:07 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Seacrest wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Nas wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

That's a wig?

Doesn't really matter. It looks like wig.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 12:16 am 

Hope he's back sooner than later. Who else can we count on to make excuses as to why the offense sucks?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:08 am 

cookie23 wrote:
I am a huge Hub fan and my thoughts and prayers are with his Hub and his family.

I do not get the secrecy and privacy that continues to be present. Not a suicide, overdose, aids, etc..... that usually prompt that.

Something that is gonna happen to all of us at sometime, heart attack, cancer, disease, etc.

There was a time in the distant past when we lived our lives privately. It didn't mean we were hiding anything.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:16 am 
Site Admin

blackhawksfan wrote:
Hope he's back sooner than later. Who else can we count on to make excuses as to why the offense sucks?

Hub will be back.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
good dolphin wrote:
cookie23 wrote:

There was a time in the distant past when we lived our lives privately. It didn't mean we were hiding anything.

It is a much more connected time. I don't have a lot of "friends" on Facebook, just one set from college and graduate school, one set I have met through hobbies, and a bunch of family here and in Australia. But when I posted a photo of a TSA line on Friday and mentioned that I couldn't get reserved parking because I had bought the ticket on 12 hours notice, I had three different friends reach out by nightfall wanting to know what was wrong. Because they knew I hate traveling over holidays and I wasn't going to drop $500 for a last minute ticket just because I miss Gene N Jude's and Johnny's.

So I ended up having to post what my cousins already knew, which was that my father had suffered a hemmorage the night before, been found by staff within ten minutes, and was taken to the ICU. [He's making small improvements each day but his swallow function is going to be the big problem.]. If my mom was alive, there is no way she every would have let me post that anywhere - we handle our problems ourselves and it's nobody's business.

I hope that Hub is making at least a small improvements each day. He seems genuine if occasionally misguided, and deserves our best wishes and the ubiquitous "thoughts and prayers."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:09 am 

His son was on the score today and he still referred to it as a "medical emergency". Why the secretcy?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next