It is currently Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:56 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
It was really awkward for Hub's son Arthur to be on the air with Parkins & Spiegel who set up his dad in the Aaron Rodgers MVP vote incident.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:08 am 

pizza_Place: John's
You can glean from the information given that it was a stroke.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
I am a huge Hub fan and my thoughts and prayers are with his Hub and his family.

I do not get the secrecy and privacy that continues to be present. Not a suicide, overdose, aids, etc..... that usually prompt that.

Something that is gonna happen to all of us at sometime, heart attack, cancer, disease, etc.

That said I will respect that and pray for Hub.

There was a time in the distant past when we lived our lives privately. It didn't mean we were hiding anything.

It is a much more connected time. I don't have a lot of "friends" on Facebook, just one set from college and graduate school, one set I have met through hobbies, and a bunch of family here and in Australia. But when I posted a photo of a TSA line on Friday and mentioned that I couldn't get reserved parking because I had bought the ticket on 12 hours notice, I had three different friends reach out by nightfall wanting to know what was wrong. Because they knew I hate traveling over holidays and I wasn't going to drop $500 for a last minute ticket just because I miss Gene N Jude's and Johnny's.

So I ended up having to post what my cousins already knew, which was that my father had suffered a hemmorage the night before, been found by staff within ten minutes, and was taken to the ICU. [He's making small improvements each day but his swallow function is going to be the big problem.]. If my mom was alive, there is no way she every would have let me post that anywhere - we handle our problems ourselves and it's nobody's business.

I hope that Hub is making at least a small improvements each day. He seems genuine if occasionally misguided, and deserves our best wishes and the ubiquitous "thoughts and prayers."

Wishing the best for your Dad.

In regards to Hub....he's dug his own grave...he's had no problem dishing it out over the years when it suits him. I don't dislike Hub....but I do find him pretty self-righteous. I do hope he recovers and returns, but as you described...he is definitely misguided at times.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:50 pm 

Even though Hub is a liberal like the other Score hosts there was usually some tension when he was a guest. I respect him that he wouldn't rubber-stamp a lot of the Score's mandated pro left opinions. He battled it out with Bernstein & Goff that he wouldn't crawl in their sewer of opinions and agree with them Colin Kaepernick had more NFL talent left in him. Spiegel gave his signature "I'm a sensitive guy and I'm offended" sigh many times when Hub wouldn't agree with P & S. Mac & Hub was intense when Hub said he knew something was going to happen after the fact and Mac would do his signature mumbling under his breath. Hub was quite critical of Tom Ricketts first rebuild when he did a lot of 6-10s.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:12 pm 

Hub's Bears views are certainly missed on the Score. Looks like Michael Lombardi and Sage Rosenfels are gone too. P & S appeared snake bitten with Boomer Esiason after the Cubs embarrassing first pitch and waddling.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
good dolphin wrote:
cookie23 wrote:
I am a huge Hub fan and my thoughts and prayers are with his Hub and his family.

I do not get the secrecy and privacy that continues to be present. Not a suicide, overdose, aids, etc..... that usually prompt that.

Something that is gonna happen to all of us at sometime, heart attack, cancer, disease, etc.

That said I will respect that and pray for Hub.

There was a time in the distant past when we lived our lives privately. It didn't mean we were hiding anything.

It is a much more connected time. I don't have a lot of "friends" on Facebook, just one set from college and graduate school, one set I have met through hobbies, and a bunch of family here and in Australia. But when I posted a photo of a TSA line on Friday and mentioned that I couldn't get reserved parking because I had bought the ticket on 12 hours notice, I had three different friends reach out by nightfall wanting to know what was wrong. Because they knew I hate traveling over holidays and I wasn't going to drop $500 for a last minute ticket just because I miss Gene N Jude's and Johnny's.

So I ended up having to post what my cousins already knew, which was that my father had suffered a hemmorage the night before, been found by staff within ten minutes, and was taken to the ICU. [He's making small improvements each day but his swallow function is going to be the big problem.]. If my mom was alive, there is no way she every would have let me post that anywhere - we handle our problems ourselves and it's nobody's business.

I hope that Hub is making at least a small improvements each day. He seems genuine if occasionally misguided, and deserves our best wishes and the ubiquitous "thoughts and prayers."

I hope your father is doing well.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 7:43 pm 

Best wishes for your dad, you and your family Chet. And hoping that you'll enjoy Johnnie's soon.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Regular Reader wrote:
Best wishes for your dad, you and your family Chet. And hoping that you'll enjoy Johnnie's soon.

Unfortunately, my father passed away earlier this week. Definitely merciful for him, and probably for me in the long run. And I did manage to get a double Italian Sausage sweet for dinner the other night.

Hopefully since Hub is younger and didn't seem as cognitively challenged most of the time, he will have a better outcome.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:11 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:

Unfortunately, my father passed away earlier this week. Definitely merciful for him, and probably for me in the long run. And I did manage to get a double Italian Sausage sweet for dinner the other night.

Hopefully since Hub is younger and didn't seem as cognitively challenged most of the time, he will have a better outcome.

So sorry to hear about your dad Chet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I'm sorry about your Dad, Chet.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

So sorry to hear about your dad Chet

I’m sorry as well Chet. You were clearly close to your dad and have gone through a lot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:17 pm 

Very sorry Chet. Best wishes to you and family!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Sorry to hear about your Dad, Chet. You seem like a good and loving son that spent a lot of your time traveling to visit with him on a regular basis. I’m sure your visits made his last few years more enjoyable for him while his health declined. God bless.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Unfortunately, my father passed away earlier this week.

sorry for your loss.

ζωή σε σας

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Condolences, Chet

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:33 am 

Sorry chet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Sorry to hear that, Chet.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
I'm sorry to hear that Chet. My condolences to you and your family.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:37 am 

Sorry to hear Chet. You were a great son and he seemed to really love and appreciate all the doting you did upon him. Heaven has a beef stand.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:27 pm 

Really sorry to hear that Chet. I sincerely hope that you and your family are dealing with it as possible.

You have my thoughts and prayers my friend.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:35 pm 

Chet, you are a great son. Condolences

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Arthur Arkush

After 31 days in ICU, Dad underwent successful surgery Friday and is underway on another long but increasingly hopeful road to recovery. Thank you for all of your support. The only thing more remarkable is our family & dad’s strength & determination.
More positive updates soon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:13 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Arthur Arkush

After 31 days in ICU, Dad underwent successful surgery Friday and is underway on another long but increasingly hopeful road to recovery. Thank you for all of your support. The only thing more remarkable is our family & dad’s strength & determination.
More positive updates soon

Good to see a positive update. Hoping Hub bounces back and gets healthy enough to enjoy his family and friends.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:58 pm 

Ouch...Kicking Hub when he's down.

NEW YORK — The Associated Press has dropped the MVP Award voter who last season said he wouldn’t cast his vote for Aaron Rodgers. He said it was in part because the quarterback refused to take the COVD-19 shot, a source told OutKick on Tuesday.

Longtime Pro Football Weekly publisher Hub Arkush called Rodgers “a jerk” and a “bad guy” who was hurting his team. This followed revelations Rodgers had not taken the shot but told reporters he was “immunized.”

https://www.outkick.com/ap-boots-voter- ... ne-stance/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:37 pm 

Couple days after Hub's Aaron Rodgers "is a bad guy" comments.

Caller - Hub, and I know he's a friend.
Les Grobstein - We're not necessarily friends per se.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Can Hub even talk? Bad sign that he hasn't even released a statement yet.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:52 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
It may have taken awhile for him to be revived. Mark Langston had similar episode during game vs. Astros but 2 police officers were nearby and administered CPR right away so he was only gone 3 minutes. He didn't suffer any side-effects and was back calling games in a couple weeks.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Is CPR recommended immediately for a stroke?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
pittmike wrote:

Has that (a stroke) actually been confirmed?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
pittmike wrote:

Probably a blood thinner. I don't think it was a stroke or a TIA.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 412 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next