It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 6:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Terry Boers & Meat
PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Fuck the rooftops...they don't count.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:04 pm 

wdelaney72 wrote:
That's how most of the local businesses were looked at like.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

I don't think the area bars and eateries were as bad a business model as the rooftops.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:32 pm 

Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

I don't think the area bars and eateries were as bad a business model as the rooftops.

I agree but it is also clear that much of the goal of the renovation was to take people away from those bars and eateries and put them into Ricketts owned properties. As I said, I have no problem with that but it also shouldn't be said that the renovations were a good thing for the neighborhood. It was a takeover of the neighborhood by the Ricketts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Apart Pizza
Darkside wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:

WILD HARE ???

The JEANUS Sox fans hear told me What a GREAT business model it was.

Now?, GONE!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:27 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
enigma wrote:
Hub didn't give credit to the Ricketts for any of the Cubs success. But he was certainly quick to blame the family for the Cub inaction this offseason and not the errors made in spending by Theo.

On the other hand Hub was quick to defend Bears ownership even though the team has won one championship the past 55 years.

I do not post much, but when I do I don't attack other posters and label them like anti-semites as you have done to me, Seacrest. I my first response would be to respond with a vulgarity of my own, but i do not wish to stoop to your level.

Aww, you said something that was demonstrably false, and now you are upset that someone called you on it. And then tried to play the victim and act like you were called a name that you were not.

Think what you want about Hub, but your reasoning for criticizing him was somewhere between made up and deeply flawed.

The 55 years reference was humorous though.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:33 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
You don't have to like the McCaskeys to trust that they're more genuinely charitable than the guys trying to buy up every inch of real estate in sight, but I'm sure we're overdue for another Laura Ricketts op-ed telling me otherwise.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Clawmaster wrote:
Once you realize that Hub, and to be honest all of the Bears beat people, have to play nice with the McCaskey's in order to be granted enough access to the team to do their jobs you know that most of his "takes" on the team are simply not true. Remember hearing him shut down a post game show caller for questioning Phillips and the McCaskey's for blaming them for Pace's failures, Olin silenced Hub by simply asking, "who do you think hired Pace and Nagy", Hub sat in stunned silence for a second before quickly changing the subject. Cannot hate Hub for this, it's just the price of doing business. He is also a self professed former hippie liberal with meatball leftist takes on everything, again there is nothing wrong with this as everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, but you must take this into account whenever listening to his opinions which are in fact opinions and are not facts, making him just as much a Bears expert as anyone who has played football or followed the team closely for years.

What's hilarious about all of these Hub comments is that the Bears let him go like 16 years ago.

WBBM carries the Bears games, WSCR does not. Which is why Hub is allowed to there, but not at BBM.

So, Hub makes his living off of the NFL, but not a nickel off of the McCaskey's. :lol: :lol:

Think Dick Jauron. That's why Hub was let go off of any Bears broadcasts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:07 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
enigma wrote:
Hub didn't give credit to the Ricketts for any of the Cubs success. But he was certainly quick to blame the family for the Cub inaction this offseason and not the errors made in spending by Theo.

On the other hand Hub was quick to defend Bears ownership even though the team has won one championship the past 55 years.

I do not post much, but when I do I don't attack other posters and label them like anti-semites as you have done to me, Seacrest. I my first response would be to respond with a vulgarity of my own, but i do not wish to stoop to your level.

Aww, you said something that was demonstrably false, and now you are upset that someone called you on it. And then tried to play the victim and act like you were called a name that you were not.

Think what you want about Hub, but your reasoning for criticizing him was somewhere between made up and deeply flawed.

The 55 years reference was humorous though.

what did I say was demonstrably false? Hub said he didn't like the Ricketts, partly because of the contribution to the community and some other issues outside of baseball (which was presumably politics). He wasn't going to give credit to the Rickets for any of the Cubs success and blamed the Ricketts for the Cubs inactivity this offseason, while giving Theo a pass. Hub was saying a lot of things, I wasn't transcribing his entire rant. Compare that to the McCaskeys who he won't criticize. That is my issue with Hub's comment, he is willing to give criticize Ricketts for the way they run the Cubs, but oh, no don't blame the McCaskey's it's not their fault.

And playing the victim? "Probably because they are both tribesman, amirite?" This is your quote, how am I going to read this other then you accusing me of being an anti-Semite. Please explain to me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:38 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Good radio yesterday with Hub & Boers. Big surprise Drinky forgot he had father obligations and couldn't make an appearance.
Some good old radio clips from the past. Forgot about Boers' "Hub Gallagher" line.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious Hair wrote:
You don't have to like the McCaskeys to trust that they're more genuinely charitable than the guys trying to buy up every inch of real estate in sight, but I'm sure we're overdue for another Laura Ricketts op-ed telling me otherwise.

If the Bears owned Wrigley Field, they'd do the same as the Ricketts. The Bears can't do that around Soldier Field as there's nothing to buy and they don't own the stadium in the first place.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:45 am 

wdelaney72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

If the Bears owned Wrigley Field, they'd do the same as the Ricketts. The Bears can't do that around Soldier Field as there's nothing to buy and they don't own the stadium in the first place.

The Bears ownership group may be the least demanding to the city in all of American sports. They can't even change the grass to turf if they wanted to.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 11:32 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
FrankDrebin wrote:
Good radio yesterday with Hub & Boers. Big surprise Drinky forgot he had father obligations and couldn't make an appearance.
Some good old radio clips from the past. Forgot about Boers' "Hub Gallagher" line.

Which batch of kids did he have obligations with? :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Very enjoyable listening to Terry and Hub. Very good rapport together. They had a big surprise guest. It was my hero Jason Goff which I passed on. Hub railed on the state of Wisconsin for President Trump winning it in 2016. They comically reviewed the Score's bad blood with Hub during the Dick Jauron era. I remember when North ambushed him in an interview Hub mentioned. All is good now between Hub and Terry. Money talks.

10-29-02 B&B https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WtzM_gT-3o8

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Very enjoyable listening to Terry and Hub. Very good rapport together. They had a big surprise guest. It was my hero Jason Goff which I passed on. Hub railed on the state of Wisconsin for President Trump winning it in 2016. They comically reviewed the Score's bad blood with Hub during the Dick Jauron era. I remember when North ambushed him in an interview Hub mentioned. All is good now between Hub and Terry. Money talks.

Jason Goff and bad political thoughts from Hub? Glad I missed that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Didn’t know Hub began at Carbondale before transferring to Michigan. He painted quite the picture of himself with hair past his shoulders, a Santa beard, and jean overalls with no shirt.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:13 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

The Bears ownership group may be the least demanding to the city in all of American sports. They can't even change the grass to turf if they wanted to.

:lol: sad but true

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:35 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

I heard a lot of Goff. He mentioned the Score used to have a guy who was the son of a car dealer who hosted for them that was useless. Who was that?

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
I only got to hear a little bit while driving (stepson got married!) but it is always good to hear Terry again. I would love it if he would be willing to just do maybe 10 shows a year... sprinkle them throughout... the guy is the best in the business (no offense, Mac FM.)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
RFDC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
wdelaney72 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol: sad but true

They needed a new stadium in the late 90's which you'd think would have been the PEAK time to extort the shit out of a city after Cleveland lost the Browns and LA lost both teams. And they still wound up being made the city and Park District's bitch. Meanwhile Green Bay has a fucking Taj Mahal built over basically a high school stadium, Detroit and Jacksonville have hosted Super Bowls.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:04 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Green Bay got Lambeau as right as Chicago got Soldier Field wrong. If you didn't know better, you'd think the most hallowed stadium in the NFL (and NFL stadiums largely blow, there's not a lot of, ah, hallowing there) was always a big steel-and-redbrick monument to the footed ball. Nope, it was originally just shitty aluminum siding. Soldier Field should have wound up looking even more neoclassical than it already did. We got the spaceship instead.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:52 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Great show. Terry sounded good and had some excellent contributions. And Spiegel needs to get a hosting gig again. Mac and Parkins is the only show worth listening to.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:33 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:

Which batch of kids did he have obligations with? :lol: :lol: :lol:

drinky's monthly wall calendar is color coded to the child's mother

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:39 am 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Didn’t know Hub began at Carbondale before transferring to Michigan. He painted quite the picture of himself with hair past his shoulders, a Santa beard, and jean overalls with no shirt.

Did he tell his little lie about playing college football? That one is always good because it leads with him having gone to Michigan so you are lead to believe that Hub played football at Michigan.

We need to do the Bernstein height check on Hub. My guess is that he is sub 5'8.5". It's ridiculous to believe he even played at SIU (or Deerfield for that matter).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
good dolphin wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Did he tell his little lie about playing college football? That one is always good because it leads with him having gone to Michigan so you are lead to believe that Hub played football at Michigan.

That's a very Leery thing to do. It's also a very WSCR thing to do. With the exception of David Kaplan, who is like Commander McBragg for those old enough to remember that cartoon, I can't recall anyone at AM1000 who lies, exagerrates, or omits details about things like that.