It is currently Fri May 24, 2024 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 5:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Observer wrote:
are they actually going to talk sports or sjw woke stuff?

Sports with an emphasis on wokeness.

I've been waiting for someone to exploit this niche for a long time. I'm really surprised no one came up with it sooner.

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Of the 28 hosts/participants shown, I count 25 whites (maybe one of them hispanic) and 3 blacks. And two women.

Those team logos are special.

They still may have higher diversity than the Score.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:29 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Observer wrote:
are they actually going to talk sports or sjw woke stuff?

Sports with an emphasis on wokeness.

I've been waiting for someone to exploit this niche for a long time. I'm really surprised no one came up with it sooner.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. This will be a failure.

I don't know most of the people in the video. Pretty big lineup for a start up. But I noticed most of them are young. So I get it for them. Something to put on their resume.

Olin Krutz kind of makes sense to me. What the fuck for him? He's a millionaire. Do this shit. No harm for him if it fails. He doesn't need it.

Zawaski and Herb are interesting. They're old dogs in this sports media game. If it was gonna happen for them, it would have already happened.

Zawaski left his producer position for a job at WBBM that I don't understand. He's in charge of podcasts for WBBM people. Not sports. Politics and social issue dissuasions from what I understand. Who the fuck is listening to that? Nobody. But good for him. On the SCORE they said it's a 9-5 job and he has his own office. Has to wear a suit. I don't know what you do for 8 hours a day to do this job. But they gave it to him. Must have been a pay raise or else he wouldn't have quit the producer job with Bernstein and Leila. He'll do this for a while before WBBM figures out it makes no money and eliminate his position.

Herb is interesting because if I were him, I'd just work the 2 hours on Larry's stupid show and do UBER. I don't know what he was making. I'd assume at least 35k. And if you ask me, that's pretty good money for a 10 hour work week. Gives you flexibility to get a second job.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:27 am 
1000 CLUB

Who the fuck is the owner of this operation? Who's financing this bullshit with dozens of employees. It's not just these "no name" hosts. They have to have producers I'd assume.

Just curious who's paying for this? Anybody know?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:32 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
Who the fuck is the owner of this operation? Who's financing this bullshit with dozens of employees. It's not just these "no name" hosts. They have to have producers I'd assume.

SOROS!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Who the hell is SOROS?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:34 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Only way I'd possibly listen is if two bigger name people were on a podcast. If they had a segment honestly critiquing sports media (especially the Score). Lastly, if they develop a reputation for extremely honest blunt opinions (like me).

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:15 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Beardown wrote:

SOROS!!!

:lol: :lol:

Curious Hair dominating this thread.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:36 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
one funny thing i noticed is that the "professional podcasters" and beat reporters they bring in don't wear hats, but the "amateurs" like herb and stuckmeyer and others do wear their sox/cubs hats when they're doing the podcast. i had to laugh when the hipster looking white sox beat reporter guy told a story about Tony getting pissed at him for calling leury garcia a utility player. i don't think his ironic attempt at a chicago mustache helped him garner cred with TLR.

typically there's 3-4 guys on one of the shows and one of them will wear a hat, except for the bears podcast where nobody wore hats and it was just olin and two young guys born in the mid 90s. it was fun when olin started grilling them on their high school careers to try and find out "where they [played] their football" but as long as that bears show is 80%+ olin talking it's pretty much fine for what it is. obviously they want to get younger people as do most businesses, but older people might have an issue with 2/3 of a bears show having no proper memories of the wannstedt era. it will damper their credibility with old curmudgeons if they can't make a good alonzo spellman joke, you know what i'm saying?

i still would have like to have seen the look on olin's face if somebody asked him if he's ever taped cedric benson to a goalpost. that was easily the best question they didnt have the balls to ask. i would have at least loved to seen the face of one of their (likely female) producers upon seeing my question and being like "what the fuck is this guy in the chat asking?" --- a question that matters, honey.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:44 am 

and in case any of those kids end up mining us for content... well here's what i mean by alonzo spellman stories...

FOR TWO YEARS, ALONZO SPELLMAN'S LIFE SPUN OUT OF CONTROL. IT WAS A TIME OF EXTREMES. IT WAS A TIME OF WASTED CHANCES.
By Bonnie DeSimone and Tribune Staff Writer
Chicago Tribune

Dec 12, 1998 at 12:00 am

No one can say for sure whether Alonzo Spellman would have been a productive member of the Jacksonville Jaguars.

But as much as the flow of any person's life can be changed by a single bend in the stream, the day in February 1996 when the Chicago Bears matched Jacksonville's offer sheet qualifies.

At the time he became a free agent, Spellman's relationship with the Bears was flawed, but not beyond salvaging. Like a thousand other players before him, Spellman sometimes disagreed with the way he was used on the field. He wanted to test the market.

The Jaguars' four-year, $12 million contract included a clause that committed the club to match up to $100,000 annually raised by Spellman for his children's foundation, then 1 1/2 years old.

The Bears said they weren't legally obligated to include the clause, and they won their claim in arbitration.

Some players would have dealt with it and moved on.

For whatever reason, Spellman didn't.

Jacksonville blames the Bears for the fiasco.

"They matched and then threw the $100,000 in his face," said Michael Huyghue, the Jaguars' senior vice president for football operations. "In a deal worth $3 million a year, what does it matter? All it did was alienate the player. It was handled very poorly.

"I think the foundation truly was important to him. But they didn't embrace that."

The Bears blame Jacksonville.

"The contract was written improperly," said Ted Phillips, the Bears' vice president of operations. "It's my job to see that we don't spend $400,000 needlessly."

Phillips said the Bears offered to include the same clause in a reduced, $11.6 million contract, lowering the guaranteed amount to $11.2 million, but Spellman rebuffed them. "We tried to have him understand why we did it," Phillips said. "It has nothing to do with not caring about the foundation. We cared."

None of this, of course, can rewind the film or serve as explanation or excuse for Spellman's subsequent meltdown, which has cost him a full season in what should have been the prime of his career.

Instead of making a fresh start in Florida, Spellman over the next two years sired an out-of-wedlock child whose birth triggered a costly lawsuit, entered into a marriage that lasted 16 months, feuded openly with coach Dave Wannstedt, was arrested on a weapons charge (later dismissed on a technicality), was suspended, endured another contentious arbitration with the Bears, withdrew from his teammates, stormed out of an off-season meeting with Wannstedt and called Phillips to announce his retirement.

A few days later he was involved in a bizarre standoff with police at the Tower Lakes home of his publicist, Nancy Mitchell. Spellman, who was variously described as angry, exhausted, irrational and suicidal, finally emerged, accompanied by retired Bears great Mike Singletary. The next day, Spellman walked out of Good Shepherd Hospital in Barrington, shoeless and shirtless in freezing weather.

Those images could haunt him for the rest of his career--if he has one.

His downward spiral was followed by a slow leak of bad news over a period of months the 27-year-old Spellman refers to as "time off" and most other people would view as a lost summer.

"There's been so much stuff said about me that was completely wrong," Spellman said. "People would take stories . . . they'd shoot off a firecracker, and by the time it got back to me it was a stick of dynamite."

But the documented incidents are bad enough.

For a while it looked as if Spellman might wind up living on the street. Divorced in May, cut by the Bears in June, he ricocheted between Chicago, Detroit and his hometown in New Jersey, often staying in cheap motels whose names he says he cannot recall.

He dyed his hair and his goatee a garish blond and dropped from sight, missing numerous court appearances. Even his lawyers couldn't reach him. His driver's license was suspended, his state firearms owner's identification card revoked, foreclosure proceedings initiated on his Buffalo Grove home. A felony weapons charge in Michigan, the most serious of several brushes with the law last summer, has yet to be resolved.

Court records show Spellman has little left of the millions he earned with the Bears. His assets are frozen pending the outcome of his Chicago child-support case.

His foundation, the one pure joy of his life, has carried on largely without him for the last year.

Some people wonder if it all could have gone differently.

"I always believed Alonzo had more ability than he was able to manifest in that situation," said Rod Graves, the Bears' former player personnel director, now assistant to the president of the Arizona Cardinals. "There were a lot of factors that contributed to his lack of growth. He came to us at a young age (20). He was very impressionable. He needed someone for guidance--a mentor or a father figure. If he had had someone he trusted, he could have overcome most of his problems."

But a guy listed at 6 feet 4 inches and 292 pounds is not supposed to need hand-holding. Not with a 10 1/2-inch hand-span. Not with a seven-figure salary and a privileged life.

Spellman admits to poor choices and bad judgment, but he does not accept the diagnosis of bipolar disorder (manic depression) he received in March. He says he will not take medication for the condition even if a prospective NFL employer asks him to do so.

The stigma of mental illness may be fading somewhat in modern U.S. society, but pro athletes could be among the last true stoics on the subject.

"Part of the problem is that athletes are so focused that anything that appears to rob them of that focus gets pushed to the side," said Harry Edwards, the sports activist and academician who serves as a consultant to the San Francisco 49ers.

Whatever steps the clubs and the union take to try to address emotional problems as efficiently as they treat physical injuries, players are still commodities, and a weakness of any kind is a liability.

"When you boil off all the bull, we are not about saving souls or purifying people," Edwards said. "We are a football organization, not a social service organization."

- - -

Spellman's physique makes an indelible first impression. It causes grown men to forget political correctness and emit long, low whistles and use the faintly degrading term "physical specimen."

The body was a blessing and a curse. It created certain expectations. At times, Spellman was labeled an underachiever on the football field. It is not certain he ever could have been perceived as an overachiever.

Spellman's first loyalty is to his family. Over the years he has frequently paid tribute to his mother, who raised six children on what she earned packing fish at a hatchery. The family spent years in a tough neighborhood in Mt. Holly, N.J., across the Delaware River from Philadelphia. When Spellman turned pro, he bought his mother a home in a nearby suburb.

One of the great disappointments of Spellman's life, friends say, is that his money could not buy stability for all his siblings. Spellman's older brother has been in and out of jail on drug charges. Members of his immediate family declined to comment for this story, as did the mothers of his three children.

While Spellman's early mentors say he needed considerable guidance, nothing foreshadowed his adult downfall.

At Rancocas Valley High School, Spellman's potential attracted assistant football coach Raj Mackara, who worked with Spellman every day after school to ensure he met the NCAA's academic entrance requirements. "He had a hard time staying on track," Mackara said. "It didn't just happen. We made him do it."

Larry Romanoff, an Ohio State University administrator and former academic adviser to the athletic department, recalls with fond clarity how Spellman seemed susceptible to whomever had last spoken to him.

"I remember running into him one morning in the cafeteria, and he was carrying four of those little boxes of Captain Crunch cereal," Romanoff said. "I said, `Alonzo, there are better things for breakfast than something with that much sugar. Try Total.' And the next time I saw him, he was carrying four boxes of Total."

That was Spellman--junk food one day, body-as-temple the next. He shocked Romanoff when he made a 3.0 grade-point average as a freshman. But the next year, Spellman sent a surrogate to take an exam for him and was placed on academic probation. By his junior year, it was clear Spellman would not finish out his eligibility.

The night of the NFL draft in April 1992, Spellman had a party at his apartment in Columbus. He had been projected to go as high as 12th in the first round. But his mood deteriorated as that pick came and went. Finally he went into his bedroom, shut the door and refused to come out until then-Bears coach Mike Ditka called to tell him he was the 22nd pick.

Spellman was the youngest player in the league in each of his first two seasons, but he seemed to adjust well to pro life. Former Bear Chris Zorich, Spellman's road roommate, described Spellman as "the most confident person I had ever seen."

Spellman played several defensive line positions for the Bears. He frequently voiced his desire to start at right end, considered more prestigious than left end because of higher visibility in pass-rush situations, and made no secret of the fact that he felt whipsawed by the coaching staff.

Wannstedt would not comment for this story. "We've severed our ties with Alonzo," Bears spokesman Bryan Harlan said. "It's a closed chapter. We wish him well."

Spellman logged a lot of time at right end in 1996, arguably his most productive season as a pro.

In January 1997, Spellman surprised everyone around him by marrying a former exotic dancer, Lizzie Figueroa. The 2-minute ceremony was conducted by Cook County Circuit Court Judge Wayne Rhine during deliberations in a jury trial. Rhine asked Spellman to autograph a copy of the marriage license. "It's not every day you get to perform a wedding for a celebrity," Rhine said.

That celebrity would soon turn to notoriety.

Spellman beat his weapons charge that spring. When training camp opened for the 1997 season, according to Bears staff and former teammates, Spellman was uncharacteristically withdrawn and unfocused. That fall he was suspended without pay after he and the team disagreed on the treatment of a shoulder injury. He later was awarded back pay in arbitration.

A source close to the situation at the time said the Bears, speculating that Spellman's marriage was affecting his attitude, used team security personnel to investigate his private life.

Spellman said he was unaware of any such investigation. He described his relationship with his ex-wife as positive, and said they are still friends.

"We just got married at the wrong time," Spellman said. "There was so much pressure on me, and it weighs on your marriage."

Spellman's ex-wife did not respond to a request for an interview.

Marc Janser, the lawyer who represented Spellman in the divorce, said the case was resolved quickly and amicably. At an April court hearing, Spellman asked to meet alone with his soon-to-be-ex. The pair emerged from a conference room with arms linked, having negotiated their own settlement: a $400,000 lump-sum payment.

The same gentility does not extend to the pending Cook County child-support case, in which Spellman has spent tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

Spellman's third out-of-wedlock child was born to Nina Phan in August 1997. A month later, Spellman spent $300,000 to purchase two annuities, similar to the ones that support his other children, that pay out $2,000 a month until the child turns 18 and $25,000 annually for four subsequent years.

Phan's complaint asks for lifetime support of an indeterminate amount, claiming breach of contract; in effect, that she kept the child based on certain promises from Spellman. In court documents, she estimates her monthly expenses to be $15,000 for herself and the child.

"While I appreciate what he did (buying the annuity), no one asked him to do that," said Phan's lawyer, Paul Feinstein. "He thinks it's enough. We don't. That's what courts are for."

Much of the argument in the case thus far has concerned Cook Circuit Judge Gay-Lloyd Lott's freezing of Spellman's assets, which by this fall had shrunk to about $700,000 in a bond account at Doerge Capital Management in Chicago, court records show. Spellman's lawyers have repeatedly returned to court to ask that money be freed up for necessities, such as mortgage payments.

The case took a strange turn this fall when a Doerge employee, responding to a letter from Spellman's attorney, wired $100,000 from the account in violation of Lott's order. Spellman sent some money to his family and $10,000 to a female friend in Detroit. A letter from Doerge in the court file blames the mistake on a clerical mixup. The person who performed the wire transfer left the firm the next day.

In a deposition this fall, Spellman said he had spent between $75,000 and $100,000 to start a rap record company. He described several of the artists as family members whose stage names are "Seven, True and Al." "They don't have names right now," he said.

In August, Spellman made one abortive attempt to re-enter the pro football world. He paid his own way to Jacksonville, where the Jaguars gave him a routine physical and had two psychologists evaluate him.

"He wasn't ready to return to football at that time," Huyghue said. "He could have bench-pressed a lot of weight and run pretty fast, but intellectually and emotionally, he wasn't where he needed to be."

Team officials also were nonplussed when a local reporter told them Spellman was wanted on a felony warrant for missing a Michigan court hearing.

Through all the turmoil of the last two years, the person who probably has stayed closest to Spellman is Mitchell, his publicist, who readily concedes she is far more than a hired hand. In fact, she said, Spellman has not paid her in some months.

Mitchell is Spellman's friend, adviser and sometime gatekeeper. Several people sought her advice before deciding whether to talk about Spellman. Others praise her for keeping his foundation running.

Last summer Mitchell was among very few people whose calls Spellman returned. She has bailed him out of jail. She handles the day-to-day finances of the foundation. Her husband sold Spellman the annuities for two of his children. In the case pending in Chicago, Mitchell testified she is holding the checks from the annuity in escrow until the case is resolved.

She becomes by turns passionately angry and upset when she talks about Spellman's circumstances. She said she has urged him to take medication. She frequently mentions him in the same breath as her son, who took his own life three years ago.

"Let anyone criticize me. Go ahead," Mitchell said. "I don't think I could have given him any better advice. I was afraid he was going to die. I'm not going to stand over that body and say, `Oh, what a shame.' "

- - -

Spellman worked for years to correct his too-high stance and his tendency to be pulled offside. He still wants to believe that if he stays low enough and doesn't jump the gun, his body will once again take him where he wants to go.

"He always wanted to do the right thing," said Raj Mackara, his voice choked with emotion. "He didn't always know how, but he always wanted to do the right thing."

There are plenty of people who believe Spellman will get another chance, including Brian McCaskey, the Bears' liaison to players on off-field issues.

"He lost his way, and he didn't know how to get back," McCaskey said. "I think he'll find his way back. I'm not qualified to say he should or shouldn't take medicine, but if he stays on the straight and narrow, he will get a tryout and he might do very well."

Zorich was more succinct.

"Are you kidding?" he said. "If he can run and he can hit, he'll have a job."

And if he can keep body and soul together.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:14 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Beardown wrote:

Seems odd because what differentiates this from the million other podcast goofs who are just read the approved SJW tweets of the day?

Why target the tiny demographic of SJW crackpots that are interested in sports? It would seem the ceiling for this approach would be a Bernstein centered show and we've seen how that has played out.

There is a much larger demo of dudes that are a bit older, but will be consuming content for the next 10-15 years, so it would seem worth chasing, but nobody doing sports talk radio seems to know who to produced content for that group.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 12:02 pm 

If a listener hears mandated sjw views on the Score they'll modify their listening by being more choosy, or going strictly guests on podcast. If a listener hears sjw views on this new venture the listener won't return

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchi's
Did Zawaski really quit a safe stable job to go do off ball podcasts for WBBM and now this place.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 1:58 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nicklin3011 wrote:
Did Zawaski really quit a safe stable job to go do off ball podcasts for WBBM and now this place.

No, he did not quit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 4:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Panino's
They got the two guys from the LockedOnBulls podcast, and formerly on Bulls Outsiders on CSN. Those guys are pretty decent. Apparently they have the equivalent in Denver, name "DNVR". I'd imagine that's doing well if they extended to Chicago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I feel bad for many of these now old score producers that never made it into a position that paid.

The list, 99.9999% of Chi sports fans are going to only know Olin. They gotta be in mid 40s hopefully employed making 40-50K.

IMO, once 30s and no movement in that industry, get out. These are podcasts right? I assume this is a hobby to promote name and keep going at it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 12:48 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
is it any good so far?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:13 am 

Observer wrote:
is it any good so far?

it's fine for what it is. despite people in the thread gesturing i didn't hear any SJW stuff w hen ii listened to a few hours of it in the background on friday and it's generally 2-3 younger "nerd" / podcaster type people with one hat-wearing "fan" / "vet" like a herb lawrence or a luke stuckmeyer.. if boers and bernstein taught us anything it's that if you have the right old curmudgeon to vibe along with the younger/next generation you can have absolute GOLD, JERRY, GOLD!!!!! but they are sorely lacking in the old curmudgeon dept cuz having done a CSFMB bulls game with herb back in the day that dude isn't a curmudgeon, nor would i put luke stuckmeyer in the curmudgeon category.

olin was the veritable curmudgeon in that first bears podcast where he was talking about the aaron rodgers i'm your fucking daddy and i think he dropped the first proper f-bomb in the history of nu-webbio by saying that nagy should have rallied the troops like "FUCK THAT" and whatnot, but hey we all know how olin does at gun ranges so i wouldn't fuck with the guy. as has been said on here he's the one reason you'd listen to any show on this thing.

if this thing doesn't crash and burn it'll be interesting to see if they can get more old players to join in. seriously i'd subscribe to this thing thing if they had the alonzo spellman show. seriously just imagine the wanny stories he could tell. but i digress i guess i'm just a fan of guys who walk out shirtless and shoeless from mental institutions cuz i've personally only busted outside of one once, and i was in shirts and shoes... and i was brought back inside and injected with something within a minute or two of getting back inside. alonzo spellman is truly a hero to a lowlife like me.

but just imagine how fun their white sox shit could be if they could get someone like bobby jenks to skype in and you know hes still pissed at ozzie so there's potential to go off on him and that'd be fun. or if the cubs show dug up neifi pere or jose macias. are you gonna tell me those guys wouldnt take the extra paycheck to provide their loving perspective of their old beloved franchise? what did lenny harris think of the tail end of the dusty baker era? etc

so yeah unless you're into modern millennial statgeek content it might be a bit offputting, but if they figure out the trick from boers and bernstein and marry the newschool statgeek shit with the oldschool shit talking mentality..... they could have something

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Would seem that much of one's success in sports talk media, or any media for that matter is bringing something that differentiates you from the pack and makes you unique. When you look at the genesis of the score you had guys from different walks of life that all have differing takes on life, you would get some unique thoughts and some real disagreement on issues which resulted in original media centered content you could not find anywhere else.

Fast forward to today and all the people doing or trying to do sports talk radio sound almost exactly the same, read the same tweets, seem almost afraid of interacting with anyone other than the handful of like-minded goofs they surround themselves with, all from the same media schools, few have any concept of how the vast majority of the general public uses sports as the sandbox of life. Who wants to listen to people re-read other peoples tweets, or hear the same two or three voices reinforce each others world views because they are so small mentally that they require others to validate their thoughts in a Stuart Smalley type support group.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Pay to listen to sports talk about only Chicago sports? No thanks. I'll stick to the Score and all the other free podcasts out there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:52 pm 

In a perfect world listeners would be paid
"not" to listen to Parkins & Spiegel.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:15 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:

Those guys live rent free in your head. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:22 pm 

DAC wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:

Those guys live rent free in your head. :lol:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq2KjcwG5-U

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:45 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
Zawaski and Neveau merged the Madhouse podcast into whatever the hell this is. Then, reading between the lines from what Zawaski said on the first CHGO Hawks podcast episode, Neveau's bosses at channel 5 said no to him being part of this so he won't be around.

The other two guys on the Hawks podcast are boring, although I guess at least they'll be putting out more content than Madhouse did.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:58 pm 

Exile on Route 41 wrote:
Zawaski and Neveau merged the Madhouse podcast into whatever the hell this is. Then, reading between the lines from what Zawaski said on the first CHGO Hawks podcast episode, Neveau's bosses at channel 5 said no to him being part of this so he won't be around.

The other two guys on the Hawks podcast are boring, although I guess at least they'll be putting out more content than Madhouse did.

If the other two guys are boring, that is not saying much. I listened to the Madhouse podcast quite often in the past and it is solid Blackhawk talk. Zawaski and Neveau are nice guys but not a particularly riveting listen.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 10:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm figuring who ever owns this thing isn't giving out contracts. No way he's taking on that risk. Not even a year contract for these "NO NAMES". It's probably a month by month thing. See if they attract some sort of audience and can sell some adds. They'll be paid based on their listenership. Some shit like that.

It's just not gonna work. I don't know anybody but Jay, Herb and of course Olin. Jay has his bullshit job at WBBM as an "Executive". :roll: . That's fulltime. Olin is rich so this means nothing to him. He just wants to do something to get away from the wife and kids. Shocked that Herb quit his producer job for this. But Herb isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Can somebody actually explain to me what Jay does for WBBM 780. I never quite understood it when Bernstein interviewed him about it. I'm thinking he's friends with management (780 and 670 are the same company) that made up a bullshit job to help him out. Give him a raise and a title. That's fine. I don't begrudge him. I'd take it too for the raise and title. Happens all the time in corporate America. I just don't know what the fuck he does. Do you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:26 am 
Site Admin

Beardown wrote:
I just don't know what the fuck he does. Do you?

D.E.I. Officer.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 10:01 am 

They couldn't of had worse timing to start it up. Bears over, MLB lockout, Hawks suck, Bulls waiting on 3 main injured players return (currently struggling with top teams). Peaked in middle of Hawks postgame and only 25 people were viewing live.

Might be interesting to hear the ex Score guys how honest they are now not with team partner restraints, and pc corporate mandates.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:33 pm 

welp i decided to put on their football show and i was like "shit isn't that adam hoge?" and sure enough if you look at his twitter in the last couple'a hours he got his CHGO brand title card and posted an announcement that he's leaving NBC sports chicago. evidently NBC/derivatives don't want their talent playing podcast over here. i was kind of wondering who their bears beat reporter was going to be since they didnt really offer one up on day one and those two podcaster kids weren't going to do it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
vitoscotti wrote:
They couldn't of had worse timing to start it up. Bears over, MLB lockout, Hawks suck, Bulls waiting on 3 main injured players return (currently struggling with top teams). Peaked in middle of Hawks postgame and only 25 people were viewing live.

Might be interesting to hear the ex Score guys how honest they are now not with team partner restraints, and pc corporate mandates.

i wouldnt expect too much. theyre not going to risk burning bridges and access as a new start up with fresh hot takes on stuff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next