It is currently Thu May 23, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:18 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Derplington wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I'm not gonna go. I shouldn't have announced that I might go. I fucked up in doing that.

When board members/SCORE people see somebody that is alone, they might figure it's me and take a picture.

Most people go to bars with people. I'd be the only one alone. I'd be an easy mark.

Not just worried about a picture of me, but I'm also worried about an assassination attempt on me. I can't take that risk. So don't bring the gun, drinky and Goff. I won't be there.

This isn't about me. I'm thinking about my hookers. If I were to be killed, it would be a HUGE financial loss for them. That's why I won't go.

Are you The Score enemy number 1 or something? You're really nervous about getting doxxed there?

Goff once wanted to fight him. He may still.

Come to think of it, drinky once messaged me to ask if I would meet him at a bar. Maybe he and Goff were going to pull some dastardly deed on me as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Goff once messaged me offering his phone number so we could talk. I declined. Told him not to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:02 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Beardown wrote:
Goff once messaged me offering his phone number so we could talk. I declined. Told him not to do that.

Why?

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:02 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Beardown wrote:
Goff once messaged me offering his phone number so we could talk.
No he didn't

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:14 am 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Goff once messaged me offering his phone number so we could talk.
No he didn't

Yeah. He did. Why the hell would I lie about that? What do I have to gain by telling this to a bunch of people I will never meet? I don't give a damn if you don't believe me. Doesn't matter. In the end, none of this shit matters.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:26 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:

Did you tell him you have a very particular set of skills?

Skills you have acquired over a very long message board career.

Skills that make you a nightmare for people like him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:58 am 

I only heard a little bit this morning. It did not seem much different than any other broadcast.

It did allow me to recall how much I hated Tom Shaer, even all the way back to my youth when he was doing sports sunday before the Score existed.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:17 am 
1000 CLUB

This broadcast is awful. Drinky is on now mystifyingly talking about logistical difficulties and wants to appear to be out of touch with the station (to Laurence: "You're doing a show with Dan now? Wow!"). Laurence is talking over everyone and making inside jokes that no one is laughing at. This was preceded by George Ofman pointlessly rambling in the prior hour.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:24 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Tall Midget wrote:
This broadcast is awful. Drinky is on now mystifyingly talking about logistical difficulties and wants to appear to be out of touch with the station (to Laurence: "You're doing a show with Dan now? Wow!"). Laurence is talking over everyone and making inside jokes that no one is laughing at. This was preceded by George Ofman pointlessly rambling in the prior hour.

George Ofman, the trend setter? Who isn't nostalgic over "the doooow" and "that's all she wrote". My goodness, it brought a tear to my eye.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
What did drinky end up doing with himself?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

George Ofman, the trend setter? Who isn't nostalgic over "the doooow" and "that's all she wrote". My goodness, it brought a tear to my eye.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Tall Midget wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

:lol:

As long as they don't ask him about the towering line drive for the umpteenth time.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Laurence asks Bernstein if he thought his pairing with Boers would work.

Bernstein says yes because he realized Mac wasn't bright enough to get most of Terry's jokes. That gave him confidence that he and Terry could do a "legitimately funny" show in contrast to the "low or middlebrow" humor of the Monsters.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:56 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Bernstein says yes because he realized Mac wasn't bright enough to get most of Terry's jokes. That gave him confidence that he and Terry could do a "legitimately funny" show in contrast to the "low or middlebrow" humor of the Monsters.

Dan would hate for a review of that high brow humor by today's scrupulous consumers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Tall Midget wrote:

The gay drops and giggling at "Anheuser-Busch" was high-brow, intellectual humor?

I assume Mac was too "toxic" :roll: to be invited to this shindig?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
this guy asking if Ken Hubbs should be in the hall of fame has brought the old B&B back for a moment. Great stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:07 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Did Bernstein forget that Mac and Terry had a successful show prior to B&B?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

Laurence just claimed that Joe O has become successful because he knew sports gambling would be popular before anyone else realized it would be popular. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:13 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

that's not really what Dan meant. He meant he and Terry shared a similar sense of humor.

And Mac carried that show regarding football. Terry was not and is not a football guy.

And this Joe O stuff has dipped the show back to "eehh" territory. How did Joe O start the gambling show idea? Even North was doing Bookie Priest by the end.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:14 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Laurence just claimed that Joe O has become successful because he knew sports gambling would be popular before anyone else realized it would be popular. :lol:

Bookie Priest had him beat.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:15 pm 
1000 CLUB

City of Fools wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

that's not really what Dan meant. He meant he and Terry shared a similar sense of humor.

And Mac carried that show regarding football. Terry was not and is not a football guy.

And this Joe O stuff has dipped the show back to "eehh" territory. How did Joe O start the gambling show idea? Even North was doing Bookie Priest by the end.

Well, he certainly believes he and Terry share the same comic sensibility, but he also intended to slight Mac and the Monsters.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
have there been any Anne Maxfield stories ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Bagels wrote:
have there been any Anne Maxfield stories ?

They're saving her for the afternoon drive. She'll directly follow the interviews with Brian Paruch and Ramie Makhlouf.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

This is just awful. I can't even hate listen any more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:23 pm 

Funny how traffic reports used to be part of the shows for a long time. Can't say I really miss them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Funny how traffic reports used to be part of the shows for a long time. Can't say I really miss them.

Mac was easily the first vocal opponent to having traffic reports. He was right.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:27 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Well, he certainly believes he and Terry share the same comic sensibility, but he also intended to slight Mac and the Monsters.

I like living in a world where Bernsie thinks Mac is below him in intelligence and Mac thinks Bernsie's a dweeb. It's a good world.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:32 pm 

Man years ago I would’ve probably taken a half day off work to go to this. I can’t even bring myself to listen after all these comments.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
W_Z wrote:
Man years ago I would’ve probably taken a half day off work to go to this. I can’t even bring myself to listen after all these comments.
What if you threw a party and nobody came?

Generally who had more success, Mac or Bernstein?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Spaulding wrote:
W_Z wrote:
What if you threw a party and nobody came?

Generally who had more success, Mac or Bernstein?

Bernstein didn't sabotage himself the way that Mac did in multiple stops.

But, who had the better/more engaged version of Terry? I'd say Mac did. Terry was checked out for most of the Bernstein years...just cashing a check.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next