It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Score Future
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:03 am 

What are your guys thoughts on the Scores future? Mac won't be around long. Maybe 3 years, if he stays focused. Parkins is overrated. For being a Cubs fan, his baseball knowledge is lacking. His football thoughts are ok, at best. Connor is awful, not sure why he is still there. Bernstein will be gone soon as well. Haugh is brutal. Hanley has to be pissed. Holmes and big red are annoying. It's funny how Holmes tries to push Julie and Maggie onto the listeners. The young guys are not developing. Shep, Jay, Camp, Connor, and Herb are all trash. Looks like the Score will have to go find out of market talent.

Post subject: Re: Score Future
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:23 am 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
It can switch to a national feed and then AM radio will be shut down twenty years later.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:30 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
schmitty1121 wrote:
What are your guys thoughts on the Scores future? Mac won't be around long. Maybe 3 years, if he stays focused. Parkins is overrated. For being a Cubs fan, his baseball knowledge is lacking. His football thoughts are ok, at best. Connor is awful, not sure why he is still there. Bernstein will be gone soon as well. Haugh is brutal. Hanley has to be pissed. Holmes and big red are annoying. It's funny how Holmes tries to push Julie and Maggie onto the listeners. The young guys are not developing. Shep, Jay, Camp, Connor, and Herb are all trash. Looks like the Score will have to go find out of market talent.

I don't think Mac has too much more time before he has one of his disappearing acts. It will start with a fishing trip, which will morph into 1 day off every other week. Which will turn into a couple days a week. And then gone. It seems to be a pattern with him, I hope he understands it, and at his age, fixes it. Parkins is a typical Cubs fan, like you said. Literally, knows knowing out side of that world. He is not as bad as Kaplan, that needs to brings the Cubs up whenever a baseball topic is being talked about. As for football, he knows the Chiefs and Bears, that seems to be it. This is where his SJW activism starts. It is terrible, I really do not want to hear 1 second of it. But the entire station seems to be turning into this. Connor seems to get his dick hard being a yes man for DannyBoy. The only sports info he knows, is gushing over analytics of Cubs players. I think paired with the right cohost, Dannyboy can be decent. That would have to be, someone he respects. I think he does respect Connor, Connor just sucks at radio. As much as Hanley talking Cubs Cubs Cubs, at least he has other thoughts, such as the Hawks. Not sure outside of $$$ why Haugh is there. I would lump him in the same boat as Connor. Mully is just Mully. A blue collar kinda guy with a little bit of an ego. I really an not stand Larry and his love of white women. It seems like an obsession. Especially over the 2 tons of fun on the weekend gig. Shep is as interesting as a door. Jay, has some Hawks thoughts....they are just not good ones. I am convinced Camp has Asperger. If you pay attention to Herb on twitter, I would not be shocked if someone told me, he spent a lot of time in special needs classes while in school.

Since the doxxing of those phone numbers by Dicaro on twitter, I have not listened to 1min of 670. I don't plan to, until she is no longer employed there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:32 am 
1000 CLUB

Bernstein will be there for another 20 years. He'll retire at 70. He just survives. He knows how to make the bosses like him. It's a skill.

Mac is fine. He'll do 3 or 4 years with no problem.

McDoink is fine if DeCastro remains the boss. But Decastro is nearing retirement. The new boss will realize Doink sucks and he'll be gone.

Parkins is fine too. But too many addictions for him. Booze, gambling and pot. He'll be in rehab and telling his story to listeners in another 15 years. He's a young Mac. Only difference is he grew up with rich parents. Where as Mac grew up poor as poor white trash.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Parkins is fine. Mac is probably there another 2-3 years before he hangs it up. The question is who is Parkins new partner then

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
We'll adjust our listening habits if that is required.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:19 am 

Mcneil isn't going anywhere. He has a dependant for life so he needs the money and honestly, why would anyone retire from sports talk. Six figure salary for four hours of work with preparation comprised of watching TV.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
The future of The Score will depend on who is programming the station and if they can keep live sports programming (especially the Cubs).

So far, ratings have held up. The only way that changes will be made is if a substantial number of people stop listening. This board is not necessarily a good measurement of who is listening overall.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 am 

I hope they can remain local.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Radio will die with old people

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:12 am 

Jbi11s wrote:

It's already dead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Yeah I am sure someone here has the numbers but radio stations are fighting over pieces of the incredibly shrinking pie. Any of you guys seen figures how they measure and rate streaming?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Douchebag wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

It's already dead.

Needs a more fiery death.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
As soon as the data charges for streaming Internet audio directly to your car get down to the $10/month range, it will be dead. Auto makers will move to Android type devices as standard and people will just switch between podcasts, music like Spotify, and live feeds.

People who don't want to pay that can load up 50000 songs on a USB and put it on shuffle.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
As soon as the data charges for streaming Internet audio directly to your car get down to the $10/month range, it will be dead. Auto makers will move to Android type devices as standard and people will just switch between podcasts, music like Spotify, and live feeds.

People who don't want to pay that can load up 50000 songs on a USB and put it on shuffle.

Who needs to wait for that? I can plug my phone in via aux or Bluetooth today and use voice controls to play any podcast or station I want. I'm already paying for my phone data so I might as well use it in the car. I can do spotify, tune-in, etc.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

Who needs to wait for that? I can plug my phone in via aux or Bluetooth today and use voice controls to play any podcast or station I want. I'm already paying for my phone data so I might as well use it in the car. I can do spotify, tune-in, etc.

You are an early adopter. My 65 year olds cousins would be completely lost trying to do that in their car. When 65 year olds routinely find it easy, that's when radio finally dies.