It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
shakes wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
This covers hosts, TV sports anchors, and frequent guests on local shows.

1. Mark Giangreco -- When he's on with W&S he makes a few too-cool-for-the-room comments, most of which aren't funny. If he demonstrated some actual knowledge in addition to that it would be fine, but he usually sounds like a poorly-informed caller as opposed to someone who has made a living covering sports for the last 30+ years. Disappointing because he seems like someone who should be witty and knowledgeable but is only occasionally the former and never the latter.

2. Michael Wilbon -- Listening to him talk about how "Chicago" he is and then hearing him talk about Chicago sports is like playing basketball with someone who has been telling you for weeks how good he was when he played in H.S. and college only to find out he can't even dribble the ball without bouncing it off his foot.

3. David Kaplan -- Did you know he drives a Corvette? A cheeseball blowhard who falls somewhere between Mike North, Jim Rome, and Stephen A. Smith in terms of knowledge and presentation. Might be a bigger jock sniffer than Mac. Gets to wear Hub's earring on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Giangreco knows his shit. He correctly stated on air that his source in Buffalo confirmed that the rape case against Kane was a slam dunk.

for or against?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
City of Fools wrote:
shakes wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
This covers hosts, TV sports anchors, and frequent guests on local shows.

1. Mark Giangreco -- When he's on with W&S he makes a few too-cool-for-the-room comments, most of which aren't funny. If he demonstrated some actual knowledge in addition to that it would be fine, but he usually sounds like a poorly-informed caller as opposed to someone who has made a living covering sports for the last 30+ years. Disappointing because he seems like someone who should be witty and knowledgeable but is only occasionally the former and never the latter.

2. Michael Wilbon -- Listening to him talk about how "Chicago" he is and then hearing him talk about Chicago sports is like playing basketball with someone who has been telling you for weeks how good he was when he played in H.S. and college only to find out he can't even dribble the ball without bouncing it off his foot.

3. David Kaplan -- Did you know he drives a Corvette? A cheeseball blowhard who falls somewhere between Mike North, Jim Rome, and Stephen A. Smith in terms of knowledge and presentation. Might be a bigger jock sniffer than Mac. Gets to wear Hub's earring on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

Giangreco knows his shit. He correctly stated on air that his source in Buffalo confirmed that the rape case against Kane was a slam dunk.

for or against?

Pro-rape every day except Sunday!

Giangreco claimed to know someone important in Buffalo who told him that Kane was 100% guilty.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Here's Giangrecos quote . DiCaroesque levels of bad.

“I’M JUST GONNA SAY THIS, AND BE VERY CAREFUL THE WAY I SAY THIS. NO, SERIOUSLY. I SPOKE TO A LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSON WHO SAID, RAPE ALLEGATIONS/SEXUAL ASSAULT ALLEGATIONS ARE NEVER A SLAM DUNK, BUT FROM WHAT HE’S HEARD, THIS IS AS CLOSE AS IT GETS.”

:lol: :lol: Wanna get away?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:35 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Randy Salerno

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
"Hawk" Harrelson

Not even sure what competition he could have.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Don Tiny wrote:
"Hawk" Harrelson

Not even sure what competition he could have.

We agree on something for once. Could be the start of something beautiful. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:18 pm 

I never have or will understand the Kaplan hate. So he drives a Vette. He has the cash to do so. Knows his sports and is from Chicago so he is supposed to be nationally objective working Chicago sports? Sounds like sour grapes of envy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Scooter wrote:
I never have or will understand the Kaplan hate. So he drives a Vette. He has the cash to do so. Knows his sports and is from Chicago so he is supposed to be nationally objective working Chicago sports? Sounds like sour grapes of envy.

I haven't really given him a chance much but what you describe sounds better than everything sucks unless I like it Bernsie.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:29 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Scooter wrote:

I haven't really given him a chance much but what you describe sounds better than everything sucks unless I like it Bernsie.

When he was doing Sports Central for WGN I won tickets to an event at Harry Caray's. Storm hit and a tree fell on my roof in the early hours of that morning. I e-mailed him so hopefully someone else could use my free tickets. He took care of that and someone else used them. Sent me a care package of two Lobster Grams (they were a sponsor) and two Malnatis pizzas. So I may be biased a bit. Nice guy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Goff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:35 pm 

Scooter wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Scooter wrote:

When he was doing Sports Central for WGN I won tickets to an event at Harry Caray's. Storm hit and a tree fell on my roof in the early hours of that morning. I e-mailed him so hopefully someone else could use my free tickets. He took care of that and someone else used them. Sent me a care package of two Lobster Grams (they were a sponsor) and two Malnatis pizzas. So I may be biased a bit. Nice guy.

You should be blowing whoever his intern is, not Kap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:40 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Scooter wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Scooter wrote:

This was 8 or so years ago . The more you know.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:44 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Scooter wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Scooter wrote:

You should blow your brains out instead. Remains will be small.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:49 pm 

Apparently you've already blown your brains out if you think Kap personally put together some care package for you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 9:07 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
Apparently you've already blown your brains out if you think Kap personally put together some care package for you.

Well it was his personal e mail that he gave to me after hearing my situation. I really do not care what you think about this or anything else for what it is worth.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:02 am 

Nice guy; gives lobster.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
good dolphin wrote:
Nice guy; gives lobster.

:lol:

Yeah, no, Kaplan really is just dumb and awful

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:55 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Scooter wrote:

I think it's just ducky that he drives a Corvette. It's a nice car. However, I think it's pretty cheesy, and tacky, that he frequently says "my Corvette" when a normal person would say "my car." Kind of like how Bernstein used to say "When I was at Duke..." or "At Duke..." when someone who wasn't trying quite so hard to impress people would simply say "When I was in college..." or "In college..."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:03 pm 

Is Ditka still a "Media Personality"? He hasn't even known football for a quarter century or so now.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:07 pm 

Corvette conjures up images of wild and crazy guys with shirts unbuttoned to their navels.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I was never a fan of the Corvette or the Camaro but I like the cheesy Kap.
He tries to keep things interesting on his shows with his "fire and passion" personality.
Better this than the non-descript sports radio host who plays connect the dots with their standard bullshit.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
Scooter wrote:

I think it's just ducky that he drives a Corvette. It's a nice car. However, I think it's pretty cheesy, and tacky, that he frequently says "my Corvette" when a normal person would say "my car." Kind of like how Bernstein used to say "When I was at Duke..." or "At Duke..." when someone who wasn't trying quite so hard to impress people would simply say "When I was in college..." or "In college..."

My mother used to have a friend who would ask her, "should we take your car, or should we take the Lexus?"

It was an older, lower end Lexus. She talked about that car like it was a Bentley.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:53 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Well it was his personal e mail that he gave to me after hearing my situation. I really do not care what you think about this or anything else for what it is worth.

Of course you care. Douchebag just ruined your fantasy. Kap absolutely had an intern do it.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:58 pm 

Chus wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Scooter wrote:

My mother used to have a friend who would ask her, "should we take your car, or should we take the Lexus?"

It was an older, lower end Lexus. She talked about that car like it was a Bentley.

My kids sometimes say "should we take your car or mom's car" to which I respond "they are both my cars."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
good dolphin wrote:
Chus wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Scooter wrote:

My kids sometimes say "should we take your car or mom's car" to which I respond "they are both my cars."

:salut:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Chus wrote:

I do not know anything about this or the background. Some people though may feel pretty damn good about having an old Lexus depending on their situation. My guess is this woman needs no sympathy. :lol: It wasn't status oriented at all but I used to tell people my first car was a Vette as a joke. A Chevette. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:07 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Chus wrote:

I do not know anything about this or the background. Some people though may feel pretty damn good about having an old Lexus depending on their situation. My guess is this woman needs no sympathy. :lol: It wasn't status oriented at all but I used to tell people my first car was a Vette as a joke. A Chevette. :lol:

She bought it after the divorce. The ex is a good looking guy, with a successful business. He bought a big house, and had a girlfriend almost immediately. She kept the old house, and got a car.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:12 pm 

Chus wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Of course you care. Douchebag just ruined your fantasy. Kap absolutely had an intern do it.

No do not care at all. Been many years ago.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:10 pm 

Chus wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Scooter wrote:
No do not care at all.

Definitely not.

Scooter wrote:
Been many years ago.

All of your base are belong to us.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:17 pm 

Chus wrote:
Chus wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Scooter wrote:
No do not care at all.

Definitely not.

Scooter wrote:
Been many years ago.

All of your base are belong to us.

Weird. But consider the source and that makes it OK. You are a different duck, homeboy.