It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
They went to a bar where their family and friends were waiting and he proposed. It was in public, there was a party.

That feels like it takes the personal aspect out of it.

That's like a birthday party.

Total beta move.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
I've been married many happy, consecutive years. My wedding proposal was the nuclear option of subject-changing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Anyone who has time to obsess over being called a Caller Bob by a frog is highly, highly privileged.

:lol: :lol:

This alone was worth opening the thread for.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:24 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Here's the thing about ideologues- and this is what I was arguing with Kirkwood about yesterday- their positions are never informed by morality, but rather only by what "side" they are on. A great example is how "feminists" can look the other way when it comes to the multiple confirmed sexual assaults of Bill Clinton (as well as Hillary Clinton's victim blaming associated thereto), yet Trump talking some smack about "pussy grabbing" in a private conversation not a whole lot different than what many guys have in this forum on a daily basis somehow makes him a cross between Bill Cosby and Daniel Holtzclaw.

https://heatst.com/culture-wars/fat-act ... f-sommers/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:33 am 

Psycory wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
all very immature - the way she views the world and the way she deals with life.

This is the problem in a nutshell. For them everything is black or white - no understanding of shades of gray. It is a very juvenile way of thinking.

Unless it's "Fifty Shades of Grey".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
In the link below she was 263 pounds. Based on that she is close to 300 pounds now, and unless DiCaro is really short she also 300 plus.

It's from when, Lindy went after Dan Savage for not being accepting enough:

Quote:
Diets don't work.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/archive ... o-i-am-fat

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:58 am 
Site Admin

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
In the link below she was 263 pounds. Based on that she is close to 300 pounds now, and unless DiCaro is really short she also 300 plus.

It's from when, Lindy went after Dan Savage for not being accepting enough:

Quote:
Diets don't work.

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/archive ... o-i-am-fat

"Also, I don't have to justify its awesomeness/attractiveness/healthiness/usefulness to anyone, because it is MINE. Not yours."

:lol: Uh, isn't that the entire point of the article and in fact her oeuvre?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:01 am 

It's pretty popular and in many ways completely correct to mock the victim complex of many white men but here we have a group of white women who are likely better off than most of those white men who put up much more complaining when most of the issues they have are by choice. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect but being overweight is a choice and unlike something like being uneducated or coming from a poor family it can be corrected at any point in your life with only slightly more difficulty as you get older. It's even easier given how much time these people spend on twitter and the lifestyle they seem to have which is certainly enough to support diet and exercise.

It really comes down to many of these women reading about and seeing what the women's rights movement of past generations did and wanting their own battle when the war is virtually over. Can you imagine a woman who couldn't vote and who couldn't own land and who could only choose from a few select professions sitting down with women like this and being like "So, your issue is that you are overweight and you are upset because you probably would have gotten a proposal with only your future husband and not a grand party?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:02 am 

Diet and exercise wouldn't work for a person like her because you can tell in her attitude, she'd rather have a soapbox to bitch and moan about other people rather than take accountability and responsibility for herself.

she'd be one of those people who--if she could lose 200 pounds--would talk so much about *when she was fat*, that it would drive anyone who had to listen to it, insane. she would also be trying to pose for any skin magazine who'd return her calls.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:08 am 
Site Admin

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's pretty popular and in many ways completely correct to mock the victim complex of many white men but here we have a group of white women who are likely better off than most of those white men who put up much more complaining when most of the issues they have are by choice. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect but being overweight is a choice and unlike something like being uneducated or coming from a poor family it can be corrected at any point in your life with only slightly more difficulty as you get older. It's even easier given how much time these people spend on twitter and the lifestyle they seem to have which is certainly enough to support diet and exercise.

It really comes down to many of these women reading about and seeing what the women's rights movement of past generations did and wanting their own battle when the war is virtually over. Can you imagine a woman who couldn't vote and who couldn't own land and who could only choose from a few select professions sitting down with women like this and being like "So, your issue is that you are overweight and you are upset because you probably would have gotten a proposal with only your future husband and not a grand party?"

I pretty much agree with what you're saying, but clearly it's more difficult for some people to stay in shape than for others. I'm not going to judge a fat person as "lazy". As a young man I could gobble down whatever I wanted whenever I wanted without ever doing any kind of formal workout and still stay as skinny as a rail. That changed some time in my early twenties. Now I'm old and I work out like a motherfucker and I'm still "obese" on my doctor's chart. But so what? Life isn't fair. Lindy West was born with a slower metabolism than Jennifer Lawrence? Too bad. It is what it is. Maybe they should both just be thankful they were born with ten fingers and ten toes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:20 am 

W_Z wrote:
Diet and exercise wouldn't work for a person like her because you can tell in her attitude, she'd rather have a soapbox to bitch and moan about other people rather than take accountability and responsibility for herself.

she'd be one of those people who--if she could lose 200 pounds--would talk so much about *when she was fat*, that it would drive anyone who had to listen to it, insane. she would also be trying to pose for any skin magazine who'd return her calls.

Being fat is her brand and livelihood. She could not be a "body positive" blogger without being morbidly obese. It's about one step-up from the fat fetish models that web cam.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:22 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

I pretty much agree with what you're saying, but clearly it's more difficult for some people to stay in shape than for others. I'm not going to judge a fat person as "lazy". As a young man I could gobble down whatever I wanted whenever I wanted without ever doing any kind of formal workout and still stay as skinny as a rail. That changed some time in my early twenties. Now I'm old and I work out like a motherfucker and I'm still "obese" on my doctor's chart. But so what? Life isn't fair. Lindy West was born with a slower metabolism than Jennifer Lawrence? Too bad. It is what it is. Maybe they should both just be thankful they were born with ten fingers and ten toes.
Some things are easier and some things are more difficult. I'm sure Lindy West is a better writer than me. It's not that I am naturally unable to write. It's that I haven't put in the effort to do so and she has. I may have even had more natural ability for it or I may not have.

If Weight Watchers offered her $5 million to get under 170 pounds I'm guessing she would get it done.

Last edited by Brick on Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:24 am 

pizza_Place: Johns in Cal City
I need to find out where Julie DiCanada stands on this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:06 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Her justification for being fat on a plane doesn't make sense.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
W_Z wrote:

Being fat is her brand and livelihood. She could not be a "body positive" blogger without being morbidly obese. It's about one step-up from the fat fetish models that web cam.

If she dieted, exercised, & was able to lose the weight, she would be going against everything that she currently "stands" for. Getting skinny would be the ultimate hypocritical move (not that she's self-aware enough to realize that).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:17 am 

Spaulding wrote:
Her justification for being fat on a plane doesn't make sense.

Link for this one? Lindy West literally has zero worthwhile columns that I have come across. The silver lining of Trump winning is how it sent these creatures scrambling for a few weeks. The problem is that they learned nothing from the experience.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
so you all are theorizing that she stays fat on purpose ?

personally, in so much as attractiveness, i don't have much issue with overweight people. i mean obese, sure. But if a woman were to be 10 pounds over her ideal weight or 10 under, I'd prefer the 10 over. But as an at least somewhat healthy person who attempts to exercise regularly, my bigger issue would just be with the lifestyle in general. The physical appearance is one thing, but i wouldn't want to date someone who was a sloth and just wanted to eat junk food and lay around on the couch tweeting all day

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
I read a few of her articles after never hearing her name before. She sure does love to brand Trump and everyone associated with him as Nazis. This is insane to me and a watering down what the term Nazi's actually represented. First, I completely agree with ever bad thing you saw about trump. Corrupt, racists, xenophobe.... all of it. But I don't believe their to be a desire to cleanse the world of all non white Christians as was the nazi goal.

By throwing it around so liberally, at some point it becomes acceptable to be associated with that term again.

Also enjoyed any white male posting in her comments, they were immediately attacked and ridiculed. #morethanmean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:29 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:33 am 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:

That's all that's necessary to post at CFMB.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:22 am 

denisdman wrote:

Isn't it more than insulting to suggest that the plight of upperclass white woman is somehow related at all to civil rights for black people?
These people really need to self-identify as victims or they cease to exist.

The Missing Link wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:17 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
Logic Referee ‏@ByYourLogic 14m14 minutes ago
well done guys. your behavior on the website has caused famous opinion columnist/personal essaying Samandra Dumpe to leave it. ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
well done guys. your behavior on the website has caused famous opinion columnist/personal essaying Samandra Dumpe to leave it. ugh.

Chalk one up for white males!!!!! We won again!!!!!!

Overall our record is pretty good. But I bring us down. White women are undefeated vs. me. :(

Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:

Reminiscent of how the morons of CFMB ran Phil McCracken, Genius off this site.

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:23 pm 

Isn't it more than insulting to suggest that the plight of upperclass white woman is somehow related at all to civil rights for black people?
These people really need to self-identify as victims or they cease to exist.

I think that was the point made earlier about calling Trump a Nazi- you diminish certain groups who really suffered.

I am struggling with this whole fat shaming concept. Being overweight is a serious epidemic, and it leads to many costly health problems, most notably type 2 diabetes. If we just throw our hands up and say, yeah it's ok to be fat and out of shape, we are committing society to accept heart disease, diabetes, increased knee and back problems, and all the other ailments that are increased by being obese.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:24 pm 

LOL @ cake farts

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:24 pm 
Site Admin

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol:

Nas and I were just talking about giving Seacrest that power here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next