It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:27 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Weird Twitter fake names crack me up. I still love Guardian Columnist Cressica Gunch and Undecided Voter Ron Fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
Weird Twitter fake names crack me up. I still love Guardian Columnist Cressica Gunch and Undecided Voter Ron Fuck.

Is that the bit you were quoting earlier? I thought "Samadre Dumpe" sounded odd...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Logic Referee ‏@ByYourLogic 14m14 minutes ago
well done guys. your behavior on the website has caused famous opinion columnist/personal essaying Samandra Dumpe to leave it. ugh.

:lol:

Nas and I were just talking about giving Seacrest that power here.

I don't have the time or interest in it.

I delete one post calling for the murder of Palestinians and all of a sudden I'm the #1 admin. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:
I am struggling with this whole fat shaming concept. Being overweight is a serious epidemic, and it leads to many costly health problems, most notably type 2 diabetes. If we just throw our hands up and say, yeah it's ok to be fat and out of shape, we are committing society to accept heart disease, diabetes, increased knee and back problems, and all the other ailments that are increased by being obese.

You can still be healthy, fit, and attractive without having hit the genetic lottery of looking like a model. Being "body positive" in that respect is fine.

However, everything you said above is absolutely correct and everything people like Lindy West are promoting is not a "body positive" lifestyle, it's a dangerously unhealthy lifestyle. I wish the medical community were more vocal about this. Maybe they are and I just haven't seen it. I would hope medical professionals are not worried about being called "fat-shamers" or "body-shamers" by ignorant loudmouths on social media.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:09 pm 

denisdman wrote:
I am struggling with this whole fat shaming concept. Being overweight is a serious epidemic, and it leads to many costly health problems, most notably type 2 diabetes. If we just throw our hands up and say, yeah it's ok to be fat and out of shape, we are committing society to accept heart disease, diabetes, increased knee and back problems, and all the other ailments that are increased by being obese.

Well, I think there does need to be some pushback against sectors of the media that push unrealistic body images on women (and men to a lesser extent). That doesn't mean it's okay to be obese, for all the reasons you listed. Lindy West is actively doing harm to body-positivity movements because she's such a perversion of the message: it was supposed to be about getting girls not to starve and purge themselves, not looking like Mimi from Drew Carey. We don't applaud men for being morbidly obese (except Bart Simpson washing himself with a rag on a stick, and even that was only a daydream) because there's no possible way that could be healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:11 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Well, I think there does need to be some pushback against sectors of the media that push unrealistic body images on women (and men to a lesser extent). That doesn't mean it's okay to be obese, for all the reasons you listed. Lindy West is actively doing harm to body-positivity movements because she's such a perversion of the message: it was supposed to be about getting girls not to starve and purge themselves, not looking like Mimi from Drew Carey. We don't applaud men for being morbidly obese (except Bart Simpson washing himself with a rag on a stick, and even that was only a daydream) because there's no possible way that could be healthy.
Stop skinnysplaining.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's pretty popular and in many ways completely correct to mock the victim complex of many white men but here we have a group of white women who are likely better off than most of those white men who put up much more complaining when most of the issues they have are by choice. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect but being overweight is a choice and unlike something like being uneducated or coming from a poor family it can be corrected at any point in your life with only slightly more difficulty as you get older. It's even easier given how much time these people spend on twitter and the lifestyle they seem to have which is certainly enough to support diet and exercise.

It really comes down to many of these women reading about and seeing what the women's rights movement of past generations did and wanting their own battle when the war is virtually over. Can you imagine a woman who couldn't vote and who couldn't own land and who could only choose from a few select professions sitting down with women like this and being like "So, your issue is that you are overweight and you are upset because you probably would have gotten a proposal with only your future husband and not a grand party?"

I pretty much agree with what you're saying, but clearly it's more difficult for some people to stay in shape than for others. I'm not going to judge a fat person as "lazy". As a young man I could gobble down whatever I wanted whenever I wanted without ever doing any kind of formal workout and still stay as skinny as a rail. That changed some time in my early twenties. Now I'm old and I work out like a motherfucker and I'm still "obese" on my doctor's chart. But so what? Life isn't fair. Lindy West was born with a slower metabolism than Jennifer Lawrence? Too bad. It is what it is. Maybe they should both just be thankful they were born with ten fingers and ten toes.

Agreed, as someone who has a terrible metabolism and has battled weight gain since my teen years you can't just say a fat person is fat because they are lazy. Granted, you are usually right, but that needs to be determined on a case by case basis. At one point I weighed 250 despite playing basketball 6 days a week. I was far from lazy, but had bad eating habits combined with an awful metabolism. Fast forward 20 years and I have much better eating habits, still play sports 2-3x per week and I'm still overweight (albeit now at 200 lbs). You can't just place every fat person in the same box and not just cause the fatties won't all fit.

THat said, this bitch looks like she is fat and lazy and the only time she elevates her heartbeat is when arguing on Twitter.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
In case anyone is interested , she already paved the way for her return in that article by saying I'm leaving "for awhile". So we all know that's maybe a week tops.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
"Fat Activist" sounds funny. I think they mean she is advocating for fat people, but it sounds like they are describing her......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Her justification for being fat on a plane doesn't make sense.

Link for this one? Lindy West literally has zero worthwhile columns that I have come across. The silver lining of Trump winning is how it sent these creatures scrambling for a few weeks. The problem is that they learned nothing from the experience.

http://www.returnofkings.com/25103/fat- ... plane-seat

http://jezebel.com/heres-what-it-feels- ... 1488750726

Quote:
I fit in every other chair. (Some people don’t. That’s fine too. Those are good bodies too. Those people deserve respect and accommodations too, without caveats.)

There was an article somewhere that said she thought people next to her should not be grossed out if her fat is touching them.

Edit: here it is
http://www.thestranger.com/slog/archive ... o-i-am-fat

Last edited by Spaulding on Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
skinnysplaining.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:32 pm 

denisdman wrote:
"Fat Activist" sounds funny. I think they mean she is advocating for fat people, but it sounds like they are describing her......

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Her fatness touching you does NOT entitle you to her attention.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:33 pm 

Ok, there is some weird stuff on this blog site she runs. Here is an example:

http://ibelieveyouitsnotyourfault.tumblr.com/

Anonymous asks:
when I was 14 and still discovering sexual pleasure i used to let my dog lick me down there. I knew it was wrong, but at the time i'd never experienced anything remotely sexual so I kept doing it. I'm now extremely ashamed of what I did and feel like i'll never be able to forgive myself for it.

Hi Friend. You’re not sick, perverted or a bad person. You’re not into bestiality. You’re normal. My best friend’s little brother used to get the family dog to lick his penis and liked to come into her room to show her. When you’re exploring your body and pleasure, it’s not unusual to rub up against stuffed animals, household appliances or pets–especially when you don’t have a partner to experiment with. If it makes you feel guilty with your dog, you don’t have to do it anymore. Please be kind and forgive yourself. - Melanie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:34 pm 

Quote:
it’s not unusual to rub up against stuffed animals, household appliances or pets

These are the worst Tom Jones parody lyrics I've ever read.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:
it’s not unusual to rub up against stuffed animals, household appliances or pets

It certainly gives new meaning to What's New Pussycat?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Spaulding wrote:

Quote:
I am not concerned with whether or not fat people can change their bodies through self-discipline and "choices." Pretty much all of them have tried already. A couple of them have succeeded. Whatever

she knows that every fat person has tried to lose weight

it's not a terribly complicated formula....you burn more calories than you consume, and you lose weight....yeah OMG, a "choice" to eat healthy foods and exercise !

you know something else that i was thinking about....exercise is good for your mood, reduces stress, etc.

maybe these people exercised it might help their mood such that they aren't unbearable assholes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Chus wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Quote:

It certainly gives new meaning to What's New Pussycat?

:lol: :lol: to the both of you

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
It's pretty popular and in many ways completely correct to mock the victim complex of many white men but here we have a group of white women who are likely better off than most of those white men who put up much more complaining when most of the issues they have are by choice. Everyone deserves to be treated with dignity and respect but being overweight is a choice and unlike something like being uneducated or coming from a poor family it can be corrected at any point in your life with only slightly more difficulty as you get older. It's even easier given how much time these people spend on twitter and the lifestyle they seem to have which is certainly enough to support diet and exercise.

It really comes down to many of these women reading about and seeing what the women's rights movement of past generations did and wanting their own battle when the war is virtually over. Can you imagine a woman who couldn't vote and who couldn't own land and who could only choose from a few select professions sitting down with women like this and being like "So, your issue is that you are overweight and you are upset because you probably would have gotten a proposal with only your future husband and not a grand party?"

I pretty much agree with what you're saying, but clearly it's more difficult for some people to stay in shape than for others. I'm not going to judge a fat person as "lazy". As a young man I could gobble down whatever I wanted whenever I wanted without ever doing any kind of formal workout and still stay as skinny as a rail. That changed some time in my early twenties. Now I'm old and I work out like a motherfucker and I'm still "obese" on my doctor's chart. But so what? Life isn't fair. Lindy West was born with a slower metabolism than Jennifer Lawrence? Too bad. It is what it is. Maybe they should both just be thankful they were born with ten fingers and ten toes.

Some things are easier and some things are more difficult. I'm sure Lindy West is a better writer than me. It's not that I am naturally unable to write. It's that I haven't put in the effort to do so and she has. I may have even had more natural ability for it or I may not have.

If Weight Watchers offered her $5 million to get under 170 pounds I'm guessing she would get it done.

I agree with this position as well. Certain genetics can make it more difficult for a person to lose weight, but its never impossible if you put in the work. Granted, the work might be quite excessive (strict diet, work out 5 days a week), but hardly impossible.

There is no reason a person should be that fat. It's one thing to carry an extra 20-30 lbs because of metabolism and lack of workouts, it's an entirely different set of facts when that person is over 100lbs overweight. At that level we are talking about serious health concerns. Which of course lead to added healthcare which leads to rising healthcare costs and a drain on the economy. Because of that, I believe society has a duty to tell these fatties that they need to lose weight.

It all comes down to these feminists taking everything too far. I agree with them in that bodyshaming and fat shaming is bad, but what they don't understand is that we (society) are talking about people who are a little overweight, we are in no way saying that its ok to be massively obese. But, the feminazi's take body shaming and fat shaming and try and use that to extend to all fatties no matter who many tons they weigh.

It's no different than their belief that all accusers should be believed no matter what. Every opinion they have is extreme all or nothing.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:33 pm 

Quote:
Him: "I said that if you want someone to move, it helps to say 'excuse me' and then get out of the way. You told me to move and then you just [gestures at my body in the aisle]."

Me [head melting]: "I'm putting my bag in the overhead bin. You know, because that's how planes work?"

Him [dripping with disdain]: "Yeah, okay."

I sat down. They closed the doors. I said, "Looks like there's no one in the middle seat, so you won't actually have to sit next to me. Since I apparently bother you so much."

Him: "Sounds great to me."

As soon as he fell asleep (with his mouth open like a NERD), I passive-aggressively jarred his foot with my backpack and then said, "OH, EXCUSE ME," because I am an adult. We ignored each other for the rest of the flight.

Lindy is supposed to be the hero in this story?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Quote:
Him: "I said that if you want someone to move, it helps to say 'excuse me' and then get out of the way. You told me to move and then you just [gestures at my body in the aisle]."

Me [head melting]: "I'm putting my bag in the overhead bin. You know, because that's how planes work?"

Him [dripping with disdain]: "Yeah, okay."

I sat down. They closed the doors. I said, "Looks like there's no one in the middle seat, so you won't actually have to sit next to me. Since I apparently bother you so much."

Him: "Sounds great to me."

As soon as he fell asleep (with his mouth open like a NERD), I passive-aggressively jarred his foot with my backpack and then said, "OH, EXCUSE ME," because I am an adult. We ignored each other for the rest of the flight.

Lindy is supposed to be the hero in this story?

I question whether it actually happened as she describes, but regardless, she's the one who was the late arriving assbag and was probably wearing pajamas and shower shoes. She actually made me feel bad for the guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:41 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
I question whether it actually happened as she describes, but regardless, she's the one who was the late arriving assbag and was probably wearing pajamas and shower shoes. She actually made me feel bad for the guy.
If she was inventing the story you think she would have done it in a way that doesn't make her seem like the bad guy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:41 pm 

Quote:
Let's clarify a few things! I'm actually pretty much obsessed with etiquette and politeness.

Oh I never would have guessed that children of privilege who get into progressive politics are "obsessed with etiquette," you're just full of surprises

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:53 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
denisdman wrote:

Anonymous asks:
when I was 14 and still discovering sexual pleasure i used to let my dog lick me down there. I knew it was wrong, but at the time i'd never experienced anything remotely sexual so I kept doing it. I'm now extremely ashamed of what I did and feel like i'll never be able to forgive myself for it.

Hi Friend. You’re not sick, perverted or a bad person. You’re not into bestiality. You’re normal. My best friend’s little brother used to get the family dog to lick his penis and liked to come into her room to show her. When you’re exploring your body and pleasure, it’s not unusual to rub up against stuffed animals, household appliances or pets–especially when you don’t have a partner to experiment with. If it makes you feel guilty with your dog, you don’t have to do it anymore. Please be kind and forgive yourself. - Melanie

I am also extremely ashamed.

- The Dog

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Logic Referee ‏@ByYourLogic 14m14 minutes ago
well done guys. your behavior on the website has caused famous opinion columnist/personal essaying Samandra Dumpe to leave it. ugh.

Reminiscent of how the morons of CFMB ran Phil McCracken, Genius off this site.

I'm old, dumb, and forgetful ... wha happun?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:15 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
If she was inventing the story you think she would have done it in a way that doesn't make her seem like the bad guy.

it wasn't very well written--huge shock. it seems like she was trying to be facetious as well as tell a straight nosed anecdote. what it came across as, in her first draft (because she actually had to *clarify* things in the comments section), is that she was not sure who she was supposed to be in that story.

she was not "sorry". the way she began the exchange was anything but apologetic. the guy acted basically how anyone would in that situation--including her. i'm sure if some MAN barged into her "space" when the flight was full and she thought she had some added room, she would be anything but polite.

and in her own account, she wasn't polite.

i wish the guy had written a rebuttal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:18 pm 

Quite the prose in that Jezebel article.

"This is the subtext of my life: "You're bigger than I'd like you to be." "I dread being near you." "Your body itself is a breach of etiquette." "You are clearly a fucking moron who thinks that cheesecake is a vegetable." "I know that you will fart on me."

Nobody wants to sit next to a fat person on a plane. Don't think we don't know."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:20 pm 

What, like we like another person's body spilling into our seats?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:23 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
denisdman wrote:

Anonymous asks:

Can a dog consent to sex?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:25 pm 

http://jezebel.com/woman-survives-harrowing-airplane-journey-next-to-doll-1787006611

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next