It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 7:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: I'm Still Standin'
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
badrogue17 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Mac, we were looking for you at the last B & B show. Instead, I looked deep into the eyes of Dan Bernstein, and I haven't been the same since.

If the camera panned out,you would see the back of Leash's head.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: Score one for jimmy.

Yep. Best bored member jab since his railings on moondick oh so long ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Great to see your voice. I go back to the Rusty Jones/Boyquarium days and it's just not the same without you.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:10 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Mac, time for you to finally team up with Les and make graveyard radio great again!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Good to see you're trying to get back in the game Mac. Best of luck.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
beni hanna wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Mac, we were looking for you at the last B & B show. Instead, I looked deep into the eyes of Dan Bernstein, and I haven't been the same since.

If the camera panned out,you would see the back of Leash's head.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: Score one for jimmy.

Yep. Best bored member jab since his railings on moondick oh so long ago.

Leash does good work. Bernsie looks pleased beyond a Sandusky of a doubt.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:16 pm 

Poor leash. Jimmy doesn't always roast the shit out of board members, but when he does he roasts the shit out of leashyourkids.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
That post of jimmy's should be encased in plexiglass.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
<SHARK>

Hey Mac, did you know that in the semimal video for the titular "I'm Still Standing" that there's an umbrella toss that the brilliant duo of Chris Cunningham and Aphex Twin did a homage to in their masterstroke of a music video for Aphex Twin's "Windowlicker" ??

Of course you didn't; but would it make you feel better to know that watching that 2nd music video I linked would be akin to hooking up a C/S/FMB Make-A-Wiah kid with his wish to crosspollenate the worlds of Dan McNeil and Aphex Twin?

Feel free to ask around here: i'm a "special case" as in "helmeted on the short bus of life" type "special" -- and since i've only got months to maybe a year or two to live before my terminal case of parasitis catches up with me.... Dude... It'd be the best thing ever (outside of talking your old "Wife or Radio Partner" into "becoming" Trouble Funk, of course!

Anyways it's been real, and I just wanna say that I hope you genuinely enjoyed listening to Terry's last show and realizing "wow, if someone new tuned in today and listened for 2-3+ hours they'd have no idea that Terry ever did a radio show with Dan Bernstein" --- gee, I wonder why? HFC til the day when we go to sign that big morning constitution in the sky!

never rolling out of bed for less than 300k,

# sinicalypse, aka the guy that your guy "Ja-Ga-Goff" pinged the gaydar of 2-3 times back @ bourbonnais 2009 cuz uhhhh... MOST DANGEROUS PRODUCER IN AMERICA CAN I GET A HELL YEAH??!!

[Content Sponsored by People For the Ethical Use Of Ether]

</SHARKphex Twinicalypse got a "curious" new [rent] due on the first of the month!>

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:45 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
denisdman wrote:
Mac, you should listen to the CFMB podcast. It will get your juices flowing. And then, you should be a guest host on it. Your voice needs to be heard.

The invite was extended.

I suspect Mac has much better options to get the message out. But, he's welcome to listen to me go off on circuitous tangents whenever he pleases.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Mac is standing? I thought he didn't get out of bed for less than $300,000.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:26 am 

pizza_Place: ....
Mac, glad - but sad - to see you back.

The Score is dead. It used to be MANDATORY that I have it on in the office during the day so that I could pace the workday. These days, when I do turn it on, I don't really ever listen in.

Mully and Hanley = boring as fuck. Can't remember the last time they said or did anything interesting or informative.

Spiegs and whatshisface = nothing. Whatshisface is actually not half of a bad apprentice sportsyaksmith, but I hate young guys who are liberal water-carriers. Nobody cares what you think about "the issues", asshole. Spiegs is a hack douche who is just picking up a check. He should be scrubbing floors at his son's private school to pay for the tuition - and humming cover tunes while he polishes the tiles to a nice glow. If his son is not in private school, he should be, and dad should be there, scrubbing for tuition.

Bernstain & Disrespectful, Unjustifiably Self-Righteous, thinks he is waaay cooler than he is Belizean Guy Who Laughs at his own jokes = keep it. I tried to tune in 2 times, but each time it was like a screeching chainsaw wheal to my ears. Bernstein & Mitch, get the fuck out of town and let us have Chicago back. This is not New York. There are not that many Jewish people in Chicago, so we shouldn't be dominated by them on the airwaves. Mix in a little diversity to match the city's makeup - i.e. where is the latino/latina host to represent that segment of the population? Where is the Pollock or the Irish son/daughter of a cop/fireman from Da Sout'side? (Do NOT even mention Mully or Hanley as being cast in this position!) They had a great find in J Hood, but they chose a senile asshole newspaper guy over him - and lost both! They have still not filled the gap that Julie "butterface, but beat off to her voice" Sweica left (and, NEWSFLASH, the answer to that one is NOT the ChunkyMunky). They are missing the mark - big time.

Laurence = just another fucking low self-esteem suck up.

Fuck, Mac. It really sucks that you played your cards so damn wrong. You ought to make your agent quit the sauce.

I hope you have learned your lesson.

Never turn your back on people who care for you - and that was us.

That's it. You were the last one.

Like Rambo once said to Col. Trautman, "They're all gone, Sir!"

Enjoy your fishing or whatever.

-PP

(BTW, my other name is "Q.Bovifs)

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
DannyB wrote:
Great to see your voice.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:32 am 
1000 CLUB

Mac, I have to agree with Spaulding about Meatpants. I think Buffone, Rozner or Rosenbloom would have kept you more engaged and challenged.

The current iteration of the Score reminds me of the Telander era (where listening was something I did out of laziness, not because I wanted to). HFC used to be must-listen radio. North and Buffone and Boers & Bernstein - I was too damn lazy to change the station.

I imagine - and hope - they'll be calling again after the next books are released.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:15 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
The holiday books, which are bullshit because 93.9 dominates and then crawls back into a hole, has the Score at a modest 2.2. If they start dipping below a 2.0 between now and spring training, someone might flash the Macsignal, but then again the Cubs will lift them right back up to the 4s and 5s, so maybe this is all the Score has to be from here on out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:19 am 

Mac FM wrote:
Zippy, you and the fellas would be amazed at how spot-on accurate Beardown is with MANY of his conspiracy theories.

Many of us have always known that. The anti-Beardown people are mostly jealous of his talent for Score analysis

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:20 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Mac FM wrote:
Zippy, you and the fellas would be amazed at how spot-on accurate Beardown is with MANY of his conspiracy theories.

Many of us have always known that. Tge anti-Beardown people are mostly jealous of his talent for Acore analysis

Trump tweet vibe.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:29 am 

FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

Many of us have always known that. The anti-Beardown people are mostly jealous of his talent for Score analysis

Trump tweet vibe.

Its true.

Beardowns guesses and analysis have always made sense.

People dodnt want to believe it for a variety of reasons (fans of the hosts, jealous that Beardown got responses from hosts, uncomfortable with the racial parts or whatever )

Pretty much all anti-Beardown stuff is traced back to SCORE fanboyism one way or another.

Anyway, Im glad were all on the same page now.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:37 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Mac FM wrote:

Trump tweet vibe.

Its true.

Beardowns guesses and analysis have always made sense.

People dodnt want to believe it for a variety of reasons (fans of the hosts, jealous that Beardown got responses from hosts, uncomfortable with the racial parts or whatever )

Pretty much all anti-Beardown stuff is traced back to SCORE fanboyism one way or another.

Anyway, Im glad were all on the same page now.

I was talking about the early morning post containing multiple typos. Just busting balls.

Anyway, the vast majority of the anti-Beardown stuff is because he starts new threads on topics that already have their own threads, in some cases multiple ones. Also, he will routinely take a post someone makes that is interesting, and start a new thread with that information while completely ignoring the person who made the original post. It's not end of the world type stuff, it's just annoying and shows poor character.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:39 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
His guesses and analysis have not ALWAYS made sense RPB, but Beardown was the one that posted the State of the Score so he gets some credit. But, I think it's easily "felt" by MANY of us who listen that MANY things have been off at the station.

btw: Frank is right, Mully and Handley are the best show in Chicago right now. Remember when it was the worst show?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:41 am 

I disagree with that being the majority of anti-Beardown stuff. The posting style and starting new threads is a separate issue from the people who hate on his theories.

And the people upset about his theories are way louder

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:43 am 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
His guesses and analysis have not ALWAYS made sense RPB, but Beardown was the one that posted the State of the Score so he gets some credit. But, I think it's easily "felt" by MANY of us who listen that MANY things have been off at the station.

btw: Frank is right, Mully and Handley are the best show in Chicago right now. Remember when it was the worst show?

We'll just have to disagree. Since Ive been here, hes been on point for the most part regarding B and B, Goff, Drinky etc

I agree on Mully amd Hanley. Good show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:45 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
I disagree with that being the majority of anti-Beardown stuff. The posting style and starting new threads is a separate issue from the people who hate on his theories.

And the people upset about his theories are way louder

Pretty sure that's not accurate. Might've been years ago but certainly not recently.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
We'll just have to disagree. Since Ive been here, hes been on point for the most part regarding B and B, Goff, Drinky etc

Well, if those are buried in the posts where he talks to himself with emoticons, I don't read them...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:27 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Frank is right, Mully and Handley are the best show in Chicago right now. Remember when it was the worst show?
FAKE NEWS!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Thanks for the update, Mac. Good to hear that you are motivated to get back on air. Hope that happens soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
Franky T wrote:
Thanks for the update, Mac. Good to hear that you are motivated to get back on air. Hope that happens soon.

This

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
The holiday books, which are bullshit because 93.9 dominates and then crawls back into a hole, has the Score at a modest 2.2. If they start dipping below a 2.0 between now and spring training, someone might flash the Macsignal, but then again the Cubs will lift them right back up to the 4s and 5s, so maybe this is all the Score has to be from here on out.

Wow, if your "#1 sports talk station in Chicago" is just 0.2 ahead of a 5700 Watt FM News/Talk station, maybe you need to evaluate your "voice of the fan" claims.

Also, 5 other top-10 markets are doing 3+ overall shares in the holiday books with their sports-talk formatted stations, so I don't think the time of year completely explains a 2.2, that's gotta be content-related.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank is right, Mully and Handley are the best show in Chicago right now. Remember when it was the worst show?
FAKE NEWS!

Actually, I think LoHo's show is the best right now...for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:21 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's

The sad part is that it hasn't gotten better.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:26 pm 

The fact that Mac has said Beardowns guesses are closer to right than we realize and the fact that Beardown has remained anonymous during this time makes me think he is someone closely connected to the SCORE. Someone who has worked there in the past ,someone who still works there?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 150 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next