It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Laurence made it known tonight that he was very flattered by the many opportunities he was offered and turned down during his "free agency" period.

Did he really use the term " free agent" ? He's on a tear year deal every year. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:04 am 

RFDC wrote:
On the Meat and Parkins show today there was a statement made that Larry made it known he wanted to get the spot next to meat. Did anyone else catch that?

That's not controversial. I would expect him to have wanted the promotion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: John's
It makes no sense to pay Leery that amount of money when once the Cubs start, a large % of his broadcasts will be displaced due to the Cubs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:05 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
I feel bad for Lawrence. I think reality has hit him that he is being groomed to be the next Les rather than the next Dan. It would be kind of funny if he completely changed things up as a result of this existential crisis

Groomed to be next Les? I'm thinking more like the next Murph....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:13 pm 

312player wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Laurence made it known tonight that he was very flattered by the many opportunities he was offered and turned down during his "free agency" period.

Did he really use the term " free agent" ? He's on a tear

Agreed!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Laurence probably pouted because he didn't get the Parkins gig....sat out and huffed for a bit, trying to demand a raise...didn't get it...and came back.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:51 pm 

I heard Lawrence just got a bonus. He's up to 500k per year now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Douchebag wrote:
I heard Lawrence just got a bonus. He's up to 500k per year now.

Yep.

MANY people are hearing this.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:27 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
RFDC wrote:
On the Meat and Parkins show today there was a statement made that Larry made it known he wanted to get the spot next to meat. Did anyone else catch that?

That's not controversial. I would expect him to have wanted the promotion

I didnt say it was controversial. Just surprised me as I dont think I heard his name mentioned at all during the search period.

Gotta be a real kick in the pants to his ego as he thinks he is the greatest thing ever.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 11:06 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
didea wrote:
There is no way he makes more than 125K - for an evening show? Commercial rates drop by 30% from drive to the next shift.Makes no financial sense for a guy who never does a full week.

As for DePaul, adjuncts get anywhere from 33000 to 5500, depending on time at the university and what you bring to the school ( background, etc). I know this for a fact as i was na adjunct in the same college as Holmes - my guess he's getting 4,000/class - and he teaches one a semester - call it no more than 12,000/year.

Celebrity professors make their own deals. I stick by my numbers

Nope; wrong; part timers don't dictate anything; Paul Green did; Carol Marin does now at DePaul; if he was full time - which he is not - celebrity would be someone who did a number of works for a university - bring in donors, do interviews on behalf of the school to build enrollment, etc. Their celebrity would be used to bring attention to a specific part of a program - he has never done anything in that regard. Holmes does none of that because he is an adjunct who teaches one course a semester ( if that). And given I see department budgets, he doesn't make what you think. he makes around 12,000/year -

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:39 pm 

didea wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
didea wrote:
There is no way he makes more than 125K - for an evening show? Commercial rates drop by 30% from drive to the next shift.Makes no financial sense for a guy who never does a full week.

As for DePaul, adjuncts get anywhere from 33000 to 5500, depending on time at the university and what you bring to the school ( background, etc). I know this for a fact as i was na adjunct in the same college as Holmes - my guess he's getting 4,000/class - and he teaches one a semester - call it no more than 12,000/year.

Nope; wrong; part timers don't dictate anything; Paul Green did; Carol Marin does now at DePaul; if he was full time - which he is not - celebrity would be someone who did a number of works for a university - bring in donors, do interviews on behalf of the school to build enrollment, etc. Their celebrity would be used to bring attention to a specific part of a program - he has never done anything in that regard. Holmes does none of that because he is an adjunct who teaches one course a semester ( if that). And given I see department budgets, he doesn't make what you think. he makes around 12,000/year -

Lawrence does all that and more. Paul Green has no audience. Carol Marin is in the twilight of her career. Lawrence is a star in his prime. My projection of his salary might be a little light.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
If Lawrence is a star, then JDC is only 170 pounds.

Lawrence's ceiling at this point is Jim Rose, except that Jim Rose got to have Cheryl Burton's ass for a few years.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:43 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
didea wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
didea wrote:

Lawrence does all that and more. Paul Green has no audience. Carol Marin is in the twilight of her career. Lawrence is a star in his prime. My projection of his salary might be a little light.

Yea I didnt want to embarrass you but you really sold him quite short..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
My guy said Laurence is dabbling in angel investing these days since the Cubs have given him some free time for due diligence.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I know it's the big board joke to talk about LH's salary, but you guys aren't that far off. It's six figures. Belee 'dat.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:11 pm 

hatersgonhate wrote:
I know it's the big board joke to talk about LH's salary, but you guys aren't that far off. It's six figures. Belee 'dat.

Confirmed, though you are selling him a little short.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
I can't see giving 6 figures to a guy who has failed to land in primetime despite numerous chances. They should be paying him 75,000.00 and not a penny more. If he doesn't like it,tell him to take it to Akron or Rockford. There is no place for him in this market.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:28 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
I can't see giving 6 figures to a guy who has failed to land in primetime despite numerous chances. They should be paying him 75,000.00 and not a penny more. If he doesn't like it,tell him to take it to Akron or Rockford. There is no place for him in this market.

A guy hosting nights in Akron will make more than $75,000. You guys are way off on all of these salary estimates.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
https://www.salaryexpert.com/salary/job ... ohio/akron

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
newper wrote:
https://www.salaryexpert.com/salary/job/radio-host/united-states/ohio/akron

I know a guy who was in salary talks with a music station in a similarly-sized market for a drive time spot (again, music, not talk). Entry level was $50K with additional appearance and endorsement fees.

Talk has got to be more lucrative for genre-leading ratings.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:48 pm 

hatersgonhate wrote:

Maybe the others are joking

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I would think a 20 year sports talk host at a major market station would be making 6 figures.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:57 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
newper wrote:
https://www.salaryexpert.com/salary/job/radio-host/united-states/ohio/akron

I know a guy who was in salary talks with a music station in a similarly-sized market for a drive time spot (again, music, not talk). Entry level was $50K with additional appearance and endorsement fees.

Talk has got to be more lucrative for genre-leading ratings.

Yep, talk show hosts make much more than a DJ.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:49 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
hatersgonhate wrote:

Maybe the others are joking

Yeah, Laurence makes nothing. I guess the crib in AZ payd for itself?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: billss
He's really feeling himself with this whole contract extension. Posting pics of him and his boss signing his contract, as if he's some big deal. Not done tongue-in-cheek because he's also posting pics of congratulatory letters he's received too. Really thinks he's important to the radio world. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
saw that. its really odd.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:32 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
I would think a 20 year sports talk host at a major market station would be making 6 figures.

not when the only reason hes been on the air that long is because hes willing to work for biscuits and grits

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
He hosts a nighttime shift that gets preempted half the time by live sports... what a fucking ego

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
He hosts a nighttime shift that gets preempted half the time by live sports... what a fucking ego

LET'S GO !!!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 272 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next