It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
DAC wrote:
Kirkwood wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Of course I turn it on today and they are talking Celtics, Cavs, and Bucks basketball.

Great show today

Is Goff back? I listened to some of the show with Herron yesterday. Good stuff.

No it was Heron and the hoops talk was only a small portion of the show. Baseball expansion and realignment was an interesting segment.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
this will be the 83rd time I've said this but Herron is fantastic. This should be a show already, make Jason the third man in the booth.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermos on 63rd
A big problem is there are too many sacred cows on 'SCR from Reinsdorf to Ted Phillips to produce interesting radio. In a town with as many bad sports teams as we have ownership never gets taken to task.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
City of Fools wrote:
this will be the 83rd time I've said this but Herron is fantastic. This should be a show already, make Jason the third man in the booth.

Jason should be a producer, he is not host material

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
MartyD47 wrote:
A big problem is there are too many sacred cows on 'SCR from Reinsdorf to Ted Phillips to produce interesting radio. In a town with as many bad sports teams as we have ownership never gets taken to task.

Parkins and Spiegel have been extremely critical of Bulls ownership/management.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:01 pm 

SirTinkleButton wrote:
Keyana tweeted this out

It sort of seems like Keyana has a bit of an agenda. The ratings drop coincides with the end of Cubs game broadcasts and mimics results from 2016 - which leaves them in essentially the same place they have been. I doubt management is concerned nor contemplating the major changes MANY are salivating over. For perspective, I’d estimate the total salaries of the entire prime time lineup are in the ballpark of what North made in his heyday...and his ratings never approached the numbers The Score has attained the last several years. I realize those were different times but Bernstein’s salary is not driving down profits.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Keyana tweeted this out

It sort of seems like Keyana has a bit of an agenda. The ratings drop coincides with the end of Cubs game broadcasts and mimics results from 2016 - which leaves them in essentially the same place they have been. I doubt management is concerned nor contemplating the major changes MANY are salivating over. For perspective, I’d estimate the total salaries of the entire prime time lineup are in the ballpark of what North made in his heyday...and his ratings never approached the numbers The Score has attained the last several years. I realize those were different times but Bernstein’s salary is not driving down profits.

Keyana just copied what the famed and unemployed Jim O'Donnell wrote, which is accurate. The ratings after M&H suck
and changes are coming. Thank God.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

Jason should be a producer, he is not host material

And that is pretty sad because when he and Matty had a show, I thought both of them were damn good. Jason going to Atlanta for his first full-time hosting gig actually made him worse.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:13 am 

Score is doomed wrote:

Keyana just copied what the famed and unemployed Jim O'Donnell wrote, which is accurate. The ratings after M&H suck

Yeah, Jim Odonnell who hasn't worked in nearly a decade and certainly has no axe to grind is definitely a reliable source.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:28 am 

Score is doomed wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
SirTinkleButton wrote:
Keyana tweeted this out

Who could doubt the predictions of a guy who has posted under the moniker “Score is Doomed” for over a dozen years?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:29 am 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
http://sportsradiopd.com/2018/01/the-to ... -2017-are/

This ranking done by 20 radio executives has Waddle & Silvy as the #2 major market afternoon show in the nation, Bernstein & Goff rank 11th.

They incorporate ratings in their time slot into the ranking.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:53 pm 

Oh shit. Bernstein & Goff are getting KILLED by Waddle & Silvy

http://sportsradiopd.com/2018/01/fall-b ... he-nation/

Quote:
The 4th quarter in the windy city belonged to 670 The Score who were 2nd for the full week (M-SU 6a-Mid) with a low 5 share, missing 1st place by a tenth of a point. The station was also 2nd in weekday prime (M-F 6a-7p) with a mid 5 share, once again losing out on 1st place by one tenth of a point. ESPN 1000 finished 5th in prime with a 5 share and 6th for the full week with a low 4 share. In the weekday dayparts, Mully & Hanley were 2nd in mornings with a mid 7 share, just missing 1st by one tenth of a point. ESPN 1000 , which features ESPN Radio‘s morning show (Mike & Mike/Wingo & Golic) was 7th in mornings with a low 4 share. In middays, Spiegel & Parkins earned a ratings win over Kap & Company and Carmen & Jurko. The Score’s midday team, which airs 9a-1p CT, was tied for 5th with a high 4 share. ESPN 1000 during those hours was 7th with a 4 share. One thing to be aware of, 1000 runs their shows during different hours so when you highlight them in their own timeslots of 9a-12p (Kaplan) and 12p-2p (C&J) they were 7th and 5th compared to The Score which was 5th and 3rd. Turning to afternoons, ESPN 1000 continued to receive a strong showing from Waddle & Silvy who finished 1st in the market with just under a 7 share between the hours of 2p-6p. The Score during those hours was tied for 3rd with a 5 share. Since though The Score’s afternoon show of Bernstein & Goff airs from 1p-6p I examined that window too. B&G remained in 3rd with a 5, where as 1000 lost a few tenth of their share but remained in 1st. Those hours for 1000 consist of 1-hour of C&J and 3 hours of W&S. Overall, a few more wins for The Score but a great story to share on both sides especially in a market as big and competitive as Chicago.

#2 in their timeslot!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:01 pm 

Good to see you being accurate now.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:13 pm 

:lol: They get a HUGE boost from late season and playoff Cubs baseball and still got absolutely dominated, even when considering their hinky show slotting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:15 pm 

Fine by me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:18 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
The listeners followed me out the door over to MVP land.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
WSCR has been putting out a bad product lately and they're getting punished for it. Perhaps it will humble them into making the necessary changes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Quote:
The 4th quarter in the windy city belonged to 670 The Score who were 2nd for the full week (M-SU 6a-Mid) with a low 5 share, missing 1st place by a tenth of a point. The station was also 2nd in weekday prime (M-F 6a-7p) with a mid 5 share, once again losing out on 1st place by one tenth of a point. ESPN 1000 finished 5th in prime with a 5 share and 6th for the full week with a low 4 share. In the weekday dayparts, Mully & Hanley were 2nd in mornings with a mid 7 share, just missing 1st by one tenth of a point. ESPN 1000 , which features ESPN Radio‘s morning show (Mike & Mike/Wingo & Golic) was 7th in mornings with a low 4 share. In middays, Spiegel & Parkins earned a ratings win over Kap & Company and Carmen & Jurko. The Score’s midday team, which airs 9a-1p CT, was tied for 5th with a high 4 share. ESPN 1000 during those hours was 7th with a 4 share. One thing to be aware of, 1000 runs their shows during different hours so when you highlight them in their own timeslots of 9a-12p (Kaplan) and 12p-2p (C&J) they were 7th and 5th compared to The Score which was 5th and 3rd. Turning to afternoons, ESPN 1000 continued to receive a strong showing from Waddle & Silvy who finished 1st in the market with just under a 7 share between the hours of 2p-6p. The Score during those hours was tied for 3rd with a 5 share. Since though The Score’s afternoon show of Bernstein & Goff airs from 1p-6p I examined that window too. B&G remained in 3rd with a 5, where as 1000 lost a few tenth of their share but remained in 1st. Those hours for 1000 consist of 1-hour of C&J and 3 hours of W&S. Overall, a few more wins for The Score but a great story to share on both sides especially in a market as big and competitive as Chicago.

#2 in their timeslot!
Lots of souls being moved right up the dial.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Mitch may have been content to ignore such a slump, but I doubt the new bosses from Entercom will

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:31 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Let's hear it for Spiegel & Parkins beating Kaplan. That leaves afternoons as a problem for the Score.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:40 am 

Camps and I have been saying it for years.

W&S are the best sports talk show in the city. Have been for a long time. They don't take themselves too seriously, good mix of humor and real-life talk.....and they like their customers. Kinda weird.
Also - I think their producers (or whatever their official titles are) are hysterical. They don't over-talk, but when they do it's usually pretty good. Self-Deprecating humor by all 4 of them helps.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Curious Hair wrote:
Let's hear it for Spiegel & Parkins beating Kaplan. That leaves afternoons as a problem for the Score.

Great to see. In all these proposed lineup changes, S&P always seems to be split up and I don't get it. After a rocky beginning, the show has become excellent. A very good mix of sports, off-topic banter, and serious discussions when needed but in much smaller doses than B&G and without the bitterness of Goff. Glad to see that all these B&G defenders are seeing that the show has a shrinking audience.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:12 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Quote:

#2 in their timeslot!
Lots of souls being moved right up the dial.

Will W&S get talked about on here more than Fox 32 Good Day Chicago? So far it isn't.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:38 am 

If you accept that most B&G posting is negative and for quite a while B&B prior then it makes sense. W&S listeners don’t have much to bitch about. I don’t.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:47 am 

pittmike wrote:
If you accept that most B&G posting is negative and for quite a while B&B prior then it makes sense. W&S listeners don’t have much to bitch about. I don’t.
So the idea is that W&S is so bland and average that there is no desire to talk about it at all but many W&S fans take the time to post about a show they don't listen to instead?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:56 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:
So the idea is that W&S is so bland and average that there is no desire to talk about it at all but many W&S fans take the time to post about a show they don't listen to instead?

And people usually complain more than they praise. Annoyance and anger results in me posting something much more often than something I enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Could be? I know I still have residual resentment the the score let a showed I loved go so bad. Bernsie ends up thebtarget of that.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:05 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
pittmike wrote:

Could be? I know I still have residual resentment the the score let a showed I loved go so bad. Bernsie ends up thebtarget of that.

Residual resentment is spot on for me. If B&G were some random show on ESPN I would mostly ignore all the talk of the show. But after having loved B&B for years, it pisses me off that Goff has turned that show and Bernstein into something I won't listen to. Hence, my continued shot-taking at the show.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Danny turned on the White Sox when they hurt his ratings, and thus his bonus. When will he start to turn on Goff?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next