It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
You need to get laid.

I can multi-task.

Jerking off to Jim Cramer whilst reading a coding book does not count as multi-tasking.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
It's because of the SJW's.

It's everything: the constant social issues, the shaming people who don't care about social issues, the afternoon drivetime show talking endless national NBA basketball, the midday show being two unfunny people who seem to genuinely dislike one another, and a near-complete lack of taking phone calls from listeners.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it is also the reliance upon Twitter.

People who want to listen to sports radio don't want the other crap. They have a million other options for that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
AM radio, as a medium, is not suited for the cultural vanguard. It never has been, dating all the way back to WLS and WCFL duking it out with boring top 40 while the progressive rock lived on FM. Ask jimmypasta about amplifying women/POC voices and he'll think you're selling him a hearing aid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Curious Hair wrote:
Ask jimmypasta about amplifying women/POC voices and he'll think you're selling him a hearing aid.

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

It's everything: the constant social issues, the shaming people who don't care about social issues, the afternoon drivetime show talking endless national NBA basketball, the midday show being two unfunny people who seem to genuinely dislike one another, and a near-complete lack of taking phone calls from listeners.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, it is also the reliance upon Twitter.

People who want to listen to sports radio don't want the other crap. They have a million other options for that.

Yep, exactly. It's really too many things to note, so much of what made this station what it was has since changed. Entire segments now devoted to reading Fangraphs or statistical newsletters, cupcake drafts, long form guest interaction on a hyper-specific topic that a host is reeeeeellly excited about.

MVP is back on their bumper (overall, passing them in the key demo) not just because of increasing liberal lean, but I can guarantee you that if callers were still just dumb and silly instead of dumb and racist, or if things were talked about instead of delicately unpacked, if things were still "gay" instead of "problematic", they'd be a few tenths of a point better. Maybe even the .3 that ended up at WMVP.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:27 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Well, they went up a tenth and beat 1000 by a tenth. EVERYTHING IS FINE. Douchebag wins again! Did not happen, you were listening, show was great, did not happen, you were listening, show was great.

The only thing that fucking moron wins is the contest for who could color inside the lines the best .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
leashyourkids wrote:

I can agree with that.

This isn't a response to your post, but while the Penn State coverage was exhausting, it wasn't "SJW" work. He was mostly correct about the cult-like behavior of Penn State. People just got tired of hearing it, invluding me. Advocating for causes which really are important isn't "SJW."

But I agree with most of what JLN says here... Their "smart radio" schtick is what has turned listeners off.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The only thing that is saving 670 is 5 at 5. The greatest college radio segment in the history of Chicago radio

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:00 pm 

MVP is probably KILLING them in the key demo.

This is like arguing the starting pitcher on your terrible team has a higher WAR than another team's starter, but then he's 10 games under .500 compared to the other guy being a 20 game winner. Don't be that guy.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:14 pm 

Douchebag wrote:

This is like arguing the starting pitcher on your terrible team has a higher WAR than another team's starter, but then he's 10 games under .500 compared to the other guy being a 20 game winner. Don't be that guy.

The sales department would beg to differ. They're not selling cume numbers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:20 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Ok... Are they actually beating them in that demographic or is everyone just hoping?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:17 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Ok... Are they actually beating them in that demographic or is everyone just hoping?

It is incredibly likely that MVP is killing them in the key demo. Last book, WMVP was still 0.3 of a share behind WSCR in overall ratings (every possible radio listener from 12-dead, from 12a-12a, listening to the radio at any given time), but were actually beating them in the key demo according to "Lars" (the guy whom I surmise is behind ChicagoRadioandMedia), if not for the daylight hours overall, then for some larger portion of the day.

Moving up to a 0.1 share behind undoubtedly means that MVP's grasp of the key demo has gotten tighter, unless for some reason more children and grandparents are listening.

Given where MVP was last book in overall share (0.3 behind) and key demo share (leading), it seems overwhelmingly likely that gaining on SCR in the overall ratings corresponds with more dominance in the key demo ratings for MVP.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:48 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:

You can suss it out of Feder if you ask him politely. He usually posts pertinent breakdowns (demographics, dayparts) and then people ask him other stuff on facebook.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:49 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

It is incredibly likely that MVP is killing them in the key demo. Last book, WMVP was still 0.3 of a share behind WSCR in overall ratings (every possible radio listener from 12-dead, from 12a-12a, listening to the radio at any given time), but were actually beating them in the key demo according to "Lars" (the guy whom I surmise is behind ChicagoRadioandMedia), if not for the daylight hours overall, then for some larger portion of the day.

Moving up to a 0.1 share behind undoubtedly means that MVP's grasp of the key demo has gotten tighter, unless for some reason more children and grandparents are listening.

Given where MVP was last book in overall share (0.3 behind) and key demo share (leading), it seems overwhelmingly likely that gaining on SCR in the overall ratings corresponds with more dominance in the key demo ratings for MVP.

"Just hoping" would've been a much quicker answer to his question.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:50 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:

You can suss it out of Feder if you ask him politely. He usually posts pertinent breakdowns (demographics, dayparts) and then people ask him other stuff on facebook.

No, thanks. I genuinely don't care.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:51 pm 

Okay, well, it's a message board based around Chicago media, not like I assumed you were here to talk about farm implements or something.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:54 pm 

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:57 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Okay, well, it's a message board based around Chicago media, not like I assumed you were here to talk about farm implements or something.

The only way your posts could be more smarmy and devoid of personality is if they were read in the voice of Hillary Clinton.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:58 pm 

My words in Hillary's voice? long time guy wouldn't know whether to shit or wind his watch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
leashyourkids wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

"Just hoping" would've been a much quicker answer to his question.

Hope is the absence of observation, almost literally. We have observed the trends I listed, and there was an, I believe, reasonable extrapolation to the current set of observations. What exactly about that is "just hoping"?

If I roll a weighted die 1,000 times, am I "just hoping" it comes up on the weighted number on the 1,001st try?

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
WSCR does not care about ratings. They dont even care about appealing to listeners. These metrics mean less than nothing to hosts and station management.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
America wrote:
WSCR does not care about ratings. They dont even care about appealing to listeners. These metrics mean less than nothing to hosts and station management.

Except for the fact those metrics dictate what you can charge advertisers for space on a given show.... :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
America wrote:

Except for the fact those metrics dictate what you can charge advertisers for space on a given show.... :roll:

Do they try or hope to get around the books by selling across all the local stations foe bulk and wait for it, synergy?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Waddle and Silvy #1 Bernstein and Goff #7 :shock:

http://sportsradiopd.com/2017/04/espn-1 ... ings-book/

ESPN 1000 Produces Strong Winter Ratings Book

Sharing a ratings story that involves two great sports stations in a major market where audiences are passionate for the format is a lot of fun. It serves as a reminder that although bragging rights are up for grabs between the two brands involved, their combined abilities to captivate local male audiences aged 25-54, leaves the rest of the market’s radio stations envious and wishing it had sports radio’s winning formula.

In the latest winter book in Chicago, both ESPN 1000 and 670 The Score had reason to celebrate. If the noise was a little louder inside 1000’s offices, there’s a perfectly good explanation for it. The station finished #1 overall during David Kaplan and Waddle and Silvy’s shows. It was Kaplan’s first time enjoying the top spot for an entire quarter. Waddle and Silvy on the other hand have been on fire, leading all of the market’s sports talk programs in the ratings for seven straight months.

Not to be ignored, Carmen and Jurko also delivered big for 1000, coming in 5th. Just twelve months ago the show was ranked 11th, which shows significant growth year to year. The station’s lone spot where it didn’t win head to head against The Score was in mornings where Mike and Mike came in 9th.

Meanwhile for The Score, Mully and Hanley continued their winning ways in AM drive, registering a 5th place finish. The popular local duo have consistently won the morning matchup against their national counterparts.

In middays and afternoons, both Spiegel and Parkins and Bernstein and Goff came in 7th, six positions away from 1000’s programs. This was the first ratings book for both Score shows. They were added to the weekday lineup in January following the retirement of longtime personality Terry Boers.

In sizing up the key demographic battles, ESPN 1000 earned wins against their local rival by placing 3rd M-F 6a-7p and 6th M-SU 6a-Mid. The Score was 6th M-F 6a-7p and 7th M-SU 6a-Mid.

Although it’s certainly a great time to be inside the hallways at ESPN 1000, The Score stands to benefit from Chicago Cubs baseball being back on its airwaves. That should help the station increase its cume next quarter and provide a few additional samples of the station’s new weekday shows.

On the other hand, ESPN 1000 may be faced with a play-by-play disadvantage, but they’ve demonstrated to local fans that their lineup is dynamic. Exceptional talent and content stands out, and the results so far show that listeners are supportive of their approach.

One thing to keep an eye on is how 1000’s recent decision to switch Kaplan to 9a-12p and Carmen and Jurko to 12p-2p affects the radio station going forward. There’s no reason to expect anything but continued success, and a highly competitive battle between two great sports radio brands, but when meters are involved, it’s anybody’s ballgame.

Until next quarter, may the best brand win, and the audience continue to be satisfied.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:22 am 

Sox ratings .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
That was what my guy told me.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:46 am 

SirTinkleButton wrote:
Waddle and Silvy #1 Bernstein and Goff #7 :shock:

http://sportsradiopd.com/2017/04/espn-1 ... ings-book/

ESPN 1000 Produces Strong Winter Ratings Book

Sharing a ratings story that involves two great sports stations in a major market where audiences are passionate for the format is a lot of fun. It serves as a reminder that although bragging rights are up for grabs between the two brands involved, their combined abilities to captivate local male audiences aged 25-54, leaves the rest of the market’s radio stations envious and wishing it had sports radio’s winning formula.

In the latest winter book in Chicago, both ESPN 1000 and 670 The Score had reason to celebrate. If the noise was a little louder inside 1000’s offices, there’s a perfectly good explanation for it. The station finished #1 overall during David Kaplan and Waddle and Silvy’s shows. It was Kaplan’s first time enjoying the top spot for an entire quarter. Waddle and Silvy on the other hand have been on fire, leading all of the market’s sports talk programs in the ratings for seven straight months.

Not to be ignored, Carmen and Jurko also delivered big for 1000, coming in 5th. Just twelve months ago the show was ranked 11th, which shows significant growth year to year. The station’s lone spot where it didn’t win head to head against The Score was in mornings where Mike and Mike came in 9th.

Meanwhile for The Score, Mully and Hanley continued their winning ways in AM drive, registering a 5th place finish. The popular local duo have consistently won the morning matchup against their national counterparts.

In middays and afternoons, both Spiegel and Parkins and Bernstein and Goff came in 7th, six positions away from 1000’s programs. This was the first ratings book for both Score shows. They were added to the weekday lineup in January following the retirement of longtime personality Terry Boers.

In sizing up the key demographic battles, ESPN 1000 earned wins against their local rival by placing 3rd M-F 6a-7p and 6th M-SU 6a-Mid. The Score was 6th M-F 6a-7p and 7th M-SU 6a-Mid.

Although it’s certainly a great time to be inside the hallways at ESPN 1000, The Score stands to benefit from Chicago Cubs baseball being back on its airwaves. That should help the station increase its cume next quarter and provide a few additional samples of the station’s new weekday shows.

On the other hand, ESPN 1000 may be faced with a play-by-play disadvantage, but they’ve demonstrated to local fans that their lineup is dynamic. Exceptional talent and content stands out, and the results so far show that listeners are supportive of their approach.

One thing to keep an eye on is how 1000’s recent decision to switch Kaplan to 9a-12p and Carmen and Jurko to 12p-2p affects the radio station going forward. There’s no reason to expect anything but continued success, and a highly competitive battle between two great sports radio brands, but when meters are involved, it’s anybody’s ballgame.

Until next quarter, may the best brand win, and the audience continue to be satisfied.

Holy shit, they're getting absolutely tattooed. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Yeah, I guess "Great Show" should be countered now by "Greater Show". I am switching to ESPN 1000 right now. I want on the bandwagon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 am 

:lol: Getting their shit pushed in by Carm & Jurko of all shows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next