It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:15 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
I am definitely guilty of JDC bashing and consternation over the SJW crap on the Score. It is simply because I don't like the constant mixing of politics and underlying social issues into sports. I want my sports talk ratio to be light hearted and fun. When Penn State fans are enablers of child rape and parents letting their kids play football is a forma of child abuse, well that's where I punch the button.

These Score guys could learn a ton from the CFMB Podcast. It was like the old Afternoon Saloon where a couple of guys are just bs'ing about various topics.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Jbi11s wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Stuff White People Like is just about ten years old now. I browsed the book a few months ago. Man alive did it age poorly. It wasn't even funny then.

I'm thinking he meant the humor in general making fun of stuff white people like. I do think America's first exposure to that type of humor was probably that blog.

It's ok to laugh about it, if it's done well. Same with most racial jokes. It's like the difference between Chappelle and Carlos Mencia.

Wouldn't getting upset about the social injustice of laughing at white people make you some kind of.... Hmm... Can't think of the term of use.

This has been around since the 90s. White Men Can't Jump came out in what year? Remember the Eddie Murphy SNL sketch about white privilege from the early 80s? I don't care about the comedy stuff.

I think that we have created a culture based on "offense" and what we can't talk about that is akin to fascist suppression of speak. There were people saying that Black Lives Matters real important message was that it's time for white people to shut up. How is that progress? We can't have a back and forth discussion anymore?

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:03 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
The sad thing is Les Grobstein is the only one left at the score who keeps politics out of his show. I welcome this rating tank and can't wait until Mancow overtakes Mully and Hanley!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:24 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
March ratings come out tomorrow. Let's see how much Cubs spring training helped.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:11 am 
1000 CLUB

MVP now claiming to be number 1 sports station in Chicago and Score now saying M&H number 1 show.
Score used to claim number 1 station, but not now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Score is doomed wrote:
MVP now claiming to be number 1 sports station in Chicago and Score now saying M&H number 1 show.
Score used to claim number 1 station, but not now.

B&B used to also claim #1 afternoon show. B&G has never made such a claim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
When are these ratings officially released, 4pm or something?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:59 pm 

Yeah, I just checked radio-online and it says they'll have 'em at 4. Here's hoping the Score falls below 2.0.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:12 pm 

I turned my radio off. Silence is better than the crap being shoveled today. I need meatball radio today- things broken, people screaming, anger, etc. I don't need to hear that Saad and Leddy would have made a difference. The Hawks don't have the cap room for those guys.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:25 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, I just checked radio-online and it says they'll have 'em at 4. Here's hoping the Score falls below 2.0.

That would be truly glorious.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:32 pm 

Most likely they move up or down a tenth, nothing much has changed between February and March besides people growing tired of Senor and Goff's bullshit. It does sound like 1000 passed them, though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
I turned my radio off. Silence is better than the crap being shoveled today. I need meatball radio today- things broken, people screaming, anger, etc. I don't need to hear that Saad and Leddy would have made a difference. The Hawks don't have the cap room for those guys.

You need to listen to angry music. It will make you feel better. Might I suggest some Motorhead, or possibly some Iron Maiden.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:45 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Most likely they move up or down a tenth, nothing much has changed between February and March besides people growing tired of Senor and Goff's bullshit. It does sound like 1000 passed them, though.

Even if it isn't something in the 1's, or even a marginal increase over the February books, they will know it's bad. Mitch, Dan, Spiegs, Jason and Matt, have all been there in some capacity for 3's and 4's carried only by talent, so they know what the text line looks like, how active the phone lines are, and so on. They know this isn't like it was then, and they will be, in quiet moments, alone with the knowledge that they are performing particularly poorly in the ratings, and that falls on them as talent and content producers.

Perhaps their powers of self-delusion and rationalization are so great they can point to the Bears being awful and the lineup changes in early January as the culprit, so these unequivocally poor ratings aren't squarely on them, and all is well now because the Cubs are on, anyway. But someone there will know, maybe it's Parkins.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:52 pm 

Well, part of it is the lineup change. It's not a good lineup. Even if there's talent there, and there is, it isn't being allocated well.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:55 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

You need to listen to angry music. It will make you feel better. Might I suggest some Motorhead, or possibly some Iron Maiden.

Never been a music guy. Sports, business, politics (history inclusive) in no particular order. I have taken up computer coding (for fun), so we'll see where that takes me.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Parkins will save the station once they hand him the keys to the afternoon show.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
denisdman wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Never been a music guy. Sports, business, politics (history inclusive) in no particular order. I have taken up computer coding (for fun), so we'll see where that takes me.

You need to get laid.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Well, part of it is the lineup change. It's not a good lineup. Even if there's talent there, and there is, it isn't being allocated well.

Yeah, I was meaning more the degradation of a listener base brought on by constant lineup shifts and fill-ins.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:02 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:03 pm 

Well, they went up a tenth and beat 1000 by a tenth. EVERYTHING IS FINE. Douchebag wins again! Did not happen, you were listening, show was great, did not happen, you were listening, show was great.

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

:lol:

that's the cumulative. MVP gets dragged down in the mornings by M&M while SCR gets propped up by M&H. The rest of the day is owned by MVP. I wonder where WMVP would be if they could get a local morning show. Perhaps hosted by an alum of both stations...

Last edited by Ogie Oglethorpe on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MVP is probably KILLING them in the key demo.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:04 pm 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
You need to get laid.

I can multi-task.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:05 pm 

Larz wrote that they were in his analysis of the prior month.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:05 pm 

Shouldn't JDC have a problem with the entire concept of key demographic...? Male 25 to whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
It's because of the SJW's.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Curious Hair wrote:
Well, they went up a tenth and beat 1000 by a tenth. EVERYTHING IS FINE. Douchebag wins again! Did not happen, you were listening, show was great, did not happen, you were listening, show was great.

Yup. Ogie's gonna need to edit the thread title now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:08 pm 

denisdman wrote:

Shouldn't JDC have a problem with the entire concept of key demographic...? Male 25 to whatever.

daaa I was at a beauty salon and every woman was wearing a hijab and we were all listening to the Score and then a man bumped into me and didn't say "excuse me" and just as we heard Jason on the radio say "best believe my man Johnny Knox keeps it on the down low" I said "you can't push me around because I'm a woman" and every woman wearing a hijab started applauding, all this literally happened

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:09 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:

daaa I was at a beauty salon and every woman was wearing a hijab and we were all listening to the Score and then a man bumped into me and didn't say "excuse me" and just as we heard Jason on the radio say "best believe my man Johnny Knox keeps it on the down low" I said "you can't push me around because I'm a woman" and every woman wearing a hijab started applauding, all this literally happened

You need to put that into a series of tweets and @ Julie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:09 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
It's because of the SJW's.

It's everything: the constant social issues, the shaming people who don't care about social issues, the afternoon drivetime show talking endless national NBA basketball, the midday show being two unfunny people who seem to genuinely dislike one another, and a near-complete lack of taking phone calls from listeners.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16  Next