It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: SJW Radio is Not Working
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Someone else dug this link up, but we have data for the first 2 months of the year and outside of mornings (where Mike & Mike lose to M&H) WMVP is solidly beating WSCR in the demo

http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/88 ... urko-times

"In fact, for the first two months of 2017, "Kap & Co." is the second most listened-to AM radio talk show (sports or otherwise) for Adults 25-54 and Men 25-54, beating any AM radio talk show of any daypart on such stations as WSCR-AM, WGN-AM, WLS-AM, and WIND-AM. (The #1 most listened-to talk program for Adults 25-54 and Men 25-54 is WMVP-AM's "Waddle & Silvy" afternoon show.)"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:37 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Can I submit, very much tied to "SJW Radio Is Not Working," that "Radio About Twitter Is Not Working"? I'm listening with one ear to Julie and Baffoe and a good deal of it was complaining about people tweeting at them. This has been the bread and butter of Bernstein's shows for years. I even listened to the Committed Indian's podcast today and not only do they whine about everyone who is mean to them on Twitter, they fixate on the people who are nice to them on Twitter.

The truth is that nobody is on Twitter. Most people don't use it at all. Many of its users only lurk. Something like 10% of its users generate 90% of its content. It's just not important to most people.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:43 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Can I submit, very much tied to "SJW Radio Is Not Working," that "Radio About Twitter Is Not Working"? I'm listening with one ear to Julie and Baffoe and a good deal of it was complaining about people tweeting at them. This has been the bread and butter of Bernstein's shows for years. I even listened to the Committed Indian's podcast today and not only do they whine about everyone who is mean to them on Twitter, they fixate on the people who are nice to them on Twitter.

The truth is that nobody is on Twitter. Most people don't use it at all. Many of its users only lurk. Something like 10% of its users generate 90% of its content. It's just not important to most people.

There is a reason that for all people talk about Twitter, the company itself is not making money and advertisers are jumping away from the platform. It doesn't get a lot of use. by people who engage on it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:09 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Twitter is just where they get their strawmen from. If it wasn't "people on Twitter are saying..." it'd be some other nebulous enemy that they feel they need to crusade against.

That's how some 4chan troll can tweet "gas the kikes race war now" over and over again until it eventually catches somebodies attention, follow that chain reaction far enough and a presidential candidate is calling people deplorable and blowing a seemingly slam-dunk. DiCaro, Bernstein and the whole lot of them are too stupid or too arrogant to realize Twitter is not home turf for them.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Curious Hair wrote:
Can I submit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Twitter is in fact a big reason for my recent distaste of the medium. I remember until Twitter came around Bernsie was adamant that all social media was dumb and the people stupid. Now he is addicited to it once he was shown it is a easy tool for lazy radio. Add in the wonderful strawman option and you have what we have now.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:

Twitter allows losers the ability to do "high school" all over again, this time perhaps as a member of a cool clique and with greater status than they might ever achieve anywhere else in the form of the precious blue check mark.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:47 am 

it's just part of the collective mainstream social media that gives the false sense of "status". yes, it goes back to a school mentality. it's a popularity thing. but it definitely makes them feel like celebrities. i'm sure i'm not coining this phrase but i call it their "15 characters of fame". it's fleeting, and once Twitter goes, so will their "status". because no one cares about them otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:04 am 

pizza_Place: A few...
Like the show or not but the twitter angle is way down on Spiegel and Parkins.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:19 am 

I know it's going to go unnoticed by the people at 670 who should be paying attention, but you would think this type of trend would cause a program director who cares about his job to pull his hosts aside and see if they could perhaps try something else.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:21 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I know it's going to go unnoticed by the people at 670 who should be paying attention, but you would think this type of trend would cause a program director who cares about his job to pull his hosts aside and see if they could perhaps try something else.

I am not saying he does not care about his job. What I do feel quite strongly about, though, is he has no worries at all about his job security.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:35 am 

pittmike wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I am not saying he does not care about his job. What I do feel quite strongly about, though, is he has no worries at all about his job security.

You would still have to think that a person like him has a contract with performance incentives based upon ratings.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Twitter allows losers the ability to do "high school" all over again, this time perhaps as a member of a cool clique and with greater status than they might ever achieve anywhere else in the form of the precious blue check mark.

Hey man, like , fuck you too.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:15 am 

America wrote:
Twitter is just where they get their strawmen from. If it wasn't "people on Twitter are saying..." it'd be some other nebulous enemy that they feel they need to crusade against.

That's how some 4chan troll can tweet "gas the kikes race war now" over and over again until it eventually catches somebodies attention, follow that chain reaction far enough and a presidential candidate is calling people deplorable and blowing a seemingly slam-dunk. DiCaro, Bernstein and the whole lot of them are too stupid or too arrogant to realize Twitter is not home turf for them.

Well, if it's anyone's, Twitter is the home turf of journalists -- real ones, not Julie DiCaro ones -- who are most easily rattled by 4chan scum.

pittmike wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I think I said it before but Mitch's job is to manage the decline and he's doing that well enough. Corporate had him running XRT for a while too, doing what, exactly, I don't know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:22 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
America wrote:

Well, if it's anyone's, Twitter is the home turf of journalists -- real ones, not Julie DiCaro ones -- who are most easily rattled by 4chan scum.

For all that I rip on Dan Bernstein, he at least knows how to use Twitter without getting rattled. He should honestly teach that skill to his coworkers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:27 am 

This thread is like angry white people catnip.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:29 am 

Douchebag wrote:

You were listening. This guy gets it. Racism.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
For all that I rip on Dan Bernstein, he at least knows how to use Twitter without getting rattled. He should honestly teach that skill to his coworkers.

He isn't as enthusiastic about it as he once was. He used to say Twitter made going to games obsolete, which is a surprising take for me. I've never been at the game and heard people complain about pronouns, ask about jet fuel melting steel beams or just blame Jews for everything wrong in their lives (to be fair I haven't been to a Bears game since 2007). A lot of people are just sick of it, and now its en vouge among the woke to publicly announce their retirement, or at least a "stepping away", from tweeting.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:43 am 

I am not sure what the wrap is but this piece claims Wall St. not happy with Twitter either. Can't figure out how to make money. Advertisers say their ads are useless pretty much. Anyway, I hope it goes away for a number of reasons.

http://www.thewrap.com/even-donald-trum ... e-twitter/

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
pittmike wrote:
I am not sure what the wrap is but this piece claims Wall St. not happy with Twitter either. Can't figure out how to make money. Advertisers say their ads are useless pretty much. Anyway, I hope it goes away for a number of reasons.

What reasons?

I don't get the Twitter hate.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:49 am 

America wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

He isn't as enthusiastic about it as he once was. He used to say Twitter made going to games obsolete, which is a surprising take for me. I've never been at the game and heard people complain about pronouns, ask about jet fuel melting steel beams or just blame Jews for everything wrong in their lives (to be fair I haven't been to a Bears game since 2007). A lot of people are just sick of it, and now its en vouge among the woke to publicly announce their retirement, or at least a "stepping away", from tweeting.

It seems at this point his Twitter usage is down to RT'ing media personalities he agrees with and crosswords

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:50 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

What reasons?

The company is not profitable and if you bought their IPO, you are down 66% on your investment. It's not a very ad friendly medium and putting more ads there would drive the traffic further away. The engagement level with the ads they have is very low and plenty of that is pay per click and the clicks aren't coming.

My company does a lot of advertising through Facebook, Google, etc. and none through Twitter as the engagement just isn't there.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I meant what reasons did Mike have for wanting it to go away.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:53 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
pittmike wrote:

What reasons?

One reason we already discussed is it makes media things I consume lazy and annoying. Another reason is I found it annoying to use personally. Just overload for me and superficial using it on my phone to follow people.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 am 

Douchebag wrote:

Yeah. You tell those stupid 815 texters. Piling on them everyday is great radio.

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
A thread about Bernstein (et al.) losing in the ratings turns into a discussion about the valuation and monetization of the twitter platform. Bernstein wins again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:50 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

Yeah. You tell those stupid 815 texters. Piling on them everyday is great radio.

All the usual suspects have chimed in, so I'm not wrong here.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:53 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

The classic tactic when you don't have anything to support your argument, just declare everyone against you a racist. Works everytime! It's the new Godwin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:54 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

The classic tactic when you don't have anything to support your argument, just declare everyone against you a racist. Works everytime! It's the new Godwin

I called nobody a racist. You're wrong again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:56 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Douchebag wrote:

I called nobody a racist. You're wrong again.

Now the Julie DiCaro tactic of saying something through very clear implying/dog whistling, but not using the exact phrase so that you can scream "now tell me where I said it!"

It's always phase 2 after the Godwin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next