It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
[quote="Juice's Lecture Notes"]Where the news was strong for ESPN 1000 was in afternoon drive where Waddle and Silvy continue to dominate. The popular drive time show finished #1 between 2p-6p with just under a five and a half share. Given that W&S has to overcome a top notch show on The Score and the addition of Chicago Cubs day games during baseball season, that’s nice coo for the folks inside 1000’s offices.

However, for the folks at The Score, Bernstein and Goff’s afternoon program air between the hours of 1p-6p. During those hours, the show placed 1st with a little more than a five share. 1000 trailed by only two tenths of a point during that time frame.[/i]

The wording of this seems weird to me or it is just Friday. It says W&S win 2-6p but B&G win 2-6p.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:42 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think they're saying that B&G's 1 p.m. hour is so strong that their average ratings from 1-6 beat 1000's from 1-6, but 1000's 2-6 beats 670's 2-6. It is a little clumsy.

Technically afternoon drive is supposed to be 3-7, fwiw.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm 

Mully & Hanley are terrible

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Curious Hair wrote:
I think they're saying that B&G's 1 p.m. hour is so strong that their average ratings from 1-6 beat 1000's from 1-6, but 1000's 2-6 beats 670's 2-6. It is a little clumsy.

Technically afternoon drive is supposed to be 3-7, fwiw.

That's what I got out of it, too, yup. And even when considering all of 1-6, B&G are only tenths of a point ahead of the competition, and are beat soundly head-to-head.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, gotta appreciate what Mully and Hanley have been doing. They realize that most people are not on Twitter and do not care about the things Twitter cares about (social issues, journalist slapfights, NBA minutiae).

I think Twitter has been harmful to journalism as a whole. It turns it into a thought echo chamber.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Yeah, gotta appreciate what Mully and Hanley have been doing. They realize that most people are not on Twitter and do not care about the things Twitter cares about (social issues, journalist slapfights, NBA minutiae).

I think Twitter has been harmful to journalism as a whole. It turns it into a thought echo chamber.

MoronNumber1 wrote:
Great show

MoronNumber2 wrote:
Yup

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

When you can block all dissenting opinions you begin to think your thoughts are not only correct but popular opinion. Look no further than the disastrous election last year to see what dangerous consequences it brings.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:08 pm 

I could probably track the beginning of my disdain for Bernstein with when he began his Twitter act.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
http://sportsradiopd.com/2017/07/sports-radio-ratings-across-the-country/

1000’s second midday program, Carmen and Jurko, occupy the airwaves between 12p-2p. That means they go head to head against Spiegel and Parkins for 1 hour and opposite The Score’s afternoon show Bernstein and Goff for an hour. During the 12p-2p hours, The Score was ahead by a little more than a point.

The last hour of Spiegel and Parkins and the first hour of Bernstein and Goff are only beating Carmen and Jurko by little more than a point? I would have thought they'd beat them by several.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:

Just talk sports. Don't try to save the world, and don't make up stories.

If they were on at a different time, I would listen more.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Chus wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Just talk sports. Don't try to save the world, and don't make up stories.

That's exactly what they do.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:27 pm 

Are the people at the station, the decision-makers especially, delusioned enough to think these figures are actuallt, somehow, good or acceptable? You can't have your afternoon drive time show, inflated by Cubs pregame or east coast games a couple days a week, be BARELY beating the competition in YOUR timeslot, and losing handily when actually head-to-head. And you're paying $10MM a year to be eking out a ratings win in the middle of summer.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
My best guess is that selling the entire CBS cluster covers a multitude of sins.

EDIT: to clarify, I'm talking about the sales department, not the CBS Radio/Entercom transaction

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:26 am 

WSCR did a 3.6 overall in July, but I cannot for the life of me find mid-day or afternoon drive breakdowns anywhere.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:32 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
WSCR did a 3.6 overall in July, but I cannot for the life of me find mid-day or afternoon drive breakdowns anywhere.

Their overall isn't relevant to them. It's the percentage of 25-54 year old males they are seeking.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:37 am 

Bernstein and Goff #1 in the ratings! Well done!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Yep. It's great when the good guys win.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:57 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Were they really # 1, or did Cub games in that slot artificially boost them?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:59 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

They were #1.

Did ESPN artificially boost Waddle and Silvy because of people not wanting to listen to the Cubs moving over there?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If I had to guess, the Cubs are responsible for the 3.6-3.7 overall shares we see. Because we know MVP is slugging it out with WSCR in the key demo time slot ratings (or at least was for the last book), but overall MVP is at a 1.6.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:15 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

If I had to guess, the Cubs are responsible for the 3.6-3.7 overall shares we see. Because we know MVP is slugging it out with WSCR in the key demo time slot ratings (or at least was for the last book), but overall MVP is at a 1.6.

M&H carries 670 most of the time. It's the only show consistently winning its slot year round. Let's see what happens when WMVP has the option to go local this November.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:47 am 

Herb and Zpack lamenting Kaep not playing just now. So its basically mandated that every host discuss this ? Herb also with some sort of racial thing about the Cubs starting Freeman at short today that I didn't understand.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:32 pm 

http://sportsradiopd.com/2017/10/sports ... mmer-book/

Quote:
The competition is always fierce in the windy city between 670 The Score and ESPN 1000 and the summer book was no exception. This quarter belonged to The Score as the station placed 3rd overall M-SU 6a-Mid with just under a 5 share. 1000 finished 15th for the full week with slightly over a 3 share. Given the power of the Cubs though, that’s not a big surprise. Once again 670 led the way in mornings, with Mully and Hanley nearly doubling Mike and Mike. M&H were 3rd with just under a 6 share. M&M produced a 3 share. In middays, The Score’s team of Parkins and Spiegel got some great news, finishing seven tenths of a point ahead of David Kaplan and the first hour of Carmen and Jurko‘s show (670 and 1000 schedule their shows differently). The Score was 6th between 9a-1p. ESPN 1000 was 9th. Where ESPN 1000 received its biggest win was in PM drive between 2p-6p. Waddle and Silvy finished tied for 1st with just over a 5 share. The Score’s team of Bernsein and Goff were three tenths of a point behind in 4th. One item to point out, Bernstein and Goff’s show is an hour longer though than Waddle and Silvy’s so if you measure their entire 1p-6p program the news is slightly different, the two stations are even during those hours at just under a 5 share. Nonetheless, Waddle and Silvy have been rolling in 2017.

The Score now ties with MVP in the ratings for the Score's afternoon drivetime slot, 1-6p. With the Cubs, with an extra hour of show over the MVP drivetime team, Bernstein and Goff cannot win a ratings battle with their direct competition.

Jason has been moving souls...up the dial to WMVP.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:11 am 

Yup.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:25 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Hopefully, this trend continues and Bernstein gets a new partner. I didn't listen to Speigel and Goff very much but I don't recall Goff being this horrible in the midday show. No?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:22 am 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
DAC wrote:
Hopefully, this trend continues and Bernstein gets a new partner. I didn't listen to Speigel and Goff very much but I don't recall Goff being this horrible in the midday show. No?

Fuck that hopefully they shit can both of them. SQNevents can turn tricks to put Bernstein junior through college.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:01 am 

DAC wrote:

Yeah. Break up a show that is number 1 in their timeslot!

Maybe W&S can extend their show an hour so we can make this fair.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 am 

I was thinking maybe B&G could start their show at 11 and claim they're beating their direct competition even further during the hours they're not on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
http://sportsradiopd.com/2017/10/sports-radio-thrives-in-the-summer-book/

Quote:
The competition is always fierce in the windy city between 670 The Score and ESPN 1000 and the summer book was no exception. This quarter belonged to The Score as the station placed 3rd overall M-SU 6a-Mid with just under a 5 share. 1000 finished 15th for the full week with slightly over a 3 share. Given the power of the Cubs though, that’s not a big surprise. Once again 670 led the way in mornings, with Mully and Hanley nearly doubling Mike and Mike. M&H were 3rd with just under a 6 share. M&M produced a 3 share. In middays, The Score’s team of Parkins and Spiegel got some great news, finishing seven tenths of a point ahead of David Kaplan and the first hour of Carmen and Jurko‘s show (670 and 1000 schedule their shows differently). The Score was 6th between 9a-1p. ESPN 1000 was 9th. Where ESPN 1000 received its biggest win was in PM drive between 2p-6p. Waddle and Silvy finished tied for 1st with just over a 5 share. The Score’s team of Bernsein and Goff were three tenths of a point behind in 4th. One item to point out, Bernstein and Goff’s show is an hour longer though than Waddle and Silvy’s so if you measure their entire 1p-6p program the news is slightly different, the two stations are even during those hours at just under a 5 share. Nonetheless, Waddle and Silvy have been rolling in 2017.

The Score now ties with MVP in the ratings for the Score's afternoon drivetime slot, 1-6p. With the Cubs, with an extra hour of show over the MVP drivetime team, Bernstein and Goff cannot win a ratings battle with their direct competition.

Jason has been moving souls...up the dial to WMVP.

My listening pattern is thus:

Morning drive M&H. I listen to 670 until Kap comes on. I stick with 1000 until I get back in my car at 4:30 where 670 is still on from the morning drive. I continue to give B&G a chance on my drive home. But one day this week they are talking about sun screen on black guys. Yesterday they digressed into NBA2k and how kids are more worried about their rating than the real world. I don't mind some idle off topic stuff, but they keep bringing up stuff that isn't interesting. They just aren't giving me a reason to listen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 476 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next