It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:23 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
http://www.robertfeder.com/2018/06/06/w ... ning-show/

Justin Kaufmann gets promodemoted to babysitting Cochran in mornings, Patti Vazquez moves up to early evenings, and 11p-1a is now...best-of clips? I know 'GN used to have best of Brandmeier and Garry Meier on weekends when there weren't games to carry, but I don't think they've ever had clip shows as a part of regularly scheduled programming. That's bleak.

Oh and Nick Digilio gets his show stretched out to 1-5. And because I was talking in the other thread about the board loving and then turning on Matty and Jason, here's a reminder that no one was more clamored for and then disappointing in an everyday role than Nick Digilio.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
http://www.robertfeder.com/2018/06/06/wgn-shuffle-justin-kaufmann-joins-steve-cochrans-morning-show/

Justin Kaufmann gets promodemoted to babysitting Cochran in mornings, Patti Vazquez moves up to early evenings, and 11p-1a is now...best-of clips? I know 'GN used to have best of Brandmeier and Garry Meier on weekends when there weren't games to carry, but I don't think they've ever had clip shows as a part of regularly scheduled programming. That's bleak.

Oh and Nick Digilio gets his show stretched out to 1-5. And because I was talking in the other thread about the board loving and then turning on Matty and Jason, here's a reminder that no one was more clamored for and then disappointing in an everyday role than Nick Digilio.

Andrea Darlas has very little to offer. I'm glad Bill and Wendy are still on (yeah, I said it).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Curious Hair wrote:
http://www.robertfeder.com/2018/06/06/wgn-shuffle-justin-kaufmann-joins-steve-cochrans-morning-show/

If it's just 'best of the week', then that would indeed seem problematic. If they go deep into the vaults and give us some Milt Rosenberg, then they might be on to something. I would presume it's the former though.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
tommy wrote:
Andrea Darlas has very little to offer.

She has an interesting way of pronouncing her own name.

So...there's that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
tommy wrote:
Andrea Darlas has very little to offer.

She has an interesting way of pronouncing her own name.

So...there's that.

I want to like Andrea Darlas. We don't know each other, but we know people in common. She went to UIUC, although a few years after I did. She's gotten a little thicker as she's hit her 40s, but most of us have. I suspect she makes a mean galatobouriko.

But on the air, she's a homeless person's Robin Baumgarten.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:49 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
When was she there?

Maybe I worked with her at WILL-TV.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:57 pm 

I think she's in her early 40s based on the age of the person we know in common, so that would have been 93ish?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
When was she there?

Good interview with Andrea Darlas from 2009. Should answer any questions, Doc...

http://chicagoradiospotlight.blogspot.c ... arlas.html

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:19 pm 

Godfella wrote:
When was she there?

Good interview with Andrea Darlas from 2009. Should answer any questions, Doc...

http://chicagoradiospotlight.blogspot.c ... arlas.html

Thanks. 'PGU was my first guess. That's where all the radio people were.

But, we had a lot of broadcast students file through the halls of WILL-TV next to accounting major Dr. Ken that everybody looked at wondering what the hell I was doing there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:02 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Cochran bashes the President non-stop. That's why his ratings have plummeted coinciding with President Trump's term. Plain & simple.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:55 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Cochran couldn't even hack it in Minneapolis back in the day. He's the Peter Principle incarnate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:24 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
tommy wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Andrea Darlas has very little to offer. I'm glad Bill and Wendy are still on (yeah, I said it).

Darlas does a good job reading the news, but that's about it. Five or six years ago she was part of an evening sports show on WGN along with Brian Noonan and someone else. I have also heard her a few times hosting a regular show. She's not Anne Maxfield bad/dumb, but she's pretty bad.

I think Bill Leff is very good.

vitoscotti wrote:
Cochran bashes the President non-stop. That's why his ratings have plummeted coinciding with President Trump's term. Plain & simple.

90% of Roe Conn's show is complaining about Trump. I don't know what his ratings are but they can't be good.

For as long as I have been driving WGN has always been one of my AM presets. About a month or so ago I bumped it for AM 1530. The only thing I would want to listen to at this point is Northwestern football in the fall.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:55 am 

Bill Leff is the hackier, more effeminate version of Harry Teinowitz

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Just not gn loading up with sensitive guys and trump bashers, but Jimmy d totally f..in up the Cubs thing. Before Gn was on everbodies preset.. Theater guy Nick d ripped the President on election night when half or more of his listeners we're celebrating. Nick and his old partner we're great. Nick's non theater goofy bit segments are funny. Would his traffic lady buy as seen on TV junk, strange neighbors, fave pizza places callins really make great radio. I couldn't even tell you where roe Conn is now. Bob and goofy marianne was great current and off topic radio at gn then to ls. Gn now is the lib cnn of Chicago news and talk. A lot of listeners will reject after a couple of minutes or tries.
Look at the scores hosts giving left political views on sports.talk. I'd never dream this would happen 10 years ago in the scores heyday. Chicago radio is dying. Interesting where it will be 10 years looking forwards.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
good dolphin wrote:

There was an endless parade of those butterknife comedy guys on the radio in the early '00's, wasn't there? It was like the fat schlubby husband with the hot wife on sitcoms at around the same time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 am 

good dolphin wrote:

I have not gotten than impression from him on his show with Wendy.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:22 am 

Brian Noonan is still kicking around part time. I don't mind him for 15-20 minutes on a Sunday night while I am driving.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:33 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tad Queasy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I’ve never minded his shows. Don’t think I’ve ever sought them out but they aren’t a ptfb moment for me either.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:44 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Brian Noonan is still kicking around part time. I don't mind him for 15-20 minutes on a Sunday night while I am driving.

Not unlike Terry Boers, Noonan derives much of his on-air persona from Letterman. Unfortunately for Noonan, he's even less witty than Boers, though more likely to complete at least one coherent sentence during the span of a four-hour show. Given the sorry state of Chicago radio, however, I agree that Noonan is superior to many other options available on the AM dial and used to listen to him fairly regularly when I lived in the area. On many occasions, he was/is simply the least terrible person on the local airwaves at a given moment.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:16 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

Not unlike Terry Boers, Noonan derives much of his on-air persona from Letterman. Unfortunately for Noonan, he's even less witty than Boers, though more likely to complete at least one coherent sentence during the span of a four-hour show. Given the sorry state of Chicago radio, however, I agree that Noonan is superior to many other options available on the AM dial and used to listen to him fairly regularly when I lived in the area. On many occasions, he was/is simply the least terrible person on the local airwaves at a given moment.

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:25 am 

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I’ve never minded his shows. Don’t think I’ve ever sought them out but they aren’t a ptfb moment for me either.

I think he deserves a lot of credit for working with Wendy every day and not throwing her (or himself) into the path of a speeding train.