It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I have listened to a good portion of their show this afternoon and it's been pretty solid. No giggly bullshit, just a lot of football talk. I'm not a big Hub fan but this has been a nice change from what we usually get during the week.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Tad Queasy wrote:
I have listened to a good portion of their show this afternoon and it's been pretty solid. No giggly bullshit, just a lot of football talk. I'm not a big Hub fan but this has been a nice change from what we usually get during the week.

Caught about 20 minutes in the car. Good listen. I missed Mannelly and Thayer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:26 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Caught about 20 minutes in the car. Good listen. I missed Mannelly and Thayer.

One of the times I tuned back in Mannelly was on and I knew he sounded familiar but could not place his voice. I didn't know it was him until the segment was over and Hub thanked him for joining them. I like his contribute.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
Listened on the way home from work just now, got about 15 minutes. Also pleasantly surprised, I usually dislike the smug Hub, he sounded less so , today.

And Gabriel's contribution was solid. Best input from the college career at NC of the QB that I have heard, I am less disappointed.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:40 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Sometimes is just nice to hear men being men and talking sports. No beta male faggy bullshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:49 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
what channel?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:50 pm 

K Effective wrote:
Also pleasantly surprised, I usually dislike the smug Hub, he sounded less so , today.

He did sounded less douchey today than he usually does.

K Effective wrote:
And Gabriel's contribution was solid. Best input from the college career at NC of the QB that I have heard, I am less disappointed.

Me, too. I agree with Finfer (he and Chris Blech were on yesterday instead of the terrible Trifecta) when he says he's not necessarily disappointed they drafted (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky he just wishes they didn't give up so much to get him, especially when it sounds like they didn't have to.

Caller Bob wrote:
Sometimes is just nice to hear men being men and talking sports. No beta male faggy bullshit.

Yeah, the times I tuned in I didn't hear hand wringing over whether or not Mixon should be able to play in the NFL and what it means if he does.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:51 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
HawaiiYou wrote:
what channel?

Channel 5, Tom Shaer is on next...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:33 pm 

I got to hear a few mins of it, from the little I heard it sounded like they were excited about the TE pick and thought he could be a good one.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Tad Queasy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Yeah, the times I tuned in I didn't hear hand wringing over whether or not Mixon should be able to play in the NFL and what it means if he does.
Amazing how such a simple concept has gotten away from 670 ( Excepting mornings which not so coincidentally they still win) isn't it?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:14 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
badrogue17 wrote:
Amazing how such a simple concept has gotten away from 670 ( Excepting mornings which not so coincidentally they still win) isn't it?

Good point. I know the Hub hate is big on the board but this was a nice change of pace.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:46 pm 

I tuned in to AM1000 about 5 minutes ago. There are three (I think) hosts, two guys whose names I don't know but have heard their voices before and woman named Mina. They were talking about Mixon and discussing that while the Bengals did address what happened in their press conference they didn't do it the right way. And the subtext, and the this, and the that...and what Mina has said about this on Twitter is really important and...*CLICK*.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Caught some of it while out running errands this afternoon. Decent listen. Just sports talk and discussion. Nice change of pace. Hub is not the pudwack most think he is. I always enjoy his contributions. He admits when he is wrong and welcomes the backlash if he is. Refreshing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I always like Hub. He giggles a lot. I can deal with that. I enjoy his football discussion.

I like Gabriel too. Caught him Saturday night with, I think, Chris Emma. Solid football show.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:20 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Hub is not the pudwack most think he is.

Just depends on the situation and context. He can still be a huge pudwack at times.

Other times he can be a decent listen. He works really well in situations like today where he is comfortable and just talk about what is going on.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Hub was a complete Bears corporate ass licker back int he day but maybe he's changed his ways now. If he's a good listen I don't mind tuning in. But I got to know what station he's on nowadays.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:26 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
He's alright.

Relative scale.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
RFDC wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Hub is not the pudwack most think he is.

Just depends on the situation and context. He can still be a huge pudwack at times.

Other times he can be a decent listen. He works really well in situations like today where he is comfortable and just talk about what is going on.

I like how he admits when he is wrong. Like his pick for the Chiefs to win the SB a couple years ago. He owns it. Most will not.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I always like Hub. He giggles a lot. I can deal with that. I enjoy his football discussion.

I like Gabriel too. Caught him Saturday night with, I think, Chris Emma. Solid football show.

Big fan of Hub also. I always find the weekend shows (except for one) to be more listenable than the regular lineup.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hub is surprisingly good at discussing baseball as a fan. Doesn't try to be an expert, but asks good questions when he has a guest on.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Hub is surprisingly good at discussing baseball as a fan. Doesn't try to be an expert, but asks good questions when he has a guest on.

He is a big Cubs fan. He is very good in small doses outside of football.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
i tend to like hub's solo weekend hosting efforts.... he tends to have too much patience with callers

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:37 am 

Scooter wrote:
Caught some of it while out running errands this afternoon. Decent listen. Just sports talk and discussion. Nice change of pace. Hub is not the pudwack most think he is. I always enjoy his contributions. He admits when he is wrong and welcomes the backlash if he is. Refreshing.

That isn't who he always was. He has had a few humbling episodes over the past five or so years, including "where did you play your ball?", that I think had him do some soul searching. He seems like a better professional today

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:39 am 

Just fans talking to fans...what a concept

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: Fasano's
good dolphin wrote:
Just fans talking to fans...what a concept

Its amazing. I actually went out of my way to listen in. Nothing like Bears football to get the meters moving.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
I don't mind Hub in moderation. Like his shows more than his guest appearances as he seems more genuine while hosting than appearing as an expert. He has surely become more tolerable since his employment with Bears ended.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:35 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Hub is a pretty good listen on a Friday night 6-10 show in the summertime, filling in for Laurence. He'll "spray to all fields" and seems to actually care what listeners have to say. I think he's figured out that it's easy money just to be nice.