It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:29 am 

Peoria Matt wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
denisdman wrote:
My guess is he keeps changing jobs searching for something fulfilling. He'll eventually get an oppourtunity in sports media and jump back in.

It's not the worst midlife crisis a guy could have.

He pretty much took care of the big one on the list.

He tried to buy a sports car but was denied financing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:32 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
billypootons wrote:
if he divulges any dirt on WSCR employees let us know, otherwise... a big meh and my "not interested" sign is securely displayed

I listened out of pity.

If you listen to the first 15 min or so he shits all on the score.

Biggest news was he said when he was on Murph's show, he would tell the management he was quitting the upcoming Friday because he could not work for Murph any longer. That went on for 2 years! LOL! Not the first guy I've heard say that about Murph. And I'm a big Murph fan.

Said he loved Bernstein but he was also the biggest turd of all time.

Listen to that first 15 min, it was great!

Hawaii is the only guy giving a real breakdown of this thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 8:33 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am about 20 minutes in. I have heard worse. Not much dirt really.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:13 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
badrogue17 wrote:
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
I've been around here for a long time and still have no idea if Beardown is a real person or not. Because if he is, I'm terrified.

You think his assessment is wrong ?

Well, yes, but my bigger concern is why he cares so much about that show and the people of past and present.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:15 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
badrogue17 wrote:
I've been around here for a long time and still have no idea if Beardown is a real person or not. Because if he is, I'm terrified.

Well, yes, but my bigger concern is why he cares so much about that show and the people of past and present.

He didn't start the thread. It's a board that in part discusses local sports media. Seems pretty simple.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:17 am 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

He didn't start the thread. It's a board that in part discusses local sports media. Seems pretty simple.

You don't think his in-depth ramblings and armchair conspiracy reporting goes beyond "discussing local sports media?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
Meh. i didn't hate matty like a lot of you guys but i don't think i can listen to much of this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:30 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

You don't think his in-depth ramblings and armchair conspiracy reporting goes beyond "discussing local sports media?"

Danny Mac confirmed that a lot of his in-depth ramblings and armchair conspiracy reporting were more often than not, correct. Are you really buying the " I was sick of sports radio"'crap?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:32 am 

When I first found this place 10 years ago I only noticed the show threads. It was really B&B and MJH. Those were the two threads that i'd read primarily. Those threads were inundated with gossip and speculation about the inner workings of those shows. Which host was leaving. Which person would replace him. Which hosts hate each other. Which shows have existing friction. It was non stop with threads popping up daily.

I always thought to myself that even if 95% of this were true who cares? I never care for gossip and speculation regarding my own job so why would I care when it relates to someone else's.i don't find that stuff to be interesting. I listened to those shows for on air content. Backstage tensions and hostility were rarely if ever of interest to me. I really wondered why it was of much interest to people that posted here.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:34 am 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Danny Mac confirmed that a lot of his in-depth ramblings and armchair conspiracy reporting were more often than not, correct. Are you really buying the " I was sick of sports radio"'crap?

Why wouldn't I? Logically, if all or most of what Beardown says is actually true, couldn't that contribute to "being sick of sports radio?"

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:36 am 
1000 CLUB

long time guy wrote:

When I first found this place 10 years ago I only noticed the show threads. It was really B&B and MJH. Those were the two threads that i'd read primarily. Those threads were inundated with gossip and speculation about the inner workings of those shows. Which host was leaving. Which person would replace him. Which hosts hate each other. Which shows have existing friction. It was non stop with threads popping up daily.

I always thought to myself that even if 95% of this were true who cares? I never care for gossip and speculation regarding my own job so why would I care when it relates to someone else's.i don't find that stuff to be interesting. I listened to those shows for on air content. Backstage tensions and hostility were rarely if ever of interest to me. I really wondered why it was of much interest to people that posted here.

B&B also got me interested in the Board long ago. Stinkfinger the Crow introduced me to the Board as well.

I, too, never understood why the behind-the-scenes stuff was interesting. It's a workplace, and all workplaces have drama. We don't all work at those places, so we shouldn't need to know what's going on. It's creepy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
It's not that complicated. The guy worked for a long time trying to get a permanent on air gig. Two shows opened up, and he got neither job. Both were a slap in the face and showed that his career was going nowhere at WSCR. They hired a much younger out of town guy and another guy who was rejected by Atlanta and was basically his peer at the station.

Of course you're sick of radio after that type of rejection.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:45 am 

denisdman wrote:
It's not that complicated. The guy worked for a long time trying to get a permanent on air gig. Two shows opened up, and he got neither job. Both were a slap in the face and showed that his career was going nowhere at WSCR. They hired a much younger out of town guy and another guy who was rejected by Atlanta and was basically his peer at the station.

I got the impression he was saying I was leaving regardless if I got those gigs. Which I find hard to believe .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:01 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
denisdman wrote:

I think it would be a slap in the face if he were good at his job, but he wasn't. Whether by design or because that's the just the way he is, when he did have a chance to host he often acted like being on the air was an annoyance and when he did updates they were usually brutal.

I think Leery being passed over for full-time positions at the station is a slap in the face to him. I don't think he's good at his job but cannot deny that he tries to be good at it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:05 am 

long time guy wrote:

B&B also got me interested in the Board long ago. Stinkfinger the Crow introduced me to the Board as well.

I, too, never understood why the behind-the-scenes stuff was interesting. It's a workplace, and all workplaces have drama. We don't all work at those places, so we shouldn't need to know what's going on. It's creepy.

This site was being used for a very long time by people at the station to anonymously detail Score intrigue. Notice how in times of real interest that there are always new and little heard from posters.

As far as interest, while it may not be all that interesting to you, is it really that surprising given the popularity of shows like TMZ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:18 am 

good dolphin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

This site was being used for a very long time by people at the station to anonymously detail Score intrigue. Notice how in times of real interest that there are always new and little heard from posters.

As far as interest, while it may not be all that interesting to you, is it really that surprising given the popularity of shows like TMZ?

Some may have used this site to push things anonymously but there were others that pushed things (Dan McNeil in particular)not so anonymously. Just because they used it for selfish self serving reasons doesn't mean that I have to indulge.

I used to mess with a chick that worked for a while on the Monster's show when the station was on Belmont. I was in my early 20's then and used to listen much more than I do now. All the shows too. I was a junkie when it came to the score. i'd pick her up from work sometimes too. Not once did I ever ask her about the back stage stuff that went on there. Just wasnt that interesting to me at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:24 am 
1000 CLUB

denisdman wrote:

But drinky did get promoted. From producer to full time update anchor.

Like I said before, the easy job of doing updates, no pressure, with a 25 hour work week seems better then driving around for 40 hours a week selling vitamins. At least to me. Plus, he even admitted in that podcast he had no idea what he was going to do after he quit. I just find it odd. You're sick of sports and have no idea what you want to do. And he quit his first sales job after 20 days.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
i stopped at 20 minutes, so matty went on to do MLM after the score?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Like I said before, the easy job of doing updates, no pressure, with a 25 hour work week seems better then driving around for 40 hours a week selling vitamins. At least to me. Plus, he even admitted in that podcast he had no idea what he was going to do after he quit. I just find it odd. You're sick of sports and have no idea what you want to do. And he quit his first sales job after 20 days.

I know many guys that after doing a job for 5 years or so are just done with it. It's in their personality. I've been doing what I'm doing now for 15 and every so often I walk in the house and tell my wife I'm done with it. Usually I'm pissed off about something that went wrong that day or a big bill I know is coming and I blow it off after a couple days of thinking about it. I'm sure this week I will have a moment of it.. I predict Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:42 am 
1000 CLUB

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
I know many guys that after doing a job for 5 years or so are just done with it. It's in their personality. I've been doing what I'm doing now for 15 and every so often I walk in the house and tell my wife I'm done with it. Usually I'm pissed off about something that went wrong that day or a big bill I know is coming and I blow it off after a couple days of thinking about it. I'm sure this week I will have a moment of it.. I predict Saturday.

This.

It's really not that rare to just be "done" with a job. Human nature. I imagine this is amplified tenfold when you are a public figure and constantly get berated by listeners.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Braconi's
Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:

How did I know that there would be a nice thread here dedicated to this...actually TWO! I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this but here it goes -

Beardown - it's amusing that you have your trench coat, top hat and magnifying glass out for everything concerning Matt Abbatacola, but choose to look for deeper meaning in EVERYTHING and miss the real, actual, factual details in the things that are said by him out loud. Yes, Matt quit his initial sales job after 20 days. Why? Did you listen? He did 18k in sales in 20 days with basically no training, he was doing great. He then got offered an opportunity that wouldn't make sense to pass up. So...THEN he quit his first sales job after 20 days. Listen to what's actually said and not what floats around your brain about Matt every second of every day. Also - who told you that he will be working 40 hours a week? Where did you hear that? You can find it odd all you want to but here are the FACTS:
- Matt wasn't happy working at the station anymore
- Matt didn't want to live the rest of his life unhappy at the station
- Matt QUIT on great terms with EVERYONE, did NOT want a farewell, and left the station.
- Matt knew there was great opportunity outside of sports radio
- Matt found that
- Matt already has a base salary greater than what he did in 16 years at the station.

Lastly, you should look up these "vitamins" you keep talking about and see how much success the company has had as a one man show....that has now decided to have Matt partner up with him and grow even more.

You and your wild brain have a great day.

Last edited by IceGirl on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 am 
1000 CLUB

IceGirl wrote:
Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:

How did I know that there would be a nice thread here dedicated to this...actually TWO! I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this but here it goes -

Beardown - it's amusing that you have your trench coat, top hat and magnifying glass out for everything concerning Matt Abbatacola, but choose to look for deeper meaning in EVERYTHING and miss the real, actual, factual details in the things that are said by him out loud. Yes, Matt quit his initial sales job after 20 days. Why? Did you listen? He did 18k in sales in 20 days with basically no training, he was doing great. He then got offered an opportunity that wouldn't make sense to pass up. So...THEN he quit his first sales job after 20 days. Listen to what's actually said and not what floats around your brain about Matt every second of every day. Also - who told you that he will be working 40 hours a week? Where did you here that? You can find it odd all you want to but here are the FACTS:
- Matt QUIT on great terms with EVERYONE, did NOT want a farewell, and left the station.
- Matt found that
- Matt already has a base salary greater than what he did 16 years at the station.

Lastly, you should look up these "vitamins" you keep talking about and see how much success the company has had as a one man show....that has no decided to have Matt partner up with him.

Wow. You know a lot. When are you and drinky getting married?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking Beardown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:50 am 

Beardown wrote:
IceGirl wrote:
Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:

Beardown - it's amusing that you have your trench coat, top hat and magnifying glass out for everything concerning Matt Abbatacola, but choose to look for deeper meaning in EVERYTHING and miss the real, actual, factual details in the things that are said by him out loud. Yes, Matt quit his initial sales job after 20 days. Why? Did you listen? He did 18k in sales in 20 days with basically no training, he was doing great. He then got offered an opportunity that wouldn't make sense to pass up. So...THEN he quit his first sales job after 20 days. Listen to what's actually said and not what floats around your brain about Matt every second of every day. Also - who told you that he will be working 40 hours a week? Where did you here that? You can find it odd all you want to but here are the FACTS:
- Matt found that
- Matt already has a base salary greater than what he did 16 years at the station.

Lastly, you should look up these "vitamins" you keep talking about and see how much success the company has had as a one man show....that has no decided to have Matt partner up with him.

Would make more sense to ask you that question, wouldn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
IceGirl wrote:
Beardown wrote:
IceGirl wrote:
Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:

- Matt found that

Our homewrecking adulteress returns... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:52 am 

Whoa wait, Beardown is dating Drinky now? Wow that dude does get around .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
sjboyd0137 wrote:

Fucking Beardown

You know he's in his basement looking at that poor girl chained up and saying to her, "Why don't you support me like IceGirl supports Drinky?"

The jealousy just oozes out of BD:

1) White girls don't like him,
2) He can't be a black stud like Goff,
3) He will never have a tight girlfriend like IceGirl,
4) His chance at being on air is limited to the 15 minutes of fame he will achieve when the FBI closes in on his dungeon,
5) He wants to sell vitamins instead of happy meals.

Oh, and Beerdown.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 am 

Jen , I don't know what your relationship is with Drink at this point or if you're in a relationship with him still but because you seem to be brains of outfit a word of advice . If the guy Drinky is doing these killer sales for is named Hernandez, run don't walk ,away.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:04 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
IceGirl wrote:
Beardown wrote:
IceGirl wrote:
Beardown wrote:
denisdman wrote:

- Matt found that

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:05 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Jen , I don't know what your relationship is with Drink at this point or if you're in a relationship with him still but because you seem to be brains of outfit a word of advice . If the guy Drinky is doing these killer sales for is named Hernandez, run don't walk ,away.

Nope. It's not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next