It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
So if Danny Mac wanted to start his own podcast, we're cool with it.

But because Abbattacola did, it sucks?

He's was mean to people on the phones. This is a death sentence around here.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:40 am 

I dont have a dog in this race but that doesnt seem to be the situation at all.

Also, Mac is way more popular here, so yea...makes sense his podcast would get better feedback

That's like saying

So if Greg Maddux wants to be a pitching coach, that's fine but when John Danks tries, it sucks?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:41 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:

Also, Mac is way more popular here, so yea...makes sense his podcast would get better feedback

That's like saying

So if Greg Maddux wants to be a pitching coach, that's fine but when John Danks tries, it sucks?

Danny Mac as Greg Maddux? I hate analogies so much.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:43 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's like saying

#BoardAnalogies

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:44 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's like saying

In the context of Chicago Sports radio? Yes. Hall of Famer and one of the best to ever do it.

Drinky was ok at times but overall sucks....Danks

Probably the greatest analogy of all time. It's the Jordan of analogies and your reaction is the Lavar Ball of reactions.

Sweet sassy mollassy!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:46 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

That's like saying

In the context of Chicago Sports radio? Yes. Hall of Famer and one of the best to ever do it.

Drinky was ok at times but overall sucks....Danks

Probably the greatest analogy of all time. It's the Jordan of analogies and your reaction is the Lavar Ball of reactions.

Sweet sassy mollassy!

I don't really have a dog in the fight. I just think the hate goes over board for a former Score 670 producer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:47 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Who is dismissing this out of hand because it's Abbatacola , Ugie? People have listened and given feedback .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:49 am 

I dont hate Drinky. I think he's a ...well meaning (cant really say GOOD) guy.

But yea, podcasts by board favorites (Dr ken, Mac, Brian Bauer) will get better reviews than board targets (Drinky, Julie DiCaro, Sarely...to some extent)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Huh.? Danny Mac a Chicago radio hof'r..? Please.....dude couldn't keep his ass out of rehab, blamed weed for his life issues, and became as interesting as listening to a 55 year old woman's sports and life opinions.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 am 

thewatcher wrote:
Huh.? Danny Mac a Chicago radio hof'r..? Please.....dude couldn't keep his ass out of rehab, blamed weed for his life issues, and became as interesting as listening to a 55 year old woman's sports and life opinions.

Chicago sports radio existed before 2010 and yes, Mac is unquestionably a hall of famer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:55 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

Chicago sports radio existed before 2010 and yes, Mac is unquestionably a hall of famer

Guess I set the bar a little higher.

Don't miss his Schtick at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am 

thewatcher wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

Cool. Who do you like?

I dont really like sports radio at all anymore.

Last edited by rogers park bryan on Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
thewatcher wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
thewatcher wrote:

How do you feel about Mike North and Chet Coppock?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:04 pm 

North - never liked him. Seemed like a racist meatball.

Chet - never listened to him

Mac just got old to me from the score to jurko and harry & Back to the score, too much gambling, hawks and in talk about his family(I don't care). He sounded like an idiot blaming weed for how much of a fuck up he is. Don't blame the flower, look in the mirror.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
thewatcher wrote:
North - never liked him. Seemed like a racist meatball.

Chet - never listened to him

Mac just got old to me from the score to jurko and harry & Back to the score, too much gambling, hawks and in talk about his family(I don't care). He sounded like an idiot blaming weed for how much of a fuck up he is. Don't blame the flower, look in the mirror.

I don't think weed lands you in rehab.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:10 pm 

Listening now, nice to hear two insiders talking candidly about the radio business, a plus because they both have good sound and technique. Need some better microphones and audio processing, though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Listening now, nice to hear two insiders talking candidly about the radio business, a plus because they both have good sound and technique. Need some better microphones and audio processing, though.

Outside of possibly dishing dirt on folks at the Score , I don't think a lot of people are going to be interested in the musings of Matt Abbatacola, outside of Jen Miska .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
good dolphin wrote:
"Matt Abbatacola's Night On The Suburban Town" segment

the Real Estate Game sponsored by Pulte

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:27 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Outside of possibly dishing dirt on folks at the Score , I don't think a lot of people are going to be interested in the musings of Matt Abbatacola, outside of Jen Miska .

Yeah I'm struggling to think of a hook for a wider audience. But this may just be a creative outlet for him and his buddy, and if that's the case who cares how many people listen.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:27 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
I don't think a lot of people are going to be interested in the musings of Matt Abbatacola, outside of Jen Miska .

I see what you did there

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:30 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Yeah I'm struggling to think of a hook for a wider audience. But this may just be a creative outlet for him and his buddy, and if that's the case who cares how many people listen.

A segment called: Naperville Cuckhold Hunters

????

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:31 pm 

Cashman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

????

Phishing with Ross.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:34 pm 

Cashman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

????

Phishing with Ross.

Shopping for the right Ice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:34 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

How many times have you listened to this first podcast?

Last edited by Douchebag on Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:40 pm 

I'm waiting for the Shakes and Ferrari podcast.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
badrogue17 wrote:

Except that his friends at the Score and many of their sycophants like Baffoe often like to put people down for their small number of followers on Twitter or the small amount of listeners to their podcasts.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:02 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Give it up for DA DRINK, he tosses off one podcast with some guy no one has ever heard of and gets more discussion than a week's worth of the Soul Movement over the air in afternoon drive. Granted, a lot of the thread is just Beardown beating off to his own prose but still.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Curious Hair wrote:
Give it up for DA DRINK, he tosses off one podcast with some guy no one has ever heard of and gets more discussion than a week's worth of the Soul Movement over the air in afternoon drive. Granted, a lot of the thread is just Beardown beating off to his own prose but still.

Great point.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Curious Hair wrote:

LOL, despite our different political opinions, you remain one of the best posters. Your prose is above all, even Beerdown's.

DA DRINK- #thatsChicago

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:52 pm 

Cashman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

????

Phishing with Ross.

Naperville Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next