It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:36 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
http://www.robertfeder.com/2017/08/09/robservations-csn-chicago-cuts-chris-boden/

Chris Boden out at CSN.

Eric doing well without Kathy and SCR killing it against MVP.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:41 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
it's amazing how much M&H carry WSCR while Mike and Mike drag down 1000.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:44 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Damn, Q101 and 890 are losing to a computer that plays "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:53 am 

I'll sadly admit to the guilty pleasure of hearing Brooke and Jubal's phone taps and date updates. I am convinced those are all staged, but some of them are funny.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 am 

It's a syndicated show (Hubbard finally stopped counterprogramming Eric and Kathy: anyone who got good ratings in mornings on 100.3 got fired for coming at the king), so it's 100% staged.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:02 am 

Ok thanks. I kind of figured based on the way those calls were going. It was like one of those Repo shows I used to enjoy- eventually you realize that the situations were too outrageous to be real even though you wanted to believe. When they repo'd a guy's food truck, I got the hint.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:05 am 

Did anyone else totally forget that Sherman and Tingle wound up at the Drive? I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the Drive became the Loop.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:08 am 

I am just laughing at the guy who calls himself "El Terrible".

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Curious Hair wrote:
Did anyone else totally forget that Sherman and Tingle wound up at the Drive? I still can't wrap my head around the fact that the Drive became the Loop.

Are Sherman and Tingle's ratings much higher than Mac's when he was on WDRV?

I'm surprised Dan Proft and Amy Jacobsen are ahead of Lin Brehmer and Mancow.

Last edited by Tad Queasy on Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
How can you see the ratings for the afternoon drive slot?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:58 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Damn, Q101 and 890 are losing to a computer that plays "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers.

:lol: :lol:

Remember when people here blamed the near 0.0 ratings of The Game on people having radios that couldn't tune to 87.7?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
I'm shocked Q101 is down so low. All the Millennials listening to podcasts?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
And how did CSN cut Boden loose? He was always a solid anchor.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:08 am 

ChiefWampum wrote:
And how did CSN cut Boden loose? He was always a solid anchor.

Because he has all the personality of a dry mop

He's the Bret Hart of Chicago Sports Media

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:

Now you're talkin'. I love singing that song. I wish I could actually sing.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:11 am 

DAC wrote:
How can you see the ratings for the afternoon drive slot?

Someone will have to post those. The DH article was specific to mornings because of Eric & Kathy. It didn't speak to other time slots. CH probably has access to that data.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:27 am 

denisdman wrote:
CH probably has access to that data.

I wish. I'm eating from the same trough as everyone else.

ChiefWampum wrote:
I'm shocked Q101 is down so low.

I'm not. Their rotation is too tight, the jocks are bad, and the imaging is the worst. (Now I'm not so deluded as to think normal 21-year-olds listen to Q101 and say "ugh, this imaging is terrible!", but I know what makes people cringe, and a Professional Radio Announcer doing fellow-kids shit is cringe.) It's a good listen for about one set and then you change the station during the break and don't hurry back. I think their PD has realized what everyone else has realized, which is that "mainstream" modern alternative isn't in the best place right now (see all the grousing about what a weak Lolla this was), and they've tried to dial that back in favor of more recurrents and golds, but even that just manifests itself as still too much Record Company, still too much Cage the Elephant, and then something off Nevermind. And of course the issue there is that once you start leaning on your library a bit harder, why not listen to the Drive or XRT instead, who do it better? So basically their lot is to be B96/Kiss FM for kids who like "Real Music" and just hope the shit they're running into the ground this month doesn't suck.

The alt-backspace show they do on Sunday mornings where it's all '90s alternative is really good, though. They play Bjork, which XRT refuses to.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:36 am 

I am not a music guy. But if there ever was a genre that I enjoyed it would be that early 90's alternative rock. That is when I was finishing up high school and then onto college. I used to love Q101, but I burnt out on all that music out. I did the same thing with 80's pop, which was the music of my childhood. And so I starting going farther back and enjoyed 70's music. And now I find myself listening to more modern pop. It's all about hearing something different that I haven't burnt out on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:39 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Remember when people here blamed the near 0.0 ratings of The Game on people having radios that couldn't tune to 87.7?

yes I do.

I think it's fair to ask, but how much blame goes to a social media director who didn't know how to use social media?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

yes I do.

I think it's fair to ask, but how much blame goes to a social media director who didn't know how to use social media?

I see what you did there.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:52 am 

denisdman wrote:
I am not a music guy. But if there ever was a genre that I enjoyed it would be that early 90's alternative rock. That is when I was finishing up high school and then onto college. I used to love Q101, but I burnt out on all that music out. I did the same thing with 80's pop, which was the music of my childhood. And so I starting going farther back and enjoyed 70's music. And now I find myself listening to more modern pop. It's all about hearing something different that I haven't burnt out on.

Yeah, the early '90s was a great time for music. (Of course, every year is a great time for music if you look in the right places.) I actually made sure to listen to Saturday Morning Flashback the other day because it was 1990. But I get you on the burnout factor; we never really let go of that last gasp of "modern rock."

I was going to link to an interesting Idolator post on the taxonomy of modern rock I've had bookmarked for years because it's relevant to this sidebar but somehow the formatting got all jacked up so I have to link to an archived/cached version: http://archive.is/lbLkB

The stuff that ended around 1992-1996 never really went away, I feel, while later movements like crossover emo and nu-metal have been dead and buried for years.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 am 

pittmike wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

yes I do.

I see what you did there.

yeah, if I was the social media director of that station, I wouldn't want that on my resume/linkedin...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 am 

If you're the PD at WMVP, how much does it kill you to have to pipe in that national show every morning when you have full knowledge that you could put together a local show which would beat M&H?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:07 am 

Hey, let's hear it for public radio spanking everyone but 'BBM and ethnic programming (Steve Harvey for really black people, the WOJO crew for really Hispanic people, Eric and Kathy for really white people).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
If you're the PD at WMVP, how much does it kill you to have to pipe in that national show every morning when you have full knowledge that you could put together a local show which would beat M&H?

I thought that they are not obligated to pick up the new Mike and his Kid morning show. Maybe things change?

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:09 am 

pittmike wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

I thought that they are not obligated to pick up the new Mike and his Kid morning show. Maybe things change?

They could really spank 670 if they go the local route in the morning.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:10 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Hey, let's hear it for public radio spanking everyone but 'BBM and ethnic programming (Steve Harvey for really black people, the WOJO crew for really Hispanic people, Eric and Kathy for really white people).

Yeah I saw that and smiled because I believe it was Mac who used to make negative references about WBEZ. In any case, WBEZ is great programming and am sorry we had to part ways.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:12 am 

I'm actually kinda down on WBEZ for some of their programming decisions, a lot of which stem from "we need to build a studio on Navy Pier, whoops, we're poor."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:23 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
I'm actually kinda down on WBEZ for some of their programming decisions, a lot of which stem from "we need to build a studio on Navy Pier, whoops, we're poor."

I was a loyal listener for about 10 years. It is one of the few places where you can get pretty independent minded long form reporting. They really dig into issues. Although I would debate this point with my right leaning friends, the on air programming never showed obvious bias. I felt there were truly fair to both sides.

They always begged for money. I felt bad for them because they put out such a valuable product. Fox News was minting money with propaganda, and WBEZ (and PBS) was starved for funds.

I continue to struggle with being open minded and looking at issues without regard to party affiliation. This is one place where I failed, and I was bitter about the way they treated Mara Liasson and Juan Williams. At that point in my life, I still watched Fox News.

Now I am so jaded that I dislike Republicans and Fox News more than Democrats and CNN. Hard to believe given how many Republican campaigns I worked on.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: V & N
Would love to see the afternoon drive ratings. Got to believe the Scores now crappy show in that time slot has seen its ratings tank. Gotta believe Goff has driven off quite a few regular listeners like me.

Score morning show is any easy listen after waking and baking. Glad to see those 2 complete clowns on AM 1000 doing about what I'd expect for an irrelevant show.