It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
Damn, Q101 and 890 are losing to a computer that plays "What a Fool Believes" by the Doobie Brothers.

:lol: :lol:

Remember when people here blamed the near 0.0 ratings of The Game on people having radios that couldn't tune to 87.7?

that was kinda true...when my house radio that got that station broke, my car radio did not go back to that station...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
On another issue,Chris Boden was a solid pro but was let go by CSN after 10 years. Obviously a salary move. You get penalized in this country for slowly working your way up the financial ladder.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
jimmypasta wrote:
On another issue,Chris Boden was a solid pro but was let go by CSN after 10 years. Obviously a salary move. You get penalized in this country for slowly working your way up the financial ladder.

I assume CSN is being hurt by the same forces that are slowing ESPN down (23% decline in profits this quarter). And in that business, salaries are the major controllable cost. Businesses lay off people at all pay scales when they are hurting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:04 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
denisdman wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

I assume CSN is being hurt by the same forces that are slowing ESPN down (23% decline in profits this quarter). And in that business, salaries are the major controllable cost. Businesses lay off people at all pay scales when they are hurting.

Let's get rid of "Boden" and bring in some "college fresh" at half the salary is a statement at EVERY company. The first guys to go are the ones making the most dollars.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
jimmypasta wrote:
denisdman wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

Let's get rid of "Boden" and bring in some "college fresh" at half the salary is a statement at EVERY company. The first guys to go are the ones making the most dollars.

Jimmy after you died, why didn't your company offer to bring you back at a lower salary ?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Barraco's
Curious Hair wrote:
denisdman wrote:
CH probably has access to that data.

I wish. I'm eating from the same trough as everyone else.

ChiefWampum wrote:
I'm shocked Q101 is down so low.

I'm not. Their rotation is too tight, the jocks are bad, and the imaging is the worst. (Now I'm not so deluded as to think normal 21-year-olds listen to Q101 and say "ugh, this imaging is terrible!", but I know what makes people cringe, and a Professional Radio Announcer doing fellow-kids shit is cringe.) It's a good listen for about one set and then you change the station during the break and don't hurry back. I think their PD has realized what everyone else has realized, which is that "mainstream" modern alternative isn't in the best place right now (see all the grousing about what a weak Lolla this was), and they've tried to dial that back in favor of more recurrents and golds, but even that just manifests itself as still too much Record Company, still too much Cage the Elephant, and then something off Nevermind. And of course the issue there is that once you start leaning on your library a bit harder, why not listen to the Drive or XRT instead, who do it better? So basically their lot is to be B96/Kiss FM for kids who like "Real Music" and just hope the shit they're running into the ground this month doesn't suck.

The alt-backspace show they do on Sunday mornings where it's all '90s alternative is really good, though. They play Bjork, which XRT refuses to.

I share your feelings about the current state of alternative. I just assumed there were enough people willing to sit through it, though. The current bands that connect with me are the ones who play your traditional instruments - Highly Suspect, Royal Blood, Biffy Clyro, etc... A few guys with guitars and a drummer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:24 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
denisdman wrote:
jimmypasta wrote:

TRAB, Jimmy

They're running a business