It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yes. I am.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:49 am 

Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Does he sound like he really knows him?

Interesting question. I feel like he was giving him the benefit of the doubt on somethings and I don't think it's deserved.

I feel differently.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:50 am 

Dan, good luck with your new endeavor. There are a lot of people out here pulling for you.

Any thoughts on the North "retirement"?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:51 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Douchebag wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Interesting question. I feel like he was giving him the benefit of the doubt on somethings and I don't think it's deserved.

I feel differently.

Why? Just the way you feel?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:53 am 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I think your assessment of Dan is generous. Even in a difficult year he lacks humility to the point I would question it being a veneer. I also question his sympathies and motives. Being right seems to be his driving force, he can always then point to being good. He seeks approval from authority and loves moral indignation. That attitude doesn't go over well in peer groups when you are young. It can be an even worse look at his age. He probably could not get out of his own way when he was younger.

While I'd agree his hostility and often contemptuous disposition isn't an accident it's possible it's a result of being awkward or not well liked in almost every phase and situation in life. Ironically, he doesn't use his best gift - his intelligence - for "good." He uses that to belittle people, especially if they don't agree with him. People want to follow him but he seems like a shitty leader. It makes me question his intelligence or he is fragile and everything about him is some sort of facade? I'd feel bad for him if he didn't come off like such a condescending, colossal, assbag most of the time.

Good Luck. I hope you find peace and joy, now and in the future.

I also disagree with Mac's assessment of Bernstein that he based on knowing him for several years.

He'd know him better than anyone on the board unless someone on this board is related to him or a former co-worker.

It is a slightly superior but ultimately superficial knowledge, like we all have with most of our co workers.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I don't think so. I thought you're the Mac guy and here I am defending him from you? He's had two separate stints at 670, went out on the road at various times with him as he mentioned, is very friendly with Bernstein's partner of more than ten years, and so on. I don't think his knowledge is "superficial." I'd certainly take his opinions over what Spaulding feels she knows about someone she listens to on the radio.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:04 pm 
1000 CLUB

A few questions for Mac:

1) What was it that took the joy out of the radio gig for you?
2) When they broke up the original Score lineup, was it always supposed to be you and Jiggs and Terry with Dan? Were other options considered?
3) I know you offered to work overnights with Les until your contract expired. What made the show with Jiggs so unworkable for you?
4) Did you and Jiggs ever patch things up?
5) When Tom Shaer left - were other options considered aside from Norm and Doug? I know everyone loved Doug, but that was a horrible show.
6) Why did Memolo get bounced?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:09 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I don't think so. I thought you're the Mac guy and here I am defending him from you? He's had two separate stints at 670, went out on the road at various times with him as he mentioned, is very friendly with Bernstein's partner of more than ten years, and so on. I don't think his knowledge is "superficial." I'd certainly take his opinions over what Spaulding feels she knows about someone she listens to on the radio.

He knows him better than Spaulding. Hurrah!

This isn't a situation of defense or assault. I'm not assaulting.

I'd say Dan Mc Neil has closer relationships with several of his listeners than he has with Bernstein. It's a professional relationship.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
A few questions for Mac:

1) What was it that took the joy out of the radio gig for you?
2) When they broke up the original Score lineup, was it always supposed to be you and Jiggs and Terry with Dan? Were other options considered?
3) I know you offered to work overnights with Les until your contract expired. What made the show with Jiggs so unworkable for you?
4) Did you and Jiggs ever patch things up?
5) When Tom Shaer left - were other options considered aside from Norm and Doug? I know everyone loved Doug, but that was a horrible show.
6) Why did Memolo get bounced?

Mac used to call Memolo "Jim Monologue." :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Nas wrote:
They aren't your "meat and potatoes" hosts. The Score needs a meatball guy.

Shep is probably the closest to that. Dustin Rhodes is a true meatball, but he is annoying as hell.

Kap would be the perfect alternative to Dan and his clones.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:17 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I'd say Dan Mc Neil has closer relationships with several of his listeners than he has with Bernstein. It's a professional relationship.

You're ignoring the context of the post of mine that you quoted originally. The post suggested Spaulding was silly for disagreeing with Mac's take on Bernstein, as if she or any listener would know more about Bernstein's personality than someone who has known him for years, whether Mac developed that knowledge via "professional relationship" or whatever. And you saying Mac has a closer relationship with this listeners than he does with Bernstein doesn't mean the listeners know Bernstein better than Mac.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:18 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
FrankDrebin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Shep is probably the closest to that. Dustin Rhodes is a true meatball, but he is annoying as hell.

You need one of those guys who likes a good argument and won't back down.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
veganfan21 wrote:

I also disagree with Mac's assessment of Bernstein that he based on knowing him for several years.

Is drinky's assessment more accurate than Mac's?

I could be way off but I don't think so. I think there have been enough stories or enough times when his personality comes out. It's been discussed here. If you want to go with that's his radio bit/personality, you can, but that's what Mac knows also. Bernstein is very careful at work. If Mac did not have the success he did there isn't much doubt Bernstein would've have been as shitty to him as he was to drinky.

In person I think Bernstein has been polite. He's intense and socially awkward. Only knock was he tried pushing Baffoe on us.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You're ignoring the context of the post of mine that you quoted originally. The post suggested Spaulding was silly for disagreeing with Mac's take on Bernstein, as if she or any listener would know more about Bernstein's personality than someone who has known him for years, whether Mac developed that knowledge via "professional relationship" or whatever. And you saying Mac has a closer relationship with this listeners than he does with Bernstein doesn't mean the listeners know Bernstein better than Mac.

I'm not ignoring the context. I'm saying neither has a sufficiently reliable level of knowledge. 2+2=5 is not more correct than 2+2=6.

I reference his relationship with some listeners not to show listeners have knowledge of Bernstein but to show that Mc Neil has far more developed relationships whose nexus is the Score than he does with Bernstein.

The years of working with Bernstein give him superior knowledge of things like his donative nature. I don't think a superficial knowledge lends any greater validity to his thoughts on Bernstein's psyche.

Last edited by good dolphin on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Nas wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Does Brick have a good voice?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

FrankDrebin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Listened to Shep a little on Sunday after the game.

He is a far better listen now, then he was a year ago.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:45 pm 
Site Admin

pittmike wrote:
Nas wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Nas wrote:

Does Brick have a good voice?

Tom Shaer II would fare no better than the original.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:46 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: She knows it from being a long time listener to B&B.

Douchebag wrote:
I feel differently.

Whatever response you both are looking for pretend you got it. Remember with each one of these comments sometimes it's yourselves that end up looking like the asshole and not your intended target. Continuer à publier!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:51 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Is drinky's assessment more accurate than Mac's?

I could be way off but I don't think so. I think there have been enough stories or enough times when his personality comes out. It's been discussed here. If you want to go with that's his radio bit/personality, you can, but that's what Mac knows also. Bernstein is very careful at work. If Mac did not have the success he did there isn't much doubt Bernstein would've have been as shitty to him as he was to drinky.

In person I think Bernstein has been polite. He's intense and socially awkward. Only knock was he tried pushing Baffoe on us.

Yes, I think co-workers of his who've spent years with him know more about Bernstein than anyone here. And, no, Mac's knowledge is not limited to Bernstein's "radio bit/personality." Did you read Mac's post? He listed many anecdotes there about time he's spent with Bernstein outside of work.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:53 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: She knows it from being a long time listener to B&B.

Douchebag wrote:
I feel differently.

Whatever response you both are looking for pretend you got it. Remember with each one of these comments sometimes it's yourselves that end up looking like the asshole and not your intended target. Continuer à publier!
I'm laughing at you trying to speak about Bernstein when you barely listen if at all. You've got some weird fascination with him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:54 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Yes, I think co-workers of his who've spent years with him know more about Bernstein than anyone here. And, no, Mac's knowledge is not limited to Bernstein's "radio bit/personality." Did you read Mac's post? He listed many anecdotes there about time he's spent with Bernstein outside of work.

So drinky could be right?

Bernstein seems like one of those people that would always be on in front of coworkers and he's socially awkward.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:01 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm laughing at you trying to speak about Bernstein when you barely listen if at all. You've got some weird fascination with him.

Your laughing makes me more confident that I could be right. I don't think your judgement(s) in this area often accurate.

You have some weird fascinations with people too.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:06 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Your laughing makes me more confident that I could be right. I don't think your judgement(s) in this area often accurate.

You have some weird fascinations with people too.
My judgement may not be right on this but it certainly is more accurate than someone who never listens to Bernstein and certainly didn't know him like Mac does.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:11 pm 

Certainly.

So do you wake up everyday and formulate a plan on how you can respond to things as dickishly as possible to set the tone for a conversation or are you just usually inspired by the moment?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:12 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
Certainly.

So do you wake up everyday and formulate a plan on how you can respond to things as dickishly as possible to set the tone for a conversation or are you just usually inspired by the moment?
I don't think I'm the one setting the tone here.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:29 pm 

No, not you. Never you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:53 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

I'm not ignoring the context. I'm saying neither has a sufficiently reliable level of knowledge. 2+2=5 is not more correct than 2+2=6.

I reference his relationship with some listeners not to show listeners have knowledge of Bernstein but to show that Mc Neil has far more developed relationships whose nexus is the Score than he does with Bernstein.

The years of working with Bernstein give him superior knowledge of things like his donative nature. I don't think a superficial knowledge lends any greater validity to his thoughts on Bernstein's psyche.

Not sure how you're able to distinguish between Mac having superior knowledge of things like Berstein's attitudes/activities on charity and then only superficial knowledge of his psyche. Regardless of how Mac may be closer to his listeners than he is to Berstein, he still knows more about Bernstein than anyone here. His opinion about Bernstein's psyche holds more weight than your opinion, or mine, or that of any other listener.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:54 pm 

It's a shame that Spaulding is calling Mac a liar. I thought she was one of his biggest fans.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:55 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

So drinky could be right?

Bernstein seems like one of those people that would always be on in front of coworkers and he's socially awkward.

I don't know what Drinky has said but yeah I'd say he knows more than you or me. Bernstein can only seem some way to you and I but others, like Mac, are able to tell you how he actually is. Maybe that confirms what you suspect and maybe it doesn't - I think his opinions hold more weight than ours.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I said this almost 10 years ago and I will say it again; some of you are weirdly involved in the lives of people you listen to on the radio. Or in the cause of Mac, used to listen to years ago until he became irrelevant.

They aren't your friends and you don't know anything about them. Remotes are a sales tool. They aren't trying to invite you to their BBQ's.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:00 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

Not sure how you're able to distinguish between Mac having superior knowledge of things like Berstein's attitudes/activities on charity and then only superficial knowledge of his psyche. Regardless of how Mac may be closer to his listeners than he is to Berstein, he still knows more about Bernstein than anyone here. His opinion about Bernstein's psyche holds more weight than your opinion, or mine, or that of any other listener.

It's pretty easily distinguishable when he says that he knows Dan gives to charity but can only speculate as to something in his past that makes him who he is today.

I would have never guessed Bob from accounting would have a head stored in his refrigerator after the deep conversation we had at the Christmas party.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next