It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yes. I am.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
IMU wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
IMU wrote:
Mac will be a pariah among the salesmen within 6 months. The sales floor will become a circus of mic sniffers.

The rising tide lifts all ships, Pokey.

You might not know a lot about dealerships, so I'll explain one of the basic tenets to you: The salesmen compete against each other for the ever dwindling walk-in, and the internet sales manager scoops up the rest.

Mac will be the carnival attraction, and the sales guys will get extremely annoyed with the constant "I'm here for Mac.' Knowing that experienced sales guys would convert many of those into sales, and Mac will not.

You are funny.

How many people can you successfully handle at one time, Mr. Rizza?

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:43 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Panther pislA wrote:
Nas wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
If you have any kind of fame and/or public recognition, you can easily make high six figures in retail sales, be it realty, insurance, cars, or the like.

Immediate ice-breaker, lead-generator, and comfort-level provider that the lay-salesperson will never have.

In essence, the client "pays" to add a public figure as a "friend" - everyone wins! Wise choice, Mac, as we are all whores in some way anyhow. Shake what ya got.

This is all true, Mac should probably announce his new job publicly on his FB as he has thousands of followers and if they are in the market for a Ford truck, they would go out of their way to find him at the dealership.

Seriously Mac, you could make a decent living with this gig as lead generation is the name of the game.

Also, the advantage of selling cars over insurance, houses, etc is there is no courses needed, no state licensing, no dues, and no continuing education requirements that serve as hefty, hindering and annoying overhead on the other sales professions.

You also make less money and there are no residuals.

Well, the #1 rule in commissioned sales is "Sell the most expensive shit you can".

Of course, the drip on selling heavy equipment, etc is probably a lot bigger per unit, but with the more expensive items, you may need more technical knowledge and/or experience.

My childhood buddy, on a whim (after seeing the movie 'Step-Brothers', I believe), decided he wanted to look into selling helicopters. I told him I didn't know anybody who did that, and that he should Google or make some calls around to see how to get in to that profession. He found that there are pretty much two types of people who are able to sell choppers: Mechanical Engineers and former military/pilots. lol dead end for my bud. Now he is a union carpenter.

Anyhow, Mac, I like how you are looking to do something new, whilst doing something old, whilst also looking to grow.

As I see it, I really think you should approach the Webb boys about doing a daily show LIVE right from their showroom floor. They would fund the show, and it would be an incredible draw. Even on the internet, I think it would be a huge hit, and it would bring droves of people into the showroom. It would be like having a remote every day.

No it isn't. That's the mentality that will have you broke and out of sales quickly. Singles and doubles are the way to go to sustain a decent income. The home runs always come. What's a home run commission for a new car? $500?

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:44 pm 

I worked with Joe Rizza's nephew years back

He would always call him "My Uncle Joe Rizza", which made me chuckle.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:56 pm 

Nas wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
Nas wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Panther pislA wrote:
If you have any kind of fame and/or public recognition, you can easily make high six figures in retail sales, be it realty, insurance, cars, or the like.

Immediate ice-breaker, lead-generator, and comfort-level provider that the lay-salesperson will never have.

In essence, the client "pays" to add a public figure as a "friend" - everyone wins! Wise choice, Mac, as we are all whores in some way anyhow. Shake what ya got.

This is all true, Mac should probably announce his new job publicly on his FB as he has thousands of followers and if they are in the market for a Ford truck, they would go out of their way to find him at the dealership.

Seriously Mac, you could make a decent living with this gig as lead generation is the name of the game.

Also, the advantage of selling cars over insurance, houses, etc is there is no courses needed, no state licensing, no dues, and no continuing education requirements that serve as hefty, hindering and annoying overhead on the other sales professions.

You also make less money and there are no residuals.

Well, the #1 rule in commissioned sales is "Sell the most expensive shit you can".

Of course, the drip on selling heavy equipment, etc is probably a lot bigger per unit, but with the more expensive items, you may need more technical knowledge and/or experience.

My childhood buddy, on a whim (after seeing the movie 'Step-Brothers', I believe), decided he wanted to look into selling helicopters. I told him I didn't know anybody who did that, and that he should Google or make some calls around to see how to get in to that profession. He found that there are pretty much two types of people who are able to sell choppers: Mechanical Engineers and former military/pilots. lol dead end for my bud. Now he is a union carpenter.

Anyhow, Mac, I like how you are looking to do something new, whilst doing something old, whilst also looking to grow.

As I see it, I really think you should approach the Webb boys about doing a daily show LIVE right from their showroom floor. They would fund the show, and it would be an incredible draw. Even on the internet, I think it would be a huge hit, and it would bring droves of people into the showroom. It would be like having a remote every day.

No it isn't. That's the mentality that will have you broke and out of sales quickly. Singles and doubles are the way to go to sustain a decent income. The home runs always come. What's a home run commission for a new car? $500?

Heck no. I disagree.

These days, its all about Launch Angle and the long ball, Nasty!

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:07 pm 
100000 CLUB

You know what happens when people think you were fair with them or that they "won" the negotiations? They want to so business with you again and they tell everyone about you. You know what happens when you screw someone? They don't want to do business with you and they may want to kill you. They also tell everyone about you. In my world $100 isn't worth dying over. Hit the home runs when they're there but getting on base is the most important thing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Heath insurance is a bitch. Working so that you know Patrick can be secure for the rest of his life is an act of fatherly love.

Unfortunately, I'm a Chevy Equinox guy - they ruined the last updates of the Edge and the Explorer. My 97 Explorer V8 with true AWD was a beast, except it started routinely throwing belt assemblies at 80,000 miles and kept on stranding me 50 miles from home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:12 pm 

Nas wrote:
You know what happens when people think you were fair with them or that they "won" the negotiations? They want to so business with you again and they tell everyone about you. You know what happens when you screw someone? They don't want to do business with you and they may want to kill you. They also tell everyone about you. In my world $100 isn't worth dying over. Hit the home runs when they're there but getting on base is the most important thing.

I disagree 100%.

What would you rather sell? Fords or Mercedes'? I will bet you a dollar versus your dime that Mercedes salespeople make more coin annually.

Mac can make his money there by making rain, not by working the showroom assembly-line as a scrounger.

Shit, he would probably be best and most efficiently used as a closer. That way, everybody wins.

I apologize to The Hawk

Last edited by Panther pislA on Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:12 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Heath insurance is a bitch. Working so that you know Patrick can be secure for the rest of his life is an act of fatherly love.

Unfortunately, I'm a Chevy Equinox guy - they ruined the last updates of the Edge and the Explorer. My 97 Explorer V8 with true AWD was a beast, except it started routinely throwing belt assemblies at 80,000 miles and kept on stranding me 50 miles from home.

Are you actually Chet?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beerdown wrote:
HOOP THERE IT IS.

Inspired.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Heath insurance is a bitch.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:27 pm 
100000 CLUB

Panther pislA wrote:
Nas wrote:

I disagree 100%.

What would you rather sell? Fords or Mercedes'? I will bet you a dollar versus your dime that Mercedes salespeople make more coin annually.

Mac can make his money there by making rain, not by working the showroom assembly-line as a scrounger.

Shit, he would probably be best and most efficiently used as a closer. That way, everybody wins.

Of course Mercedes. You're dealing with a different kind of buyer and a different market. The woman selling mansions probably doesn't care much about starter homes.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Actually, I wonder what the average or median sale price for Ford F Series trucks are versus the most commonly sold Mercedes... the CLA, C Class and E Class. The GLA is also cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
rogers park bryan wrote:

Are you actually Chet?

Let me ask Dale Brown and get back to you.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
IMU wrote:
Actually, I wonder what the average or median sale price for Ford F Series trucks are versus the most commonly sold Mercedes... the CLA, C Class and E Class. The GLA is also cheap.

The super dutys easily go over 60k if memory serves me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
If Mac is truly dedicated to this he could make good dough. Who wants to work hard at that age?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:45 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
If Mac is truly dedicated to this he could make good dough. Who wants to work hard at that age?

A guy with a son who needs him to work that hard.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:47 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Hatchetman wrote:
Mac has a mother-in-law to do this hard work.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:50 pm 

ok we'll see

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:51 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogers park bryan wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Exactly! Mac isn't doing this because he's bored. Besides he said he needs to make 6 figures for another 10 years before calling it quits. Hopefully he gets it but he's definitely going to work for it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:56 pm 

This was obvious when Mac created the screen name: Mac F(ord)M(otors)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:57 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
ok we'll see

Are you predicting it wont last?

Im not saying it will or wont. Just to be clear.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:07 pm 

I dunno. Seems like life is mostly a young persons game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
American made cars suck. #neveragain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:10 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

I hear ya.

I imagine the turnover in dealerships is pretty crazy, too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
This was obvious when Mac created the screen name: Mac F(ord)M(otors)

This joke took you that long to come up with?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:21 pm 

Nas wrote:

Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:22 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

Nah, just think about it: if you are going out to buy a car anyways, wouldn't you rather have a cool story to tell afterwards?

Mac can do very well.

He will not be worried about the other salesmens' feelings anyhow, as 50% of the current crew will probably be gone by next year. High turnover job, as RPB said.

I apologize to The Hawk

Last edited by Panther pislA on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Keyser Soze wrote:
Nas wrote:

Pigs get fat. Hogs get slaughtered.
Tim Anderson is a hog.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Good luck in your endeavors Mac.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Il-Forno in Deerfield
I'm surprised no one has referenced the Curb Your Enthusiasm episode where Larry tries to sell Toyotas.

I hope you are successful and enjoy it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next