It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Yes. I am.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Mac, I heard a commercial for NuMale and the Low T treatments this morning, and I am curious if they actually worked for you or if you were just doing
the reads on air for the dough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:37 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
I think your assessment of Dan is generous. Even in a difficult year he lacks humility to the point I would question it being a veneer. I also question his sympathies and motives. Being right seems to be his driving force, he can always then point to being good. He seeks approval from authority and loves moral indignation. That attitude doesn't go over well in peer groups when you are young. It can be an even worse look at his age. He probably could not get out of his own way when he was younger.

While I'd agree his hostility and often contemptuous disposition isn't an accident it's possible it's a result of being awkward or not well liked in almost every phase and situation in life. Ironically, he doesn't use his best gift - his intelligence - for "good." He uses that to belittle people, especially if they don't agree with him. People want to follow him but he seems like a shitty leader. It makes me question his intelligence or he is fragile and everything about him is some sort of facade? I'd feel bad for him if he didn't come off like such a condescending, colossal, assbag most of the time.

Good Luck. I hope you find peace and joy, now and in the future.

I also disagree with Mac's assessment of Bernstein that he based on knowing him for several years.

:lol: :lol: excellent, and exactly my thoughts

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
T-bone:

Regarding low T center injections.... yes, they helped. Energy level was better. Was pulling the goalie like it was 1976. But I got scared. There isn't enough long-term research on the effects. We've only had this fascination about T-levels for the last 15 years or so, so nobody really can say. Secondly, raising your T levels thickens your blood. I have a mild heart condition called patent ovale foramen, which means I can't run that risk. I take a baby aspirin every night to thin the ruby red caruvy (Clockwork Orange reference). That condition, by the way, is present in about 10 percent of men. Very few actually know they have it, and not taking care of it can cause a cardiac embolism or stroke. Best for all men over 40 to spend as much time with their internist, cardiologist, urologist, etc. as they'll give you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Your doc can include your T level in your basic blood work tests.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Mac, presuming you're aware of the antics of Julie DiCaro on twitter (and on the station when she gets a shift): Why is that kind of antagonistic politicizing allowed (and in a way, rewarded with a bigger on-air presence) by the higher-ups at the station?

Does Mitch really think that kind of stuff will play for the long-term success of the station, like the next wave of product-buying listeners want to hear about how much white males of some means suck and should die because they're all rape machines that hate minorities?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:20 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
Mac,

Why did WDRV replace McMurray, Voltmer, and their producer (whose name I can't remember) with Sherman and Tingle? The latter don't really do anything all that different than the former. Did they intend on replacing them with a new show after you left, or did they not decide that until later?

Wasted opportunity not replacing Kathy Hart with whichever one of them does the good Kathy Hart impression.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:07 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
Mac FM wrote:
T-bone:

Regarding low T center injections.... yes, they helped. Energy level was better. Was pulling the goalie like it was 1976. But I got scared. There isn't enough long-term research on the effects. We've only had this fascination about T-levels for the last 15 years or so, so nobody really can say. Secondly, raising your T levels thickens your blood. I have a mild heart condition called patent ovale foramen, which means I can't run that risk. I take a baby aspirin every night to thin the ruby red caruvy (Clockwork Orange reference). That condition, by the way, is present in about 10 percent of men. Very few actually know they have it, and not taking care of it can cause a cardiac embolism or stroke. Best for all men over 40 to spend as much time with their internist, cardiologist, urologist, etc. as they'll give you.

Thanks for your candor on the subject. I'm 41, and like most over 40, just don't feel like I used to. After golf season ends in a few weeks I am going to
try to get into the gym and knock off this weight, maybe hire a trainer, but was just curious if the low-T was a legit option. I just had blood drawn about
a month ago, and I will go back and check to see if the T levels are listed on the paperwork. The nurse told me everything was well within range but I felt
like I was going to have some kind of episode. Pretty sure it was stress related.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:13 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
I heard a podcast somewhere where the guy was talking about raising your T with the right diet, exercise, stress management, that sort of thing. said MANY people are able to. said the shots can just kill your own T production.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:16 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
I heard a podcast somewhere where the guy was talking about raising your T with the right diet, exercise, stress management, that sort of thing. said MANY people are able to. said the shots can just kill your own T production.

Yeah. They are a bad idea for anyone who doesn't have a real medical reason for it. That's why they spend so much money on advertising rather than just letting the science make it an easy choice by doctors.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:45 pm 

Mac's best show by far was his Thursday show. It had solid guests,great banter, and was a nice length.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:18 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Mac, I have given you some slack here, but I have also been quite supportive most of the time. Just wanted you to know that, in case you were wondering if you were too cool to respond to any of my posts/questions/observations. :wink:

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:22 pm 

Thanks, Quadrophenia. I'm Finding My Way (anybody????).

I don't know anything about Julie D.'s angles. Honestly, I haven't followed it. All I know is there is a 5,000 post thread here about her. Shit, that's more ink than the Tribune gave to Kaplan a few wks ago. That, in and of itself, was quite ... humorous. I hope Dan Wiederer gets paid by the word for having to capture the spirit of the thing in Chicago (anybody????).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:35 pm 

Mac FM wrote:
Thanks, Quadrophenia. I'm Finding My Way (anybody????).

I don't know anything about Julie D.'s angles. Honestly, I haven't followed it. All I know is there is a 5,000 post thread here about her. Shit, that's more ink than the Tribune gave to Kaplan a few wks ago. That, in and of itself, was quite ... humorous. I hope Dan Wiederer gets paid by the word for having to capture the spirit of the thing in Chicago (anybody????).
:lol: Awesome reply.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Rush: First song/(arguably) best song symmetry: catch it.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Mac FM wrote:
I don't know anything about Julie D.'s angles.

Round things have no angles....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:21 pm 

DannyB wins the washer and dryer.

I love that first Rush album. And Finding My Way absolutely represents the beautiful noise produced by those three guys (though it was John Rutsey, not Neil Peart on the debut album).

Panther, I'm sorry... you say something? ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:29 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
FrankDrebin wrote:
Oak Park Vandy with an appearance on today's show

I’m sure my invite is in the mail.

Let’s peg the meters!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ignoring my questions Mac?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Well if Dicky Dunn wrote it, it must be true.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:42 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
C_Howitt_Fealz wrote:
Ignoring my questions Mac?
Hopefully.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Mac, does Mitch Rosen have a thing for whiny liberal men? Seems like he has cornered the market in sports talk.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

I guess Mac needs to get a plan. He'll get it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Yeah. They are a bad idea for anyone who doesn't have a real medical reason for it. That's why they spend so much money on advertising rather than just letting the science make it an easy choice by doctors.

I think your post is sincere, but nevertheless I have to invoke Poe's Law. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Seacrest wrote:
FrankDrebin wrote:
Nas wrote:
They aren't your "meat and potatoes" hosts. The Score needs a meatball guy.

Shep is probably the closest to that. Dustin Rhodes is a true meatball, but he is annoying as hell.

Kap would be the perfect alternative to Dan and his clones.

Listened to Shep a little on Sunday after the game.

He is a far better listen now, then he was a year ago.

Unnecessary comma thanks you for your business.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
IMU wrote:
I said this almost 10 years ago and I will say it again; some of you are weirdly involved in the lives of people you listen to on the radio. Or in the cause of Mac, used to listen to years ago until he became irrelevant.

They aren't your friends and you don't know anything about them. Remotes are a sales tool. They aren't trying to invite you to their BBQ's.

Saw mac at double door oh what now, 10 years ago or so? That was probably the night of the loud queen coming out and falling in love with an unnamed board member. Anyhow, mac was a really great guy to hang with for a few hours. Spent time chatting with my wife and i, cheered for the bands together. He wasn't selling anything that day. He was just an interesting dude in a bar for a band we went to see. He was quite engaging actually. Asked about us quite a bit. Didn't just ramble on about himself. Maybe it's because we didn't chat about radio shit with him at the time.

And he's clearly not irreverent. He'll he got you posting in his thread and you're the most important poster on the board according to you.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
I'm glad my posting habits help you decide on what is relevant.

Anyway, I post in many threads. I enjoy spending time with the commoners. It helps in keeping my ear to the ground.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8