Post subject: Re: Summer ratings
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:11 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
B&G are #1 in their timeslot.

Quote:
Where ESPN 1000 received its biggest win was in PM drive between 2p-6p. Waddle and Silvy finished tied for 1st with just over a 5 share. The Score’s team of Bernsein and Goff were three tenths of a point behind in 4th.
What timeslot is B&G in?
What does three tenths of a point behind mean?
Huh?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:16 am 

DAC wrote:
Why are so narrowly viewing this? For 80% of B&G's show they have lower ratings than W&S. To not recognize this and claim victory since their 1 PM-2 PM ratings are better than the ESPN ratings for that hour is completely tone deaf. You hurt your credibility on all your other arguments when you act this way.
We don't know that. W&S may simply have one hour where they dominate. Maybe everyone tunes in to hear Wilbon?

It's simple. B&G are number 1 in their timeslot. Why does it offend you and others so much that this true fact is mentioned?

B&G may end up losing that lead, or they may build up more of an audience given the show is still new compared to the competition. Even then, who cares? B&B lost consistently in the ratings while MJH was around. As long as their bosses and sponsors are happy then it's all good.

You guys care a lot about a show you supposedly don't listen to. Enjoy your victory though. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
[What does three tenths of a point behind mean?
Huh?
This is a simple question.

If they are behind, that clearly means there is somebody in front of them thus they cannot be #1.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:22 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Quote:
Where ESPN 1000 received its biggest win was in PM drive between 2p-6p. Waddle and Silvy finished tied for 1st with just over a 5 share. The Score’s team of Bernsein and Goff were three tenths of a point behind in 4th.
What timeslot is B&G in?

They win a timeslot during which no one else has a show. Since no other station has a 1-6 show they have no competition. Congratulations?

That makes no sense. They are supposed to be #1 in the hours they are on the air. At least so far, they are.

Called it. That's not what you said here, BRick:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Their job is to win 1-6.

WMVP is tied in the ratings with WSCR during those hours, that is not "winning" by any reasonable definition.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:23 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
[What does three tenths of a point behind mean?
Huh?
This is a simple question.

If they are behind, that clearly means there is somebody in front of them thus they cannot be #1.
You told me I was wrong that they are "#1 in their timeslot". Do you know what their timeslot is? It is more than the hours that W&S are on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:25 am 
100000 CLUB

So they are on for longer AND have the added benefit of Cubs games, and still finish behind the FAR SUPERIOR show of Waddle & Silvy.

Thanks for playing.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:26 am 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Quote:
What timeslot is B&G in?

They win a timeslot during which no one else has a show. Since no other station has a 1-6 show they have no competition. Congratulations?

That makes no sense. They are supposed to be #1 in the hours they are on the air. At least so far, they are.

Called it. That's not what you said here, BRick:

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Their job is to win 1-6.

WMVP is tied in the ratings with WSCR during those hours, that is not "winning" by any reasonable definition.
Congratulations on going from pedantic to annoyingly pedantic. You should be proud of constantly harping on something that is such a small difference(winning vs. being in 1st place) that even a guy like me isn't interested in debating.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:26 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Your're not 1st, but you're 1st!

I swear, Brick must write the Common Core curriculum.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:27 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So they are on for longer AND have the added benefit of Cubs games, and still finish behind the FAR SUPERIOR show of Waddle & Silvy.

Just a heads up, BRick likes to pretend that the extra hour of B&G isn't an advantage for them in the ratings, despite him arguing "#1 in their timeslot" over and over and over when confronted with the fact that they are losing handily to the other station's afternoon drive show.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:27 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Thanks for playing.
When you take the extra time they are on, they are not behind the competition. Are you just going to refuse to acknowledge that?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:28 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Congratulations on going from pedantic to annoyingly pedantic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:28 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
that even a guy like me isn't interested in debating.

That's just because you're wrong, though. You'd argue pedantically until the end of time if you had any kind of position, but when you look like an absolute ass about something (like you do now), you call people "obsessed" and suddenly things aren't fun for you anymore. Take your medicine and move on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:29 am 

B&G were trying to actively pimp basketball talk...IN AUGUST. Between that and their liberal twat talk...it's no wonder why their ratings suck even with the Cubs bump. Wait till December with the shitty Bears, Bulls, and 'meh' Hawks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:31 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
Your're not 1st, but you're 1st!

I swear, Brick must write the Common Core curriculum.
They are factually first in their timeslot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Just a heads up, BRick likes to pretend that the extra hour of B&G isn't an advantage for them in the ratings, despite him arguing "#1 in their timeslot" over and over and over when confronted with the fact that they are losing handily to the other station's afternoon drive show.
It may be an advantage or it may be a disadvantage. I like sports radio a lot but I don't think I've ever listened to a full 5 hours of MJH, B&B, or B&G in my life. I'll normally tap out at 1 to 2 hours unless it's around a Bears game that was worth caring about. If I was a W&S listener, I would be listening for 2/4 hours, and if I was a B&G listener, I'd be listening for 2/5 hours.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:32 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
If I was a W&S listener, I would be listening for 2/4 hours, and if I was a B&G listener, I'd be listening for 2/5 hours.

And one half or is more than two fifths, one quarter is more than one fifth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:34 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
that even a guy like me isn't interested in debating.

That's just because you're wrong, though. You'd argue pedantically until the end of time if you had any kind of position, but when you look like an absolute ass about something (like you do now), you call people "obsessed" and suddenly things aren't fun for you anymore. Take your medicine and move on.
Well, I never said they were winning. I just said they were #1 in their timeslot which is a fact. This is why you are being annoyingly pedantic but I'd have to do it too in order to argue this dumb point of yours.

But ok, they aren't winning, they are just #1 in their timeslot. I'm sure everyone is quite upset that I made such a grievous error.

Last edited by Brick on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:35 am 

The extra hour is really irrelevant....When does the transition start 1:15 ish?....that's not THEIR SHOW(but they are on the show) at that point..then you have grab assing, etc..etc...there aren't into their regular programming till 1:30 ish...it is pretty much negligible.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:39 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

But ok, they aren't winning, I'm sure everyone is quite upset that I made such a grievous error.

How have they been doing at their job, then?

Quote:
they are just #1 in their timeslot.

Now I'd like to know why you're leaving out the "tied" descriptor here, because it is certainly relevant. The most accurate way to describe B&G is "tied for #1 with their competition", but you opt for the less accurate terminology.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:39 am 

Think of all the $$$ they had to pay for the Cubs NOT to get their ass kicked by W&S. The profit margins are probably very poor..not sure if it matters since they are under the financial umbrella of CBS...the Cubs do bring the name brand/exposure.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:45 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

But ok, they aren't winning, I'm sure everyone is quite upset that I made such a grievous error.

How have they been doing at their job, then?
Pretty good. Could be a little better to be tied for first rather than first outright though.
Quote:
they are just #1 in their timeslot.

Now I'd like to know why you're leaving out the "tied" descriptor here, because it is certainly relevant. The most accurate way to describe B&G is "tied for #1 with their competition", but you opt for the less accurate terminology.
I could write paragraphs on it but that doesn't change that "#1 in their timeslot" is correct.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I could write paragraphs on it but that doesn't change that "#1 in their timeslot" is correct.

Congratulations on going from pedantic to annoyingly pedantic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:51 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
B&G were trying to actively pimp basketball talk...IN AUGUST. Between that and their liberal twat talk...it's no wonder why their ratings suck even with the Cubs bump. Wait till December with the shitty Bears, Bulls, and 'meh' Hawks.

You didn't enjoy their NBA2k talk yesterday? Goff was big time with his in game purchases. Zpack (or whoever was doing updates) said he was too poor to afford those. Daddy Goff has plenty of cash and not enough time, so he buys the boosts.

Great Show.
Yup.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Caller Bob wrote:
Think of all the $$$ they had to pay for the Cubs NOT to get their ass kicked by W&S. The profit margins are probably very poor..not sure if it matters since they are under the financial umbrella of CBS...the Cubs do bring the name brand/exposure.

It has to be a loss leader. But they did time it perfectly, so the cost isn't nearly as bad as it could have.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
denisdman wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

It has to be a loss leader. But they did time it perfectly, so the cost isn't nearly as bad as it could have.

670 has them for 7 years. It'll only be going downhill as more people abandon radio.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Bianchis
Pretty applicable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAVOZ_c9H5M

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
ESPN 1000 needs go 100 percent local sports. Having no local morning guy just gives people a reason to never turn after Mully and Hanley is over. There's only two shows I like on 670. Mully and Hanley and Les because they stick to sports for the most part. If Mully and Hanley didn't have that god awful 5 @ 5 it would be even better. Would love to see what would happen if ESPN hired a guy like Danny Mac or another old school bad ass in the morning to take on team SJW. I really think if ESPN 1000 hired one more big name next to Kap it could crush 670. Seriously, are people really tuning in for 8 Dan Bernstein's? Give them a decent alternative and it's over

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
my gripe with ESPN is every show sounds like its a re-broadcast from a previous show. that and every show seems to always be one segment away from BIG NBA TALK or COLLEGE RUNDOWN (AUBURN - CLEMSON - ALABAMA)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:53 pm 

B&G lost to W&S and they were broadcasting the reigning baseball champs. Talk about an embarrassment.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:57 pm 

blackhawksfan wrote:
ESPN 1000 needs go 100 percent local sports. Having no local morning guy just gives people a reason to never turn after Mully and Hanley is over. There's only two shows I like on 670. Mully and Hanley and Les because they stick to sports for the most part. If Mully and Hanley didn't have that god awful 5 @ 5 it would be even better. Would love to see what would happen if ESPN hired a guy like Danny Mac or another old school bad ass in the morning to take on team SJW. I really think if ESPN 1000 hired one more big name next to Kap it could crush 670. Seriously, are people really tuning in for 8 Dan Bernstein's? Give them a decent alternative and it's over

M&H is the only Score show I listen to. If 1000 was smart they would look to move to local programming after the Mike's split up.

They would need a big new name to make a dent on M&H. 1000's current stable of fill-ins and contributors can't lead a morning show.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:32 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quadrophenia wrote:
M&H is the only Score show I listen to. If 1000 was smart they would look to move to local programming after the Mike's split up.

Corporate won't let the new morning show go uncleared in Chicago.