It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
You can make the standard warranting dismissal for speech outside of work capacity anything you want, but when that standard is set, it needs to be adhered to.

Schilling was fired for saying bigoted things in a political context, so he would be fired regardless of whether the standard was making bigoted or just political statements.

The problem is, the same standard that got Schilling fired was not equally applied to other ESPN personalities that have said bigoted things in a political context. If the standard is, or was, "saying bigoted things", then Kate Fagan, Sarah Spain, Jemele Hill and the rest of the "ugh, white men" clique among the ESPN rank and file should have been shown the door along with Schilling.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
He was terrible at his job.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:52 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Isn’t that pretty much the epitome of virtue-signaling ?

Ben Finfer (@BenFinfer)
12/16/17, 10:01 AM
It’s not ideal to lose a job and have it written about in a major metropolitan newspaper. But there’s now official record of me being anti-Trump and I’m cool with that.

Regarding the former, he should be used to it by now.

Regarding the latter -- we're all very impressed, Ben.

Touch em all on that one,

Finfer, something to be proud of, being put out on your ass going into Christmas, working in a medium that is in a slow slide to less pay, less employee protection and benefits; there is something
to be proud of middle aged Ben.

Oh and finfer, you lost your job TWICE and it was reported in a major newspaper. The first instance, your employer didnt even think enough of you to treat you like a half a jackass and let
you know before the boom fell on your insignificant little ass. You had to learn from Feder, LIVE on the air on some 300 watt FM station between 85 and 90 left of the dial my man; hang on
to them dreams Wolfman Jack junior.

but, much like Sisyphus, you continued into another copy reading gig as you approach 40 years of age on MVP, if you made 52 grand a year there, I am fucking Idi Amin. Then you either suck eggs,
or let your political twitter grandstanding get your ass fired going into Christmas, and you complain that someone tattled on you like a 8 year old bitch who lost her Mrs. Beazley doll.

Sir, you are a fucktard, gonna be some 50 year old loser, drinking by himself in Hi-Tops "Yea, I used to work in radio.......it 's a tough racket.."

but thanks for letting us know you don't like Trump, maybe Julie D will get you a go fund me or a patreon.

Maybe if you suffer a massive head injury or get a case of Asperger's Syndrome, you can be the Les Grobstien of 2030.

later
Sabu

p.s. Merry Christmas from all the good people of Pottersville

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:55 pm 

I never quite understood the type of person that would openly celebrate the loss of a job belonging to someone that they don't even know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:01 pm 

sabu wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Oh. So Ben is proud that that it got out in the Trib that he's anti Trump. That's awesome, Ben. :roll: He's so delusional.

I've got a question for Ben. Let's say he was a day part host at ESPN 1000. And he's making 250k a year. And the ESPN policy came out. Is Ben tweeting that Trump is a racist? Of course not. We know all know that.

He was a part time back up with no wife or kids. So he didn't really care. He probably wanted to get fired as he knew he was moving on anyway. This just kick started him.

So spare me the grand standing that he's proud that the world knows he hates Trump.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Good riddance fuckface.

#stillyourpresident.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:16 am 
1000 CLUB

We can all rest easy tonight knowing that a former part time sports talker hates Trump. Since Ben made it clear, that makes an even 150 million Americans that hate Trump. But he is the only one willing to get fired to make it clear.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Douchebag wrote:
I never quite understood the type of person that would openly celebrate the loss of a job belonging to someone that they don't even know.

Isn't that one of your idols favorite pastimes?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:55 am 
1000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:

Not celebrating it. Just commenting on the stupidity of it.

In fact, Finfer is the one celebrating his own firing over hating Trump. Like he's a champion. Which is insane.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:12 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
You can make the standard warranting dismissal for speech outside of work capacity anything you want, but when that standard is set, it needs to be adhered to.

Schilling was fired for saying bigoted things in a political context, so he would be fired regardless of whether the standard was making bigoted or just political statements.

The problem is, the same standard that got Schilling fired was not equally applied to other ESPN personalities that have said bigoted things in a political context. If the standard is, or was, "saying bigoted things", then Kate Fagan, Sarah Spain, Jemele Hill and the rest of the "ugh, white men" clique among the ESPN rank and file should have been shown the door along with Schilling.

People see this and they don't like it. Like I said, it bothers me that employers have the muscle to police the ideas of their workers when they are off the clock. But when people see a standard applied unevenly, whether it is for political or some other reasons . . . they really don't like that.

Don't get me wrong: Apart from his getting axed rant on 87.7, Finfer had very little to say.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
We can all rest easy tonight knowing that a former part time sports talker hates Trump. Since Ben made it clear, that makes an even 150 million Americans that hate Trump. But he is the only one willing to get fired to make it clear.

:lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:59 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I'm not sure if F150 Nation would support a guy like Benji in sales. But maybe Mac can get him a job as a service adviser.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 12:36 pm 

Beardown wrote:

The article I saw stated ESPN had decided not renew him before the Trump tweet though. This just expedited it.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:27 pm 

conns7901 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

The article I saw stated ESPN had decided not renew him before the Trump tweet though. This just expedited it.

I guess "white privilege" didn't do anything for him?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
sabu wrote:

This is just about the best gif reply in the history of this board.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:56 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table

Wasn't Schilling a multiple offender though?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:53 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Wasn't Schilling a multiple offender though?

So are Fagan, Spain, and Hill.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:12 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Keyser Soze wrote:
Dumbass. Good riddance

I enjoyed learning of this. He was a total dick to me when I interned at ESPN 1000 ten years ago. What goes around, etc. etc.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Dumbass. Good riddance

I enjoyed learning of this. He was a total dick to me when I interned at ESPN 1000 ten years ago. What goes around, etc. etc.

That kinda surprises me, I would have thought he was a nice guy. How did my guy J Hood treat ya?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:26 am 

312player wrote:
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Dumbass. Good riddance

That kinda surprises me, I would have thought he was a nice guy.

He comes off as a d-bag know it all. I had a few round of what a SJW was with him on twitter. Finfer can go fuck himself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:10 am 

Cashman wrote:
I had a few round of what a SJW was with him on twitter. Finfer can go fuck himself.

Sounds like you were doing some SJW'ing yourself. I bet you told him good.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:17 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Cashman wrote:
I had a few round of what a SJW was with him on twitter. Finfer can go fuck himself.

Sounds like you were doing some SJW'ing yourself. I bet you told him good.

I challenged him to a micro-aggression contest.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:51 am 

Finfer out of work? No shock here..... Funny how all these "very talented" people in radio are constantly out work..... :roll:

Nothing surprises me anymore though, I grew up in an era where the best golfer in the world was black (Tiger), and the
best rapper in the world was white (M&M)....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:22 am 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
312player wrote:
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Dumbass. Good riddance

That kinda surprises me, I would have thought he was a nice guy. How did my guy J Hood treat ya?

Our paths didn't cross much, but he was pretty nice when they did.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:38 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
whatsamotta_u wrote:
312player wrote:
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Dumbass. Good riddance

I'd bet that Bruce Lavine was real Caller Bob, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:23 am 

312player wrote:
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Dumbass. Good riddance

I would have thought that too. He is from the Mac tree and Dan always prided himself on how he treated and tutored interns. That kind of generosity usually is reciprocated.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:28 am 

I have to say that I have always loved the behind the scenes information provided by interns and producers at this site.

I always filter their thoughts with the understanding that they are in these jobs because of professional character flaws but it doesn't mean I don't laugh.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
whatsamotta_u wrote:
312player wrote:
whatsamotta_u wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Dumbass. Good riddance

thank God. I'm a J. Hood guy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 121 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next