It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Danny Mac this morning
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:05 am 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Mac and Parkins talkin NFL on 670 THE SCORE

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:44 am 

Spiegs is sitting at home in the dark listening to this while eating raw cookie dough directly out of a tube with tears streaming down his face

I am admittedly a Mac guy but this sounds great. They have immediate chemistry. Honestly, they sound like they have worked together for years

You don’t bring Mac in after a bad breakup in the past if there isn’t something in the works

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:17 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Spiegs is sitting at home in the dark listening to this while eating raw cookie dough directly out of a tube with tears streaming down his face

I am admittedly a Mac guy but this sounds great. They have immediate chemistry. Honestly, they sound like they have worked together for years

You don’t bring Mac in after a bad breakup in the past if there isn’t something in the works

Yup. It would be strange if this wasn't a sign of something more.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:47 am 

pizza_Place: world famous
Thanks for the heads-up. Something must be cooking in the 670 crock pot.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: Georgio's--Crystal Lake
Very good listen, wouldn't mind a bit more of these two.

Cause tried and true
I see the light in you
Oh, can you dig in my soul?
Could you smell my whole...
life?--Gener and Deaner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:58 am 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
good dolphin wrote:

Agree

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:05 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
His strength is football which is almost over though. How engaged will he be once pitchers and catchers report. The usual Mac fade out then?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:19 am 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
badrogue17 wrote:
His strength is football which is almost over though. How engaged will he be once pitchers and catchers report. The usual Mac fade out then?

Jimmy de Castro recently came from WGN Radio where the Blackhawks are kings.

Other than the twice an hour update, the current Score hosts - in every time slot - generally, ignore the Blackhawks.

Everybody, including JdC knows that Danny Mac is indeed "Chief MacHawk"... Maybe he has some future plans for Dan Mac?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:30 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
I am a little surprised he did not post a heads up here.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:31 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Not sure about that one. Jimmy DeCastro having worked at the Blackhawks' flagship among other places in his life (may have even been at 1000 when they had the Hawks) does not make him an advocate for Blackhawks talk. Maybe DeCastro has a good enough relationship with McDonough that the Score's anti-Hawks bias will be worked on? But McDonough's been working on that case for years and what has it gotten him?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:03 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mac on Sundays.

Just leaked out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:05 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Mac on Sundays.

Just leaked out.

Yep - next Sunday on from 7pm - 10pm to wrap up NFL games.

Not sure if solo?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:11 pm 

I think the fact that he has his F-150 back in the 670 parking lot at all speaks volumes . That wasn’t happening before . I’m guessing there’s a lot more to come .

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Curious Hair wrote:
Not sure about that one. Jimmy DeCastro having worked at the Blackhawks' flagship among other places in his life (may have even been at 1000 when they had the Hawks) does not make him an advocate for Blackhawks talk. Maybe DeCastro has a good enough relationship with McDonough that the Score's anti-Hawks bias will be worked on? But McDonough's been working on that case for years and what has it gotten him?

There are more people that PTFB once hockey talk starts, then people who want to stay and listen to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Mac has said that a Rozner-like role was preferable to his own full time show. A role for Mac which includes a Sunday night Blackhawks-focused show in the NFL off-season, leading their Sunday NFL postgame instead of Hub, and being a Rozner-like sub for 9am-10pm could get Mac 350 hours of airtime a year. And he could still do his podcast and get cross promotion for it and maybe some advertisers.

Last edited by Chet Coppock's Fur Coat on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Well that is good. Hope it leads to big things.

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:13 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
I think the fact that he has his F-150 back in the 670 parking lot at all speaks volumes . That wasn’t happening before . I’m guessing there’s a lot more to come .

A few minutes ago, when referring to The Score, he said "we"...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Mac has said that a Rozner-like role was preferable to his own full time show. A role for Mac which includes a Sunday night Blackhawks-focused show in the NFL off-season, leading their Sunday NFL postgame instead of Hub, and being a Rozner-like sub for 9am-10pm could get Mac 350 hours of airtime a year. And he could still do his podcast and get cross promotion for it and maybe some advertisers.

Great show today.

I'm not convinced that he wants to go back to full time.

If he does, then today's developments have a far more chilling effect on the afternoon show then they do on the mid day show.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:15 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

There are more people that PTFB once hockey talk starts, then people who want to stay and listen to it.

Both good points.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:19 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:

If he does, then today's developments have a far more chilling effect on the afternoon show then they do on the mid day show.

Maybe Mac can put in a good word for Goff at the Ford dealership. With his brand new plates and correct registration, he can travel back and forth to Indiana with a couple less things to worry about being pulled over for from those racist cops.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
If 670 wants to lure back some listeners they have been bleeding since 2015, then bringing back Mac would help them. It would lure me back for a few hours each week.

I also wouldn't mind him supplanting Spiegel at mid days. The fact is Parkins and Mac already have a working relationship going back to when Parkins interned for him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
So Mac is now at the level of a Murph or Dicairo working weekends, solid.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:45 pm 

Godfella wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Both good points.

I'd imagine more people PTFB at 1:30 when national NBA talk begins

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:45 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
So Mac is now at the level of a Murph or Dicairo working weekends, solid.

The difference is that Mac would be someone they might turn to when they kick out one of their under-performing weekday hosts, which is likely to happen under the new management.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Mitch seen his post cubs shitty ratings and save his job. It was good, better than any other show in the city.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:50 pm 

312player wrote:
Mitch seen his post cubs shitty ratings and save his job. It was good, better than any other show in the city.

Either Spiegel or Goff will be the sacrificial lamb. I'd flip a coin, but one of those 2 is going to be gone. Perhaps it is Goff, which would explain why he is doing a podcast with Larry. Especially since the drop in ratings is most pronounced on that show. Mac and Bernstein would be interesting as Mac would A: challenge Dan Bernstein and B: prevent it from being a national NBA show as he doesn't watch NBA. Heck, I'd be inclined to listen to a Dan Bernstein who is challenged on his views and actually has to defend them rather than preach to a choir. That could be a Dan Bernstein who is worth listening to.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
312player wrote:

Their ratings are pretty much where they’ve always been for the last several years. The post-Cubs drop-off is irrelevant.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:40 pm 

Can't wait for Bernsteins first parody song!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:40 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:

Their ratings are pretty much where they’ve always been for the last several years. The post-Cubs drop-off is irrelevant.

false, after winning the afternoon drive slot for over a decade, they are now decidedly behind W&S. 670 is being carried by M&H in the morning as they basically have no competition since they go up against a national show piped in from the East Coast. Once 9 am hits, WMVP takes over and dominates the rest of the day until B&G sign off.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:44 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Get a load of Baghdad Zippy, everybody. The Score has the mother of all ratings books!