It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Curious Hair wrote:
Get a load of Baghdad Zippy, everybody. The Score has the mother of all ratings books!

"My feelings, as usual, we will slaughter them all."

"No I am not scared and neither should you be!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Goff waking up this morning and turning on the SCORE...

Goff: What the fuck? I thought we killed him!!!!

Beardown: That's right, Goffer. Guess what? Odds are that Mac voted for Trump.

Goff: Motha fucka!!!!!

Beardown: Da Ma Na!!!! Be afraid Goff. Be very afraid. I once told you Mac would eventually get his revenge on you.

Goff: :twisted:

CFMB: :cheers:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mitch Rosen climbed the mountain and found Mac!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:56 pm 

Dang I missed this. I wonder if there will be a podcast of it?

Mac and Parkins has the potential to be a great show. Meatpants can get the fuck out of town.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:57 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Beardown wrote:
Beardown: Da Ma Na!!!! Be afraid Goff. Be very afraid. I once told you Mac would eventually get his revenge on you.

The Revenge of Mac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Then again....

Chet (the real Chet, not me) got a tryout on a Sunday night on WLS, where he was doing ND football pre/post. It was vintage Chet for the hour I listened, far better production values than 670, a couple of guests, a couple of riffs on the local teams.

The PD got fired the next week, and Sunday nights went syndicated again.

So is this about Mac, or about Mitch trying to save his scrawy Morgan Park ass?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:28 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
PARKINS: Transition on the Score is brought to you by boner pills and loan sharks. Bernstein and Goff are here.
SPIEGEL: How was your football weekend, fellas?
BERNSTEIN: Fine. It was fine. I didn't watch any of it but it was fine.
SPIEGEL: Sounds like you started your weekend in the shotgun position!
BERNSTEIN: What was that? Seriously. What was that. I had DVRed 2001: A Space Odyssey from the night before because the wife's a Kubrick nut, when just as they're disassembling HAL I hear from the basement, "UH, ACTUALLY, shotgun position has NO bearing on receiver eligibility following defender contact, even an ultimately correct misinterpretation of the rules could have ramifications on future games!" and I figure he's just getting mad at a Madden glitch or something but apparently my guy Ed Hochuli is losing it! He's kept his arrrms but he's lost his head!
GOFF: Yeah my kid just pooped himself during that. He doesn't think he's a lawyer yet, Dan.
SPIEGEL: Yeah, so did mine. Anyway, Danny, you had yourself a football weekend! Heard you pulled a Sunday shift with our old pal Mac!
PARKINS: Hey, I'm just being a team player.
BERNSTEIN: I'm (sigh)
GOFF: UH OH HERE IT COMES
BERNSTEIN: (sigh) I'm just glad one person in the building was.
GOFF: HERE COME THE TEXTS! YOU DID IT NOW BERNSTINE! YOU JUST LIT UP ALL OF NORTHWEST INDIANA
BERNSTEIN: Lit it on fire?
SPIEGEL: No, the text l--
GOFF: Oh I think if Northwest Indiana catches fire we'll know who struck the match. damaneeeeel.
PARKINS: Look, I think we're all happy to welcome Mac back to the Score family, I learned a lot from him--
GOFF: don't learn too much
PARKINS: --and I hope we can work together again in the future.
SPIEGEL: I'm right here, you know.
PARKINS: I know, I'm just saying--
SPIEGEL: No, no, go on, talk about how Mac found you on his doorstep, how he taught you everything you know, we don't have any sort of professional relationship predicated on mutual trust here, it's fine.
PARKINS: We had fun, we talked some investments, it was a good lead-in to a big Sunday of football and I hope we can do it again.
GOFF: What time y'all start, 7? 8? What kind of chemical enhancements does it take for a damaneeel to start working at 7--
BERNSTEIN: or at all
GOFF: --or 8 in the morning, huh? Did he say he just had powdered donuts for breakfast when he came in? He give you that line? Because those weren't powdered donuts. We know.
SPIEGEL: Well, even if he jeopardized my career several times and threatens to do so again, I suppose I will concur that it's good to have Mac back at the Score.
PARKINS: Dan wants to say something.
BERNSTEIN: (sigh) All I will say is that...(sigh) as Spiegs alluded to, to the extent that radio is still a business at all in 2018, this is a relationship business. And you thrive and survive on your relationships with sponsors and supervisors. And co-workers, to a lesser degree. But...this is a station that -- and it's arguably owed to our genesis on Belmont, as this person knows -- that retains memories, that doesn't forget, and in a number of instances doesn't forgive.
GOFF: heeeeey. Jerome. don't wanna talk about the other shoooow.
BERNSTEIN: And while I know that I, personally, have no problem acting in a professional manner, I...cannot speak for everyone at this station who has either heard the battle stories or has the battle scars, and who may be less welcoming to past and present employees who have proven themselves not to have their sponsors' and bosses' best interests at heart. So it is with those people in mind that I can welcome this person back to the Score in a limited capacity with the appropriate and necessary administrative oversight.
SPIEGEL: Wow, suddenly after that, I feel much better.
PARKINS: What, about Mac's prospects of taking back the midday show?
SPIEGEL: No, just about myself in general!
ALL: hahahahahahaha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

Beardown: I've got a theory.

CFMB: Oh no.

Beardown: Shut up. It's a good one. They're all good ones.

CFMB: Alright, let's hear it.

Beardown: The reason Mitch sneaked Mac back without promotion was out of fear of his staff. In other words, fear of "Team Bernstein". Bernstein would have killed it had he known. So Mitch felt he had to do it this way. A sneak "Mac attack"!!!! Bernstein has always tried to kill people like Mac and North at the station. And he thought he had accomplished it. But now that Mac is back in, Bernstein won't say anything because it would seem petty. Bernstein does his work behind the scenes. Now it's done and he can't do a damn thing. Mitch has always liked Mac but could never admit it to Bernstein. Mitch fears Bernstein.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Cali Za Kitchen
Great show today

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
PARKINS: Transition on the Score is brought to you by boner pills and loan sharks. Bernstein and Goff are here.
BERNSTEIN: What was that? Seriously. What was that. I had DVRed 2001: A Space Odyssey from the night before because the wife's a Kubrick nut, when just as they're disassembling HAL I hear from the basement, "UH, ACTUALLY, shotgun position has NO bearing on receiver eligibility following defender contact, even an ultimately correct misinterpretation of the rules could have ramifications on future games!" and I figure he's just getting mad at a Madden glitch or something but apparently my guy Ed Hochuli is losing it! He's kept his arrrms but he's lost his head!
GOFF: Yeah my kid just pooped himself during that. He doesn't think he's a lawyer yet, Dan.
SPIEGEL: Yeah, so did mine. Anyway, Danny, you had yourself a football weekend! Heard you pulled a Sunday shift with our old pal Mac!
GOFF: HERE COME THE TEXTS! YOU DID IT NOW BERNSTINE! YOU JUST LIT UP ALL OF NORTHWEST INDIANA
GOFF: Oh I think if Northwest Indiana catches fire we'll know who struck the match. damaneeeeel.
PARKINS: Look, I think we're all happy to welcome Mac back to the Score family, I learned a lot from him--
SPIEGEL: No, no, go on, talk about how Mac found you on his doorstep, how he taught you everything you know, we don't have any sort of professional relationship predicated on mutual trust here, it's fine.
PARKINS: We had fun, we talked some investments, it was a good lead-in to a big Sunday of football and I hope we can do it again.
GOFF: What time y'all start, 7? 8? What kind of chemical enhancements does it take for a damaneeel to start working at 7--
GOFF: --or 8 in the morning, huh? Did he say he just had powdered donuts for breakfast when he came in? He give you that line? Because those weren't powdered donuts. We know.
SPIEGEL: Well, even if he jeopardized my career several times and threatens to do so again, I suppose I will concur that it's good to have Mac back at the Score.
BERNSTEIN: (sigh) All I will say is that...(sigh) as Spiegs alluded to, to the extent that radio is still a business at all in 2018, this is a relationship business. And you thrive and survive on your relationships with sponsors and supervisors. And co-workers, to a lesser degree. But...this is a station that -- and it's arguably owed to our genesis on Belmont, as this person knows -- that retains memories, that doesn't forget, and in a number of instances doesn't forgive.
BERNSTEIN: And while I know that I, personally, have no problem acting in a professional manner, I...cannot speak for everyone at this station who has either heard the battle stories or has the battle scars, and who may be less welcoming to past and present employees who have proven themselves not to have their sponsors' and bosses' best interests at heart. So it is with those people in mind that I can welcome this person back to the Score in a limited capacity with the appropriate and necessary administrative oversight.

I concur.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:37 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Curious Hair wrote:

:lol:

You listen too much, CH.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
CH putting in work.

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
312player wrote:
Mitch seen his post cubs shitty ratings and save his job. It was good, better than any other show in the city.

Their ratings are pretty much where they’ve always been for the last several years. The post-Cubs drop-off is irrelevant.

false, after winning the afternoon drive slot for over a decade, they are now decidedly behind W&S. 670 is being carried by M&H in the morning as they basically have no competition since they go up against a national show piped in from the East Coast. Once 9 am hits, WMVP takes over and dominates the rest of the day until B&G sign off.

Yeah.plus they weren't paying 10mil before to broadcast Cib games.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Not bad, curious hair. But put the names in bold and hit the space bar when you do these.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:12 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
That was awesome, CH.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

As we all know, Larry and Goff hate Mac. And Larry and Goff hate Parkins. Parkins agreeing to work with Mac on a Sunday will only make this rivalry more intense. Parkins knows this and that's why he did it. He embraces Goff and Larry hating him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:25 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Not bad, curious hair. But put the names in bold and hit the space bar when you do these.

:lol: it stinks when someone comes in and does your bit better than you, eh?

Nice job CH

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Beardown wrote:
As we all know, Larry and Goff hate Mac. And Larry and Goff hate Parkins. Parkins agreeing to work with Mac on a Sunday will only make this rivalry more intense. Parkins knows this and that's why he did it. He embraces Goff and Larry hating him.

I don’t know that it was intentional but yeah , that’ll chafe Leerys ass for sure that Parkins cohosted it.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Nice job CH

Not at all. I'm proud of my students. Curious Hair has done dozens of good ones. I've always complimented him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:40 pm 

Beardown wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Nice job CH

Not at all. I'm proud of my students. Curious Hair has done dozens of good ones. I've always complimented him.

My children and I are proud of you too, Beardown.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
RFDC wrote:
Dang I missed this. I wonder if there will be a podcast of it?

Mac and Parkins has the potential to be a great show. Meatpants can get the fuck out of town.

It is up on iTunes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Curious Hair wrote:

This is really flawless work

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:07 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Dan made it sound like he was doing a solo weekly Sunday night show. So, you know what that means? He's replacing the witch!!! :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
blackhawksfan wrote:
Dan made it sound like he was doing a solo weekly Sunday night show. So, you know what that means? He's replacing the witch!!! :)

I think she is saturdays

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
They have it up here:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/670-t ... nterviews/

My first score listening in months.

A few minutes in and I'm laughing as Mac explains the gambling sites he uses are blocked there by Entercom :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
They have it up here:

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/audio/670-t ... nterviews/

My first score listening in months.

A few minutes in and I'm laughing as Mac explains the gambling sites he uses are blocked there by Entercom :lol:

Yep, first time in a long time that I didn't hit the button while they were discussing a subject.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:14 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Couple of gems I heard:

Parkins said something about his meager mid-day host salary, and Mac said "try pushing F-150's".

Mac asked Parkins to save some time for his Bull-Pacers thoughts. Parkins seemed to be just as interested in that as Mac, saying "the 11:00 hour is all yours".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Franky T wrote:
Couple of gems I heard:

Parkins said something about his meager mid-day host salary, and Mac said "try pushing F-150's".

Mac asked Parkins to save some time for his Bull-Pacers thoughts. Parkins seemed to be just as interested in that as Mac, saying "the 11:00 hour is all yours".

Fun, non-overwrought hand-wringing radio. Whoda thunk it possible?

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Brace yourselves for some catty subtweets about how unsafe you feel when your employer tacitly normalizes pornography consumption.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next