It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

The new afternoon drive time team by June.

Bernstein can go to NPR or 820. Big changes coming DeCastro was going to hire Mac for the Drive, right before it shutdown.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:59 pm 

Dan McNeil will never work a full time gig in a major market ever again.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Way to follow up a great morning by putting that steaming pile of shit show with jules and mags tonight.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Way to follow up a great morning by putting that steaming pile of shit show with jules and mags tonight.

Its the place to be for that in-depth NFL analysis (probably more focus will be on the Golden Globes)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Go get em, Dan McNeil!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Curious, that was pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
FrankDrebin wrote:

Its the place to be for that in-depth NFL analysis (probably more focus will be on the Golden Globes)

I heard her a month or so ago talking about the Bears. ALL of her information came from fan reactions on twitter. None of the names she spoke of for HC have even been interviewed. She hung up on the only caller that asked her some more in depth questions.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Douchebag wrote:
Dan McNeil will never work a full time gig in a major market ever again.

I'm not sure he wants to. I think 400 hours of air time and 100 hours of podcast a year is perfect for him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Anyone else think these Sunday shifts are a trial run of sorts and maybe part of a dance for some new paper to bring Mac back? Mac wanting to get back, but management unsure of whether or not to believe he really wants to?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:15 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Franky T wrote:
Anyone else think these Sunday shifts are a trial run of sorts and maybe part of a dance for some new paper to bring Mac back? Mac wanting to get back, but management unsure of whether or not to believe he really wants to?

I would hope that it is the case. He should replace one of the under-performing daytime hosts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I would hope that it is the case. He should replace one of the under-performing daytime hosts

At the very least, this is a warning shot to the other 4 hosts from 9am-10pm. Especially when combined with more and more guest spots for Anthony Herron, who would be a logical fit to move to middays if Parkins/Mac went to full time 1-6 (or the more logical 2-6:30 so that way you don't have to have Larry come in for 35 minutes before every 7pm game).

Has Herron guest hosted with Spiegs with Parkins out?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:51 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Though I'm not a Bears fan anymore, I still like the idea of a two-hour "Bears Lunch" show the way Toronto sports radio has Leafs Lunch. Hub and Herron could do it, or maybe get some ex-Bears involved.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 am 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Franky T wrote:

At the very least, this is a warning shot to the other 4 hosts from 9am-10pm. Especially when combined with more and more guest spots for Anthony Herron, who would be a logical fit to move to middays if Parkins/Mac went to full time 1-6 (or the more logical 2-6:30 so that way you don't have to have Larry come in for 35 minutes before every 7pm game).

This has to be seen by the day part guys as one of them being in the cross hairs. The only question is which one?

I noticed quite a few DAH MAHNEELs from Goff recently. Maybe he is feeling jumpy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
good dolphin wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Franky T wrote:

This has to be seen by the day part guys as one of them being in the cross hairs. The only question is which one?

I noticed quite a few DAH MAHNEELs from Goff recently. Maybe he is feeling jumpy.

I would think Spiegel has to be feeling pretty nervous. The fact that Mitch partnered Parkins with Mac is neither subtle nor an accident.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:53 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I would think Spiegel has to be feeling pretty nervous. The fact that Mitch partnered Parkins with Mac is neither subtle nor an accident.

Hopefully.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Goff said he has 2 years left on his contract. Dunno if that means anything.

I think Speigs > Goff.

I mean in terms of radio performance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:56 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
KDdidit wrote:
So Mac is now at the level of a Murph or Dicairo working weekends, solid.

Yeah it’s pretty much the same thing

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
What went wrong in someone's life that brought them to the point to ever know what Maggie Hendricks is tweeting, let alone the 4 shares and 16 likes :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Seacrest wrote:
Mac has said that a Rozner-like role was preferable to his own full time show. A role for Mac which includes a Sunday night Blackhawks-focused show in the NFL off-season, leading their Sunday NFL postgame instead of Hub, and being a Rozner-like sub for 9am-10pm could get Mac 350 hours of airtime a year. And he could still do his podcast and get cross promotion for it and maybe some advertisers.

Great show today.

I'm not convinced that he wants to go back to full time.

If he does, then today's developments have a far more chilling effect on the afternoon show then they do on the mid day show.

agreed, Mac has made it clear that it's drive time going forward for him if he's full time.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:38 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
agreed, Mac has made it clear that it's drive time going forward for him if he's full time.
I like Mac and I would probably like his show in the afternoon better than the current one. However, Mac isn't really in a strong position here when he spends his afternoons selling trucks and he already showed that he got bored with being in sports radio.

An offer of a full time job working with Parkins would be enough for him if that works out well then you maybe move them to afternoons and offer Bernstein the morning show.

I think it's pretty clear that before anyone else gets a chance that Bernstein and Herron would get a chance in the afternoons. Bernstein has been a rock in the afternoon and at The Score for two decades. Mac has to prove he wants to be reliable enough to stake your own job on it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I like Mac and I would probably like his show in the afternoon better than the current one. However, Mac isn't really in a strong position here when he spends his afternoons selling trucks and he already showed that he got bored with being in sports radio.

An offer of a full time job working with Parkins would be enough for him if that works out well then you maybe move them to afternoons and offer Bernstein the morning show.

I think it's pretty clear that before anyone else gets a chance that Bernstein and Herron would get a chance in the afternoons. Bernstein has been a rock in the afternoon and at The Score for two decades. Mac has to prove he wants to be reliable enough to stake your own job on it.

Fuck Bernstein.

Launch him and you have money to do a lot of things.

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
FrankDrebin wrote:

I heard her a month or so ago talking about the Bears. ALL of her information came from fan reactions on twitter. None of the names she spoke of for HC have even been interviewed. She hung up on the only caller that asked her some more in depth questions.

the only times i've tuned in in the car and listened to julie and maggie, she's had to explain mundane well known sports rules to maggie which leads me to wonder how this is even possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

I'd listen to Dan and Anthony, but I'd keep Jason on too. You just never know with DeCastro.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:37 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
hnd wrote:
the only times i've tuned in in the car and listened to julie and maggie, she's had to explain mundane well known sports rules to maggie which leads me to wonder how this is even possible.

Isn't Maggie Hendricks an established national sportswriter?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: pizza and subs
no idea. i remember being in the car and she was explaining a ground rule double to maggie who seemed to not understand why the guy stopped at 2nd. my wife was like, this is on a sports radio station? even i know that!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:56 pm 

Danny Mac fans...dont forget he will be on the Score tonight following the football games

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 pm 

Danny Mac had the Saints +5.5 so he's happy about the no-PAT

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:53 pm 

Also, he's talking gambling so we need to shut this down, a 7 year old might be listening. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Amato's
Tim Doyle is annoying. Kendall Gill should have punched him harder.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think Doyle just theorized that Alex Smith will get a $20 mil/year contract.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next