It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Beat Trade
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:23 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Could this have been an Entercom decision? Maybe they didn't want Grote's....affliction...that close to their newly-acquired revenue buoy with a price tag of $10MM per annum?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Pretty shitty if that’s the case . If so then it should be curtains for Goff and Jules too. I still think it was a case of someone not liking Grote .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:27 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
spmack wrote:
But why take Grote off of Pre/Post? The article stated that Zaidman wanted to do more stuff with the Cubs, so why not just make him the full-time beat guy and move Levine over to mainly Sox with some Cubs sprinkled here and there?

Grote, if you're reading this, you got played my man. Sorry.

Because Pre/Post and mid game fill in are all parts of the same job description and function.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:36 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Hank Scorpio wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Or the Cubs went to WSCR and said, "hey, we may not be that good this year...can you give us your best apologist?"

Panic has set in on the North side after the playoff collapse last year. Joe Madden's furry adventures are turning off the veterans now. They needed to get Chicago Sports Radio's version of Comical Ali...

Playoff collapse? You mean reaching the NLCS for the third straight season? Yeah, that was really tough on us fans.

People with common sense agree with you. Then there is the other 90% of the Cubs fan base.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza
"Zaidman, who logged 14 seasons as The Score’s Bears reporter and sideline reporter on game broadcasts for Entercom sister stations WBBM-AM 780 and WCFS-FM 105.9, indicated he would prefer to be interviewed closer to Cubs spring training."

Don't bother me Phil! Can't you see I'm busy! Come back and we'll chat during Spring Training (rolls eyes).

While I am sox fan, I always enjoyed the Cubs broadcast on WSCR. Baseball, on radio can drag (paging Ed Farmer) Mark brought humor to the broadcast, kept Pat and Ron loose. If they wanted to make a change, get rid of the Coom Dog.

What's the over-under on the number of years Mark last on the Bears beat? I give it 2 years. BBM's Bears broadcast is a tight ship, little room to add a joke here and there if your Mark. Sideline reports are updates on the conditions, injuries, etc. Where can he add a joke or two?

Pulling for Mark, hope he can shine as a reporter.

So no Larry back on Bears Beat and showcasing his art on BBM?

I can see ZZ filling in during the 5th inning while Pat takes a break.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Major demotion for Grote( who I like) and huge promotion for that penis ZZ.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Tampa Bay has a pretty solid guy doing pre/post/in-game updates in Neil Solandz, otherwise Grote would be a perfect fit on the Tampa Bay broadcasts with Dave Wills and Andy Freed. Both Dave and Andy would get it.

Hopefully Grote is able to land someplace else, or at least that Mitch gives him a more important in-studio job as part of the next reorganization.

At the very least, he should be allowed to go back with Rosenbloom on Saturday mornings.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:41 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
I think PBP relief for Pat is the reasoning here. Mitch is underestimating just how much people do not like ZZ. Then again...ZZ has stayed employed this whole time so they've never gotten this.

Big mistake. Grote is a good guy and did a great job. I can see where Grote may not be the best PBP voice but FFS you just insulted your audience by placing an asswipe on the pre and post-game. I would have lived with one inning of Grote on PBP and kept it real.
Morons.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:20 pm 

Grote says in the piece that he had a checklist of things he wanted to go over for the upcoming season. Just what were those things? I get that Mitch's decision to switch Grote and ZZ is the story, but just what was Grote looking to do and is it possible that some of what he wanted to do could have conflicted with management's view of what they wanted from the broadcasts? I would love to have heard some of his proposals.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
chip egan wrote:
Grote says in the piece that he had a checklist of things he wanted to go over for the upcoming season. Just what were those things? I get that Mitch's decision to switch Grote and ZZ is the story, but just what was Grote looking to do and is it possible that some of what he wanted to do could have conflicted with management's view of what they wanted from the broadcasts? I would love to have heard some of his proposals.

Hello friend

Didn't you get the feeling it didn't matter what his thoughts were? Mitch already had a plan. Agreed it would be interesting to know his thoughts, but decisions already made...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:40 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
chip egan wrote:

I think you're reading too much into this, it's just another awful decision by that numbnutz Mitch Rosen.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 131 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5