It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I'm not leaving my job for a 2-year contract. 3-years minimum.

I don't roll off of the floor for under 300k

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:04 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Curious Hair wrote:
losing to Tom freaking Waddle, and with the Cubs, even that may not matter.

well hey if your wife or radio partner taught you anything it's that you need to kiss father of the year kapman's ring to make it in Chicago radio.

Me? I'd steal his ring and go pawn it for dope. Who the fuck decides father of the year? It's like fame begetting fame and some rather who gave up a kidney to his son loses out to Kaplan cuz Big Dave knows how to "glad hand" the right people. Then some dad with one damn kidney is sitting there like "damn, I wish I could be legit like David Kaplan*

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:
I imagine that Bernstein has terrific relationships with a lot of sponsors, particularly David Hochberg, who seems to be very generous to this shitshow radio station. Of course, no one was a better buddy to the sponsors than North, and the Score fired his ass, but I can't imagine Bernstein being unceremoniously dumped.

Always get a kick out of Bernstein's live reads for the wine négociant selling to 'SCR listeners. Marketing to the perfect demo :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kirkwood wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
I imagine that Bernstein has terrific relationships with a lot of sponsors, particularly David Hochberg, who seems to be very generous to this shitshow radio station. Of course, no one was a better buddy to the sponsors than North, and the Score fired his ass, but I can't imagine Bernstein being unceremoniously dumped.

Always get a kick out of Bernstein's live reads for the wine négociant selling to 'SCR listeners. Marketing to the perfect demo :lol:

He hates the blue collar workers and can't relate to them so he carved out his own niche.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:
Mully & Hanley should be untouchable. Their show in the morning is perfect. They have the formula down. They have a good stable of guests, take calls and hit MANY topics.

They are.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:23 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Kirkwood wrote:
Mully & Hanley should be untouchable. Their show in the morning is perfect. They have the formula down. They have a good stable of guests, take calls and hit MANY topics.

They are.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
I wonder if any lineup changes in the near future will be the last we see for a while, considering there was major lineup upheaval just a year ago at this time?

Surely a way to further segment and cause an audience to tune out is lineup shifting in relatively quick succession. Anybody that is out will be out for awhile. Could we see LoHo get the boot and Goff's 3-year deal shifted to nights to clear up hours during the day?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I don't think so, LoHo hasn't been responsible for tanking ratings. Besides, he's good now, or at least a lot less bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
I wonder if any lineup changes in the near future will be the last we see for a while, considering there was major lineup upheaval just a year ago at this time?

Surely a way to further segment and cause an audience to tune out is lineup shifting in relatively quick succession. Anybody that is out will be out for awhile. Could we see LoHo get the boot and Goff's 3-year deal shifted to nights to clear up hours during the day?

Laurence's personal identity is built around 670. I wouldn't boot him. He's perfectly slotted working solo in the evenings. Also he appears willingly to do anything so he can continue to say he's employed as the Score.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Curious Hair wrote:
I don't think so, LoHo hasn't been responsible for tanking ratings. Besides, he's good now, or at least a lot less bad.

He's still awful. I mean this is the nicest way, he should have been let go a decade ago. The original Julie was better than him. He's been the worst for at least a decade.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
"major programming changes" will be some producers getting shuffled around.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:24 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Loho will host overnights someday once Les hangs it up. Larry would be perfect in that spot.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

He's still awful. I mean this is the nicest way, he should have been let go a decade ago. The original Julie was better than him. He's been the worst for at least a decade.

From the "mechanics" (for lack of a better word) of being a talk show host he's very good. He's prepared, seems to enjoy sports, and is articulate. However, for me at least, all of that is blown to bits by his terrible personality, insecurity (tough guy act, bragging about money and things he could buy, etc.), and phoniness (his phony, over the top laugh makes Mulligan's look like a little giggle).

He used to love to talk about women who would "get it", but when Bernsie's "boobs" tweet got people's undies in a bunch he gave a speech about the terrible objectification of women by men in his industry and how this made him question whether or not he wanted to continue his career in sports media. :roll:

I'd be shocked if he was let go. He's like David Kaplan and Harry Teinowitz...you'll never be able to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Loho will host overnights someday once Les hangs it up. Larry would be perfect in that spot.

LoHo is just waiting for Jim Rose to retire. That's where he's the natural successor. He's the black Howard Sudberry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:12 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jim O'Donnell‏ @jodonnell17 · 3h3 hours ago

Multiple radio stations in Chicago will be holidng on just a little bit tighter by Tues-am; and it goes well beyond the Cumulus/Merlin/WLS-AM/Bulls/Sox cluster-muck...Very intriguing stuff...Media meld dead ahead?...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:17 pm 

Could have something to do with iHeart and Big 95 going off a cliff, but on the other hand, Jim O'Donnell is only capable of Score gossip, so I don't know.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Could have something to do with iHeart and Big 95 going off a cliff, but on the other hand, Jim O'Donnell is only capable of Score gossip, so I don't know.

And his hatred for the Sun Times as this one shows :lol: :lol:

--
Jim O'Donnell‏ @jodonnell17 · 3h3 hours ago
Actually spent two minutes glancing at Sunday Chicago Zzz-Times at a low-end grocery store Sun-a.m...Thinner than Karen Carpenter at last concert and about as engaging as Richard Carpenter afterward...U.N. humanitarians would be pleading for the plug to be pulled...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

Whatever happens at the SCORE, there is no doubt in my mind that Bernstein was the LOUD VOICE IN THE ROOM telling Mitch what to do.

And if it's Goff that gets moved or fired, Goff will have never seen it coming. He'll then figure out it was Bernstein pulling the strings and hate him. Bernstein will become Goff's enemy like Murph was to Terry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Bojono's on Clarendon
I don't want to turn this into another Jim-O'Donnell-is-playing-chess-while-the-rest-of-twitter-is-playing-checkers thread, but he may be the just absurdist genius to fill the Joe Frank-sized hole in my heart.

@jodonnell17
3h3 hours ago
More
Case can be made that Dave Grohl is the easily the new standard for successful reinvention atop rock 'n roll totem; F-Fighters have just added Oct 17 date at new arena in downtown MILW to augment July two-nighter (29-30) at Wrigley Field...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:32 pm 

wtf I hate Jim O'Donnell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:34 pm 

Jim O'Donnell doesn't know anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
Jim O'Donnell doesn't know anything.

I'm sure he knows stuff. The problem with him is he's insane and probably a drunk.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Nothing will change. The beatings will continue until morale improves.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Maybe the news is old Mitch gets the walking papers he has earned.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:57 pm 

Hub in for Goff today...

He must have A LOT of days banked...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
ChiliDavisEyes wrote:
Hub in for Goff today...

He must have A LOT of days banked...

He says "his lady" has pneumonia.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:02 pm 

Sounds like Blue Flu... He does have relatives on the force...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

LoHo is just waiting for Jim Rose to retire. That's where he's the natural successor. He's the black Howard Sudberry.

Laurence seems to have found a niche as one of Chicago's great media vultures, building a lucrative but undistinguished career by feasting on the carrion of increasingly irrelevant, necrotic local media outlets that command audiences based on habit rather than substance.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:10 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Laurence seems to have found a niche as one of Chicago's great media vultures, building a lucrative but undistinguished career by feasting on the carrion of increasingly irrelevant, necrotic local media outlets that command audiences based on habit rather than substance.

The mocha Lou Canellis

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:14 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
Tad Queasy wrote:
Nas wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

From the "mechanics" (for lack of a better word) of being a talk show host he's very good. He's prepared, seems to enjoy sports, and is articulate. However, for me at least, all of that is blown to bits by his terrible personality, insecurity (tough guy act, bragging about money and things he could buy, etc.), and phoniness (his phony, over the top laugh makes Mulligan's look like a little giggle).

He used to love to talk about women who would "get it", but when Bernsie's "boobs" tweet got people's undies in a bunch he gave a speech about the terrible objectification of women by men in his industry and how this made him question whether or not he wanted to continue his career in sports media. :roll:

I'd be shocked if he was let go. He's like David Kaplan and Harry Teinowitz...you'll never be able to get rid of him.

100% correct. He's a pinhead, but his fundamentals of radio are second only to Bernstein.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next