It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

Another possibility.

Shuester is out. Goff gets moved to full time Bulls beat. :bball:

Bruce handles the baseball and Grote the football beat.

Goff's Bulls hits with Bernstein would be fun.

Bernstein: We now go to our Bulls insider, Jason Goff, to discuss the Bulls draft. So, Jason, what do you think about this Russian that the Bulls took with the 7th over all pick.

Goff: Man, this cracker can't jump!!!!! I know gang members that can play better than this honky.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
That’s the dumbest theory you’ve ever proposed.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Hatchetman wrote:
That’s the dumbest theory you’ve ever proposed.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Beardown wrote:
Another possibility.

Bernstein: We now go to our Bulls insider, Jason Goff, to discuss the Bulls draft. So, Jason, what do you think about this Russian that the Bulls took with the 7th over all pick.

Goff: Man, this cracker can't jump!!!!! I know gang members that can play better than this honky.

:lol: A $100K+ beat reporter for a radio station.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:43 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

The money is for moving souls, the reporting is free.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Another possibility.

No. He would take a pay cut.

Goff might have a 2 or 3 year deal. But I think every year it's a station option. I remember him saying that when he first signed. He talked about the SCORE option. And Larry always reups every year because of the SCORE option.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Goff said essentially he doesn’t care what happens because he has two years left.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Julie might be out. Mitch had no idea the mess he was getting when he hired her. He had no idea that she was crazy. He's gotta be careful with that one though. She'll sue. But I've noticed they limit her on updates in the day part. Grote and Shuester are back doing some of it in the afternoons.

They stick her on night updates. Which isn't much since they have so many games at night. I think they're trying to make her quit because of limited shifts. Good strategy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:54 pm 
1000 CLUB

Hatchetman wrote:
Goff said essentially he doesn’t care what happens because he has two years left.

LOL, he will certainly care. I doubt he has even read his agreement, just needed the job.
Even if he read it, I doubt he understood it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Score is doomed wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

LOL, he will certainly care. I doubt he has even read his agreement, just needed the job.

Yeah. He cares. I know he's gotta always be the cool guy that says he doesn't care. Even if he gets his pay out, this will be it for a big time talk show gig for Goff.

ESPN 1000 isn't hiring his ass. And I don't think the NBA Sirius gig is really that big time. They have 200 channels and they just need anybody to fill time. They look for guys like Goff on the cheap who have been fired. Like Goff was in Atlanta when he got that show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:47 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Score is doomed wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Yeah. He cares. I know he's gotta always be the cool guy that says he doesn't care. Even if he gets his pay out, this will be it for a big time talk show gig for Goff.

ESPN 1000 isn't hiring his ass. And I don't think the NBA Sirius gig is really that big time. They have 200 channels and they just need anybody to fill time. They look for guys like Goff on the cheap who have been fired. Like Goff was in Atlanta when he got that show.

Sirius pays dick. The staple of any Sirius host is for them to insinuate they are working for peanuts.

Outside of Mully and Hanley, the Score is unlistenable these days. I'd love for Mac to get a chance again. HOpefully Mac doesn't do an afternoon drive time show because I'll stick w/ Waddle & Silvy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 pm 

Why are you guys so giddy at the prospect of Goff losing his job? He seems like a good guy who made the mistake of making a show that him and Bernstein wanted to listen to rather than what the listeners wanted to listen to.

I still can't believe that they stopped things like WYC and Friday Fung and replaced it with um, Thunder and Celtics talk?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are you guys so giddy at the prospect of Goff losing his job? He seems like a good guy who made the mistake of making a show that him and Bernstein wanted to listen to rather than what the listeners wanted to listen to.

I still can't believe that they stopped things like WYC and Friday Fung and replaced it with um, Thunder and Celtics talk?

Same reason I enjoyed watching QCP get his dick whacked. Its is fun watching people fall from high horses

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Great show today...

Yup...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Not so great show today.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Beardown wrote:
I think Julie might be out. Mitch had no idea the mess he was getting when he hired her. He had no idea that she was crazy. He's gotta be careful with that one though. She'll sue. But I've noticed they limit her on updates in the day part. Grote and Shuester are back doing some of it in the afternoons.

They stick her on night updates. Which isn't much since they have so many games at night. I think they're trying to make her quit because of limited shifts. Good strategy.

They don't have to "make her quit" if her contract is up soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The guy is trash. Are you really gonna take the "man needs to feed his family" angle when he on purpose made such a mess out of the most slam dunk easy gig in world history?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:19 pm 

I think we all liked Jason, but it's clear that hosting with Dan full-time (or close to full-time with all those off days) is a very bad fit for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 pm 

America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The guy is trash. Are you really gonna take the "man needs to feed his family" angle when he on purpose made such a mess out of the most slam dunk easy gig in world history?
I didn't mention anything about needing to feed his family.

I just don't understand why people would hate him so badly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
I think we all liked Jason, but it's clear that hosting with Dan full-time (or close to full-time with all those off days) is a very bad fit for him.

No, we didn’t all like Jason. He’s the Peter Princple on display for all to see.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Because he's a brother in a primetime spot who pulled himself up by his Timberland laces. #1956

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:28 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
There seems like a lot of Goff hate.

I think Bernstein and Goff could be a good show but they made a lot of bad choices early on, which they seem to be trying to correct now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:31 pm 

Dan has been as much of the problem. I think the burnout is really starting to show.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:35 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Dan has been as much of the problem. I think the burnout is really starting to show.

His personal bitterness is what has caused his burnout.

He was warned once about settling for being the smart kid in the dumb row. He got what he desired and comes across as rightfully unhappy with it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Art of Pizza
A lot of you guys need to take a few steps back in regards to thinking Jim O’Donnell knows things. He’s a drunk who’s been fired from every station and paper in the city. A drunk who has personal vendaettas against MANY guys at the SCORE. Any information he volunteers is fabricated. Promise you that.

I’m telling you. We’re focuong on internal promotion and larger roles for fill-in guys. That’s not exactly what I’ve been told. It’s bigger than that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Because he's a brother in a primetime spot who pulled himself up by his Timberland laces. #1956

I don’t know what all that means.

All I can say is, Jason has risen one level beyond his level of competence.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:48 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Mr. Reason wrote:
Nas wrote:

American Dream

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:50 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

He was warned once about settling for being the smart kid in the dumb row. He got what he desired and comes across as rightfully unhappy with it.

Was this warning after the DePaul incident?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:56 pm 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Was this warning after the DePaul incident?

No.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Nas wrote:

American Dream

It’s no wonder the American Dream is dead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 17  Next