It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:01 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Nas wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Nas wrote:
Because he's a brother in a primetime spot who pulled himself up by his Timberland laces. #1956

I don’t know what all that means.

All I can say is, Jason has risen one level beyond his level of competence.

American Dream

It’s no wonder the American Dream is dead.

RIP Dusty

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:03 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Douchebag wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Nas wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Nas wrote:
Because he's a brother in a primetime spot who pulled himself up by his Timberland laces. #1956

I don’t know what all that means.

All I can say is, Jason has risen one level beyond his level of competence.

American Dream

It’s no wonder the American Dream is dead.

RIP Dusty

FO Douchebag.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
What was The DePaul Incident?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are you guys so giddy at the prospect of Goff losing his job? He seems like a good guy who made the mistake of making a show that him and Bernstein wanted to listen to rather than what the listeners wanted to listen to.

I still can't believe that they stopped things like WYC and Friday Fung and replaced it with um, Thunder and Celtics talk?

Is this even a realistic possibility? How long has Goff been with Bernstein, about a year?

Regardless of Goff, is there any smoke that there could real change to this station? Dan McNeil's presence could be that smoke, but what if it's just adding a new show in the middle of the day and shortening the other shows around them by 1 hour each? Isn't that more realistic than a show shake-up and/or regular hosts losing their jobs?

I don't think it would be news if Julie DeCairo moved on. She does get more air time than she deserves, but she is so bad at her job, that would be a small improvement.

Realistically, I think the most likely change is too add a new show to the mix.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:33 pm 
1000 CLUB

BBFOREVER wrote:
A lot of you guys need to take a few steps back in regards to thinking Jim O’Donnell knows things. He’s a drunk who’s been fired from every station and paper in the city. A drunk who has personal vendaettas against MANY guys at the SCORE. Any information he volunteers is fabricated. Promise you that.

I’m telling you. We’re focuong on internal promotion and larger roles for fill-in guys. That’s not exactly what I’ve been told. It’s bigger than that.

If you have more information, please share.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
Re: Hatred towards Goff:

I think a lot of the Goff hate comes from the fact that he comes across very cocky, and lets face it: Cocky and smart-assed brothers in media are very disliked. Look at the twitter lines of Bomani Jones, Amin Elhassan, Goff, Vincent Goodwill for starters.

Cocky people are always a target for people trying to bring them down a notch, or two, or three. With Black men in particular, it's about 10 notches. Not saying it's right, I'm just saying what it is.

I think Goff admitted that when he first started at the Score, he carried himself as though he should gone from an intern to hosting within a few months.

Beardown, I believe, is a former employee that Goff (as well as Abbatacola) was probably not too nice to, so he spends his time here as pay back. Talk about a grudge! Let it go, Beardown.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:40 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Dan used to do play-by-play for DePaul basketball. At the same time, he was making pederasty jokes about Catholic priests. DePaul told him to stop making jokes about pederast priests, Dan kept making them, and then they fired Dan from play-by-play.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:

I think a lot of the Goff hate comes from the fact that he comes across very cocky, and lets face it: Cocky and smart-assed brothers in media are very disliked. Look at the twitter lines of Bomani Jones, Amin Elhassan, Goff, Vincent Goodwill for starters.

Cocky people are always a target for people trying to bring them down a notch, or two, or three. With Black men in particular, it's about 10 notches. Not saying it's right, I'm just saying what it is.

I think Goff admitted that when he first started at the Score, he carried himself as though he should gone from an intern to hosting within a few months.

Beardown, I believe, is a former employee that Goff (as well as Abbatacola) was probably not too nice to, so he spends his time here as pay back. Talk about a grudge! Let it go, Beardown.

Fucking Christ, you’ve been wrong many times before, but none more than you are right now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:

Dan used to do play-by-play for DePaul basketball. At the same time, he was making pederasty jokes about Catholic priests. DePaul told him to stop making jokes about pederast priests, Dan kept making them, and then they fired Dan from play-by-play.

He moved on to Hochberg, Cameron Hughes and comphy sheets...other than the fact his show blows...he’s fine

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:51 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
spmack wrote:

Fucking Christ, you’ve been wrong many times before, but none more than you are right now.

I'm all ears, Reason. You tell me why Goff is disliked?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
spmack wrote:

I'm all ears, Reason. You tell me why Goff is disliked?

He just sucks at his job.

Feel free to convince me otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
spmack wrote:

I think the dislike towards Goff has very little to do with his race. People like Bomani Jones and Amin Elhassan are cocky sure, but they have plenty of talent to back it up. Goff goes beyond someone simply being cocky, he's an antagonistic douchebag who lacks the broadcasting talent to offset the negative tone he brings to the show. Bernstein has always been a jerk but when the B&B show was at it's best he could at least attract listeners with funny, goofy segments. Goff isn't particularly funny and he isn't particularly good as a full time radio host.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:00 am 

Jason is at his best when he comes off as a guy who likes sports and as someone you'd want to watch sports with (THIS DOES NOT MEAN ACTING WHITE). He's at his worst when he has a bug up his ass about some perceived slight and can't rest until he has defeated this possibly imaginary enemy. There's been too much of the latter and not enough of the former.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are you guys so giddy at the prospect of Goff losing his job? He seems like a good guy who made the mistake of making a show that him and Bernstein wanted to listen to rather than what the listeners wanted to listen to.

I still can't believe that they stopped things like WYC and Friday Fung and replaced it with um, Thunder and Celtics talk?

WYC is probably the worst segment in sports radio history. It narrowly edges out my wife or my radio partner.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:04 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
Jason is at his best when he comes off as a guy who likes sports and as someone you'd want to watch sports with (THIS DOES NOT MEAN ACTING WHITE). He's at his worst when he has a bug up his ass about some perceived slight and can't rest until he has defeated this possibly imaginary enemy. There's been too much of the latter and not enough of the former.

Yup. He would’ve been great if Mac was his mentor. Bernsie took him in an awful direction.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:08 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

Yup. He would’ve been great if Mac was his mentor. Bernsie took him in an awful direction.

So you don't like it when transition is just one guy going on a tirade about how no one's ever believed in him but now no one's ever going to doubt him because one of badrogue17's thirty Twitter mults called him "doo-doo ass"?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:15 am 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
spmack wrote:

I think the dislike towards Goff has very little to do with his race. People like Bomani Jones and Amin Elhassan are cocky sure, but they have plenty of talent to back it up. Goff goes beyond someone simply being cocky, he's an antagonistic douchebag who lacks the broadcasting talent to offset the negative tone he brings to the show. Bernstein has always been a jerk but when the B&B show was at it's best he could at least attract listeners with funny, goofy segments. Goff isn't particularly funny and he isn't particularly good as a full time radio host.

I appreciate this response, Powerhouse. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's just that Beardown does that "Playa" and "homeboy" stuff in such a dismissive way that it makes me think that race is a factor.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:22 am 

spmack wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
spmack wrote:

I appreciate this response, Powerhouse. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong. It's just that Beardown does that "Playa" and "homeboy" stuff in such a dismissive way that it makes me think that race is a factor.

Yeah, it’s dedinitely odd to say the least.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:31 am 
1000 CLUB

spmack wrote:
Powerhouse233 wrote:
spmack wrote:

Race is not a factor. I mocked Mike North when I first got on this board. Nobody accused me of hating Irish/Italians. I also mock Bernstein. Does that mean I hate Jews? And I never used "Homeboy". "Playa" is used because Goff uses that word a lot.

Do you not realize that Bernstein and Goff mock and attack people? So don't feel sorry for them. They dish it with the best of them, so they should be able to take it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:32 am 

spmack wrote:

Well, you have to remember that Beardown is an idiot.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
spmack wrote:

Well, you have to remember that Beardown is an idiot.

That hurts. You probably hate white people.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:39 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The hope was that Goff would bring out the best in Bernstein but it definitely feels instead like Bernstein has brought out the worst in Goff. I really do think the quality of old Boers and Bernstein went even further downhill when he went to Atlanta, as prior to that he helped bring out some of the humor and silliness as the third voice even as Dan was starting down the path of VERY.IMPORTANT.RADIO. With the current show however, it seems to me that he's tried to adopt the more serious tone for the show that Dan had largely been pushing for B&B. This is compounded by Dan clearly being fine taking more of a backseat (I agree with CH"s burnout point), so this results in a guy who's not at his best doing the serious trying to be the driver a more serious show. Goff and Spiegel was a much easier listen for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:41 am 
1000 CLUB

Goff wasn't always this cocky SOB that we hear today. His advancement to full time host and Bernstein's influence made him this way. He was a good kid when he first got to the SCORE.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: Art of Pizza
BD wrote:
BBFOREVER wrote:
A lot of you guys need to take a few steps back in regards to thinking Jim O’Donnell knows things. He’s a drunk who’s been fired from every station and paper in the city. A drunk who has personal vendaettas against MANY guys at the SCORE. Any information he volunteers is fabricated. Promise you that.

I’m telling you. We’re focuong on internal promotion and larger roles for fill-in guys. That’s not exactly what I’ve been told. It’s bigger than that.

If I had specific names, believe me, I’d give them to you. All I know is the SCORE is going to start doing everything they can to relate to a younger demo. I guess you could say ALL stations are TRYING that... But I’m saying the SCORE’s weekday programming is going to start reflecting that of a station that seriously wants to cater to a younger ear. That’s why a lot of (the vast majority of) your Goff theories are mikes off. If anything, he’d be the one to stay with dan leaving. Parkins is the future. We all know that. Goff is still favored, provided he’s willing to change a little bit.

I don’t have any of the outside names, specifically... All I know is that they’re legitimate headline-grabbers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:03 am 
1000 CLUB

BBFOREVER wrote:
BD wrote:
BBFOREVER wrote:

If I had specific names, believe me, I’d give them to you. All I know is the SCORE is going to start doing everything they can to relate to a younger demo. I guess you could say ALL stations are TRYING that... But I’m saying the SCORE’s weekday programming is going to start reflecting that of a station that seriously wants to cater to a younger ear. That’s why a lot of (the vast majority of) your Goff theories are mikes off. If anything, he’d be the one to stay with dan leaving. Parkins is the future. We all know that. Goff is still favored, provided he’s willing to change a little bit.

I don’t have any of the outside names, specifically... All I know is that they’re legitimate headline-grabbers.

Ok. Replace old people for young people. But who are these young replacements? Sure as hell isn't gonna be Shepkowski. Where is the SCORE gonna get these talented young people to get the younger demo?

Bernstein isn't going anywhere. Christ, the kids at the SCORE have always tried to be him. So why replace the old Bernstein for younger knock off Bernstreins.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:36 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
The hope was that Goff would bring out the best in Bernstein but it definitely feels instead like Bernstein has brought out the worst in Goff. I really do think the quality of old Boers and Bernstein went even further downhill when he went to Atlanta, as prior to that he helped bring out some of the humor and silliness as the third voice even as Dan was starting down the path of VERY.IMPORTANT.RADIO.

Yeah, the decline started with the Derrick Rose injury, but it was Jason leaving that really closed the book on B&B being very good. 2013 is when the bad days really started. I wonder if it's a coincidence that the show started circling the drain in the years that the Blackhawks were in the conference final and/or won the Stanley Cup. Between the Cubs and Sox being bad, Marc Trestman, the Bulls front office eating itself, but the Blackhawks dominating, it really was the most hostile sports landscape Senor Columnist could have asked for.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:57 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Bomani Jones or Amin Elhassan could have a 104 fever and two call girls sucking his dick while taking a Norco every hour, and still do a better show than Jason. Hell Bo's radio producer Shannon could outhost Jason.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:12 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
spmack wrote:

I believe you misspelled SiD.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:13 am 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
BBFOREVER wrote:
BD wrote:
BBFOREVER wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:24 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
America wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

The guy is trash. Are you really gonna take the "man needs to feed his family" angle when he on purpose made such a mess out of the most slam dunk easy gig in world history?
I didn't mention anything about needing to feed his family.

I just don't understand why people would hate him so badly.

I don't understand why Goff hates his listeners so badly either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 17  Next