It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
BBFOREVER wrote:
BD wrote:
BBFOREVER wrote:
A lot of you guys need to take a few steps back in regards to thinking Jim O’Donnell knows things. He’s a drunk who’s been fired from every station and paper in the city. A drunk who has personal vendaettas against MANY guys at the SCORE. Any information he volunteers is fabricated. Promise you that.

I’m telling you. We’re focuong on internal promotion and larger roles for fill-in guys. That’s not exactly what I’ve been told. It’s bigger than that.

If you have more information, please share.

If I had specific names, believe me, I’d give them to you. All I know is the SCORE is going to start doing everything they can to relate to a younger demo. I guess you could say ALL stations are TRYING that... But I’m saying the SCORE’s weekday programming is going to start reflecting that of a station that seriously wants to cater to a younger ear. That’s why a lot of (the vast majority of) your Goff theories are mikes off. If anything, he’d be the one to stay with dan leaving. Parkins is the future. We all know that. Goff is still favored, provided he’s willing to change a little bit.

I don’t have any of the outside names, specifically... All I know is that they’re legitimate headline-grabbers.

:lol:

Damn the Score management is dumber than we thought. Good luck getting young people to listen to terrestrial AM sports radio.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Going younger would run counter to what we've seen DeCastro do at WGN and a little bit at Entercom with the revival (if you can call it that) of WBMX. He seems resigned to growing old with the listeners.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
FavreFan wrote:
BBFOREVER wrote:
BD wrote:
BBFOREVER wrote:
A lot of you guys need to take a few steps back in regards to thinking Jim O’Donnell knows things. He’s a drunk who’s been fired from every station and paper in the city. A drunk who has personal vendaettas against MANY guys at the SCORE. Any information he volunteers is fabricated. Promise you that.

I’m telling you. We’re focuong on internal promotion and larger roles for fill-in guys. That’s not exactly what I’ve been told. It’s bigger than that.

If you have more information, please share.

If I had specific names, believe me, I’d give them to you. All I know is the SCORE is going to start doing everything they can to relate to a younger demo. I guess you could say ALL stations are TRYING that... But I’m saying the SCORE’s weekday programming is going to start reflecting that of a station that seriously wants to cater to a younger ear. That’s why a lot of (the vast majority of) your Goff theories are mikes off. If anything, he’d be the one to stay with dan leaving. Parkins is the future. We all know that. Goff is still favored, provided he’s willing to change a little bit.

I don’t have any of the outside names, specifically... All I know is that they’re legitimate headline-grabbers.

:lol:

Damn the Score management is dumber than we thought. Good luck getting young people to listen to terrestrial AM sports radio.

I'm convinced OP is just an elaborate troll now

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are you guys so giddy at the prospect of Goff losing his job? He seems like a good guy who made the mistake of making a show that him and Bernstein wanted to listen to rather than what the listeners wanted to listen to.

I still can't believe that they stopped things like WYC and Friday Fung and replaced it with um, Thunder and Celtics talk?

WYC is probably the worst segment in sports radio history. It narrowly edges out my wife or my radio partner.

Well it got big ratings and a lot of discussion for years.

But replacing it with a discussion of what is on tv tonight was better I guess.

It was. I’ll take boring over actively bad and cringeworthy.

I thought WYC needed to be buried ages before B&B formally came to an end, but I thought Bernstein and Goff should have retained Fung at least. It was hit or miss depending on the topic but definitely hit a lot more than WYC did over the last 3 years of the show.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:39 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:
I thought WYC needed to be buried ages before B&B formally came to an end, but I thought Bernstein and Goff should have retained Fung at least. It was hit or miss depending on the topic but definitely hit a lot more than WYC did over the last 3 years of the show.

Agreed. Fung was decent depending on the topic. Thursdays at 5 became PTFB time years ago though. Only so many times you can listen to "Eh John Fox said da team played hard but dey lost by 21 so who ya crappin John Fox?"

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:41 pm 

WYC supposedly got really high ratings. It sucked at times but it's what the people wanted. It could have benefited from sticking to sports though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:42 pm 

I never listened to whats on tv tonight segment but I have to admire the laziness of the concept. Bernstein could not be in more dgaf mode if he tried.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The regulars trying to impress Bernstein were more responsible for the decline of the segment than the people who didn't get it IMO. Especially because a number of the regulars didn't get the bit either but would get a pass for it. Random people completely blowing the topic and pissing off the hosts could at least sometimes cause unintentional amusement, but some blowhard getting away with the same thing because their politics were aligned with Dan's and they rehearsed their speech 5 times before calling were tiresome.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are you guys so giddy at the prospect of Goff losing his job? He seems like a good guy who made the mistake of making a show that him and Bernstein wanted to listen to rather than what the listeners wanted to listen to.

Why so giddy? Dan Bernstein has always been my favorite Score host and the pairing with Goff has resulted in a show that I will not listen to. Goff and Mike Golic are the only people that I will immediately change the channel if I hear them talk. (Trump is another but he''s not a sports show host.) So yes I am giddy at the prospect of Bernstein getting a new partner so I can start listening to him again on a daily basis. Plus, replacing Goff is an admission that the show and specifically Goff was a failure. It proves to all the show defenders here, actually it is mostly you, and from a FB page I am on that they were in the minority of liking the show and that many of the comments they made were garbage.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Really becomes obvious that Terry was the mastermind of the whole B&B operation. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:00 pm 

DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Why so giddy? Dan Bernstein has always been my favorite Score host and the pairing with Goff has resulted in a show that I will not listen to. Goff and Mike Golic are the only people that I will immediately change the channel if I hear them talk. (Trump is another but he''s not a sports show host.) So yes I am giddy at the prospect of Bernstein getting a new partner so I can start listening to him again on a daily basis. Plus, replacing Goff is an admission that the show and specifically Goff was a failure. It proves to all the show defenders here, actually it is mostly you, and from a FB page I am on that they were in the minority of liking the show and that many of the comments they made were garbage.

You weren't a fan of Boers either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
WYC supposedly got really high ratings. It sucked at times but it's what the people wanted. It could have benefited from sticking to sports though.

both segments suffered from bad callers. Cue sjboyd...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
wrong thread. oops

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
ZephMarshack wrote:
The regulars trying to impress Bernstein were more responsible for the decline of the segment than the people who didn't get it IMO. Especially because a number of the regulars didn't get the bit either but would get a pass for it. Random people completely blowing the topic and pissing off the hosts could at least sometimes cause unintentional amusement, but some blowhard getting away with the same thing because their politics were aligned with Dan's and they rehearsed their speech 5 times before calling were tiresome.

yep, people like the dearly departed QCP :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
ZephMarshack wrote:

yep, people like the dearly departed QCP :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:30 pm 

ZephMarshack wrote:

Truth.

but this is just symptomatic of Bernstein being the face of the station. He has been a virus at that place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:31 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Agreed

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:06 pm 

In listening to Danny Mac's podcast Monday, it had an eerie vibe/feeling to it that it would be ending soon.

He was very carefree during podcast (i.e. taking an announced smoke break, taking a rough stance against pop Metal of the 80's)
He was very reminiscent with Roman Modrowski, talking of the "old Days".
He very thankful towards Ed Silwa, and Radiomisfits at end of podcast.
Commented making some $ from podcast would be nice.

Danny Mac will be back at the Score sooner than you think I'm guessing. Can't wait to watch it all play out. I'll bet Finfer
comes with him in some capacity as well!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
WYC got bad when Dan just read email craps.

Gary would call and crap on some random bullshit from Youppi or Little House on the Praire. Then a bunch of emails from Bernsie Wannabes. Then some Bob would call and say ’Bernsie you said dat da Bears haven’t won 3 games in a row for 2 seasons but if you count week 16 and 17 plus week 1 of da preseason den dey have won three in a row.’ Then some nervous guy would call up and ramble and get shotgunned. A long shitstain email from Bill in Capitol Hill. A boring one from Unemployed Lawyer. Then a random guy to close with the manomoeter bursting. Every week it was the same shit. Should have went to all calls and anything political is immediate shotgun.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I don't think the solution to any sports radio related problem should involve Ben Finfer.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Parts Unknown
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Gary would call and crap on some random bullshit from Youppi or Little House on the Praire. Then a bunch of emails from Bernsie Wannabes. Then some Bob would call and say ’Bernsie you said dat da Bears haven’t won 3 games in a row for 2 seasons but if you count week 16 and 17 plus week 1 of da preseason den dey have won three in a row.’ Then some nervous guy would call up and ramble and get shotgunned. A long shitstain email from Bill in Capitol Hill. A boring one from Unemployed Lawyer. Then a random guy to close with the manomoeter bursting. Every week it was the same shit. Should have went to all calls and anything political is immediate shotgun.

I agree with this 100%

I would liquidate Bill in Capitol Hill, Government Fromage, Black Physicist, and Unemployed Lawyer. Then charge their families for the bullet.

For me the worm started to turn when the whole Penn State thing started.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:52 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:

Gary From Evanston was great, and I liked Black Physicist. Other than that, keep it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Let's go out to...Black. I don't know where you're from, Black, but you're on the air.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Tad Queasy wrote:
I don't think the solution to any sports radio related problem should involve Ben Finfer.

Agreed. If I had cancer, I wouldn’t fight it by putting AIDS in my body.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Douchebag wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Gary From Evanston was great, and I liked Black Physicist. Other than that, keep it.

This

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Douchebag wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

No, no, no ... Gary and Fromage (aka Bichiro aka .... was it North Side Pimp) were fine. Incidentally, I'm certain Fromage used to work at the Score, but I don't know if he was someone we'd recognize (at least by name).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:45 pm 

WYC is a fundamentally terrible idea. If you ever enjoyed it, get professional help.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
rogers park bryan wrote:
WYC is a fundamentally terrible idea. If you ever enjoyed it, get professional help.

Disagreed. How far back did you listen? It was good before they ran out of competent, funny callers.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:48 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
City of Fools wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Disagreed. How far back did you listen? It was good before they ran out of competent, funny callers.

Yeah. Bad take. The more annoying to me was the acceptance of some political craps over others that Dan liked. Also with that it was generally so really long email.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
rogers park bryan wrote:

It was appointment radio during much of the HFC days.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next