It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
rogers park bryan wrote:
WYC is a fundamentally terrible idea. If you ever enjoyed it, get professional help.

It was appointment radio during much of the HFC days.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:52 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
WYC is a fundamentally terrible idea. If you ever enjoyed it, get professional help.
I hope a mob of bullies chases you from the board.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
If someone has a old tape or youtube clip of WYC from the HFC days, I'd love to hear it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Yep, listener legends were born on that segment back then. Out to Berwyn and Pluto.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 pm 

Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
WYC got bad when Dan just read email craps.

Gary would call and crap on some random bullshit from Youppi or Little House on the Praire. Then a bunch of emails from Bernsie Wannabes. Then some Bob would call and say ’Bernsie you said dat da Bears haven’t won 3 games in a row for 2 seasons but if you count week 16 and 17 plus week 1 of da preseason den dey have won three in a row.’ Then some nervous guy would call up and ramble and get shotgunned. A long shitstain email from Bill in Capitol Hill. A boring one from Unemployed Lawyer. Then a random guy to close with the manomoeter bursting. Every week it was the same shit. Should have went to all calls and anything political is immediate shotgun.

Gary From Evanston was great, and I liked Black Physicist. Other than that, keep it.

No, no, no ... Gary and Fromage (aka Bichiro aka .... was it North Side Pimp) were fine. Incidentally, I'm certain Fromage used to work at the Score, but I don't know if he was someone we'd recognize (at least by name).

He used to work for the Wolves.

Sit down here by the campfire and I'll tell you some old board lore about an angry board member calling his place of work to get him fired.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:59 pm 

Speaking of old callers/faxers/texters from the past.....Kenny Owens from LaGrange Park was one of the greats, that guy "got it"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:01 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:

Sit down here by the campfire and I'll tell you some old board lore about an angry board member calling his place of work to get him fired.

This sounds vaguely familiar. Catch us up?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:04 pm 

good dolphin wrote:

Some people here really are terrible people. Who calls somewhere and tries to get someone they don't even know fired?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:06 pm 

Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Some people here really are terrible people. Who calls somewhere and tries to get someone they don't even know fired?

I have a list!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
good dolphin wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Gary would call and crap on some random bullshit from Youppi or Little House on the Praire. Then a bunch of emails from Bernsie Wannabes. Then some Bob would call and say ’Bernsie you said dat da Bears haven’t won 3 games in a row for 2 seasons but if you count week 16 and 17 plus week 1 of da preseason den dey have won three in a row.’ Then some nervous guy would call up and ramble and get shotgunned. A long shitstain email from Bill in Capitol Hill. A boring one from Unemployed Lawyer. Then a random guy to close with the manomoeter bursting. Every week it was the same shit. Should have went to all calls and anything political is immediate shotgun.

Gary From Evanston was great, and I liked Black Physicist. Other than that, keep it.

No, no, no ... Gary and Fromage (aka Bichiro aka .... was it North Side Pimp) were fine. Incidentally, I'm certain Fromage used to work at the Score, but I don't know if he was someone we'd recognize (at least by name).

Sorry for butting in, but...Govt. Frommage? He posted here briefly and I thought confirmed he was one and same as the WYC Govt. Frommage. I seem to remember him sending one to the bored before or right after WYC one week.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Umm Jules??

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
beni hanna wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:
Douchebag wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

Sorry for butting in, but...Govt. Frommage? He posted here briefly and I thought confirmed he was one and same as the WYC Govt. Frommage. I seem to remember him sending one to the bored before or right after WYC one week.

that is correct. He was around in the Fixed Glee era.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
napolean dynamite - bad
bichiro - bad
gov't fromage - bad.

north side pimp - good. didn't point out hypocrisy most of the time like 99% of the other craps but they were short and sweet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Was Govt Fromage the guy who screamed "For this, you crap!" or something like that?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
I started posting here not long after someone got Frommage fired. The wild west days were really interesting. I'll talk to JORR and Crest and maybe see about having "guest" posting on Fridays.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Peoria Matt wrote:
Was Govt Fromage the guy who screamed "For this, you crap!" or something like that?

yes. or he would start his spiel by saying "this latest poo poo is for xyz"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
The stupid bits and idiotic callers made WSCR great!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
WYC was a mildly entertaining bit until people like fucknut caveman lawyer and their awful craps started taking over the segment. Gently stroking Bernsy's cock with your verbage makes for terrible radio.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:14 pm 

At one point we had Unemployed Lawyer, Neurotic Lawyer, and Mr. Mouth, who I believe was also a lawyer. No, wait, I think Mr. Mouth worked at Fermilab. But who's to say it wasn't as a lawyer?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Or Trash Can Man who quoted his name sake of ‘my life for you’ and Dan would always reply with some stupid reply like and also with you. Read your King ya dolt.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:35 pm 

It was pièce de poo-poo for Government Fromage, by the way, like pièce de résistance.

Remember QUIT PLAYIN'? For a while I thought he was gonna get a spinoff segment of his own. Then one time he got dumped. I want to believe it was for using the N-word. Or maybe I'm thinking of Dark Twain. Maybe they're the same guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:41 pm 
Garry from Evanston was bad.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:18 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Curious Hair wrote:
It was pièce de poo-poo for Government Fromage, by the way, like pièce de résistance.

Remember QUIT PLAYIN'? For a while I thought he was gonna get a spinoff segment of his own. Then one time he got dumped. I want to believe it was for using the N-word. Or maybe I'm thinking of Dark Twain. Maybe they're the same guy.

IIRC Quit Playin' ended his crap with just that, not WYC.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Baby McNown wrote:

Absolute worst, he sounded like he was rubbing one off and climaxed at the end..creepy as fuck.

Last edited by 312player on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:23 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Baby McNown wrote:

Absolute worst, he sounded like he was rubbing one and climaxed at the end..creepy as fuck.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are you guys so giddy at the prospect of Goff losing his job? He seems like a good guy who made the mistake of making a show that him and Bernstein wanted to listen to rather than what the listeners wanted to listen to.

Why so giddy? Dan Bernstein has always been my favorite Score host and the pairing with Goff has resulted in a show that I will not listen to. Goff and Mike Golic are the only people that I will immediately change the channel if I hear them talk. (Trump is another but he''s not a sports show host.) So yes I am giddy at the prospect of Bernstein getting a new partner so I can start listening to him again on a daily basis. Plus, replacing Goff is an admission that the show and specifically Goff was a failure. It proves to all the show defenders here, actually it is mostly you, and from a FB page I am on that they were in the minority of liking the show and that many of the comments they made were garbage.

You weren't a fan of Boers either.

Not really. I didn't tune in to listen to him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:09 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

Disagreed. How far back did you listen? It was good before they ran out of competent, funny callers.

September 2008- Mid September 2008

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

I'll take Future Mail, thank you very much!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:11 pm 

DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
DAC wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Why are you guys so giddy at the prospect of Goff losing his job? He seems like a good guy who made the mistake of making a show that him and Bernstein wanted to listen to rather than what the listeners wanted to listen to.

Why so giddy? Dan Bernstein has always been my favorite Score host and the pairing with Goff has resulted in a show that I will not listen to. Goff and Mike Golic are the only people that I will immediately change the channel if I hear them talk. (Trump is another but he''s not a sports show host.) So yes I am giddy at the prospect of Bernstein getting a new partner so I can start listening to him again on a daily basis. Plus, replacing Goff is an admission that the show and specifically Goff was a failure. It proves to all the show defenders here, actually it is mostly you, and from a FB page I am on that they were in the minority of liking the show and that many of the comments they made were garbage.

You weren't a fan of Boers either.

Not really. I didn't tune in to listen to him.

I'll predict you dislike the next guy too. Big fan of the show though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:15 pm 

I wish Goff well but man he is not a professional broadcaster. He could learn from Laurence or Herron.

Too many uses of "um" "like" etc

And the thing where he's always laughing or using sarcastic voice or brothers don't voice just reeks of fakeness.

I think he could be really good with some work. He has an engaging personality.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next