It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: ....
Hmmm.. . No "Can't Do It Today". . . where there's smoke. . . :study:

I apologize to The Hawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Furious Styles wrote:
Daredevil/Dumbass and Mundane Sports Achivements were required listening for young Furious.

Relative Greatness had some good spots

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:47 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tales of Laziness always delivered. But the best was when Dan came up with "The Jim Nantz Sports Time Machine" and it was just waaaaay too esoteric for the Score audience. I think it lasted precisely one caller.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
City of Fools wrote:
the show's success (B&B) sprung from a Seinfeld-ish "show about nothing", the lack of prep which allowed the show to not be boxed in by required show topics, and Terry balancing Dan's seriousness with just the right wisecrack. The show went steadily downhill, as stated many times, by Penn State, CTE and Terry losing his edge, year by year, staying home due to health issues, and a weeks of the same show, day after day.

On the plus side, Terry has sounded revitalized lately. I doubt he could go 100% five days a week though.

The show was at its best ripping on other hosts on the score, doting on weird news, and generally being funny and entertaining. I'll always remember the good years.

They should have kept Second Hand News going and killed off WYC (yay, it's Mr. Burns again) in the mid 2000's instead of the other way around. Although Bernstein probably would have eventually turned that into a political rant segment.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
What did Parkins say about 11:55? Something like "If we are back, we are back. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Hatchetman wrote:
What did Parkins say about 11:55? Something like "If we are back, we are back. I'm trying to be as transparent as possible."

we meaning his show with Spiegel probably. I don't think he's referring to himself. He'd be the perfect pairing with Mac. They respect each other and Mac has kind of been Parkins' radio dad.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Spiegs, this is why you should have demanded an extension to your contract to match the length of Parkins' deal.

Even if it meant Mac returning to the airwaves daily in a great pairing with a young host like Parkins, I wouldn't celebrate Spiegel's departure from the station. The lineup has a few glaring weaknesses, but I don't think Spiegel measured up against any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Spiegs, this is why you should have demanded an extension to your contract to match the length of Parkins' deal.

Even if it meant Mac returning to the airwaves daily in a great pairing with a young host like Parkins, I wouldn't celebrate Spiegel's departure from the station.

I have no ill feelings towards Spiegs, but yeah you dump Spiegs for Mac any day of the week. It's just better radio.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:11 pm 

Maybe Spiegel belongs at XRT, but there's not really room for him unless Marty Lennartz (who sounds young but if you do the math he's gotta be almost as old as Terri Hemmert) retires or something. Or bring Sound Opinions back from WBEZ.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Yeah Spiegs tries hard but he just isn’t interesting to listen to. Aside from all of his other insecurities that he brings to the table . He actually needs to do what Mac tried, a combo music sports show. Maybe Sirius .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
Yeah Spiegs tries hard but he just isn’t interesting to listen to. Aside from all of his other insecurities that he brings to the table . He actually needs to do what Mac tried, a combo music sports show. Maybe Sirius .

Mac didn't do a sports/music show. He was basically the Drive's version of Julie DiCaro and read updates.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:26 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Another argument for bringing back CKG as a talk/music combo.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:27 pm 

He was hardly hired before there was a management change at 97.1, right? He hardly got to speak at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Hatchetman wrote:

He was talking about the “can’t do it” segment. He hoped it would be back next week

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hatchetman wrote:

He really said that ? Wow .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

badrogue17 wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

He really said that ? Wow .

Obviously somebody at the station doesn't like the segment. Obviously it's Larry and Julie.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
So, we're still discussing some vague bullshit by a poster with < 40 posts?

Slow day I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:36 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:
He was hardly hired before there was a management change at 97.1, right? He hardly got to speak at all.

I don't remember the exact timeline but I'm pretty sure Greg Solk was out at the Drive shortly after the Mac hire.

Mac and McMurray were a bad fit for the Drive. The station's whole brand was sticking to the music, and they got away from that. It would have been one thing if they had went all out and featured Mac in the morning, but they didn't make the most of him (and that may have been Mac's call).

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
badrogue17 wrote:

Good point. I think something like that could work for Spiegel. When Mac was on WCKG he seemed to enjoy the interactions he had with his co-host Pete McMurray, Kathy Voltmer (who did the news), and their producer before things went south. I think Mac mentioned he felt he didn't have very good chemistry with McMurray but they sounded OK together. Things got a little heated between he and Voltmer on a few occasions as they didn't see eye-to-eye on several things.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:43 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Good point. I think something like that could work for Spiegel. When Mac was on WCKG he seemed to enjoy the interactions he had with his co-host Pete McMurray, Kathy Voltmer (who did the news), and their producer before things went south. I think Mac mentioned he felt he didn't have very good chemistry with McMurray but they sounded OK together. Things got a little heated between he and Voltmer on a few occasions as they didn't see eye-to-eye on several things.

He seems to have trouble at every single place of employment. I'm sure he will be fired at Webb Ford soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I hate to be the one extending this thread.

I hate to be the one noticing this.

But all of the ads on tunein and the radio app now feature replays from one Larry Holmes. Is he moving up the chain in thirty days or so? It used to be just the main 3 shows.

Last edited by City of Fools on Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:46 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I'm 37. So you are a millennial? Ok this all makes sense now.

I'm 37.

You were listening to sports radio as a teen? Cool, bro.

Btw, just because I got bored slappin you around doesn't mean I can't do it again anytime I feel like it.

You should concentrate on making that first good post. It can happen. Drop the idiotic calliing people a beta Cuck obsession, no one buys it and you look dumber (against the odds) every time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:49 pm 

Wonder if Mac is finally feeling tight on the money side. Plus health insurance for his son? Is he still happily married? I assumed his lawer wife would cover his expenses.

Sometimes job performance increases when your back is against the wall, so to speak.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:49 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm 37.

Btw, just because I got bored slappin you around doesn't mean I can't do it again anytime I feel like it.

You should concentrate on making that first good post. It can happen. Drop the idiotic calliing people a beta Cuck obsession, no one buys it and you look dumber (against the odds) every time.

You stated
Quote:
To be serious for a second, I never listened in tis prime was just a trolling comment.

How old are you? I was like 12 in HFCs prime.

The B&B show started in 1999, so even if you considered the 1st year of B&B(and Who You Crapping) "The Prime", that would still make you 18. Are you on some type of drug?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Tad Queasy wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Good point. I think something like that could work for Spiegel. When Mac was on WCKG he seemed to enjoy the interactions he had with his co-host Pete McMurray, Kathy Voltmer (who did the news), and their producer before things went south. I think Mac mentioned he felt he didn't have very good chemistry with McMurray but they sounded OK together.

My guy told me that was because Mac knew he was only to speak when McMurray gave him the OK by pointing at him

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:31 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

I'm 37.

You stated
Quote:
To be serious for a second, I never listened in tis prime was just a trolling comment.

How old are you? I was like 12 in HFCs prime.

The B&B show started in 1999, so even if you considered the 1st year of B&B(and Who You Crapping) "The Prime", that would still make you 18. Are you on some type of drug?

1) Eight TEEN would be a TEEN

2) WYC started in 1992 and it's prime would be considered 92-98

Are you trying to be wrong?

Someone throw in the damn towel for this dude.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:36 pm 

The Boers and Bernstein show debuted in 1999. I'm not sure then how "Who Ya Crappin" could have been on the air in 1992.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:39 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
The Boers and Bernstein show debuted in 1999. I'm not sure then how "Who Ya Crappin" could have been on the air in 1992.

Because it was Mac and Terry's bit before it was Dan and Terry's. It arose from a Mike Ditka interview in 1992.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:40 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Caller Bob wrote:

I believe it was started by Terry and Mac, and Terry got to keep it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
When did RPB become such a bully?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 490 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next