It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Art of Pizza
Think about it. Cubs AND the Bulls? Every show between April and July would be gone. Most shows between October and March would be gone. He’d be on the air significantly less than already is. Only way I see him staying is if he were to host Bulls pre and post.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
We know he's not going to get paired with Parkins for middays if Spiegel is also out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

Most of his shows are gone now anyway with Monday and Thursday football and Depaul/Illinois hoops.

But the SCORE will obviously have to lose Illinois and DePaul when they get the Bulls.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
BBFOREVER wrote:
Only way I see him staying is if he were to host Bulls pre and post.

I could see that.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Beardown wrote:
Most of his shows are gone now anyway with Monday and Thursday football and Depaul/Illinois hoops.

But the SCORE will obviously have to lose Illinois and DePaul when they get the Bulls.

I hate Illinois programming and DePaul is a joke too.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:54 pm 

'77Cubs wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I hate Illinois programming and DePaul is a joke too.

You couldn't be more correct

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ya know what? Goff should be the pre and post guy for the Bulls. But it can't happen because Paxon hates him.

The reason the Bulls are announcing going to the SCORE on Mully and Hanley is because that's the only show they like. So they'll probably have Michael Reinsdorf in the studio for it. Jerry doesn't need to do this shit.

Bernstein and Goff will be told to cool it on Bulls criticism. Mitch will have that conversation with them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
I could see Goff getting pushed out for Laurence. Laurence is the better host anyways. Mac can then move with Parkins when Spiegs is shown the door.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

It will be funny, though.

I mean Goff has done cryptic rants about how evil Pax and Gar are. That will stop all of a sudden.

If you guys remember B&B used to rip Crane Kenny and say how stupid it was to stay at Wrigley Field. Their company got them and it stopped.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:01 pm 

pizza_Place: V & N
Hopefully Lawrence takes that jerkoff bum Goff with him when he gets canned.

No loss.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
"This...is a bright day in a series of increasingly many for the Score, to...to synthesize this city's love affair with the Bulls and everything they represent to so many people with the love affair many have with the Score and what I guess we've meant to our sponsors and listeners. And it's exciting for me personally as someone who, before learning how the sausage was made, considered himself a Bulls fan, and as someone who feared that certain business deals may have burned certain bridges. But those fences have been thankfully mended now and we can continue to work with Jerry and with Howard Pizer and with a devoted group of owners who care not only about winning championships but about winning them the right way and above all winning on the damn bottom line for their shareholders. And for the Score to be the official home of your Chicago Bulls means we can finally start to give an...such an ascendant league like the NBA even a fraction of the coverage it deserves. And while this will mean the end of revenue from DePaul and Illinois games on the Score, some listeners may not like that, but all I can do is hope that these remaining atavists, these hangers-on to a bygone era of basketball, can move or be moved to the future by our station. And the same goes for certain other atavists of a certain other team who always seem to WAN MOR COVRIDGE A DA TEAM, BERNSTINE. This. Is now. A Bulls station. The warming and browning of America has made you lesser, and this great work by our program director Mitch Rosen, really a coup in every sense of the word, has made you lesser still. You are the past, and the future is now, and it is here. On 670 the Score."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:30 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Curious Hair wrote:
"This...is a bright day in a series of increasingly many for the Score, to...to synthesize this city's love affair with the Bulls and everything they represent to so many people with the love affair many have with the Score and what I guess we've meant to our sponsors and listeners. And it's exciting for me personally as someone who, before learning how the sausage was made, considered himself a Bulls fan, and as someone who feared that certain business deals may have burned certain bridges. But those fences have been thankfully mended now and we can continue to work with Jerry and with Howard Pizer and with a devoted group of owners who care not only about winning championships but about winning them the right way and above all winning on the damn bottom line for their shareholders. And for the Score to be the official home of your Chicago Bulls means we can finally start to give an...such an ascendant league like the NBA even a fraction of the coverage it deserves. And while this will mean the end of revenue from DePaul and Illinois games on the Score, some listeners may not like that, but all I can do is hope that these remaining atavists, these hangers-on to a bygone era of basketball, can move or be moved to the future by our station. And the same goes for certain other atavists of a certain other team who always seem to WAN MOR COVRIDGE A DA TEAM, BERNSTINE. This. Is now. A Bulls station. The warming and browning of America has made you lesser, and this great work by our program director Mitch Rosen, really a coup in every sense of the word, has made you lesser still. You are the past, and the future is now, and it is here. On 670 the Score."

This line. Nice. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Fucking CH does Lil Danny better than Lil Danny :lol:

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
That is an amazing skill.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:29 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Loved the mixed metaphor of burning bridges and mendinf fences.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Hatchetman wrote:
That is an amazing skill.

badrogue17 wrote:
Fucking CH does Lil Danny better than Lil Danny :lol:

Agree with both of these. It's hilariously creepy how spot on it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:38 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
thewatcher wrote:
Hopefully Lawrence takes that jerkoff bum Goff with him when he gets canned.

No loss.

Amen buddy, could only get better if they ran Dicaro over in the parking lot on their way out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Larry is like a cockroach, like Jim Rose. He will never go away.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:50 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
SpiralStairs wrote:
Loved the mixed metaphor of burning bridges and mendinf fences.

He had one clanger back in the day that had me screaming internally. I don't remember what it was and I think we lost the original "let's read Bernstein's tweets" thread that had his Bears postgame senior columns.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:00 pm 

Whats the point of listening to a basketball game?

It's not like baseball where stats mean basically everything.

In basketball I can tell who came to play and who didn't within the first quarter. In fact it sucks to watch basketball online because the framerate is usually weird, but I need realistic framerate to see how the players are moving. And most points are made off the ball... You just don't get any of that by listening to a broadcast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
I could see Goff getting pushed out for Laurence. Laurence is the better host anyways. Mac can then move with Parkins when Spiegs is shown the door.

I wouldn't have a problem with that scenario.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
the warming and browning of America...

that's the perfect amount of subtle racism injected by Bernstein in a diatribe such as this.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:15 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza
IT'S OFFICIAL! According to a source, WLS-AM staff were informed this afternoon that the rights will move to The Score.

Wednesday's game will be the final broadcast on WLS according to the source. That means, Saturday afternoons game at the Clippers will be the debut of Bulls basketball on The Score.

Sure, Bob will say he has the exclusive, but you all know the news was broken here.

No word on changes to the pre/post. I would guess Steve is out and maybe Holmes will move into that role.

Great move for The Score. They get Bulls for cheap! Of course, WLS are the big losers.

If I hear anything on the White Sox, I'll report back.

Turn off the lights, the parties over at WLS-AM. Big Time Onions coming to The Score!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:09 am 

Jordan’s primacy will be restored immediately in afternoon conversations

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:18 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The 6-9 time slot is mostly NFL football games on Monday n Thursday, Depaul games and Bears all access. I have to assume the Bulls draw more than Larry's part time show and Depaul hoops..They will also have to pay more to broadcast NBA games. Less Larry is good and this is probably his walking papers..he gets a one year deal every year and they've encouraged that lil creep to look for another gig. I hope Grote gets the Bull gig.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
Beardown wrote:
It will be funny, though.

I mean Goff has done cryptic rants about how evil Pax and Gar are. That will stop all of a sudden.

If you guys remember B&B used to rip Crane Kenny and say how stupid it was to stay at Wrigley Field. Their company got them and it stopped.

#neverforget

Bernstein not shy either about being a company man... comes off as very disingenuous

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:11 am 

Mr.Hippy wrote:
IT'S OFFICIAL! According to a source, WLS-AM staff were informed this afternoon that the rights will move to The Score.

It was reported on the Steve Dahl show yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:16 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Mr.Hippy wrote:

Dahl can't be happy about this move. Now he will be the sole reason that station has abyssmal ratings. Before he could at least blame sports broadcasts that nobody was listening to.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:19 am 

Douchebag wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:
Mr.Hippy wrote:

Dahl can't be happy about this move. Now he will be the sole reason that station has abyssmal ratings. Before he could at least blame sports broadcasts that nobody was listening to.

I'm sure they're not great, but they are actually better than Limbaugh's. They were joking about that yesterday.