It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Bernstein and Goff's 2017 in Ratings:

Spring 2017 (Late March - Mid-June)

http://sportsradiopd.com/2017/07/sports ... e-country/

Quote:
Where the news was strong for ESPN 1000 was in afternoon drive where Waddle and Silvy continue to dominate. The popular drive time show finished #1 between 2p-6p with just under a five and a half share. Given that W&S has to overcome a top notch show on The Score and the addition of Chicago Cubs day games during baseball season, that’s nice coo for the folks inside 1000’s offices.

However, for the folks at The Score, Bernstein and Goff’s afternoon program air between the hours of 1p-6p. During those hours, the show placed 1st with a little more than a five share. 1000 trailed by only two tenths of a point during that time frame.

5.1-5.3

Summer 2017 (Late June - Mid-September)

Quote:
Where ESPN 1000 received its biggest win was in PM drive between 2p-6p. Waddle and Silvy finished tied for 1st with just over a 5 share. The Score’s team of Bernsein and Goff were three tenths of a point behind in 4th. One item to point out, Bernstein and Goff’s show is an hour longer though than Waddle and Silvy’s so if you measure their entire 1p-6p program the news is slightly different, the two stations are even during those hours at just under a 5 share. Nonetheless, Waddle and Silvy have been rolling in 2017.

4.7-4.9

Fall 2017 (Mid-September - Early-December)

Quote:
Turning to afternoons, ESPN 1000 continued to receive a strong showing from Waddle & Silvy who finished 1st in the market with just under a 7 share between the hours of 2p-6p. The Score during those hours was tied for 3rd with a 5 share. Since though The Score’s afternoon show of Bernstein & Goff airs from 1p-6p I examined that window too. B&G remained in 3rd with a 5, where as 1000 lost a few tenth of their share but remained in 1st.

From the absolute high point quarter of Spring, the show has been trending downwards, to say nothing of its performance relative to the competition.

Spiegel and Parkins' 2017 in Ratings:

Spring 2017 (Late March - Mid-June)

Quote:
Starting with The Score, during the hours of 9a-1p, Spiegel and Parkins nipped ESPN 1000 by one tenth of a point. However, from 1000’s vantage point, David Kaplan’s show airs 9a-12p, and during those 3 hours he was tied with The Score’s program with just under a four share.

3.9-4

Summer 2017 (Late June - Mid-September)

Quote:
In middays, The Score’s team of Parkins and Spiegel got some great news, finishing seven tenths of a point ahead of David Kaplan and the first hour of Carmen and Jurko‘s show (670 and 1000 schedule their shows differently). The Score was 6th between 9a-1p. ESPN 1000 was 9th.

1000’s second midday program, Carmen and Jurko, occupy the airwaves between 12p-2p. That means they go head to head against Spiegel and Parkins for 1 hour and opposite The Score’s afternoon show Bernstein and Goff for an hour. During the 12p-2p hours, The Score was ahead by a little more than a point.

Mid-4??

Fall 2017 (Mid-September - Early-December)

Quote:
In middays, Spiegel & Parkins earned a ratings win over Kap & Company and Carmen & Jurko. The Score’s midday team, which airs 9a-1p CT, was tied for 5th with a high 4 share. ESPN 1000 during those hours was 7th with a 4 share. One thing to be aware of, 1000 runs their shows during different hours so when you highlight them in their own timeslots of 9a-12p (Kaplan) and 12p-2p (C&J) they were 7th and 5th compared to The Score which was 5th and 3rd.

4.7-4.9

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:33 pm 

The Score's morning show has been a ratings knockout, its midday show has been charting upwards in every quarterly ratings book, and its afternoon show has a downward trend on the year [despite an added boost from the Cubs].

I know people have been clamoring for Spiegel to get the ax, but I don't think the ratings really justify it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:00 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
I can't stand Spiegel, his voice annoys the hell out of me and I was only able to tolerate it enough to listen with he was with McNeil. But, he seems to be doing well with Parkins. He stays, Goff goes. The question is what do you do with Bernstein afterwards. Putting Leery with him would be meh, putting McNeil with him would be great for the 2 months it would last before McNeil punches him out on air or quits over having to talk NBA. What other options are there? Herron?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
The ratings don't justify B or G getting the axe either.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Seacrest wrote:

If Danny was asked to take a 50% cut in pay (as North was), would he accept?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:05 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

All I hear is how great W&S is and how many people listen all the time. No shame in losing to such a quality show.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:06 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Yes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I think he would, he knows he won't get another job in sports radio that pays without having to move. His wife has an established business here so that's not an option.

While he has done well for himself, I would bet he has been wise with his money and living on less than he makes. I can't say the same for Mr. Range Rover

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:08 pm 

Seacrest wrote:

Prima facie, no. But there's something to be said about getting your doors blown off by the competition in a calendar year.

Maybe a lineup swap is warranted: S&P go to afternoons, B&G go to middays where they can beat up on Carmen & Jurko.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

I’m afraid he’d insist on 60% .

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:11 pm 
Site Admin

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

The pay cut wasn't the larger issue with North.

It was the reduction from a multi year contract to a standard industry contract of 13 weeks at a time.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Seacrest wrote:

Does the balance sheet justify their continued employment? Can I get 75% of their ratings for 50% of the price?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:16 pm 

Dan isn't taking any paycut on his current deal and he shouldn't. When the next one comes then they negotiate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:29 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Prima facie, no. But there's something to be said about getting your doors blown off by the competition in a calendar year.

Maybe a lineup swap is warranted: S&P go to afternoons, B&G go to middays where they can beat up on Carmen & Jurko.

I can agree with you, at least until Bernstein's contract is up. Now if he claims contractual title of the afternoon slot, I'd fire him now and roast him in court for underperforming and (help him finish) wreck his future earning potential

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Tata's
Seacrest wrote:

The obvious answer is Goff, but, realistically, B and G ratings aren't fireable.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:39 pm 
Site Admin

Kirkwood wrote:
Seacrest wrote:

Does the balance sheet justify their continued employment? Can I get 75% of their ratings for 50% of the price?

But you probably still have to pay off their contracts. That's the difference between them and North when he walked away. North's contract was for 3 months.

How much time is left on their deals?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Dan will graciously accept whatever management wants to pay him. Why would Señor management bootlicker question REALLY SMART GUYS?