It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

Connor McDoink said he's not going to 720 on twitter. So who's the new guy? I'm guessing Mark Carmen. But have they announced it?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
they hired couple guys can't remember the name. I think one of them was with the Cougars. can't think of a good Demi Moore joke.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hatchetman wrote:
they hired couple guys can't remember the name. I think one of them was with the Cougars. can't think of a good Demi Moore joke.

Indecent Trade Proposal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Maybe they can hire yet another guy who is not a Sox fan.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Vito and Nick's
As long as it is not John Williams or Wendy Snyder, we're ok.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
I vote for WWN. More fun than the old Bears' post-game.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
Hatchetman wrote:

Indecent Trade Proposal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
tommy wrote:

:lol:

I've been listening to WGN a bit more this past week since they announced the Sox deal.

It's amazing how many hosts are now and "always have been" Sox fans at WGN Radio... WYC?!? :lol:

However, I give props to Wendy Snyder. She never drank the Blue Kool-Aid and stayed true to her Sox devotion.

Cochran said the Cubs Brass was arrogant and uncooperative when WGN was negotiating for the renewal in 2014. Ultimately losing out to CBS and WBBM.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Godfella wrote:
tommy wrote:

I've been listening to WGN a bit more this past week since they announced the Sox deal.

It's amazing how many hosts are now and "always have been" Sox fans at WGN Radio... WYC?!? :lol:

However, I give props to Wendy Snyder. She never drank the Blue Kool-Aid and stayed true to her Sox devotion.

Cochran said the Cubs Brass was arrogant and uncooperative when WGN was negotiating for the renewal in 2014. Ultimately losing out to CBS and WBBM.

Cochran's a douche. The GN management company line at the time (and MANY of the hosts seemingly were told to parrot it) when they lost out was the Cubs brass was arrogant and "unfair and/or unreasonable", when, in fact, GN was strapped for cash and in severe cost-cutting mode. They were looking for a sweetheart deal based pretty much on tradition and legacy. I'm sure the bean-counters at GN weren't shedding any tears over losing the Cubs, but they wanted to put on the "we got screwed by the Cubs" public face to make the less-knowledgeable listeners feel better. BBM actually pays less cash than what GN was offering, but they have a promotional deal with all of the Chicago CBS outlets and Wrigley concerts.

Whether the current state of CBS Radio will allow the deal to last through completion is uncertain, you can be damn sure that when negotiations for the next radio rights deal come around, GN will be right back in the hunt.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
tommy wrote:

Sometimes I think the only reason Wendy Snyder has a job at WGN is because Robin Baumgarten has a clause in her contract that says she can't be the dumbest person at the station.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:42 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Cashman wrote:

Yeah, and the ability to lecture Sox fans in a haughty know-it-all manner seems to have been a job requirement. But maybe it will be different at WGN.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:07 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Yeah, and the ability to lecture Sox fans in a haughty know-it-all manner seems to have been a job requirement. But maybe it will be different at WGN.

Send in your resume Darkside!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:13 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I thought Wills was a loud mouthed turd, huge inferiority complex about the Cubs. Rongey was a condescending Caller Bob, nothin worse than a dummy that talks down to callers. It will be difficult to not hire an upgrade over those clowns.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:28 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
tommy wrote:

Sometimes I think the only reason Wendy Snyder has a job at WGN is because Robin Baumgarten has a clause in her contract that says she can't be the dumbest person at the station.

I like Wendy (and the Bill and Wendy show, but I never listen to it now that they's switched to mornings), but she's not always the sharpest knife in the drawer.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:38 pm 

312player wrote:
I thought Wills was a loud mouthed turd, huge inferiority complex about the Cubs. Rongey was a condescending Caller Bob, nothin worse than a dummy that talks down to callers. It will be difficult to not hire an upgrade over those clowns.

I liked Wills, but the Cubs issue he had did get in the way. I was hoping Wills would move into the booth some day, but he got snapped up.

I don't think Rongey was too popular with Sox fans....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:05 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Cashman wrote:

OK. I'll do it.

I'm a big fan of Juan Omonapeaia.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
Minooka Meatball wrote:
Godfella wrote:
tommy wrote:

Cochran's a douche. The GN management company line at the time (and MANY of the hosts seemingly were told to parrot it) when they lost out was the Cubs brass was arrogant and "unfair and/or unreasonable", when, in fact, GN was strapped for cash and in severe cost-cutting mode. They were looking for a sweetheart deal based pretty much on tradition and legacy. I'm sure the bean-counters at GN weren't shedding any tears over losing the Cubs, but they wanted to put on the "we got screwed by the Cubs" public face to make the less-knowledgeable listeners feel better. BBM actually pays less cash than what GN was offering, but they have a promotional deal with all of the Chicago CBS outlets and Wrigley concerts.

Whether the current state of CBS Radio will allow the deal to last through completion is uncertain, you can be damn sure that when negotiations for the next radio rights deal come around, GN will be right back in the hunt.

Spot on. He was the first "I'm a big Sox fan" to start chirping. :lol:

FWIW, if my guy is correct, Kevin Powell is the new pre and post host.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Cochran sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
312player wrote:

Anyone that hard to deal with the amount of stupid calls that Rongey had to would develop that tone.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:52 am 

I grew up in an era where it was standard for radio hosts to have open, on air disagreement with management. It was fun, good radio and I suspect management thought so as well. I really despise the corporate shilling of today's hosts.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:03 am 

tommy wrote:
312player wrote:

I liked Wills, but the Cubs issue he had did get in the way. I was hoping Wills would move into the booth some day, but he got snapped up.

I don't think Rongey was too popular with Sox fans....

There were times Wills sounded like a south side punk. However, he always seemed like he was giving an honest opinion. I haven't felt that is true since he left.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:05 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
tommy wrote:

I haven't listened to Wendy since she has been on WGN but she always seemed like a fun radio host and news person. WGN changes a person.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
I grew up in an era where it was standard for radio hosts to have open, on air disagreement with management. It was fun, good radio and I suspect management thought so as well. I really despise the corporate shilling of today's hosts.

Howard dressing down Tom Chiusano was awesome.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:09 am 

Minooka Meatball wrote:
Godfella wrote:
tommy wrote:

If all is as it has been reported to be with the Score deal with the Cubs, stations may not be jumping at chance to be their broadcast partner.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
With Chicago White Sox broadcasts moving to WGN AM 720, the Tribune Broadcasting news/talk station has designated Andy Masur to host its pregame shows, and Mark Carman and Adam Hoge to split hosting postgame shows. Just hired as executive producer for White Sox baseball is Dave Zaslowsky, who held the same position at Cumulus Media news/talk WLS AM 890, the team’s former radio home. Friday marks the opening of the 2018 Cactus League season, with announcers Ed Farmer and Darrin Jackson returning to the booth for their 10th season together.

http://www.robertfeder.com/2018/02/19/r ... cast-team/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:11 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
tommy wrote:
I liked Wills, but the Cubs issue he had did get in the way.

Completely agree with this.

Rongey was awful. Does not matter how many stupid calls had had to take...that's was his job. Douche.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Tom Shaer and Tom Doer.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I hope it's Joe Cowley

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:53 pm 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:09 pm 

I have really grown to love Les. He is a man comfortable in his own skin...washed with bars of soap he took from the hotel he stayed in for free on a business trip