It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: State Line
I always wondered why they stopped podcasting his show, alone out of all the regulars, a few years ago. I mean, granted the audience that takes Les seriously mostly can't put down the Special Export long enough to upgrade from AM radio but still.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:39 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
The great caller KC called Les Sunday night. KC said a ghost like creature of Harold Baines was floating around his bedroom and told him the Sox would be in the wild card game this year. And the kicker Les is matter of fact about the story. Like what else is new KC?

March 26 about 2:27
https://670thescore.radio.com/media/pod ... stein-show

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:50 am 

Les was talking about the Cubs 6 error game last night. He said, "Even Jason Heyward made an error. He's a gold glover. Rizzo, Bryant, Baez made errors. They hardly ever make errors." Heyward made 6 of his 27 career errors last year. He has 2 errors in 5 games this year. So, 2018, and into 2019 he has 8 of his career 29 errors in a 10 year career. Baez, Bryant, Rizzo made a combined 43 errors last year.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:10 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
vitoscotti wrote:
The great caller KC called Les Sunday night. KC said a ghost like creature of Harold Baines was floating around his bedroom and told him the Sox would be in the wild card game this year. And the kicker Les is matter of fact about the story. Like what else is new KC?

March 26 about 2:27
https://670thescore.radio.com/media/pod ... stein-show

Holy crap, that was funny. :) Les wanted him to confirm the ghost of Harold Baines was talking about this year.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 6:25 am 

Les got a call last night from northwest side Joe. He calls quite a bit of the shows. He's a marvelous speaker. He's very opinionated, but never crude. He uses tons of euphemisms. But that his schtick. The guy must be a lawyer or something, because he's at home talking. Les cuts him off, and tells him to speak english, making an ass out of nw side Joe. Les actually gets a call from someone who's not brain dead.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:36 am 

Les gets a lot of crank calls and texts. I'm assuming he's still broadcasting from the kitchen like Julie has been. In this temporary setup it appears he doesn't have a dump button. So a caller plays it straight, then tries to catch Les off guard slipping in some obscenities. Les now screams out to the producer "Dump him" multiple times panic stricken. Classic Les.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:05 am 

Les once hit the dump button in the studio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:12 am 

Les last night praising Hispanics. "I have relatives in Mexico City! They're not Mexican, but speak Spanish."

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:49 am 

Les said he hasn't put his heat on yet. Lows have hit mid 30s. More validating of his reputation as a cheapskate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:52 am 

I like to hold on the first day of heat and air conditioning as well but it was close to freezing this weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:53 am 

Last night Les said the main reason the Cubs interviewed Joe Girardi was to get Information out of him. It was during chatter with the producer. Needless to say, the producer was speechless.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:11 am 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
vitoscotti wrote:
Last night Les said the main reason the Cubs interviewed Joe Girardi was to get Information out of him. It was during chatter with the producer. Needless to say, the producer was speechless.

Hopefully he meant the other Joe (Espada).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:35 am 

Les's 3rd call Monday just past midnight. Tim from Racine(a Packers fan)

Tim- The 1st two callers were cryin'. Like I'm cryin' now because I'm seein' fish. I went deep sea divin' this weekend. Right Les? I saw a fish right? And It was like a shark. And I was was trippin' on some shrooms. And now I'm seein' a shark come up. Right? And it's like a Jim McMahon getting swallowed up. I like a...what his name? That a? Charles Martin? It was like Charles Martins comin' up. It's like the whole worlds falling apart.

Les- Hey Tim? Tim? You there?
Tim- (dial tone)
Les- Apparently not

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:04 pm 

Is Les Grobstein in the Jewish Hall of fame yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... and_Museum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 5:36 am 

Les this morning:
"You're talking apples and oranges, water and vinegar."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:39 am 

Les last night on the NBA all-star game. Early 2nd hour.
They've turned it into a hip-hop show. (His true feelings, than he catches himself)And I'm a fan of a lot of hip-hop stuff.(Sure you are)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 1:30 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I'm sure Les enjoys hip-hop songs where people introduce themselves by name and declare what they're here to say. Mumbling about feelings, less so.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:00 am 

Caller Daron- Is it true Pace didn't bring Deshaun Watson in for an interview?
Les- Pace was absolutely asphyxiated with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:33 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
It's possible.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:44 pm 

Last night Les talking about something that happened quite a while back. "That's water under the dam".

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:19 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Caller Daron- Is it true Pace didn't bring Deshaun Watson in for an interview?
Les- Pace was absolutely asphyxiated with (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

Seems completely apropos.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:26 pm 

Les has banned any caronavirus talk on tonight's "Bum of the Week". Again, there's going to be a couple of words of caution on that. DO NOT utilize anything with regards to this caronavirus, or anything with regards to that for "Bum of the Week". We're not going to allow that! We're not going to go in that direction. SHOW SOME CLASS! So, Les thinks anyone who talks about CV and sports is classless?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:42 pm 

Les played Italian songs coming back from break for St Joseph's day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_LN5ATs-QM

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:16 am 

Les did last night's show from home and it was loaded with technical problems. He'd come back from commercials and you could hear him tapping, then they cut to more commercials. Played the Pat Hughes interview, then in the middle, went to more commercials.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:08 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Starting to think that Les works for free.

It provides him with access to teams that he would not otherwise have.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:08 pm 

Les's show always had a high content of him retelling old stories, and praising sports people he's come in contact with for being great guys. Now it's even more over the top ridiculous with no sports. His show now could be the worst sports radio ever in Chicago. It's so bad it's bordering on comedic genius. Mispeaks, flubs, temper tantrums, reading schedules, sports stadium corporate name history. Very sad calls though from mental deficients, lonely poor souls heaping praise on him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:09 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
Les's show always had a high content of him retelling old stories, and praising sports people he's come in contact with for being great guys. Now it's even more over the top ridiculous with no sports. His show now could be the worst sports radio ever in Chicago. It's so bad it's bordering on comedic genius. Mispeaks, flubs, temper tantrums, reading schedules, sports stadium corporate name history. Very sad calls though from mental deficients, lonely poor souls heaping praise on him.

...and retards like you who continue to consume it on a nightly basis.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:25 pm 

Texter- Les, are you concerned if games (MLB) are played in Arizona the weather will be so hot the Android umpires would overheat that would be calling balls and strikes?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:31 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
vitoscotti wrote:

He's the opposite of LeBatard...no show in the entire sports world is LESS equipped to handle no sports, yet he stays on the air.

But I listen. I grew up listening to him overnights and it's more comforting than how I imagine solo Bernstein handling this. "THERE. WILL. BE. NO. VACCINE. FOR. 18. MONTHS."

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 8:35 am 

Classic LOL

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next