It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Racist "Bob From LaGrange" called into Les. He hates Tom Brady with a passion.

Bob- The defense won that game ('21 Superbowl). How many touchdowns did Brady throw? What were his stats in the Super Bowl? (21-29, 3 TD, 0 int 125.8 rtg at 45 years old).
Les- It wasn't spectacular.
Bob- If Brady played last week for the Bears versus the Tampa defense do you think he'd be cool & calm? They'd of knocked his socks off
Les- (Les wouldn't bow that low to Bob) Not a chance.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:56 am 

Racist Bob from LaGrange called Les last night. He gave his assessment of Justin Fields so far. Of course, Les was silent.

Justin Fields is one of the top 10 quarterbacks in the NFL. Phenomenal!
-BFLG

65.7 rtg 32nd
123.9 ypg 32nd
26 sacks 1st
59.5 cmp% 31st
6.2 ypc 32nd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 4:21 am 

Les talking about Aaron Rodgers.

People are worried he might transform the virus to his teammates, or some other people.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2021 9:53 am 

Les read a baseball instant replay prank text that he took as legitimate.

AC 224 texter- Les, I'm a big fan of instant replay. I want every pitch in baseball to be reviewed.

Les- Well you can't do that! Come on! That's one of the dumbest comments we've seen all week. Every pitch to be reviewed?

AC 224 texter- I want intentional walks reviewed.

Les- You're out of your mind! You're nuts!

AC 224 texter- I'd rather watch reviews than the game itself.

Les - You go ahead and watch reviews. The rest of us want to watch baseball. What you're saying is dumb. Shawn, (producer) have you heard anything more stupid than that?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:36 am 

Les talking about Aaron Rodgers Tuesday morning.

Aaron Rodgers is about as honest as Al Capone was.

Al Capone was both directly and indirectly responsible for up to 400 murders.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:39 pm 

Les on with R & G today from Wrigley press box (NW vs Purdue). Les sounded more lucid than usual. I believe he's still banned from the Cubs press box. He hinted at still some bad blood about it. That he'd never be asked to sing during the 7th inning stretch.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:02 pm 

Les on the Bears loss to the Ravens. Little foggy about total/solo/combined tackles.

By the way, Quinn had 17 "combined" tackles in the game. Um? Actually Roquan Smith had 17.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
vitoscotti wrote:
Les on with R & G today from Wrigley press box (NW vs Purdue). Les sounded more lucid than usual.

absolutely. he was on last month talking about the 1989 A's vs. sox brew-ha-ha when larussa was the a's manager. sounds like admiral halsey talking about the doolittle raid when he talks about larry gura 1972 or jim mcmahon 1985. turns into a squeaky mouse, pretends not to hear what the caller is talking about when presented with modern day issues that may go down a 'controversial' road.

refused to catch on when D-linemen were issued technique/gap numbers in football. got embarrassed not knowing and talks in boring generalities now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:57 am 

"Racist" Bob from LaGrange called into Les near show's end. Les mentioned he (Bob) was on with P & S earlier. Found it on podcast. Very generic Bob bitching about Fields' treatment. Les came out swinging (a rare glimpse of real Les). Bob took over the show as usual (claiming the he's treated unfairly by Les card). Usually wimpy with Bob Les took over the exchange talking over him, telling him off , and kicking racist Bob off the show finally. Nice to see Les being a man on air.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:22 pm 

Les told an interesting Steve Dahl story. In a celebrity softball ball game (Les says 8k people were there?) Dahl really embarrassed Les. Dahl told his listeners to boo Les during the game. Dahl's scheme unbeknownst to Les. Les' elderly parents were at the game. And both guys worked at the same station.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:42 am 

Les mid last hour going over today's Score schedule. This is one of my all time favorite Les screw-ups. The tape will provide me laughs for years to come.

Then at 7am Mike Mulligan will be here doing a solo act...today. He'll have plenty to talk about that Bears win... yesterday. It was a Bears Thursday...special Thursday...on Friday. Today being obviously Black Friday. And it's also Horizon Therapeutics Bears Monday...also coming up today... actually coming up on Monday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:28 am 

Les and his producer had a wonderful discussion on Jason Heyward.

Producer- Obviously they're not going to trade out of his contract. He's going to be on this team until the Cubs decide to let him go. He's not a bad player to have on the roster.

Les- I agree with you on that one.

Producer- (totally forgets what he said 20 seconds ago) I wouldn't be surprised in the next year, or off season if someone pulls a trade to get Heyward. The bat has been improving each year. He's still a quality major league player. The bat's not terrible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:19 am 

les couldn't get through 15 mins before some nonsense..

spoke like admiral halsey when he told bruce levine that the roller derby was fake. said the los angeles thunderbird(ette)s told him what would be the score at the end of every period. he must have been sent to check out a thunderbirds vs. chicago hawks match around 1973 and was obviously crushed, when he found it it was all fake.

of course, what does 1973 roller derby have to do with today's baseball lock-out? only les can make the connection so he comes off sounding like admiral halsey talking about the doolittle raid.

this man knows his sports.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:38 am 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
les couldn't get through 15 mins before some nonsense..

spoke like admiral halsey when he told bruce levine that the roller derby was fake. said the los angeles thunderbird(ette)s told him what would be the score at the end of every period. he must have been sent to check out a thunderbirds vs. chicago hawks match around 1973 and was obviously crushed, when he found it it was all fake.

of course, what does 1973 roller derby have to do with today's baseball lock-out? only les can make the connection so he comes off sounding like admiral halsey talking about the doolittle raid.

this man knows his sports.

At the end of Les' rant on wrestling's fakeness Bruce Levine's "right" was priceless. Levine giving a terrific rundown of the MLB lockout story, and side notes. Levine sounds like the Mt Rushmore of sports media next to poor Les. Les radio will never be repeated once he retires.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:07 am 

the man is a classic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 5:15 am 

A wild start to the show. Dead airtime for the first ½ hour. CBS radio pops up. Les isn't aware his mic is on, and can be heard talking over the CBS feed to his producer. Unbelievable the station is dead and the bosses don't return his frantic calls.

Les- Get off the CBS feed as fast as you can here. Shane didn't answer. Mitch didn't answer. I tried calling both of their cells, and nobody answered. No, my voicemail is empty, my cell is working. It doesn't show he called.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:12 am 

did Les do his chicago sports casting of It's a Wonderful Life yet this season?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:03 pm 

Les talking about Soldier Field being "copywritten". I believe he meant "designated" as a national landmark. Les kept pounding "copywritten" about the subject multiple separate times. Also Les' choice of copywritten was wrong. Copywritten is a misspelling of the word copyrighted. It is an error whether it's used as a noun or a verb.The noun copywriter refers to a person who writes copy (in this case, another word for material).

It's strictly Soldier Field and they can't rename it because that's the name that has been copywritten... Soldier Field. As long as they're at Soldier field it's going to remain Soldier Field... They were unable to do that with Soldier Field because it was copywritten. The name Soldier Field is copywritten. They built which looks like a spaceship inside the columns. Were they going to get rid of the columns and completely redo it? No! Because again it's copywritten. And they couldn't do it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:37 am 

Les starting his show going over local sports news. He got it trouble, and tried to clean it up.

Both the Bulls & Blackhawks are affected by the coronavirus. Having games postponed by the NBA. The next time the Bulls have a game is against the Lakers. It was supposed to be Sunday afternoon. They have changed it to a Sunday night game. Once that game starts it will be after the Bears. The Bears game will be long over by that time. Of course, it doesn't matter. They don't play. It's been moved to Monday night.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:25 am 

Les going over the NBA standings.

The 2 LA teams are both virtually tied. The Clippers are 16-13. The Lakers are 16-13.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:59 am 

Les talking NFL with caller Brent from Naperville.

BFN- Has a 10-point favorite ever been shut out before?

Les- Yes it's happened before. It wasn't a shutout but Super Bowl 3 Jets & Joe Namath upset the Colts. They got one touchdown late in the game. Or, they would have been shutout.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
I just saw one of the older Milwaukee radio personalities post that Les passed away last night.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:37 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
I just saw one of the older Milwaukee radio personalities post that Les passed away last night.

welp only one song can be played to complement this news

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:46 am 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 am 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Major bummer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:06 am 

He seemed old but 69 is too young.

Les happily gave his life over to sports. He was always working, but I don't think he considered it work.

I appreciated that there was a Les Grobstein out there, always willing to talk sports.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Remember him being on with Steve and Garry way back in the day and he just rolled it whenever they made fun of him, he always understood that it was entertainment and tried to keep sports talk fun while interacting with callers that could best be described as challenging.

The fact that he was able to work in an industry he obviously loved for so long is amazing given the incredibly unstable nature of the business.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
sinicalypse wrote:
Urlacher's missing neck wrote:

welp only one song can be played to complement this news

Always wondered how a guy who would've been in his 40's when the song circulated picked up on a mostly unsuccessful Westchester, NY goof punk band's ode to twentysomething homelessness that happens when your parents sell their million dollar home and move into a condo.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:37 am 

I really hope they keep overnight local.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:39 am 

good dolphin wrote:
I really hope they keep overnight local.

I highly doubt it.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next