PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Welcome NWsider4-3-3!

-Hank Kingsley

Post subject: Re: Mark Giangreco
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
thank you, furious.

your dino's pizza, was that the dino's at diversey & austin?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
thank you, furious.

your dino's pizza, was that the dino's at diversey & austin?

A few blocks East of Harlem/Higgins near the Blue Line. Went there a few weeks ago and dined outside.

Still really solid tavern-style pizza.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 2:52 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Giangreco will be back on Chicago TV on NYE!

This time, on NBC with Janet fuckin Davies.

https://www.robertfeder.com/2021/12/19/ ... PKikPiZIAQ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:26 am 

It looks like all the stations are going local this year. ABC losing Giangreco/Davies is like the Score losing Buffone/OB.

I look forward to Cheryl Scott's suggestive performance.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2021 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
janet davies reading and responding to the comments on that article... lol

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:37 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
no wonder Bernstein hates her...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
no wonder Bernstein hates her...

I think his hatred of her is probably only intensified by the fact that she is engaged to a Barstool employee.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 5:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
she looks like a lot of fun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
she looks like a lot of fun

which is the biggest reason Bernstein would hate her.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:16 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
(sigh) I realize that local news has had to, in recent years, to...evolve in certain ways to...to meet aging viewers where they are, so to speak, to use meteorological journalism as a pretense for a, for a sensuousness and titillation that is otherwise absent in these sad people's lives. And I get it! I totally do. I was that sad person. I was the only person in Chicago watching channel 2 news in the last 30 years because I wanted to appreciate Megan Glaros's enormous boobies.

But (sigh) there is a difference, however much a scintilla, between a talented journalist who happens to be nice to look at and someone who is...perhaps using the local news industry -- what's left of it -- to market herself as something more than, or different from, what she is paid to do for her job.And when it is clear that your primary allegiance is not to the art and science of journalism but rather to...(sigh) to attracting one of several championship-winning athletes, or perhaps someone associated with a hate website whose name we won't mention...then it becomes hard to believe in that person's integrity as a reporter. This isn't Green Bay. This isn't Rockford. This is the third-largest media market. And members of Media Market. And I suppose the...the paradox inherent is that she wouldn't be doing choreographed dance routines in Green Bay or in Rockford, where there is no expectation of journalistic excellence, because she realizes she wouldn't be plucked from obscurity there and wouldn't deign to live there anyway. I know I wouldn't. Not again.

I just...(sigh) I feel as if we've crossed a frontier with the extent to which this event has been produced. I cannot imagine this same...this eliding of roles from Roz Varon or Tracy Butler or Mary Ann Childers. Tim Weigel, probably, but only as a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Angie's
Curious Hair wrote:
(sigh) I realize that local news has had to, in recent years, to...evolve in certain ways to...to meet aging viewers where they are, so to speak, to use meteorological journalism as a pretense for a, for a sensuousness and titillation that is otherwise absent in these sad people's lives. And I get it! I totally do. I was that sad person. I was the only person in Chicago watching channel 2 news in the last 30 years because I wanted to appreciate Megan Glaros's enormous boobies.

But (sigh) there is a difference, however much a scintilla, between a talented journalist who happens to be nice to look at and someone who is...perhaps using the local news industry -- what's left of it -- to market herself as something more than, or different from, what she is paid to do for her job.And when it is clear that your primary allegiance is not to the art and science of journalism but rather to...(sigh) to attracting one of several championship-winning athletes, or perhaps someone associated with a hate website whose name we won't mention...then it becomes hard to believe in that person's integrity as a reporter. This isn't Green Bay. This isn't Rockford. This is the third-largest media market. And members of Media Market. And I suppose the...the paradox inherent is that she wouldn't be doing choreographed dance routines in Green Bay or in Rockford, where there is no expectation of journalistic excellence, because she realizes she wouldn't be plucked from obscurity there and wouldn't deign to live there anyway. I know I wouldn't. Not again.

I just...(sigh) I feel as if we've crossed a frontier with the extent to which this event has been produced. I cannot imagine this same...this eliding of roles from Roz Varon or Tracy Butler or Mary Ann Childers. Tim Weigel, probably, but only as a bit.

:lol: Probably the funniest thing is that this is not really exaggerated at all...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:44 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Angst about the weather girl.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:28 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Curious is just rolling the last 2 days....damn, that's solid!

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
So, I was furiously flipping between 5 7 and 9.. but was giangreco and Davies involvement on the ch 5 broadcast limited to just the pre taped bit that ran during the credits?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:59 am 

billypootons wrote:
So, I was furiously flipping between 5 7 and 9.. but was giangreco and Davies involvement on the ch 5 broadcast limited to just the pre taped bit that ran during the credits?

It sure seemed like it. It seemed like all of the stations went hyper local this NYE but the quality of the production was poor. Even Cheryl Scott was underwhelming.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:08 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
good dolphin wrote:
billypootons wrote:

It sure seemed like it. It seemed like all of the stations went hyper local this NYE but the quality of the production was poor. Even Cheryl Scott was underwhelming.

There were a few 2 minute or so prerecorded bits with them throughout the show - all equally as bad.