It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Tragedy has a way of garnering positive efforts. Shame his kid won’t have much of what we’re probably good parents.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 7:25 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Remember hearing ESPN 1000 screwed JD out of his health insurance (like the Score did Les) at the onset of his illness and that at the time current and past fellow employees (including Mac) paid his health insurance premiums and other costs for him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

vitoscotti wrote:
Remember hearing ESPN 1000 screwed JD out of his health insurance (like the Score did Les) at the onset of his illness and that at the time current and past fellow employees (including Mac) paid his health insurance premiums and other costs for him.

Well, if he had premiums it means he had health insurance. But not through ESPN is what you're saying? Just don't understand what your saying. Maybe Obama Care?

I didn't know that about Danny Mac and others helping his premium payments. Very nice of them. I like hearing that.

I always wonder what these beat reporters like JD and others make for a salary. All these guys at athletic and all these other websites. I never read any of their shit. Doubt many others do. But they all go to the games and write the game story. Seems like a nothing business to me. I hear all these writers on the radio cuz it's cheap guests for the SCORE and ESPN 1000. But who's reading this shit now a days? Just saying, not me. I think most are like me.

Then, also nice to know that they raised over 1 million dollars, for his son after JD died. Obviously JD wouldn't have made that much money in 20 life times.

Once again, what do these local sports beat writers/radio guys make per year? Anybody know? Can't be more then 50k if JD needed money. I'm sure 50k is the max for the best. Gotta be way less for the others.

I'm always amazed to hear these beat guys have wives and kids. I don't know how they afford it doing this stupid job. Like Zawaski and Hoge for example.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:40 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
JD was a national writer that was popular enough to have his stuff under an ESPN paywall occasionally. He also did national radio. Outside of the costs associated with keeping his wife and himself alive, I doubt he would have been hurting for money.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
JD was a national writer that was popular enough to have his stuff under an ESPN paywall occasionally. He also did national radio. Outside of the costs associated with keeping his wife and himself alive, I doubt he would have been hurting for money.

That's obviously not true if Danny Mac and his co workers had to help pay for his medical insurance.

Who pays for writers paywalls? Nobody. You can get sports info for free on the internet. Who the fuck is paying for it? Yeah, I know he did a national show. I heard him and Hood on that show when driving. When? Weekends at night when games are being played. That's not big money. That's just ESPN trying to fill time.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:13 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Beardown wrote:
Nas wrote:

That's obviously not true if Danny Mac and his co workers had to help pay for his medical insurance.

Who pays for writers paywalls? Nobody. You can get sports info for free on the internet. Who the fuck is paying for it? Yeah, I know he did a national show. I heard him and Hood on that show when driving. When? Weekends at night when games are being played. That's not big money. That's just ESPN trying to fill time.

Again, he had multiple streams of revenue, and they lived in a nice suburban home. I doubt he was hurting for money because of his line of work. Battling death for your wife and yourself for a decade would create financial challenges for nearly everyone in America. That said, I hadn't heard anything about anyone paying medical premiums for him.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:28 am 
1000 CLUB

I don't know if it's true either. Just going by the poster a few spots above me that said Mac and his co workers helped pay for his premiums.

If true, it's very sad. But it's sad for millions of people in America.

My old man has been a physical wreck for years. His knees were shot in his 40s. But he had a good job, collects a very nice pension and with social security, medicare, and his private insurance, he's able to be a physical wreck and live fine. Not many people are like my old man. Sucks for me and my sisters cuz we're part of the health care for him. But who am I to bitch? Ok. I guess I just did bitch about it.

Last edited by Beardown on Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:34 am 

Beardown wrote:
I don't know if it's true either. Just going by the poster a few spots above me that said Mac and his co workers helped pay for his premiums.

Your own fucking mult posted that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Douchebag wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Your own fucking mult posted that.

Nice. It's been a while since I've heard I'm multiple posters here. But I don't post a lot anymore so maybe I missed some.

I'm a lone cracker. I know nobody will ever believe that. And I like that nobody will ever believe that.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 6:41 am 

Believe me! JD needed help from friends, family and co-workers. I believe Giangreco too was a big help.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Here's a nice moment from Kap and Pay Boyle getting emotional after learning he died right before they came on

https://youtu.be/_fVNBO4vHxM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
blackhawksfan wrote:
Here's a nice moment from Kap and Pay Boyle getting emotional after learning he died right before they came on

https://youtu.be/_fVNBO4vHxM

That first two minutes where he goes for a towel may be the only time I've ever seen Kap be a human and not a caricature of one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Beardown wrote:

My old man has been a physical wreck for years. His knees were shot in his 40s. But he had a good job, collects a very nice pension and with social security, medicare, and his private insurance, he's able to be a physical wreck and live fine. Not many people are like my old man. Sucks for me and my sisters cuz we're part of the health care for him. But who am I to bitch? Ok. I guess I just did bitch about it.

Jesus Christ, you're the absolute fucking worst

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:08 pm 
1000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:

Really? What the hell did I say that was so horrible?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:42 am 

Beardown wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I also thought CB's attack was uncalled for.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:59 am 

vitoscotti wrote:
Beardown wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Beardown wrote:

I also thought CB's attack was uncalled for.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6