It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
badrogue17 wrote:
I never get the Joniak hate .. I think he does a pretty good job.

+1. I like him and Thayer.

They come across as they are talking with us not at us.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tad Queasy needs a slap on the back of the head.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I think Hughes generally does a good job, but the KOHN-treras thing is unconscionable and incredibly grating to me. No one else, not even Contreras himself, says it like that. The way he botched the World Series winning call was embarrassing (he had at the least the duration of the playoffs to prepare something better. I hope he didn't actually plan what he said, that would make it even worse.), and taking an inning off also irritates me...and I don't care how many other announcers do it.

Joniak's call, especially when he does his "growly voice", IMO sounds like something a H.S. or college kid would do as he tries to sound like what he thinks a grown up announcer sounds like. And ss long as I'm complaining about all of this you can kick Thayer's inarticulate ass out of the booth, too, and replace him with Anthony Herron.

I agree with Frank, John Rooney was great. Off the top of my head, he and former Bulls' announcer Jim Durham were two of the best local announcers I have heard.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Don Tiny wrote:

If you replace "slap on the back of the head" with "gentle kiss on the forehead and a cup of egg nog with a shot of bourbon," I wholeheartedly agree.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 pm 

Tad Queasy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

If you replace "slap on the back of the head" with "gentle kiss on the forehead and a cup of egg nog with a shot of bourbon," I wholeheartedly agree.

:lol:

I liked John Rooney with the Sox as well. However, I can't remember his partner?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Godfella wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

I liked John Rooney with the Sox as well. However, I can't remember his partner?

Farmer

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I think Hughes generally does a good job, but the KOHN-treras thing is unconscionable and incredibly grating to me. No one else, not even Contreras himself, says it like that. The way he botched the World Series winning call was embarrassing (he had at the least the duration of the playoffs to prepare something better. I hope he didn't actually plan what he said, that would make it even worse.), and taking an inning off also irritates me...and I don't care how many other announcers do it.

Joniak's call, especially when he does his "growly voice", IMO sounds like something a H.S. or college kid would do as he tries to sound like what he thinks a grown up announcer sounds like. And ss long as I'm complaining about all of this you can kick Thayer's inarticulate ass out of the booth, too, and replace him with Anthony Herron.

I agree with Frank, John Rooney was great. Off the top of my head, he and former Bulls' announcer Jim Durham were two of the best local announcers I have heard.

Pat asked Willson how his name is properly said, and that's what he was told was the correct way to say it. I don't get people's hangup about it regardless.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:19 pm 
100000 CLUB

As a kid nothing beat Harry, Hawk and Kerr for me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:24 pm 

Nas wrote:

Harry & Jimmy were my faves...

"Jimmy, did you take your pill today?!"

Thanks, Nas - Farmio was the guy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Godfella wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Don Tiny wrote:

Wayne Hagin. Steve Dahl thought that you couldn't Rooney and Hagin them apart when they were talking.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:34 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Tad Queasy wrote:
taking an inning off also irritates me...and I don't care how many other announcers do it.

Literally all of them except for John Sterling.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Darkside wrote:
Hes great. I can see the game when I can't be in front of the television because of him.
Good on you pat.

This.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:26 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Hawk and Wimpy were on top before they got broken up.

Pat Hughes is bay ares boredom like Jon Miller. No idea how Jon Miller is in the baseball hall of fame. Maybe he's great if you want to fall while watching the game.

We will never forget how he screwed Mark Grote in place of that corporate ass kisser Zach Zaidman. ZZ is the absolute worst post game show. He berates Cubs callers who call it like it is. I loved it when they choked last year he was pulling excuses out of his ass that it wasn't the players fault.

I like Jeff Joniak. I liked him when he filled in for some Cubs games last year. He was better than pat hughes. at least Joniak conveys some passion and excitement when he announces unlike the boring Hughes.

I also dont think I ever listened to a bears game over the radio. Back when that ahole traitor Wayne Laravbe was doing the Bears game, I would cringe whenever I heard his voice.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:29 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:

Pat Hughes is bay ares boredom like Jon Miller. No idea how Jon Miller is in the baseball hall of fame. Maybe he's great if you want to fall while watching the game.

We will never forget how he screwed Mark Grote in place of that corporate ass kisser Zach Zaidman. ZZ is the absolute worst post game show. He berates Cubs callers who call it like it is. I loved it when they choked last year he was pulling excuses out of his ass that it wasn't the players fault.

I like Jeff Joniak. I liked him when he filled in for some Cubs games last year. He was better than pat hughes. at least Joniak conveys some passion and excitement when he announces unlike the boring Hughes.

I also dont think I ever listened to a bears game over the radio. Back when that ahole traitor Wayne Laravbe was doing the Bears game, I would cringe whenever I heard his voice.

You are an idiot. You say you like Joniak, but then say you havent ever listed to a bears game on the radio.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:29 pm 

RFDC wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

You are an idiot. You say you like Joniak, but then say you havent ever listed to a bears game on the radio.

As Mac would say READING IS A SKILL! I said I liked him on the Cubs Broadcasts last year dumbo!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:30 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
RFDC wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

As Mac would say READING IS A SKILL! I said I liked him on the Cubs Broadcasts last year dumbo!

I read it perfectly. You cannot judge whether you like Joniak or not if you havent even heard him in his main role.

You are still an idiot.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:31 pm 

RFDC wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
RFDC wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:

I read it perfectly. You cannot judge whether you like Joniak or not if you havent even heard him in his main role.

You are still an idiot.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Don Tiny wrote:
Pat asked Willson how his name is properly said, and that's what he was told was the correct way to say it. I don't get people's hangup about it regardless.

Speaking of pronunciation, Sir said that Mack's name is KAH-leel, not Kuh-LEEL. Haven't heard a single announcer or person pronounce it the "right" way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:04 pm 

i dont really care about the way he pronounces names. just telling what the score is maybe 2-3 times in a game really sucks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Seacrest wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Tad, I'll assume you are being facetious.

I'm being serious. I don't like any of the three I listed.

Interesting. I would never have guessed someone would put Hughes and Joniak in the same category.

I never get the Joniak hate .. I think he does a pretty good job.

It's not hate.

Jeff is a great guy personally and a mediocre PBP guy that was, and still is a budget hire.

Seacrest for the win ! My guy ! It could not be put any better. Someone at the Score texted me that "Jeff is a very nice guy and I'll stop there."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:02 pm 

pizza_Place: No Place
Tad Queasy wrote:

Do you like tuna sandwhiches?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:03 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
i dont really care about the way he pronounces names. just telling what the score is maybe 2-3 times in a game really sucks.

I know. i hate not knowing what the score is. It's not like I can look it up on my phone at any given moment.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:04 pm 

Nas wrote:

How do you rank Nas' albums from best to worst?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 9:13 pm 
100000 CLUB

MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Nas wrote:

Illmatic
Nastradamus
Stillmatic
Untitled
It was Written
Hip Hop is Dead
I Am
Nasir
Life is Good
God's Son
Street Disciple
Distant Relatives

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:35 pm 

Nas wrote:
MHSPBGLHLG wrote:
Nas wrote:

Illmatic
Nastradamus
Stillmatic
Untitled
It was Written
Hip Hop is Dead
I Am
Nasir
Life is Good
God's Son
Street Disciple
Distant Relatives

Certainly interesting...Nastradums over both IWW and God's Son is definitely unusual but to each their own.

I'd have to go

IWW
Illmatic
Lost Tapes
Stillmatic
God's Son
-----------------------------Below this point shifts fairly regularly
Life Is Good
Distant Relatives
Hip Hop Is Dead
Untitled
Nastradamus
I Am
Nasir
Street's Disciple

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:31 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curious Hair wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:
taking an inning off also irritates me...and I don't care how many other announcers do it.

Literally all of them except for John Sterling.
Farmer doesn't. Him and DJ will switch PBP and color for a couple innings, but neither of them leave the booth and take a break for a full or a half inning.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:37 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
That's still taking an inning off from play-by-play. Sterling's the only one who does all nine every game. And he blows.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 9:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Forgot to give Pat a DBOTW the other day when Tom Seaver died. Pat mentioned Tom was a Hall of Famer and it “might have even been on the first ballot.”

Might have been? Seaver was elected with the highest percentage of votes in history to that point (surpassed recently by Griffey and Rivera).

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2020 10:47 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Forgot to give Pat a DBOTW the other day when Tom Seaver died. Pat mentioned Tom was a Hall of Famer and it “might have even been on the first ballot.”

Might have been? Seaver was elected with the highest percentage of votes in history to that point (surpassed recently by Griffey and Rivera).

Hughes even gets a pass here on the boards. Does this guy have naked pictures of everyone here?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Hughes even gets a pass here on the boards. Does this guy have naked pictures of everyone here?

Only has pics of Joe Orr

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next