It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:44 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
HawaiiYou wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Forgot to give Pat a DBOTW the other day when Tom Seaver died. Pat mentioned Tom was a Hall of Famer and it “might have even been on the first ballot.”

Might have been? Seaver was elected with the highest percentage of votes in history to that point (surpassed recently by Griffey and Rivera).

Hughes even gets a pass here on the boards. Does this guy have naked pictures of everyone here?

Only has pics of Joe Orr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
Seacrest wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Forgot to give Pat a DBOTW the other day when Tom Seaver died. Pat mentioned Tom was a Hall of Famer and it “might have even been on the first ballot.”

Might have been? Seaver was elected with the highest percentage of votes in history to that point (surpassed recently by Griffey and Rivera).

Hughes even gets a pass here on the boards. Does this guy have naked pictures of everyone here?

Only has pics of Joe Orr

So if you have seen those pics, you’re praying every night just to forget.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2020 5:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Only has pics of Joe Orr

So if you have seen those pics, you’re praying every night just to forget.

We've seen his exposed chest. That's enough for me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
We can safely say that the bike shorts/banana hammock shots leave far too little to the imagination as well

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
heard him on 'inside the clubhouse' today - didn't tell me one thing about the cubs, but told us about the merchandise he's hawking. eeewwww..bob costas is now on baseball voices. great. here's my credit card number....

awhile ago - irritated me when he talked about broadcasting san jose NASL matches in the 70's, despite hating the sport of soccer. telling us that 0-0, 1-0 matches are boring, but he'll spend 2 hours explaining that you don't know baseball if you can't appreciate a 1-0 baseball score.

him and kasper...decent play-by-play, stick to it. they don't tell us anything when they are interviewed (kasper is in fact an apologist/excuse-maker). yeah, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: DATYYy
Yeeaaahh....I used to really enjoy Pat.

I just don’t anymore. He deserves the Frick award and eventually he’ll get it

The hawking he does is annoying but that’s more on me than him. Hell stack your money dude. But for some reason it’s just annoying how absolutely mandatory it is that he has to do it. Every. Fucking. Time.

But, that delirious 10 year old call in a once in a century moment is a true gaffe.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:51 pm 

yeah, i hear you. i don't blame pat for: "former all-star ron coomer, don't you think that addison russell has all the attributes to be a future NL MVP"???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
never liked the guy. never saw why people thought he was so great. always boring to listen to. maybe having santo w/ him so many years made him likable to cub fans but seems more like santo's popularity rubbing off on hughes.

in the last 5/6 years he's terrible to listen to on the radio. so lazy. never tells the listener the score or inning. the most basic things for a radio broadcaster to do in and out of innings.

he's mailed it in. and he got Grote fired so karma will bite him on his ass.

Ford Frick award? hahaha what a joke. So many others deserving of the award like Kuiper and Krukow and Stoney before Hughes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:17 am 

All I said is he’ll get it.

You’re overly hard on the dude but whatever

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:27 am 

Crick Ramp wrote:

i dont like guys who get other guys who do their job fired just because they didnt kiss enough ass.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:45 am 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

i dont like guys who get other guys who do their job fired just because they didnt kiss enough ass.

Do you have any proof of this? Like even a shred of anything that resembles proof?

Because Grote has addressed this like multiple times and while I wouldn’t expect him to completely break bad on Hughes if it were true, you know how Grote is...he would give a sometime clue that there was truth to it if he believed so.

Grote said they always sat next to each other on the plane for road trips?

You think Hughes is Machiavelli or what?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: What??
He's not exactly a regular dude. Quite an oddball actually. But his PBP is fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:33 am 

Nardi wrote:
He's not exactly a regular dude. Quite an oddball actually. But his PBP is fine.

Sometimes I get it in my mind that his smooth, ultra polite and refined exterior for something else.

Like he’s into hardcore bondage and throat fucks young prostitutes and pats them for their services in heroin

Last edited by Crick Ramp on Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Crick Ramp wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Sometimes I get it in my mind that his smooth, ultra polite and refined exterior for something else.

Like he’s into hardcore bondage and throat fucks young prostitutes and pats them for their services in heroin

Gary Oldman should play him in the movie of his double life.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Crick Ramp wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Hey Hey!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Hey Hey!!!

Nicely done!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 12:36 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
Do you have any proof of this? Like even a shred of anything that resembles proof?

Beardown is the supplier of this information. Ask him/her.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
HawaiiYou wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Crane Kenney replaced Grote.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:23 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

no it was ZZ. only IF Grote had laughed out loud at Hughes lame jokes like ZZ does maybe he would still be there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
absolute worst World Series winning call. I was looking forward to listening to what Pat had to say on it once posted, and then...ugh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:34 pm 

SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
absolute worst World Series winning call. I was looking forward to listening to what Pat had to say on it once posted, and then...ugh

ya you could tell he rehearsed it w/ the 'jumping like 10 year olds' shit line. didnt come out natural at all. no excitement in his voice either. just that boring drone voice of his.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:36 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
HawaiiYou wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

no it was ZZ. only IF Grote had laughed out loud at Hughes lame jokes like ZZ does maybe he would still be there.

Can't tell if this is a bit.

Let me put it another way...Crane Kenney fired Grote.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:39 pm 

Peoria Matt wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
Crick Ramp wrote:

Can't tell if this is a bit.

Let me put it another way...Crane Kenney fired Grote.

ya i know he officially fired him but it was Hughes who got him fired. there was a big thread on here when it happened. look for one of Beardown's posts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:52 pm 

But what was the large Beardown thread based on?

Your desire to believe this hook, line and sinker is odd.

You don’t care for Hughes’ PBP which is fine. Who the fuck cares anyway.

But do you recognize your just choosing to believe a rumor because you like it’s flavor?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Beardown also has a girl chained to a furniture in his basement, so I'm not sure if he's a reliable guy.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:08 pm 

Crick Ramp wrote:
But what was the large Beardown thread based on?

Your desire to believe this hook, line and sinker is odd.

You don’t care for Hughes’ PBP which is fine. Who the fuck cares anyway.

But do you recognize your just choosing to believe a rumor because you like it’s flavor?

no it's true. the way it went down happens in every line of business. old fart boss doesnt' like younger more hip employee. views him as a threat. youngster doesn't kiss bosses ass like 'he should' out of respect.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:27 pm 

Ok. Last thing I’ll say.

1. Your first sentence can’t be used to defend your premise that the rumor is true because that’s called circular logic.

2. All the rest is some odd projection of your own personal frustrations.

3. Grote ain’t fucking “hip.” But I am a fan.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:34 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:

Hughes is a made guy, watch your mouth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:35 pm 

NWsider4-3-3 wrote:
heard him on 'inside the clubhouse' today - didn't tell me one thing about the cubs, but told us about the merchandise he's hawking. eeewwww..bob costas is now on baseball voices. great. here's my credit card number....

awhile ago - irritated me when he talked about broadcasting san jose NASL matches in the 70's, despite hating the sport of soccer. telling us that 0-0, 1-0 matches are boring, but he'll spend 2 hours explaining that you don't know baseball if you can't appreciate a 1-0 baseball score.

him and kasper...decent play-by-play, stick to it. they don't tell us anything when they are interviewed (kasper is in fact an apologist/excuse-maker). yeah, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Soccer sucks though

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:55 pm 

maybe, maybe not. i enjoy it.

the point is he took money broadcasting the sport in the 70's - couldn't wait to tell us how boring it is, once he hit the big-time with baseball. he hit the big-time and now he's hawking his business venture when he's a guest on a baseball talk show. didn't tell me one thing about the cubs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next