Post subject: Re: Terri Hemmert
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:14 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Terry's Peeps wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Telegram Sam wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
I like Terri, but I think I'll like her better off the air.

I wanted to protest the comments from the proletariat but found I could not. CH is correct IMO that certain playlists are being pushed, hard. Taking this point under consideration Ms. Hemmert still had unfortunate song selections in queue so consistently it became a difficult listen. Same could not be said for her counterparts who were for the most part able to take a bad list of 7 songs out of 10 and somehow make it cohesive. Terri didn't. Loved her for always playing The Band (which ended after Levon died) and then her time on the wall has ended. I did meet her and wish her nothing but happiness moving forward.

Now about this recent completely shitty playlist...beni listened to more 104.3 than 93.1. He'd almost recommend you do too.

Beni, what's going on with the third person thing?

Brain damage from when he used to listen to Zach Zaidman Bears reports on B&B so we didn't have to.

RED ALERT would have a different meaning now.

I miss the ***NOT INTERESTED*** sign.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:25 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
beni hanna wrote:
Taking this point under consideration Ms. Hemmert still had unfortunate song selections in queue so consistently it became a difficult listen.

I do notice that she'll slip in R&B/soul stuff that most shows won't. I'm guessing the gripe is with too much sensitive lesbian music or something?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:27 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
beni hanna wrote:
Taking this point under consideration Ms. Hemmert still had unfortunate song selections in queue so consistently it became a difficult listen.

I do notice that she'll slip in R&B/soul stuff that most shows won't. I'm guessing the gripe is with too much sensitive lesbian music or something?

Too much Beatles.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 11:42 am 

312player wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
why would a person with a four hour work day not be able to get 8 hours of sleep each night

I'm assuming she's out seeing live music pretty often and looking for some pussy to eat.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I almost swallowed my Skoal reading this one! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Curious Hair wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

You like mix tapes? To me a good dj gives me a mix tape each day. The progression of songs flow together nicely. They don't have to be the same genre. In fact a good mix tape blends songs I don't picture together and blends them in a way I cannot put the tape down. A good dj for me makes mix tapes all day long. For me, her song selections haven't worked. She is hamstrung with some crappy stuff. But her selections don't blend at all. I don't mind what I expect are her musical tastes. It's the presentation maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:27 am 

pizza_Place: State Line
Can't wait for her to be in that Subaru commercial with Megan Rapinoe, Brittney Griner, Martina Navratilova and Peppermint Patty.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:49 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Exile on Route 41 wrote:
Can't wait for her to be in that Subaru commercial with Megan Rapinoe, Brittney Griner, Martina Navratilova and Peppermint Patty.

"Exile on Route 41" :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:34 am 

pizza_Place: Investigating
New schedule per feder site quoting Solk internal email.

5:30–10a Lin & Mary
10-2:30p Richard Milne
2:30-7p Marty Lennartz
7p-Mid Ryan Arnold
Mid-5:30 Emma Mac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:57 am 

beni hanna wrote:

7p-Mid Ryan Arnold

Curious Hair wrote:
My prediction is Emma Mac moves up to middays, she seems to be the rising star there. Though it's just as likely they eliminate the midday shift altogether and stretch everyone else out to five hours.

Well, guess I was right about just not replacing her. Though I thought Emma Mac had a good shot at it; she doesn't do the Intimate Overnight Mumble anymore and it sounded like she was prepping for middays. I don't think it's a very good idea for a station whose listenership is about 50/50 men and women not to have a woman on the air in daylight. Terri herself is surely not impressed.

Whose dog did Jason Thomas kick that he can't get back to a five-a-week shift? I feel bad for him.

Last edited by Curious Hair on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:00 am 

Greg Solk wrote:
With Terri leaving her 10a-1p daytime shift, it leaves three very important hours to fill. Luckily XRT has an amazing deep bench of world class personalities and music lovers.

"Unluckily for them, I'm not giving them steady work."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

7p-Mid Ryan Arnold

Curious Hair wrote:
My prediction is Emma Mac moves up to middays, she seems to be the rising star there. Though it's just as likely they eliminate the midday shift altogether and stretch everyone else out to five hours.

Well, guess I was right about just not replacing her. Though I thought Emma Mac had a good shot at it; she doesn't do the Intimate Overnight Mumble anymore and it sounded like she was prepping for middays. I don't think it's a very good idea for a station whose listenership is about 50/50 men and women not to have a woman on the air in daylight. Terri herself is surely not impressed.

Whose dog did Jason Thomas kick that he can't get back to a five-a-week shift? I feel bad for him.

Jason Thomas has always annoyed the shit about me for some reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:09 am 

They should have hired SHARK to host middays.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:12 am 

pizza_Place: Quonset
It's funny, I remember when Richard Milne first started. He's always seemed like a fill in jock. It was basically impossible to crack into their lineup.

pizza_Place: Palermo's
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:
beni hanna wrote:

7p-Mid Ryan Arnold

Curious Hair wrote:

He sounds a little Connor McKnight-ish to me.

Douchebag wrote:

Nah...he's holding out for The Drive.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:13 am 

Tad Queasy wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

He sounds a little Connor McKnight-ish to me.

Also annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
lets all laugh at their playlist:

https://wxrt.radio.com/playlist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:15 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:

I think he's good at selecting music, especially for the Big Beat, but he has always sounded too out-of-town for such a provincial station. I guess that isn't his fault, and it'd be worse if he tried to be someone else. I think he was Norm Winer's pet project to make sure the lineup wasn't just the same six or seven people growing old forever, so it makes sense that his star fell when Norm got fired.

Douchebag wrote:

Executives really aren't gonna like him playing this next one from the Indigo Girls.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:19 am 

Curious Hair wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:

I think he's good at selecting music, especially for the Big Beat, but he has always sounded too out-of-town for such a provincial station. I guess that isn't his fault, and it'd be worse if he tried to be someone else. I think he was Norm Winer's pet project to make sure the lineup wasn't just the same six or seven people growing old forever, so it makes sense that his star fell when Norm got fired.

Douchebag wrote:

Executives really aren't gonna like him playing this next one from the Indigo Girls.

:lol:

Nor will they care for a 3 minute dissertation on why he's playing Honky Tonk Women because Bill Wyman's 13 year old mistress is turning 60 today.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 am 

GoldenJet wrote:
It's funny, I remember when Richard Milne first started. He's always seemed like a fill in jock. It was basically impossible to crack into their lineup.

I remember him writing something about how putting Lin in mornings and sliding everyone else back a shift bumped him off the schedule, but that worked out in the end because it got him started with Local Anesthetic and booking events in town. I thought he used to do a really good job on weekends, but now everyone on the station seems to be getting orders from above again. All Beck, all the time.

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Nor will they care for a 3 minute dissertation on why he's playing Honky Tonk Women because Bill Wyman's 13 year old mistress is turning 60 today.

Yeah, that's Lin's job.