It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2023 10:39 pm 
1000 CLUB

TriColoredPastas wrote:
I thought leery was going to vegas. He is not in vegas. Ten bucks says he backed out once he realized more people were going.

That's actually probably 100% accurate. That he backed out once the afternoon got the late invite.

1. Larry hates Parkins for obvious reasons. He's white, he's younger, he's advanced faster in the radio game. In fact he got a prime time job at the SCORE over Larry. And his arrival eventually meant that Goff's ass. And Larry loves Goff's ass. (I actually don't think Larry and Goff like each other at all. I think it's an act that they feel obligated to push because they're both black and don't want it known that they hate each other. Wouldn't be good optics. The black community wouldn't like their local sports media guy hating each other. When it's rare that the Sports radio hires black hosts.

2. Larry really wanted to spend alone time with his idol, mentor and God...Dan Bernstein. And Leila, too, despite the fact that she's a girl. Once it was known that the afternoon gang was coming, Larry hated the idea that he would have to hang out with Parkins at dinner and at the tables. So he made up a illness and told Mitch he wasn't going. By the way, Bernstein and Parkins are thinking the exact same thing I'm thinking. Larry doesn't realize that.

But Larry was hoping for at least one dinner where it was just him and Bernstein. Where he could gaze into Bernstein's eyes as they sip wine. Discussing how they are both on the right side of history on every issue.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:07 am 

one of the score insiders here from the past told about how Sir was having a party and none of the guys like Goff wanted to go but they felt obliged

those were fun days at the forum, where insiders would offer revelations and mitch would soon after write memos to staff about the things that were revealed

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:27 am 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Was listening one day last week and him and Leila were talking about how much fun they were going to have and was surprised to hear this. I know Speigal has a band gig tonight so that is his excuse. Maybe Leila wouldnt bunk with him.
Beardown wrote:
I thought leery was going to vegas. He is not in vegas. Ten bucks says he backed out once he realized more people were going.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:49 am 
1000 CLUB

Beardown wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

That's actually probably 100% accurate. That he backed out once the afternoon got the late invite.

1. Larry hates Parkins for obvious reasons. He's white, he's younger, he's advanced faster in the radio game. In fact he got a prime time job at the SCORE over Larry. And his arrival eventually meant that Goff's ass. And Larry loves Goff's ass. (I actually don't think Larry and Goff like each other at all. I think it's an act that they feel obligated to push because they're both black and don't want it known that they hate each other. Wouldn't be good optics. The black community wouldn't like their local sports media guy hating each other. When it's rare that the Sports radio hires black hosts.

2. Larry really wanted to spend alone time with his idol, mentor and God...Dan Bernstein. And Leila, too, despite the fact that she's a girl. Once it was known that the afternoon gang was coming, Larry hated the idea that he would have to hang out with Parkins at dinner and at the tables. So he made up a illness and told Mitch he wasn't going. By the way, Bernstein and Parkins are thinking the exact same thing I'm thinking. Larry doesn't realize that.

But Larry was hoping for at least one dinner where it was just him and Bernstein. Where he could gaze into Bernstein's eyes as they sip wine. Discussing how they are both on the right side of history on every issue.

A lot of truth here. Lawrence says "I agree Daaann" about 15 times a show. He sounds like he's his lover, talking about Bernstein so adoringly. Very odd in how much he seems to be in love with him.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:51 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
one of the score insiders here from the past told about how Sir was having a party and none of the guys like Goff wanted to go but they felt obliged

those were fun days at the forum, where insiders would offer revelations and mitch would soon after write memos to staff about the things that were revealed

I can't imagine people like Holmes. I know he trys to glom onto everything, but his tough guy, ultra sensitive and everything's racist in every conversation would have to be exhausting.

Just last week, he told Dan he needed to use a different word than "sissy".

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:37 am 
1000 CLUB

brucester001 wrote:
Was listening one day last week and him and Leila were talking about how much fun they were going to have and was surprised to hear this. I know Speigal has a band gig tonight so that is his excuse. Maybe Leila wouldnt bunk with him.
Beardown wrote:

A few weeks ago, Dan asked Lawrence to play golf. Lawrence turned it into an entire segment, and kept talking about it during the show about he didn't know if he was going to play (but probably not) because it won't be fun for him and and it won't be fun for Dan...because Lawrence is such a tough competitor and won't like losing....He did want to take Dan out for dinner though instead of golf. Very sweet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: New Mexico has no good pizza. Send help.
Beardown wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

Are you sure you don't work for the station? It's uncanny how you nail it so often.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:39 am 

BD wrote:
brucester001 wrote:
Beardown wrote:

A few weeks ago, Dan asked Lawrence to play golf. Lawrence turned it into an entire segment, and kept talking about it during the show about he didn't know if he was going to play (but probably not) because it won't be fun for him and and it won't be fun for Dan...because Lawrence is such a tough competitor and won't like losing....He did want to take Dan out for dinner though instead of golf. Very sweet.

I thought Dan was an anti golf guy, the kind of person who fished in the pond during the golf outings of the past

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:13 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think he mentioned going golfing with his son a lot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 5:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Beardown wrote:
TriColoredPastas wrote:

100-fucking-%. I’m so glad others exist with these same thoughts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Larry is just socially rude. And he gets away with it cuz nobody checks him. Ever. Scared of being called a racist.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:49 am 

pizza_Place: Panino's
Tuned in and they were talking about how Justin Steele's 4-seamer has so much cut, that it tricks fangraphs into thinking that he is actually throwing a cutter. Larry chimed in and said he understands, because his fastball has a lot of cut as well. A shame he never got a shot at the majors.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Derplington wrote:
Tuned in and they were talking about how Justin Steele's 4-seamer has so much cut, that it tricks fangraphs into thinking that he is actually throwing a cutter. Larry chimed in and said he understands, because his fastball has a lot of cut as well. A shame he never got a shot at the majors.

:lol:

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:22 am 

we are so lucky to have Larry on days like today as he is a quasi academic :roll:

soak in his greatness people!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:39 am 

RFDC wrote:
we are so lucky to have Larry on days like today as he is a quasi academic :roll:

soak in his greatness people!

Him and Bernstein mansplaining journalism was riveting sports talk radio.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 10:46 am 

Holmes is fellating Poles over a very bad press conference. Also some guy who’s a “real damn journalist.”

Bernstein is more hung up on Alan Williams’ present location than the fact Fields bus-tossed his coach and Poles is doing the ‘everything is fine’ meme.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Holmes is fellating Poles over a very bad press conference. Also some guy who’s a “real damn journalist.”

Bernstein is more hung up on Alan Williams’ present location than the fact Fields bus-tossed his coach and Poles is doing the ‘everything is fine’ meme.

Larry and Dan are always praising the Bears beat like they're so tough.

Here's a list of things that the Bears beat should be embarrassed about but continually get praise from everyone

-never figured out Pace and Nagy contract length, this went on for years
-never any explanation of why Roquan Smith just needed a week off in 2019 for "personal reasons"
-never break any news about trades or signings
-never break any news on the schedule
-obviously the Alan Williams situation, they've figured nothing out
-they created a good guy award for players that are nice to them
-95% of their twitter feeds are them copying and pasting what the Bears PR account or Bears account tweets

It's truly incredible that a franchise as inept and dysfunctional as the Bears has been able to completely stonewall about a dozen reporters for decades

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Peqouds
Larrry just said in response to Matt Bowen talking about Justin Fields situation, that when he was a quarterback his foot placement was different also. When was Larry a quarterback?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:21 pm 

brucester001 wrote:
Larrry just said in response to Matt Bowen talking about Justin Fields situation, that when he was a quarterback his foot placement was different also. When was Larry a quarterback?

:lol: was just coming here to post about that moment. "I went back to my QB days and was practicing taking snaps!"

A sad little delusional man.

He was probably QB of like his pee wee team in 2nd grade.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:52 pm 

brucester001 wrote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: JJ Twigs
brucester001 wrote:

when he closes his eyes at night

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
sorry i missed the party here

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:04 am 

RFDC wrote:
brucester001 wrote:

:lol: was just coming here to post about that moment. "I went back to my QB days and was practicing taking snaps!"

A sad little delusional man.

He was probably QB of like his pee wee team in 2nd grade.

that's no exaggeration. He's around 5'7" as a fully grown adult and Homewood Flossmore was very good at football back in those days, as I recall.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Larry and Dan also gave a seminar on journalism. Basically, Twitter with blue mark is evil because you can no longer trust what you read, Pat McAfee is not a journalist so don't believe him, etc.

You can only believe reporters who have blue checked mark and, of course, there is never any agenda except the truth. LOL

Meanwhile, Dan knows 100% from his sources that what the Bears are saying is not the full story about Alvin Williams. Glad he has sources to tell him that, while they both claim to know a lot more but need to be careful with what is shared.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Who has proven to be more trustworthy over the years, Dan's "sources", or Terry's "peeps"?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Clawmaster wrote:
Who has proven to be more trustworthy over the years, Dan's "sources", or Terry's "peeps"?

Dan very rarely ever reports anything, just that he knows there's more to the story or that he knew about things but couldn't report it, etc. He also likes to report on what his sources have said after something has become public.

I think Boers was also very generic, and he has answering machines with sources telling him the inside scoop.

For all of these guys, but especially Bernstein and Holmes, having sources and letting everyone know how much "in the know" they are is very important to their images.

Their sources are their imaginations and Twitter (X). They just feel it gives them credibility to pretend to have inside information even though they never actually tell you about this secret information until after it's public.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

BD wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

Dan very rarely ever reports anything, just that he knows there's more to the story or that he knew about things but couldn't report it, etc. He also likes to report on what his sources have said after something has become public.

I think Boers was also very generic, and he has answering machines with sources telling him the inside scoop.

For all of these guys, but especially Bernstein and Holmes, having sources and letting everyone know how much "in the know" they are is very important to their images.

Their sources are their imaginations and Twitter (X). They just feel it gives them credibility to pretend to have inside information even though they never actually tell you about this secret information until after it's public. It definitely isn't anyone in the Chicago sports media - these people never break anything, it's always national reporters.

With this Alvin Williams situation, does anyone expect more information to come from local reporters or from a national reporter? This has been a story for 7 or 8 days and they have had no information. Bernstein and Holmes actually publicly said that the Bears refusal to say anything will cause the media to start digging and that Jason Lieser was getting to close with his questions so the PR ended the press conference. Of course, they are also being sourced information, but they can't share any of it. Laughable that anyone thinks the local media is able report anything.

Also laughable that Twitter blue check marks were trusted sources for sports/news.

Just hilarious how smart these two think they are, but how unaware they really are. They are typically full of MSNBC talking points that they think are factual statements.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Where's Larry Horse when you need him?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:28 pm 

Just a reminder, all Weird Larry discussion should be restricted to this thread

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Enzo's big fat fucking chicken parm rolls
Caught transition today between midday and afternoon. Larry used almost all of it as though it was his podcast. Regardless of topic, from basketball to football to colonoscopies, it was his soapbox. Out of 4 people with microphones he must have taken up 80% of the time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 876 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next